Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #841
vleeth
I heart Disney

I'm getting an embroidery machine. Anyone have any pics of stuff they did with a Disney theme?
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #842
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
want a water proof camera for this, the waterpark and then our cruise!
A couple of years ago I saw a DISer's video of their family vacation, including underwater shots at the water parks, and the quality was so great, I asked her what camera she used. Turns out it was a very inexpensive little camera made by Kodak called the Play Sport. Waterproof for up to 10 feet and full HD 1080p video! Small enough for a pocket. (I sound like a commercial! ) I got mine on Amazon. Just checked and they have the 2nd generation one for $99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
No problem! Definitely glad to be here so I have a place to throw out ideas and whatnot with people who understand and appreciate it.

I'm confused about the show replacing MM&Y. I don't recall ever seeing MM&Y. I thought the only show at the castle at night was Wishes...
It was a show done before Wishes that showed pictures of park guests that had been taken in the parks by the park photographers. The glimpses of photos was so brief, you couldn't really make out if you were on there or not. The music was good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaML View Post
Let's talk homemade T-Shirts!

I know someone of you make t-shirts for your trip. I've caught this bug big time! Forgive me for saying this - as if its possible - I don't want to look like a crazy person on my trip by wearing all these personalized shirts. The trip consists of me, my mom and young son. So far he has 4 t-shirts and I've made two each of she and I. I've now got 2 more designs for each of us I want to use. Eveyone will know us by name by the end of our trip. I'm not even sure my Mom will willingly wear all these t-shirts generally speaking she's not a t-shirt sort of gal.

What is your opinion, do you just make shirts for your kids, do you see many adults wearing personalized shirts?
Seriously, you will see people dressed all kinds of ways at Disney!! Many, many adults wear personalized shirts. You and your Mom will fit right in! I made four different shirts for DH, (adult) DS and me as a surprise to them last year. They were thrilled with them. One of them was for MNSSHP since in Sept. it was WAAAAAy too hot to put an entire costume on. Have fun creating your shirts and wear them proudly!! Besides that, who cares what someone may think. You're in your happy place.
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #843
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I'm getting an embroidery machine. Anyone have any pics of stuff they did with a Disney theme?
Ohhh, I want an embroidery machine!!! What are you getting?

Are you a part of the DISboutique group? I've been lurking there for a month or so, but haven't posted anything. There are some seriously talented (and friendly) people over there!!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #844
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

Are you a part of the DISboutique group? I've been lurking there for a month or so, but haven't posted anything. There are some seriously talented (and friendly) people over there!!
I think I'm getting a demo Brother Quattro 2. I don't even have a sewing machine so this is a big leap. But we own a sign shop and want to slowly branch into shirts, etc.

I'm gonna go look for this group! Thanks!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #845
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:

I have asked for one from santa!! Fiingers crossed.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #846
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
Honestly he wasn't really ready for it either at that age but I NEEDED him to go. My DD had just turned 1 but she was born with such severe medical issues that I had to quit work to take her to all her doctor's appointments and therapy appointments and I needed him to be out of the house for at least a little bit each week. He went alternate days so 2 or 3 days per week depending on the week. Sounds selfish now but at the time everyone agreed it was for the best. Now that DD is 4 (turned 4 on Aug. 7) she'll be starting JK this Sept and even though she doesn't talk yet (she signs) she's more ready then her brother ever was. Its one of those really tough parenting things isn't it.
I dont think that is selfish at all. I think it would have been selfish to insist he stay home. At least at school he was entertained. Something you would not have been able to do while tending to your daughter.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #847
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaML View Post
Let's talk homemade T-Shirts!

I know someone of you make t-shirts for your trip. I've caught this bug big time! Forgive me for saying this - as if its possible - I don't want to look like a crazy person on my trip by wearing all these personalized shirts. The trip consists of me, my mom and young son. So far he has 4 t-shirts and I've made two each of she and I. I've now got 2 more designs for each of us I want to use. Eveyone will know us by name by the end of our trip. I'm not even sure my Mom will willingly wear all these t-shirts generally speaking she's not a t-shirt sort of gal.

What is your opinion, do you just make shirts for your kids, do you see many adults wearing personalized shirts?
we all have matching shirts. 2 adults one child
Old 08-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #848
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
so jealous!!!! i have only done iron on stuff
Old 08-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #849
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I'm getting a demo Brother Quattro 2. I don't even have a sewing machine so this is a big leap. But we own a sign shop and want to slowly branch into shirts, etc.

I'm gonna go look for this group! Thanks!
You'll get lots of info and inspiration there! Good luck!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #850
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
You'll get lots of info and inspiration there! Good luck!
Thanks!

I found them and posted but that thread doesn't seem to move as much as this one does!

Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #851
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Not until I have packed.
Is it time to pack yet?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #852
Smileybug

Quote:
Is it time to pack yet?

Well, my suitcases are out. And waiting.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #853
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Well, my suitcases are out. And waiting.
Waiting until when? When is it okay to pack?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #854
Smileybug

Quote:
Waiting until when? When is it okay to pack?

Now. RIGHT NOW!!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #855
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Now. RIGHT NOW!!
I can't do it NOW, I'm at work. Besides I think I'll be playing with my new toy for the next week or so (embroidery machine).

I think I have to at least wait until Sept 1...then I can say we're going in 2 months. That doesn't sound too crazy. Right? Oh wait, look who I'm asking!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: