Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #1021
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagrl99 View Post
I am new to this board (as of today!), and am in the process of planning a trip at the end of November.. So much to think about!!!! A lot has changed since I've last planned a trip to WDW (back in 2000)...

Tell us your plans. What dates are you going, how long, solo or with family? You bet things have changed since 2000! But you'll love re-discovering everything and experiencing all the new attractions. If you need any help, just ask. We've got a lot of experience on this thread and love to help out where we can. Don't be shy!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #1022
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

ahhh im almost under 2 months!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #1023
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Definitely want to put in some happy thoughts and pixie dust for those in Isaac's path. We'll probably get a little late rain out of it as it heads north, but I doubt it will give us much here.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #1024
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

OK, I have 2 questions for more in the know that I

1) In trying to help my friend with his September trip, he said he found 4 day MYW tickets for $150ish online. I told him that seemed awfully cheap and they might not be valid tickets. While I could not find anything online that cheap via legit ticket sellers, might he be referring to E-Bay or something?

2) In regards to my trip in November, this was discussed in the other November thread, but I was wondering what some of the later Novemberites thought about the possibility of the walls being down around the new expansion at Fantasyland so people going to the MK before the soft opening can see the attractions, buildings, etc, even though they may not be able to go in. I was hoping since the soft opening was Nov 19th, the walls would be down before the first MVMCP on the 9th, since they will be doing AP test runs, etc.
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #1025
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
OK, I have 2 questions for more in the know that I

1) In trying to help my friend with his September trip, he said he found 4 day MYW tickets for $150ish online. I told him that seemed awfully cheap and they might not be valid tickets. While I could not find anything online that cheap via legit ticket sellers, might he be referring to E-Bay or something?

2) In regards to my trip in November, this was discussed in the other November thread, but I was wondering what some of the later Novemberites thought about the possibility of the walls being down around the new expansion at Fantasyland so people going to the MK before the soft opening can see the attractions, buildings, etc, even though they may not be able to go in. I was hoping since the soft opening was Nov 19th, the walls would be down before the first MVMCP on the 9th, since they will be doing AP test runs, etc.
My husband found a program that Disney does called Disney youth education, you can enroll in these classes and get discounts on your park tickets plus the classes are free http://www.disneyyouth.com/youth-education-series/ these tickets I believe run about $150 for 4 day tickets.

Im hoping the same thing we will be there the week of Nov 9th to Nov 17th and the walls just HAVE to be down Im really thinking they will be even if you cannt go into any of the attractions
Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #1026
kerriemiller

Still obsessing about photopass plus. Called Disney today there are photo pass photogs at the charactor dining locations that will be available to take your pictures with charactors. But my concern is their availablity. Im thinking it might be easier to take our own pictures. We might be waiting for the photographer to be available. And then at the charactor M&Gs last time we only got like 20 pictures total. So if thats all the pictures we get this time then its not worth it to me. And I still cannt get past the possiblity of the girls being unwilling to take pictures. I just dont know what to do. I might just go for it and see what we get since there is the 90 day refund. This means I can see the pictures and choose a refund or go ahead and order the CD.

Has anyone purchased pictures from their charactor dining, beyond Crt and Akershus, like Chef Mickey's or 1900 PF?
Or has anyone noticed the photographers at the charactor meals?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #1027
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Still obsessing about photopass plus. Called Disney today there are photo pass photogs at the charactor dining locations that will be available to take your pictures with charactors. But my concern is their availablity. Im thinking it might be easier to take our own pictures. We might be waiting for the photographer to be available. And then at the charactor M&Gs last time we only got like 20 pictures total. So if thats all the pictures we get this time then its not worth it to me. And I still cannt get past the possiblity of the girls being unwilling to take pictures. I just dont know what to do. I might just go for it and see what we get since there is the 90 day refund. This means I can see the pictures and choose a refund or go ahead and order the CD.

Has anyone purchased pictures from their charactor dining, beyond Crt and Akershus, like Chef Mickey's or 1900 PF?

I'm not sure if they misunderstood your question. But the photopass photographers at the character dining locations are only there for the staged photo on your way in. I'm thinking Tusker House, CRT and Akershus are the only one that have a character at that spot. The rest are just photos of your group on the way in. You still have to take your own photos with the characters that come around to your table.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #1028
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post

I have never seen them just walking around with characters. I have seen them at the staged photos... we were gonna purchase the photo at Chef Mickeys last time but it was like $25-$30 and we werent spending that..... and the same for Tusker House...but this year we will def get it

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #1029
vleeth
I heart Disney

So yay I'm less than 90 days. But, I don't have time for Disney planning right now....there is a hurricane on its way to my house that I must prepare for!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #1030
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
I have never seen them just walking around with characters. I have seen them at the staged photos... we were gonna purchase the photo at Chef Mickeys last time but it was like $25-$30 and we werent spending that..... and the same for Tusker House...but this year we will def get it
I preordered the photopass months ago... do the pictures at the Charatcer dining come as part of the deal? I got it back when it was $99.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #1031
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth
So yay I'm less than 90 days. But, I don't have time for Disney planning right now....there is a hurricane on its way to my house that I must prepare for!
Haha, seriously not funny, but i couldn't help but giggle a little because i'm right there with ya!
PixiePrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #1032
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePrincesses View Post
Haha, seriously not funny, but i couldn't help but giggle a little because i'm right there with ya!
Disney and hurricanes...the ties that bind us. lol
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #1033
jrlongino
J.R.

New to the site...my wife and i are taking our 3 yr old and 18mo old Nov 7-12 (jersey week). Just one question - how are the crowds that week? We currently have a Fantasmic package booked on Sunday but I heard with crowd levels in November (we are usually Summer DW people) we really don't need it. Should we pay the money or just wing it that night?
jrlongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #1034
Santa
DIS Veteran

Just got 20% off All Star Music resort November 24 - December 1. I originally had ASMo booked but got a better discount at Music. No discount for my November 23rd night.
I did not have to make a new or split my reservation.

12/76, 7/05, 4/13, - Offsite,
03/97, 11/97, 11/99 - Dixie Landings, Alligator Bayou,
11/01, 12/04, 11/05, 04/10 - Port Orleans Riverside,
09/03 - Coronado Springs,
11/07 - Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa,
11/12, 11/13 - All Star Music
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #1035
kerriemiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm not sure if they misunderstood your question. But the photopass photographers at the character dining locations are only there for the staged photo on your way in. I'm thinking Tusker House, CRT and Akershus are the only one that have a character at that spot. The rest are just photos of your group on the way in. You still have to take your own photos with the characters that come around to your table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
We have only done two charactor dinners and I did not remember photopass photographers there other then when you walked in. I thought maybe with the new photopass plus that maybe they changed that but I think you are right they were talking about getting your picture as you walk in. And as far as that is concerned it doesnt intrest me. And the ride photos we are still at the age were they arent really tall enough for the bigger rides so I think only like three of those would apply to us and that only if I can get her to ride them I actually have a camera that is just as good as the cameras the photopass photographers use and I know how to use it and all its attachments to get the shots they do. I was just hoping to not bring it with me as its an extra huge bag to lug. And as I said earlier I want to be in the photos. So I guess we will be asking them to take our picture with our own camera cause i dont see the value in it for our family.

Ok so thats over what is my next obsession going to be

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: