Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #856
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I can't do it NOW, I'm at work. Besides I think I'll be playing with my new toy for the next week or so (embroidery machine).

I think I have to at least wait until Sept 1...then I can say we're going in 2 months. That doesn't sound too crazy. Right? Oh wait, look who I'm asking!
So after all that......you're telling me you are waiting?
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #857
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is it time to pack yet?
Speaking of packing, do any of you use Groupon/LivingSocial/Tippr to hunt for deals on things that you can bring on the trip? We picked up a pack of the roll-up/collapsible water bottles from Groupon.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-set-...-water-bottles

We're also going to hit the dollar store up for some glow bracelets, necklaces and other various little cheap trinkets. Then we can give them to them randomly throughout the trip to keep them entertained and hopefully prevent them from begging for all of the junk around the parks.

We're also hoping to hit up the pressed coin machines too. Anyone have tips for a cheaper alternative to the coin books for keeping them?
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #858
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
I'm wanting to pack, I just feel like it's crazy to pack right now. Of course, I am crazy when it comes to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Speaking of packing, do any of you use Groupon/LivingSocial/Tippr to hunt for deals on things that you can bring on the trip? We picked up a pack of the roll-up/collapsible water bottles from Groupon.

We're also going to hit the dollar store up for some glow bracelets, necklaces and other various little cheap trinkets. Then we can give them to them randomly throughout the trip to keep them entertained and hopefully prevent them from begging for all of the junk around the parks.

We're also hoping to hit up the pressed coin machines too. Anyone have tips for a cheaper alternative to the coin books for keeping them?
I plan on getting my water from the vendors in the parks. But I did buy glow bracelets. We have a tradition of giving dd7 a wrapped toy each morning before we get to the park. Usually dollar tree or clearance items. I did get a few things when the easter stuff was 75% off. But I still need a few more.

DH got DD a coin book a couple of trips ago, so I can't help you there. But I have been saving my old pennies.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #859
Smileybug

Ya'll don't forget to give your pennies a good cleaning before you leave on your trip.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #860
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
A couple of years ago I saw a DISer's video of their family vacation, including underwater shots at the water parks, and the quality was so great, I asked her what camera she used. Turns out it was a very inexpensive little camera made by Kodak called the Play Sport. Waterproof for up to 10 feet and full HD 1080p video! Small enough for a pocket. (I sound like a commercial! ) I got mine on Amazon. Just checked and they have the 2nd generation one for $99.
can you post a link? please? for the one you have?

Quote:

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining

Last edited by mommyof3princess27; 08-23-2012 at 12:28 PM.
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #861
Smileybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post

Really......some people RIGHT!!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #862
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:

We looove the pressed pennies! We bought the book they had though - its a really nice Disneyland one with a bunch of characters in the park with the matterhorn and castle etc on a bright sunny day! I was only $8 too... still WAY cheaper than a lot of the other souveniers. As a special bonus I took it to a Mouse Meet a couple of weekends ago and got it signed by Tony Baxter and Marty Sklar - I bet you could get that signed by one or two favourite characters?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #863
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Ya'll don't forget to give your pennies a good cleaning before you leave on your trip.
What do you use to clean them? I heard ketchup and tried it, but I wasn't impressed.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #864
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for finding cheap luggage? We need to get a large suitcase to check for our two week trip (!!!) but my husband is even having sticker shock at walmart prices.... has there been good luck at Goodwill or garage sales or something better? He doesn't want to pay $70 for a one trick pony but I also don't want to get something that smells of smoke or urine or anything...
Old 08-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #865
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Really......some people RIGHT!!
Hey now, be nice!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #866
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Does anyone have a good recommendation for finding cheap luggage? We need to get a large suitcase to check for our two week trip (!!!) but my husband is even having sticker shock at walmart prices.... has there been good luck at Goodwill or garage sales or something better? He doesn't want to pay $70 for a one trick pony but I also don't want to get something that smells of smoke or urine or anything...
Have you tried Kohls? Once a month or so they have the luggage 40% off.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #867
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Costco/Sam's Club typically has some good deals. We got our last set from Overstock.com. 5 piece set for about $100 if memory serves.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #868
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
saw a cute 5 piece one at kohls for $79

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #869
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Have you tried Kohls? Once a month or so they have the luggage 40% off.
I haven't yet, but I DO go past one every day - now that I know they have sales I can keep looking there thank you!

Quote:
Costco/Sam's Club typically has some good deals. We got our last set from Overstock.com. 5 piece set for about $100 if memory serves.
We went to Costco already, but the set pieces are so much spendier... we only need the one large bag so the sets won't work. I should check overstock though I bet they should have one offs! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
saw a cute 5 piece one at kohls for $79
Hopefully they sell them solo too! I never thought finding ONE piece would be so hard and we are covered luggage-wise in the other sizes since we tend to just take carry-ons and have weekend bags and such!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #870
Smileybug

Quote:

Do ou have a TJ Maxx or Ross? You can usually find good prices there. Name brands too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: