Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #3196
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

So excited for all our friends already at WDW and those on the way this morning as we speak!! We are at 11 days and counting....still much to do. I get 1 more payday before we leave and that has to go to pay off rest of our Universal part of trip and extra spend $$$- we all need that right?? lol!! Tomorrow is the day I can finally do the online check in- have never done this before but does it really save time?? How does it work?? Ive read that everything is ready when you get there cards included- do they still have to swipe you credit card or do you get to bypass that part if you have already provided them your CC information??? Was just wondering. Thanks all. Have a great day!!
So in theory, yes, online checkin does save time. We've done it four times, it was super speedy twice, not so much the other two. Yes, your room cards are ready (although the room may not be just yet). There is usually only one (once I saw 2) checkin desks for online. Problem is, if someone in front of you takes a long time (for example, didn't get their room request and demands to be changed), it takes many minutes to do so. You are single threaded to that line and have to wait while regular checkins fly through their queue. So it's hit or miss. If you DO really care about your room request, I highly suggest you DON'T do online checkin, as its not made to handle room do overs. It really frustrates the CMs. Hope that helps!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #3197
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

So i decided to start packing today... we are only 16 days out! I pulled all of our suitcases out and realized we only have 3 suitcases. I have a laundry basket full of crap I am taking for Disney... glow sticks, ponchos, toys that kind of stuff. I was thinking about putting it in a cardboard box and checking it. Can I do that? It is a small box. We are flying southwest. Any experience with this?
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #3198
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
So i decided to start packing today... we are only 16 days out! I pulled all of our suitcases out and realized we only have 3 suitcases. I have a laundry basket full of crap I am taking for Disney... glow sticks, ponchos, toys that kind of stuff. I was thinking about putting it in a cardboard box and checking it. Can I do that? It is a small box. We are flying southwest. Any experience with this?
You can also ship things to a Disney Resort via UPS/Fedex 7-10 days beforehand. I think if you try to check the box they will treat it as cargo and charge accordingly, but you could call Southwest and ask. I would ship it ground on Monday via UPS and then you have a tracking number (yay, something else to obsess about!) and will know for sure that it arrived. Call the resort for the address and to give them a heads up that something is coming.

You may also want to just buy another suitcase, especially if you are already tight on space and plan to bring back souvenirs. My wife and I will typically pack an empty duffle bag type suitcase to bring things back with.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #3199
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

So I called Southwest and you can check a box. If the security opens it they will tape it back up.

Also!!! While I was on hold I was looking around the southwest site and our ticket price dropped! So buy changing them all to the new rate it refunded me 14,000 points! That is another flight I can take!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #3200
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

So we made it here. Tonight we are eating dinner at Jiko. It is delicious. The weather is so nice. 80 during the day and cool at night though. I was rather chilly at food and wine last night. If you get cold easily, I would recommend a sweatshirt or light jacket. Off to Magic Kingdom tonight. Hope I can stay awake.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #3201
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

It has been since 2005 that we have been in WDW during the holidays. I don't want to miss a thing!!! We have a MVMCP planned, Candlelight Processional, know about gingerbread displays, but i have a question for those of you have been in more recent years. Is there anything at parks or resorts that you would recommend as DO NOT MISS??? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #3202
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse
It has been since 2005 that we have been in WDW during the holidays. I don't want to miss a thing!!! We have a MVMCP planned, Candlelight Processional, know about gingerbread displays, but i have a question for those of you have been in more recent years. Is there anything at parks or resorts that you would recommend as DO NOT MISS??? Thanks in advance

The Osborne Lights at DHS ROCK! They are up to something like 5 million lights now, and they dance to music. They start at dusk and continue to closing. My kids love this!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #3203
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Good Morning everyone!!

Just completed our online check in and we are officially at 10 days, yay!! Almost there, its hard to believe that in just a short time we will be at WDW enjoying all the new things including the new FL!! This truly will be a special trip for us celebrating my daughter's college graduation and hopeful acceptance to grad school, as well as my other daughters 16th birthday. And...our 25th wedding anniversary is next year!! We are all SOOOOOO EXCCCITTTEDDD!!!
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #3204
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

I'm just checking in with you all. This is our 3rd day here and everything so far has been awesome. The new resort AoA is just beautiful. We've had dinner at Teppan EDo and bkfst at CP and it was really good. Plus the weather is great. Gotta go now. Off to DHS today.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #3205
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
I'm just checking in with you all. This is our 3rd day here and everything so far has been awesome. The new resort AoA is just beautiful. We've had dinner at Teppan EDo and bkfst at CP and it was really good. Plus the weather is great. Gotta go now. Off to DHS today.
Awesome!! Hoping the weather is great for us too!! have a great time!!
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #3206
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Good morning ya'll.

Its amazing to me that we are telling some to have a great time in Disney. Can't believe its here. 19 days for us. I'm another one that is starting to think about packing.

Does anyone else take a pharmacy with them? I take meds for every possible thing. Got really sick a few years ago and didn't have any meds. There wasn't much to chose from at the WL gift shop. And what was there was expensive. So now I pack meds for EVERYTHING!!
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #3207
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post

Does anyone else take a pharmacy with them? I take meds for every possible thing. Got really sick a few years ago and didn't have any meds. There wasn't much to chose from at the WL gift shop. And what was there was expensive. So now I pack meds for EVERYTHING!!
We are taking small pill boxes for Betsy's stuff, instead of risking the entire bottle of prescription stuff, plus a bag of Hall cough drops, small bottle of aspirin, etc
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/14 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3208
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug
Good morning ya'll.

Its amazing to me that we are telling some to have a great time in Disney. Can't believe its here. 19 days for us. I'm another one that is starting to think about packing.

Pharmacy here! I have migraines & feet damage so lots of pain meds. We pack tummy, cold, headache & kids' meds, band aids, polysporin, cortisone, solarcain, Immodium, you name it! And, what seems like a whole vitamin aisle lol. We have had trips where one of us gets a stomach bug, boo-boos, heat rash, or a cold. It is difficult to find what you need at resort stores, and if you do, it's outrageously priced! We do not always need certain things, but I am one of those "better safe than sorry" folks.

Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #3209
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

11 Days to go! Packing for the grown ups starts now!! Anyone else packing today?!! If so, enjoy!! We'll be there soon!
mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #3210
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
11 Days to go! Packing for the grown ups starts now!! Anyone else packing today?!! If so, enjoy!! We'll be there soon!
We are sorting stuff, but not packing yet. We have to wait until Tuesday and dropping the dog off at the kennel before we start packing. He gets nervous around too much activity, so after he is dropped off, we can start.

He is a rescue, and very protective of us and hesitant of change, which is why we kennel him instead of getting a dog sitter, since he is less threatened outside of his home environment.
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/14 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: