Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #991
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug

Did you see the link for the tie dye mickey head shirts?

Glad you are all okay.
Yes I did. Thanks. I'm not sure if I can do it. I don't know how to sew. I can't draw mickeys head either. Lol.. Trying to think of other routes.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #992
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
Yes I did. Thanks. I'm not sure if I can do it. I don't know how to sew. I can't draw mickeys head either. Lol.. Trying to think of other routes.
I have been looking on etsy for the iron on appliques. I figure I can handle that. I just have to figure out what hubby will wear.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #993
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
I have been looking on etsy for the iron on appliques. I figure I can handle that. I just have to figure out what hubby will wear.

Hubby and I are just going to be normal and wear regular clothes......How boring is that?
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #994
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug

My husband won't do the appliqués. Maybe I can get him to sew the heads..lol
Old 08-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #995
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
Here are a few things I was able to make this weekend...

So happy my ticker is under 3 months!!!!!
Cute! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Oh wise November crowd - anyone have a recommendation for my very first sewing machine?

Both my sister and I have wanted to learn for years and are eager to start. I'm hoping to pick it up fast enough to get some things together for our trip! I don't want to spend too much, but want one that will work for a variety of projects. I'm hoping to do some pillows, simple clothing (open drapy cardigans), and general alterations - and my ultimate goal, a fish extender!!!! (I do plan on taking classes at my local Joanne Fabrics)
I've heard to stay away from Singer as they aren't as good quality as they used to be. A brother is a great machine. You might want to check here on the DIS on the DISboutique thread. They are a group of people who know everything there is to know about sewing, embroidery, machines, techniques, patterns, etc. They are very helpful too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
He is 16 and he is now safely back in Houston with no issues during travel. He starts school on Monday. DD starts school on the 4th. So only one more week of summer here. I can't wait. I will be able to pay the trip off the rest of the way due to the fact I will go from $100 every 2 weeks to $40 every 2 weeks for childcare. That and my food bill will go way down. I usually have 2 teenagers and DD to feed daily and then on weekends anywhere from 4-5 kids to feed.
Yes, I remember when we became empty nesters how our food bill went down. We were always the house the kids seemed to gather at, so we spent a lot of money on food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

We had some wicked storms and terrential rains last night!! Our entire street is flooded with water almost up to porch- Rachel was working last night on 82nd street in Ocean City and when mh DH went to get her took 3 hours to get home when it normally take like 10-15 min tops!! I was so worried. Our cat and friend's dog we are watching were totally freaked out. I felt so bad. Never saw so much water and lightening in all my life- felt like we were having our own little hurricaine here- water going sideways just awful. So thankful the sun is out this morning- and now on to all the clean up!!

My daughter made it home safely to Pensacola but now I'm worried about hurricaine isaac supposed to hit right up near there on Tues as cat 2 hurricane. She has many friends she can stay with that are used to weather like that but still as a mom I worry. I know several years ago hurricane ivan leveled Pensacola- it was awful. Well hope everyone has a great day.
That's scary for sure! Glad you're okay. I have a cousin in Pensacola and a son in Ft Myers. Just talked with our DS and he said they boarded up where he works and he's hunkered down for whatever comes. I'm not a worrier, fortunately, but I do pray for the best for everyone in the path of Isaac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Hubby and I are just going to be normal and wear regular clothes......How boring is that?
Sweety, it takes more than clothes to make a person "normal"...just saying'
Old 08-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #996
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney
Good Morning everyone!!

We had some wicked storms and terrential rains last night!! Our entire street is flooded with water almost up to porch- Rachel was working last night on 82nd street in Ocean City and when mh DH went to get her took 3 hours to get home when it normally take like 10-15 min tops!! I was so worried. Our cat and friend's dog we are watching were totally freaked out. I felt so bad. Never saw so much water and lightening in all my life- felt like we were having our own little hurricaine here- water going sideways just awful. So thankful the sun is out this morning- and now on to all the clean up!!

My daughter made it home safely to Pensacola but now I'm worried about hurricaine isaac supposed to hit right up near there on Tues as cat 2 hurricane. She has many friends she can stay with that are used to weather like that but still as a mom I worry. I know several years ago hurricane ivan leveled Pensacola- it was awful. Well hope everyone has a great day.
We had at least 5 inches of rain here to your south, and probably closer to 7 inches. I can't say for sure because the giant rain gauge that is my pool overflowed and then some at some point before the rain even stopped... Amazing storm!

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #997
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
I didn't think I could do the tye die either but it was pretty simple. Google a mickey head outline and trace it on the shirt. Here are mine:

I also ordered iron on appliques from etsy!

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #998
Santa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Anyone gotten Mickey Mail yet?
Nope! But there is hope

12/76, 7/05, 4/13, - Offsite,
03/97, 11/97, 11/99 - Dixie Landings, Alligator Bayou,
11/01, 12/04, 11/05, 04/10 - Port Orleans Riverside,
09/03 - Coronado Springs,
11/07 - Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa,
11/12, 11/13 - All Star Music
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #999
mamamini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse

I didn't think I could do the tye die either but it was pretty simple. Google a mickey head outline and trace it on the shirt. Here are mine:

Good luck!
That shirt looks FANTASTIC! I'm bowing!!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #1000
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

I know. And normal is just a setting on your dryer anyway!
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #1001
Smileybug

Quote:

Good luck!

Good job!! I love the colors.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #1002
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

Yes, I remember when we became empty nesters how our food bill went down. We were always the house the kids seemed to gather at, so we spent a lot of money on food!

Our house is that house too. I feel better that way because at least I have an idea of what they are up to.

Are any of us really normal????
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #1003
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck!
Great job on the shirt! I saw this and googled it and found this page with instructions.

http://disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot...-t-shirts.html

I showed it to my wife and she said "We could do that!" So I think we may try it.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #1004
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse

Good luck!
Wow, that is really great.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #1005
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney
Well, i'm now inside the lovely "cone of uncertainty" for Isaac, though i'm 2.5 hours west of New Orleans. Instead of preparing for camping next weekend, i'm doing hurricane prep. I can't forgt to add my Disney folder to my box of important docs!
PixiePrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: