Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #871
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Do ou have a TJ Maxx or Ross? You can usually find good prices there. Name brands too!
I think we have some on the other side of town... my Mom and her friend RAVE about those places but I have never been... IT... IS...TIME!!!

I'm not a brand name kind of girl, but I DO want it to stand up to abuse. My lovely carryon mickey bag that I got in WDW two years ago did not fare very well the ONE time I handed it over to DCL to put on the ship for us. All they had to do was take it from the sidewalk to the stateroom and back off the ship to the dock but it got HUGE scratches and the wheels have never been the same...
Old 08-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #872
Tulles
Mouseketeer

I have an old peppermint tin with Donald's picture on it. DH got it on our first trip and keep all my pressed pennies in it. I have them from almost everywhere I've been. Can't display them but it makes it fun when we pull them all out to look at them. Its the size of an altoids container.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #873
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
What do you use to clean them? I heard ketchup and tried it, but I wasn't impressed.

http://www.pennycollector.com/tips_clean.html

Maybe one of these will work for you.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #874
Smileybug

Quote:
Hey now, be nice!
I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
I think we have some on the other side of town... my Mom and her friend RAVE about those places but I have never been... IT... IS...TIME!!!

I'm not a brand name kind of girl, but I DO want it to stand up to abuse. My lovely carryon mickey bag that I got in WDW two years ago did not fare very well the ONE time I handed it over to DCL to put on the ship for us. All they had to do was take it from the sidewalk to the stateroom and back off the ship to the dock but it got HUGE scratches and the wheels have never been the same...
My set came from TJ Maxx about 6 years ago and I promise you that they still look brand new. I love my suitcases!! And you buy them by the piece.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #875
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!

I found them and posted but that thread doesn't seem to move as much as this one does!

No kidding!! NO THREAD posts as much as this one does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
can you post a link? please? for the one you have?

I will try. I don't always have good luck with posting links.

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlaySpor...odak+playsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Does anyone have a good recommendation for finding cheap luggage? We need to get a large suitcase to check for our two week trip (!!!) but my husband is even having sticker shock at walmart prices.... has there been good luck at Goodwill or garage sales or something better? He doesn't want to pay $70 for a one trick pony but I also don't want to get something that smells of smoke or urine or anything...

We got our huge one at Kohls a few years back when they were having a sale. We have to be careful not to go over 50#s with it. It's easy to do that, just be aware. And I think if you can find one for $70 you should grab it. I don't think you'll get one any cheaper than that.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #876
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

We got our huge one at Kohls a few years back when they were having a sale. We have to be careful not to go over 50#s with it. It's easy to do that, just be aware. And I think if you can find one for $70 you should grab it. I don't think you'll get one any cheaper than that.

I agree with this on a large piece that you want to hold up.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #877
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:

Oof I know! And its $50 extra if we go over.... we'll definitely be weighing it before we go - and it will carry our extra clothes/shoes, empty waterbottles and maybe some cereal or bagels since I am undecided on green grocer. Since we have to pack formal wear we need more space, whose idea was it to book nice restaurants again...? Surely not ME...!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #878
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
http://www.pennycollector.com/tips_clean.html

Maybe one of these will work for you.
Never let it be said that the people on this thread don't come through with answers to any question!

I also read somewhere else on the DIS that it's best to use pennies from 1949 or older because of what they're made of. Lots of luck finding those!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #879
Smileybug

Quote:
Never let it be said that the people on this thread don't come through with answers to any question!

I also read somewhere else on the DIS that it's best to use pennies from 1949 or older because of what they're made of. Lots of luck finding those!

We are hear to take care of each other.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #880
Cumbley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ain0004
We are going Nov 14-21st @ OKW! First time there. taking the kiddos out of school. Also attending the Xmas party on the 15th can't wait/
Same dates as us ! And we do MVMCP on 15th, really looking forward to it, we haven't been away this summer and will be looking for a break from the cold, wet British winter by then! Hope it's good weather!

Cumbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #881
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbley View Post
Same dates as us ! And we do MVMCP on 15th, really looking forward to it, we haven't been away this summer and will be looking for a break from the cold, wet British winter by then! Hope it's good weather!

I hope its good weather for ya'll too!!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #882
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:

I thought it was 1985???
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #883
Smileybug

Quote:
I thought it was 1985???

No.....Its 2012!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #884
BelleLulu
Earning My Ears

Subscribing and Introducing myself.

DH and I will be making our first WDW trip starting November 1 - 6, 2012. We have both been to Disneyland, but never to the World. Our youngest daughter gets married 9/8 so we are celebrating an empty nest! We will be staying at POFQ.

bellelulu Nov 1-6 @ POFQ

I have enjoyed the boards and am learning tons, any advice for a newbie is welcome.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #885
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug

No.....Its 2012!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: