Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #886
mamamini
Mouseketeer

Wow!! Chatty today, aren't we?!

If you've been to the Dessert Party, do you think it's worth it? Price, location, viewing, etc... Might be considering it?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #887
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post
Wow!! Chatty today, aren't we?!

If you've been to the Dessert Party, do you think it's worth it? Price, location, viewing, etc... Might be considering it?
Yes I kind of would like to know also.....I have heard both pros and cons about it. We will be on a rather tight budget so I would like an honest opinion on this. Thanks.

Hope everyone has had a great day!!
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #888
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleLulu View Post
Subscribing and Introducing myself.

DH and I will be making our first WDW trip starting November 1 - 6, 2012. We have both been to Disneyland, but never to the World. Our youngest daughter gets married 9/8 so we are celebrating an empty nest! We will be staying at POFQ.

bellelulu Nov 1-6 @ POFQ

I have enjoyed the boards and am learning tons, any advice for a newbie is welcome.

Welcome!!
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #889
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

We went to the dessert party in August 2010. I liked it, kids liked it, hubby thought it was overpriced.

Here would be my 2 cents:
- your family best REALLY like sweets. There are tons to chose from.
- might want to feed kids close before time so they don't over do it.
- bring tums
- make sure & have photographer get a family shot. The castle is all lit up & chances are their night shots will turn out better than most guests' cameras. They also put a few freebie professional shots of the castle and electric parade on your photo pass.
- view for parade is limited.
- view for fireworks is outstanding.
- speaking of standing, don't plan on sitting if you want to see fireworks. Even though you will have paid good money for a seat, everyone crowds the rails & stands any ways. I had recent feet surgeries when we went, I had to remain seated, and I felt I could see pretty good (except for low ones).
- it is a GREAT, perfect view of Tinker Bell's fly-over (for all you Tink fans.
- seats/tables are reserved (but everyone still gets there early)

Hope this helps!
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #890
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse View Post
We went to the dessert party in August 2010. I liked it, kids liked it, hubby thought it was overpriced.

Here would be my 2 cents:
- your family best REALLY like sweets. There are tons to chose from.
- might want to feed kids close before time so they don't over do it.
- bring tums
- make sure & have photographer get a family shot. The castle is all lit up & chances are their night shots will turn out better than most guests' cameras. They also put a few freebie professional shots of the castle and electric parade on your photo pass.
- view for parade is limited.
- view for fireworks is outstanding.
- speaking of standing, don't plan on sitting if you want to see fireworks. Even though you will have paid good money for a seat, everyone crowds the rails & stands any ways. I had recent feet surgeries when we went, I had to remain seated, and I felt I could see pretty good (except for low ones).
- it is a GREAT, perfect view of Tinker Bell's fly-over (for all you Tink fans.
- seats/tables are reserved (but everyone still gets there early)

Hope this helps!
Gee thanks for the review! I think we just might skip it this time. It is expensive and we will be there for 2 weeks spending 1/2 in Disney and 1/2 at Universal...we have some great events planned and I don't feel its necessary to do EVERYTHING! We enjoy dessert but probably won't eat aLOT of dessert. IDK but I just think we can pass on this.
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #891
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Hmm... alternatively what happens if you DONT get there early? Will all those delicious strawberries be gone?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #892
Paivafamily12
Earning My Ears

Subscribing
Paivafamily12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #893
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame
Hmm... alternatively what happens if you DONT get there early? Will all those delicious strawberries be gone?
Everybody was seated before they started serving. My younger son & I are MAJOR chocoholics, oldest son also has a major sweet tooth, and the chocolate covered strawberries were our favorite. I know personally, I can handle really rich desserts, and I called it quits pretty early & still had an upset tummy all night. My husband is the health nut of us all & he felt it was way to much. He felt he did not eat the value of what it cost, which made me sad b/c I booked it as the big celebration thing we did for his 40th birthday. Like the whole trip wasn't enough lol! He wasn't trying to be a downer, just being honest.
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #894
mking624
DIS Veteran

Cannot believe I have not added myself to the list yet! I will be there November 8-12, staying at ASMu.
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #895
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
What do you use to clean them? I heard ketchup and tried it, but I wasn't impressed.
I always take a roll of old pennies to the bank and ask for a new roll of pennies. Our bank always trades them for us. Just an idea so you don't even have to clean them first.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #896
mamamini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse

Everybody was seated before they started serving. My younger son & I are MAJOR chocoholics, oldest son also has a major sweet tooth, and the chocolate covered strawberries were our favorite. I know personally, I can handle really rich desserts, and I called it quits pretty early & still had an upset tummy all night. My husband is the health nut of us all & he felt it was way to much. He felt he did not eat the value of what it cost, which made me sad b/c I booked it as the big celebration thing we did for his 40th birthday. Like the whole trip wasn't enough lol! He wasn't trying to be a downer, just being honest.
Thank you for your great description. Funny enough, we're going for my husbands 40th and I was thinking of doing this as a surprise for him, well and the rest of us! Maybe leave well enough alone.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #897
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
We're also going to hit the dollar store up for some glow bracelets, necklaces and other various little cheap trinkets. We're also hoping to hit up the pressed coin machines too. Anyone have tips for a cheaper alternative to the coin books for keeping them?
Got my glow stix, braclets and necklaces the other day!!! What a deal. And for the coins what about the binder sheets that hold baseball cards? Honestly my Dad may still have some at his house from our childhood my brothers loved baseball cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I'm wanting to pack, I just feel like it's crazy to pack right now. Of course, I am crazy when it comes to Disney.
Not crazy. Im going to start packing as soon as I can put their shorts up for the year. Should be just a few more weeks of summer. I will be almost totally packed at least a month before we go.
[QUOTE=AquaDame;45918832]Does anyone have a good recommendation for finding cheap luggage? [QUOTE]
I second the TJMaxx or Marshals. They have a beautiful section with lots of nice stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
http://www.pennycollector.com/tips_clean.html

Maybe one of these will work for you.
I use a product call Barkeepers Friend, its a powder cleanser that polishes metal. Does a WONDERFUL job on my copper bottom pots and pans and my stainless sink and just about anything I use it on. It would make short work of tarnish on pennies and you can use it for household cleanning also.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #898
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

I met my new students today. So as a getting to know you activity, we do a scavenger hunt to find people with certain characteristics. One of the things listed was find a person who has been to Disney World. A boy says, "I have, but really wished I didn't. I hated that place." We are not going to survive together this year together as I use Disney references for everything. Seriously, I am sure he's a wonderful kid, it just made me laugh.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #899
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6
I met my new students today. So as a getting to know you activity, we do a scavenger hunt to find people with certain characteristics. One of the things listed was find a person who has been to Disney World. A boy says, "I have, but really wished I didn't. I hated that place." We are not going to survive together this year together as I use Disney references for everything. Seriously, I am sure he's a wonderful kid, it just made me laugh.
Quiet the impression he made lol
Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #900
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Her birthday is Oct 20th and MI has a Dec 1st cut off. There has been talk of them changing it to Sept 1st like the other states around us. If that happened there would be no debate she wouldnt qualify. So that kind of makes me feel better. My youngest her birthday is Sept 17th so she wont quality either if the date is changed.
DD birthday is Nov 20th. She started school when she was 4. She loves it. They kept asking about young 5's but she was ready and I think she would have been bored if we had waited. BTW where in Mich? Hillsdale here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
My suitcases are sitting in my bedroom. That counts for something......RIGHT!!
LOL mine are always in the bedroom. We store them under our bed...
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: