Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #3076
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

OMG!!! Door leaking rain coming in its gonna be a bad few days!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #3077
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Lots of rain here in MD. Stay safe everyone in Sandy's path. Don't really know if we will be leaving in four days now. Will have to see how Sandy goes.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #3078
TQH1022
Earning My Ears

Staying dry and dreaming of Disney!

So far we've got lots of rain, but not the crazy sheets of water that came with Irene. Apparently the worst is yet to come.....but we're doing okay so far. Hope everyone dealing with Sandy stays safe and dry!!

Now that I have the ADRs in place (mostly - there will be tweaking, I'm sure).... I started checking Disney dining prices. ouch!!!

We have the DDP (family of 3, 2 adults and one 6year old fairly adventurous eater) and we're considering upgrading to the DxDP.

We actually aren't big foodies (no Victoria & Albert's for us!) but there are a few places we really want to go. Keeping our crew happy definitely involves regular food consumption, and with a week of WDW park hopping....

We have CRT and the HoopDeDoo revue already booked, CM, Crystal Palace, Akershus, 'Ohana....plus some other TS meals booked with ADRs - seems the cost of the extra TS meals would cover the difference to upgrade, given the hike in Disney restaurant prices.

Advice and suggestions welcome.... !

DLR June 2011 with our rincess:

WDW - First time! - November 2012
TQH1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #3079
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Thinking of all of you in Sandy's path! Prayers being said for safety.

Last night we finished up our Mickey head ornaments (styrofoam is messy!) and I am in the process of ordering some custom family shirts for MVMCP. I still have not purchased that poncho I need. I have started the kids on probiotics and extra Vit D to try and strengthen their immune systems a bit. The week before our trip I will ramp up the Vit C. I am really happy with our ADRs, but am stalking for an am Akershus or pm Ohana for our last day.

Stay safe and dry everyone!
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #3080
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Sending lots of and pixidust to all those in Sandy's path. May this all blow over quickly (and literally!). Take care, y'all.

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #3081
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Thinking of all of you in Sandy's path at this time. Wind is out if control. Keep checking all the trees around he house. Can't even think of vacation. Wishing you all a safe next couple days xo

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #3082
CristinaML
Mouseketeer

To put it mildly - oh my its windy!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #3083
nmills
Mouseketeer

Just lost power here in south jersey, lots of rain and wind all day. Hoping it comes back on soon. We have never lost power in the 4 years we have lived here. So my 2 year old is having a good time making shadow puppets on the wall, while my 1 year old will not give back the flashlight and batteries are dying! The one thing I forgot to purchase Saturday. Thankfully we have candles and high places to put them. Hopefully my kids will eat sandwiches for a few days. We may try and head to my inlaws tomorrow if it is safe enough. Stay safe everyone!
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #3084
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Thinking about everyone who is being effected by Sandy. It has been raining here in Ohio for two days and the winds have been terrible. I can't imagine what you folks on the east coast are experiencing! My DD lost power around 6:30 tonight. Our other DD, who lives about 8 minutes away still has power. She's the one with the new baby, so I hope they keep their power!! I'm praying for safety for everyone. And, no, we don't want the storm to bypass us and hit our friends in Canada!!! Better just to blow out to sea and die down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQH1022 View Post
So far we've got lots of rain, but not the crazy sheets of water that came with Irene. Apparently the worst is yet to come.....but we're doing okay so far. Hope everyone dealing with Sandy stays safe and dry!!

Now that I have the ADRs in place (mostly - there will be tweaking, I'm sure).... I started checking Disney dining prices. ouch!!!

We have the DDP (family of 3, 2 adults and one 6year old fairly adventurous eater) and we're considering upgrading to the DxDP.

We actually aren't big foodies (no Victoria & Albert's for us!) but there are a few places we really want to go. Keeping our crew happy definitely involves regular food consumption, and with a week of WDW park hopping....

We have CRT and the HoopDeDoo revue already booked, CM, Crystal Palace, Akershus, 'Ohana....plus some other TS meals booked with ADRs - seems the cost of the extra TS meals would cover the difference to upgrade, given the hike in Disney restaurant prices.

Advice and suggestions welcome.... !
Since you've already got quite a few things booked, I say go for the deluxe! DH and I could never eat that much food in a day, but lots of folks love it and it is a great way to experience the signature places. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
Just lost power here in south jersey, lots of rain and wind all day. Hoping it comes back on soon. We have never lost power in the 4 years we have lived here. So my 2 year old is having a good time making shadow puppets on the wall, while my 1 year old will not give back the flashlight and batteries are dying! The one thing I forgot to purchase Saturday. Thankfully we have candles and high places to put them. Hopefully my kids will eat sandwiches for a few days. We may try and head to my inlaws tomorrow if it is safe enough. Stay safe everyone!
Our niece's husband works for the power company and he has been sent to New Jersey to help out. He goes wherever there are storms and usually works around the clock and can be gone for as long as a month. I think he coordinates the workers, but not sure. Hope you get your power back soon!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #3085
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

My heart goes out to all who are being affected right now. We are on the west coast and watching the news and updates roll in and keep praying for safety for everyone. Hope you stay safe, dry, and damage free! And here's some pixie dust for all your travel plans too!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #3086
pmama
DIS Veteran

Started my TR a couple weeks early. Vow to have it completed by the new year. Don't have the time I used to but love writing TRs! Plan to complete during Christmas break.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3013838
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #3087
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

How did everyone make out with Sandy? We are in Braddock Heights, MD, and basically we got wind, rain, some stuff knocked over, but we still have power and I do not think we lost it at any time throughout the night. Right now we are watching reports of the area, and my thoughts go out to everyone who got hit worse than us.

I am hoping the airlines are back to normal by next week when we fly out (Weds the 7th). They should be, I think, since the rule of thumb is for every day there is a problem, it takes 36 hours to correct, so 2 days of problems (Mon-Tues) should even out by this weekend; but I hope everyone who had flights out of the area to WDW this week is doing all right.
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #3088
mommyof3princess27

Checking in!!! Lost a fence but thats an easy repair. And fix leaky weatherstripping BUT we are safe and have electric!!!! Thank god! We are blessed. Thanks for all the prayers ! Now back to disney planning!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
Old 10-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #3089
mommyof3princess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83
How did everyone make out with Sandy? We are in Braddock Heights, MD, and basically we got wind, rain, some stuff knocked over, but we still have power and I do not think we lost it at any time throughout the night. Right now we are watching reports of the area, and my thoughts go out to everyone who got hit worse than us.

I am hoping the airlines are back to normal by next week when we fly out (Weds the 7th). They should be, I think, since the rule of thumb is for every day there is a problem, it takes 36 hours to correct, so 2 days of problems (Mon-Tues) should even out by this weekend; but I hope everyone who had flights out of the area to WDW this week is doing all right.
Glad ur ok. I eard for every 10 hours the airport is closed it takes 36 hours to correct so. Its been almost 24 hours since closed so i expect it to be better by monday. U should be fine!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #3090
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Glad ur ok. I eard for every 10 hours the airport is closed it takes 36 hours to correct so. Its been almost 24 hours since closed so i expect it to be better by monday. U should be fine!!!

We fly out of Philly at 6:50am on Monday morning... I sure hope everything it back to normal by then...

I wish we had refundable tickets, we would cancel our flight and just drive -- the 17-ish hours are worth it, if I know I will get there on time.

Now we wait....

We were lucky that aside from a little water in our basement (it's unfinished) nothing really happened to our house, and we never lost power... I can't say the same for the folks who live down the shore!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining and Beach Club
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: