Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #391
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post
Question to everyone...for those of us not driving, will you be using ME, if not what is your other mode of transportation to the resorts? Trying to decide if we should rent a limo or such? Hired an Escalade last time from MCO to WL and it was sooo nice to be able to find your driver, get the luggage and go!. Then took ME back afterwards. Looking for a good company to deal with.
why wouldnt you just take the ME its free! Well Free is me! LOL actually we liked it! We didnt handle our luggage they did it so we didnt have that to deal with

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #392
mamamini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27

why wouldnt you just take the ME its free! Well Free is me! LOL actually we liked it! We didnt handle our luggage they did it so we didnt have that to deal with
The only time we used it we had to wait on the bus 90 minutes for another flight to land, and it was already around 10:30pm. My husband said never again taking ME to the resort. I'm sure this was an exception but it sure left a bad taste. Also, taking a service we can now stop for a grocery stop! Don't get me wrong, I would love to take ME, but after flying for 8 hours, I just want to get there!!
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #393
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Still not sure if I am going to call for BOG ressies. The menu doesn't really grab me. The good thing is we would be staying at MK and not going to the GF for dinner. Only a few more hours to decide.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #394
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
Still not sure if I am going to call for BOG ressies. The menu doesn't really grab me. The good thing is we would be staying at MK and not going to the GF for dinner. Only a few more hours to decide.
This is me as well. Was trying to justify eating there for the newness/beauty, but my family just isn't interested. I suggested going for just dessert, but even that menu isn't grabbing us.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #395
DisneyGmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Question to everyone...for those of us not driving, will you be using ME, if not what is your other mode of transportation to the resorts? Trying to decide if we should rent a limo or such? Hired an Escalade last time from MCO to WL and it was sooo nice to be able to find your driver, get the luggage and go!. Then took ME back afterwards. Looking for a good company to deal with.
I use ME when we don't drive to Disney and it has worked out well for our family. Haven't seen where anyone has had problems so far this year. I haven't notified ME for this trip as i may change airports if SE has better prices from another airport close to me.

DisneyGmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #396
mommyof3princess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
y for one of my 2 days and then if we decide to keep it, we will have it but if we decide to see F! or go to DTD we can cancel before we leave

Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #397
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

went to my joanns..nothing..havin such a hard time finding ribbons and trim
Old 08-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #398
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! 90 days today for us!

Also, for those looking at BOG reservations keep in mind that lunch service is actually QS, so no reservation needed for just lunch! For those having a hard time getting the family interested in the menu I suggest looking at the Croque Monsieur sandwich, which is a grilled or fried (depending on how it's prepared) ham and cheese sandwich. Lots of calories I'm sure but very yummy. The bechamel sauce is just a French cream sauce. Again, high in calories but yummy.

Good luck to those calling in!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #399
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

http://www.etsy.com/listing/10643159...ess-up-costume

I just ordered these for my youngest her birthday is in 4 weeks and we need some dress up cloths that dont have holes
Old 08-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #400
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
Did you try Micheals? And I hear Walmart has a good selection.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #401
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This is our first time, so I have no experience with the ME, but I know my husband and he does NOT run on other peoples time! When we get to the airport he is going to be ready to leave. RIGHT AWAY. Haha.

I also heard that ME gets you to the airport way too early for your departure flight. H and I fly often for work, and for a domestic flight we never get to the airport more than 1.5 hrs before hand, and I hear people getting there 3 hours early. No thanks!

So, we're using Happy Limo. I was quoted at $220 (plus tip) for round trip service and 1 grocery stop in a stretch 8 passenger limo. Our girls are going to FREAK out -- they've never been in a limo! And, I like the extra pampering
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining and Beach Club
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #402
KatienJenny
Earning My Ears

99 Days for us.

November can't come soon enough.

:
KatienJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #403
mommyof3princess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
Walmart??? Thats where I get all mine! They have disney ones too. Now I have 2 super walmarts and a reg all with in 15 min (different directions of me) and the one super walmart has more craft stuff then the other.....

Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #404
mommyof3princess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post

http://www.etsy.com/listing/10643159...ess-up-costume

I just ordered these for my youngest her birthday is in 4 weeks and we need some dress up cloths that dont have holes
VERY cute!!!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #405
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini
We used ME on our last trip and loved it. I really enjoyed not having to drive at all on the trip. That's part of why I love Disney and Las Vegas as destinations.

That being said you have to set expectations for the ME and Disney transportation experience. The travel time will be a little longer after you arrive but not having to carry a family's worth of luggage, car seats, strollers, etc is worth it to me. Same for the return trip. Bell service picked up our bags at our room and we checked them at the resort, then got on the bus headed for MCO. We were there early, but knowing that even if security was busy we wouldn't be running to the gate was relaxing. We also had time to enjoy a final meal at a relaxing pace.

The same goes with the onsite transportation. The buses aren't as fast, but are typically convenient ways to get around. We are expecting to not use them as much this year since we will have our own car, but may use them if we just don't feel like driving or aren't in a rush. We know we will be there at a peak time so the buses will be crowded and it may take more than one bus to arrive before we can get on. As long as we prepare ourselves and get in line early enough we should still make it to our destinations reasonably. On the flip side if we are slow to get ready and try to get to an ADR in 30 minutes we will be anxious and feel rushed and where is the fun of that on vacation?
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: