Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #826
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Disney usually gives you until 30 days out to have everything paid. (Their grace period) But I encourage you to call and explain. I'm willing to bet they will work with you. Don't give up yet.
When should I notify them? A few days before our due date or now
aubreysmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #827
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
your 45 day mark or your 44th..... then just call and notify them of the situation... Im sure they will be fine with it. I even know CM's wave the fee for changes if after the 45day mark

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #828
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, and because of their mess up. We were pretty lucky to have a savings. Half of that was our disney money Im so glad we didnt pay in full. Now we have minimal almost no savings now that my DH truck broke down on monday. It will all work out. If we cant go in December their is always January. If they have a RO discount maybe we can stay at a Deluxe I just hope a January discount is offered for the just in case moment. I really want to go in November to see the lights though. Im just going to keep my head up and think that they are exagerating the return date, and we will have the money by October 10
I meant November. Wow I need coffee
aubreysmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #829
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Hey..... look at my ticker!!!! 3 months from today!!!!

Less than 3 months for me (my ticker still hasn't changed from yesterday...)!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #830
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you find it!!
Woohoo! Found it! My brain was working overtime through the night apparently because when I woke up this morning I knew right where it was and despite having looked in that spot a hundred times before it was there!

Now we have a great way to record some of our Disney Adventures!

What can I obsess about now?
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #831
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Woohoo! Found it! My brain was working overtime through the night apparently because when I woke up this morning I knew right where it was and despite having looked in that spot a hundred times before it was there!

Glad you found it. Usually when I stop thinking about it, it comes to me! A couple years ago, we got a little video recorder that is waterproof and got some good shots on Kali River Rapids. Of course my DGD and I were the ones who got the wettest! Just for the photo op I'm sure.

I love that you're so into this! My DH loves Disney, but I'm definitely the one who is a teeny tiny bit obsessed with planning and dreaming and talking about it. So glad to have you here to represent the male perspective!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #832
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Glad you found it. Usually when I stop thinking about it, it comes to me! A couple years ago, we got a little video recorder that is waterproof and got some good shots on Kali River Rapids. Of course my DGD and I were the ones who got the wettest! Just for the photo op I'm sure.

I love that you're so into this! My DH loves Disney, but I'm definitely the one who is a teeny tiny bit obsessed with planning and dreaming and talking about it. So glad to have you here to represent the male perspective!
want a water proof camera for this, the waterpark and then our cruise!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #833
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
your 45 day mark or your 44th..... then just call and notify them of the situation... Im sure they will be fine with it. I even know CM's wave the fee for changes if after the 45day mark
I agree with mommyof3. I really do believe that there is a solution to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post

Less than 3 months for me (my ticker still hasn't changed from yesterday...)!
WooHoo!!

Quote:

I'm glad you found it. Lets see, what can you obsess over now............Your packing list!!

Quote:

I run everything by my DH. But once we are on our way .......He becomes a Disney nut just like me.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #834
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
School thing - DD4 starts junior kindergarten this year and DS6 will be starting grade 2! The cut off here is Dec. 31 and they start school at 4 so DS was actually 3 for the first 6 weeks of his JK year. They start on Sept. 4 which is kind of crappy since they only finished on June 29th. Where has the summer gone to? I can't believe we're almost in September!:
Wow!! that is really young they must have differant curriculum. there is no way either of my kids would have been ready for JK at that age.

Quote:

Oh good. I laughed a little at your first post. Not because you were having an issue but because I have "issues". This would not happen at my house. I have a little type A personality. Which results in lots of color coding, fileing, labeling and many bins. One of the things I get every year for christmas is a new label maker because I usually ware mine out.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #835
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No problem! Definitely glad to be here so I have a place to throw out ideas and whatnot with people who understand and appreciate it.

I'm confused about the show replacing MM&Y. I don't recall ever seeing MM&Y. I thought the only show at the castle at night was Wishes...
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #836
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Wow!! that is really young they must have differant curriculum. there is no way either of my kids would have been ready for JK at that age.
Honestly he wasn't really ready for it either at that age but I NEEDED him to go. My DD had just turned 1 but she was born with such severe medical issues that I had to quit work to take her to all her doctor's appointments and therapy appointments and I needed him to be out of the house for at least a little bit each week. He went alternate days so 2 or 3 days per week depending on the week. Sounds selfish now but at the time everyone agreed it was for the best. Now that DD is 4 (turned 4 on Aug. 7) she'll be starting JK this Sept and even though she doesn't talk yet (she signs) she's more ready then her brother ever was. Its one of those really tough parenting things isn't it.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #837
CristinaML
Mouseketeer

Let's talk homemade T-Shirts!

I know someone of you make t-shirts for your trip. I've caught this bug big time! Forgive me for saying this - as if its possible - I don't want to look like a crazy person on my trip by wearing all these personalized shirts. The trip consists of me, my mom and young son. So far he has 4 t-shirts and I've made two each of she and I. I've now got 2 more designs for each of us I want to use. Eveyone will know us by name by the end of our trip. I'm not even sure my Mom will willingly wear all these t-shirts generally speaking she's not a t-shirt sort of gal.

What is your opinion, do you just make shirts for your kids, do you see many adults wearing personalized shirts?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #838
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaML View Post

I know someone of you make t-shirts for your trip. I've caught this bug big time! Forgive me for saying this - as if its possible - I don't want to look like a crazy person on my trip by wearing all these personalized shirts. The trip consists of me, my mom and young son. So far he has 4 t-shirts and I've made two each of she and I. I've now got 2 more designs for each of us I want to use. Eveyone will know us by name by the end of our trip. I'm not even sure my Mom will willingly wear all these t-shirts generally speaking she's not a t-shirt sort of gal.

What is your opinion, do you just make shirts for your kids, do you see many adults wearing personalized shirts?
I think you will see alot of adults in homemade t-shirts as well. Go for it. It just adds to the magic!!
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #839
ain0004
Mouseketeer

We are going Nov 14-21st @ OKW! First time there. taking the kiddos out of school. Also attending the Xmas party on the 15th can't wait/
ain0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #840
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaML View Post

When we went in 2010 it was the year of celebrations, so there was a focus on anniversaries, weddings, family reunions, birthdays, etc. We saw a lot of families that were there with personalized shirts centered around their event. It wasn't uncommon to see a pack of 20 or so people with the same shirt on for a family reunion. I seem to recall a huge wedding party that was there and each person had a shirt with their name and title on it.

Have fun with it and don't worry about what others may think. I think it'll likely be a positive conversation starter more than anything else.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: