Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #3166
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer
 
Minnie Mommy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982
ok we leave late tomorrow night i have hit freak out mode and need some calming down dh and i have already been in 2 fights and i have had a break down
Anything we can do to help? Just think of how nice the weather will be, the parks are decorated, the food is fabulous, and any trip to WDW is magical.

I have taught myself to think of these things during my freak outs lol. Sometimes I wonder why my fellas put up with me

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Minnie Mommy Mouse (40) Donald Daddy Duck (40)
Chip 'N Dale Josh (12) Mickey Aidan Mouse(10)
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #3167
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer
 
princesshope1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
Thank you!

We're going on the first night, 11/9, and I am really looking forward to seeing what cookies they give out this year
me too me too
__________________
princesshope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #3168
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer
 
princesshope1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse View Post
Anything we can do to help? Just think of how nice the weather will be, the parks are decorated, the food is fabulous, and any trip to WDW is magical.

I have taught myself to think of these things during my freak outs lol. Sometimes I wonder why my fellas put up with me

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
unless u guys can pack and clean my house well im at work lol
__________________
princesshope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #3169
Cumbley
Mouseketeer
 
Cumbley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Staffs, UK
Posts: 132

Hi all, don't know if you've seen but the cost of pre-ordering photopass+ has gone down - another thread is showing people successfully getting $20 refunds - every little helps!
__________________
Me, DH, and DD (10) DD (6)

Cumbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #3170
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer
 
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 1,019 miles from Disney World
Posts: 354

Photopass + Refund

In case you didn't see, the PhotoPass+ is now $20.97 CHEAPER!

I called the number (407-560-4300) and got my refund Oh, and I ordered it in June so I dont think there's a time limit!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015498
__________________
Me, H & Our 3 Princesses (ages 8, 5, 2)
April 2001, ASMu
November 2012 {Jersey Week}, AoA-Nemo
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #3171
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer
 
Minnie Mommy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Posts: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982

unless u guys can pack and clean my house well im at work lol
lol, well, hopefully packing goes smoothly! I like a clean house to come home too, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I hope you enjoy your trip. I am on Cloud 9 over this trip. I have dreamed about going back when WDW is all decked in its Christmas finest since 2005

Blessings,
Julie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Minnie Mommy Mouse (40) Donald Daddy Duck (40)
Chip 'N Dale Josh (12) Mickey Aidan Mouse(10)
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #3172
reddog75418
Earning My Ears
 
reddog75418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northeast Texas
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
We found the spinners at our local Walgreens today. At first they looked kind of cheap, but they were neat when we turned them on and we had to get them. $4.99 each and we know the girls will love them.

Hope that everyone up north is safe during the storm.
Which Walgreens did you find them at? I've been looking and can't find them.
__________________



Me33,DH42,DD12,D S3
reddog75418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #3173
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog75418 View Post
Which Walgreens did you find them at? I've been looking and can't find them.
I went to an NC Walgreens and they didn't carry them Hope you have better luck!
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #3174
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer
 
disney mom of 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Wishing all of those leaving soon a wonderful and magical trip!

We are planning on MVMCP on the 29th, but I have held off on buying because dh would like to wait and see about the weather.

Today when I was stalking for that one last ADR I would like to get, I no longer had to press the button from Oct to Nov. For me, it just made the trip all the much closer for some reason. In a few days, I will order dd's birthday cake and that will be one more item to check off my list.
I did the same thing. So exciting!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
I hope everyone had a great Halloween.... Here is a pic of P enjoying his first trick or treating!


19 days!!!!!
So cute!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
This time tomorrow we will be on our way to the airport. thanks everyone for helping to pass the time and hope everyone leaving this month has a fantastic time!
Have fun!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
In between the girls' Halloween parades yesterday I squeezed in a pedicure!


My H is making me keep them under wraps until we leave.. he said if my toes ruin the surprise after 8 months I'm in BIG trouble! Haha.
Very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
4 DAYS! 4 DAYS! I cannot quite believe that dh and I are going to get to go to WDW ALONE for 3 nights!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
As posted in another thread, maps for MVMCP have been posted online

Map Released for 2012 Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party
Thank you for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
ok we leave late tomorrow night i have hit freak out mode and need some calming down dh and i have already been in 2 fights and i have had a break down
Stay calm. Take deep breaths. You get to go to Disney tomorrow!!!!!! Have a great time!
__________________
Me DH DS DS DD DD DD DS

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #3175
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel4569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog75418 View Post
Which Walgreens did you find them at? I've been looking and can't find them.
I got mine in Frisco. They were on the top of a shelf in an aisle without Christmas stuff in it. I'm assuming it was stock placed to be staged following Halloween.
__________________
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #3176
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel4569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 902

Happy November to all of my November friends here!

This is it! This is the month we all get to go and have a blast at The World!

Tomorrow, Friday, will mark 2 weeks until we head out of Texas to Florida. I can hardly wait. I've been busy this week with work so I haven't had chances to be online much but I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to have survived Sandy OK. I've been watching the news on it and it's devastating how much damage has occurred. The good news, though, is that the people of the northeast and specifically New York and New Jersey, are a very tough and resilient people. They'll hardly skip a beat with this and get things rebuilt and back to normal soon.

Prior to my trip to Las Vegas I was passing some time on Google Maps. They have a feature now where you can "drive" your route on the screen, which is pretty neat. You set the source and destination and click on 3D and it will follow the route the whole way. Kinda cool for me since I hadn't been on this trip before. Silly geek thing of me, but cool nonetheless.

In other good news my ankle has held up quite nicely here in Las Vegas. Lots of walking and lots of stairs and little to no discomfort. That makes me hopeful that Disney will be the same in a couple of weeks.

Congrats to those who have already started their trip and to those who haven't I hope the weekend goes well for you!
__________________
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #3177
peachygreen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,308

I can't believe that in 2 weeks I'll be in Orlando!

I still have a lot to do. I think I'm down to 2 dresses and 2 skirts to make. I still need to finish my touring plans for HS and the MK.
__________________
Family - Me Kristie-37, DH James-37, DD1 Megan-7, DD2 Alice-3

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #3178
ollynholly
Mouseketeer
 
ollynholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 80

One week!! We leave in ONE WEEK!
Roll Call:
Husband
Wife
Mother (birthday)
Brother (first visit)
Sister (first visit)
Future BIL
Nephew (first visit)

__________________
DH DW DD
WDW: Nov 2010-POP * Nov 2012-POP * May 2014-CBR * Oct 2014-ASmo *
DCL: Oct 2011-Eastern Caribbean * Sept 2012-Canada/New England Coast
ollynholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #3179
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,074

I was getting caught up on my emails this morning and came across this on AllEars:

New Fantasyland will officially open December 6, with a soft opening November 19 during which all Magic Kingdom guests will have an opportunity to experience the area.

So it's official, many of us will get to take part in the new Fantasyland!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
In between the girls' Halloween parades yesterday I squeezed in a pedicure!



My H is making me keep them under wraps until we leave.. he said if my toes ruin the surprise after 8 months I'm in BIG trouble! Haha.
Stinkin cute!! Yes, keep them under wraps for a few more days. Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Good Morning All!! Just 13 days and counting for us and just 3 from being able to do the online check-in. Once we do that, how does it work. Do we still have to go to actual check in counter or how does it work?? Thanks for the info. Getting very exciting around here
Yes, BroncoBilly was correct. There will be a separate line, clearly marked, for those who did online check-in. At deluxe resorts, they actually meet the ME bus and escort you into the building! Talk about feeling special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
ok we leave late tomorrow night i have hit freak out mode and need some calming down dh and i have already been in 2 fights and i have had a break down
Okay, deep breath...let it out slowly. Repeat as needed. Here's the thing. What doesn't get done for your house cleaning will be right there waiting for you when you get back. Packing is a must, but you'll be able to do that with no problem. Don't stress over the housework not getting completed!!! And concentrate on the fun you're going to have VERY SOON!! Make it magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Happy November to all of my November friends here!

This is it! This is the month we all get to go and have a blast at The World!

Tomorrow, Friday, will mark 2 weeks until we head out of Texas to Florida. I can hardly wait. I've been busy this week with work so I haven't had chances to be online much but I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to have survived Sandy OK. I've been watching the news on it and it's devastating how much damage has occurred. The good news, though, is that the people of the northeast and specifically New York and New Jersey, are a very tough and resilient people. They'll hardly skip a beat with this and get things rebuilt and back to normal soon.

Prior to my trip to Las Vegas I was passing some time on Google Maps. They have a feature now where you can "drive" your route on the screen, which is pretty neat. You set the source and destination and click on 3D and it will follow the route the whole way. Kinda cool for me since I hadn't been on this trip before. Silly geek thing of me, but cool nonetheless.

In other good news my ankle has held up quite nicely here in Las Vegas. Lots of walking and lots of stairs and little to no discomfort. That makes me hopeful that Disney will be the same in a couple of weeks.

Congrats to those who have already started their trip and to those who haven't I hope the weekend goes well for you!
Hey there! Good to hear from you again. Your trip to Vegas is probably a good indicator of how your ankle will hold up at Disney, so, that it's going so well.

I'll have to tell hubby about the new feature for Google Maps. He's into that kind of thing and loves Google Maps. I guess he's a Geek too, in the most wonderful way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
I can't believe that in 2 weeks I'll be in Orlando!

I still have a lot to do. I think I'm down to 2 dresses and 2 skirts to make. I still need to finish my touring plans for HS and the MK.
I'm sure you'll get everything done. Especially when you stay up as late as your post time! Girl, you need to get some sleep! I hope you'll post pictures when you get your things done. We love seeing stuff your beautiful handiwork!
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #3180
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer
 
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 1,019 miles from Disney World
Posts: 354

Post-Halloween Sale!

I was in Target last night and got 4 Disney Princess costumes (2 Cinderella, 1 Belle & 1 Snow White) for $10 each. They had a few others for $15 (Rapunzel's Wedding Dress and a fancy Merida).

They aren't Disney Store quality, but that works for me -- my girls think the Disney Store ones are heavy and hot. These will work much better for throwing over their clothes. And if they get ripped I won't mind, it was only $10!
__________________
Me, H & Our 3 Princesses (ages 8, 5, 2)
April 2001, ASMu
November 2012 {Jersey Week}, AoA-Nemo
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: