Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #2821
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
32 days! It is really starting to come up quick... We spent all day working on our Disney shirts, I made a super cute one with a tie and suspenders with mickey ribbon, if I could figure out how to post pictures I would. Then I have 6 shirts with mickey heads and our names, I have the heads all done and just have to put the names on. I got a lot more accomplished then I thought I could and am quite proud of myself. My mom is making my DD a Minnie inspired dress and just has to put it together after we cut all the fabric cut out. Once that is done I can breath a little bit. I felt like it would never get done once I sat down and saw everything in front of me. I almost wish we had just bought shirts, but we saved a ton by making them and it will be special since I did them. I hope everyone feels better soon, my DH and I have been suffering from severe back pain so hopefully that gets under control before our trip. Have a great weekend everyone !
I just finished our shirts. It's the 1st time I ever made them and they took 2 months! I'm glad I did them, but I never knew they'd take so long! I made them AoA shirts since that's where we're staying.

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #2822
CristinaML
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
I just finished our shirts. It's the 1st time I ever made them and they took 2 months! I'm glad I did them, but I never knew they'd take so long! I made them AoA shirts since that's where we're staying.
Pictures please!
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #2823
CristinaML
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Tell your Mom to take it very slowly for a while and then she can increase her speed as she feels more confident with it. One thing for everyone new to these chairs is this: They CANNOT STOP on a dime! You will have people walk right in front of you and then they just stop dead. Will you hit them? Yes, sometimes, and then you get a dirty look from them. Carefully explain to them that THEY just cut you off and the chairs can't stop that quick. But, if you go slowly you're less likely to leave casualties in your trail. <----- This is what they look like if you run them over. But, seriously, they are big, heavy motorized vehicles and they can hurt people so beginners just need to go slow.
Your Mom may look healthy, but tell her not to let it bother her. I look perfectly normal; you can't tell that I have a muscle disease and you can't tell that many people have heart conditions. If people are rude to your Mom just tell them to be glad that they don't need one. Good health isn't guaranteed to anyone. I used to be 'healthy' and strong and slowly this disease crept up on me and left me fighting everyday just to try and lead a normal life. Tell your Mom to enjoy her trip and not worry about what someone else is thinking about her. Have a good time!!!
Great advose thank you!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #2824
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Down to 28 days here! Can't believe we're under a month already!! Before we all know it we'll be down to single digits!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #2825
LyndenP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6
In exactly two weeks we will be in Disney in Epcot walking around Food and Wine (hopefully with a good drink) after eating dinner at San Angel Inn! Can't believe I can do online check in on Tuesday. Time is going so fast.
Haha that's exactly what my wife and I are doing the day we get there. We can't wait!

LyndenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #2826
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

4 weeks from now we'll be t MVMCP! I can't wait

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #2827
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

25 days and counting for us!! Getting so excited but it just seems like the days are going by so slow now wonder why that is?? Perhaps because like I think about it ALL the time, lol!!! We have so many great things planned and some surprises for the girls- that makes me the most excited. Well hope you all have a magical disney day!!
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #2828
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

ahhh 2 weeks from today we will be on our way to disney!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #2829
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

After telling everyone to stay healthy and accident free, I came down with bronchitis! My doctor is calling in a rx for me for a Z-pac, which usually does the trick. Meanwhile, I'm miserable and my voice is gone. On the bright side, I got my Big Give items shipped yesterday before I started feeling lousy and I should be good to go for our trip. Hope everyone else is staying healthy and those who are healing, are doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
35 days out and got Disney mail today!!!!!
Yay for Mickey Mail!! Where have you been, Smileybug?? We miss your cheerleading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
32 days! It is really starting to come up quick... We spent all day working on our Disney shirts, I made a super cute one with a tie and suspenders with mickey ribbon, if I could figure out how to post pictures I would. Then I have 6 shirts with mickey heads and our names, I have the heads all done and just have to put the names on. I got a lot more accomplished then I thought I could and am quite proud of myself. My mom is making my DD a Minnie inspired dress and just has to put it together after we cut all the fabric cut out. Once that is done I can breath a little bit. I felt like it would never get done once I sat down and saw everything in front of me. I almost wish we had just bought shirts, but we saved a ton by making them and it will be special since I did them. I hope everyone feels better soon, my DH and I have been suffering from severe back pain so hopefully that gets under control before our trip. Have a great weekend everyone !
If you load your pictures into Photobucket, you can click on each photo, resize it to a bit smaller, then it will give you four options such as http or IMG. Choose IMG by just clicking on it. It should flash yellow and say copy. Then come onto this thead and do a paste and you'll have it. I'd love to see your work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
25 days and counting for us!! Getting so excited but it just seems like the days are going by so slow now wonder why that is?? Perhaps because like I think about it ALL the time, lol!!! We have so many great things planned and some surprises for the girls- that makes me the most excited. Well hope you all have a magical disney day!!
Plus you have the added bonus of being with your daughter again! I remember how hard it was to wait for a chance to be with our college age kids. The time seems to be going quickly in one way, yet slowly when I still have 39 days and most everyone else is so much closer. But I have Thanksgiving to be excited about since all but one of our kids are coming home for that. Then we leave the next week!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #2830
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
After telling everyone to stay healthy and accident free, I came down with bronchitis! My doctor is calling in a rx for me for a Z-pac, which usually does the trick. Meanwhile, I'm miserable and my voice is gone. On the bright side, I got my Big Give items shipped yesterday before I started feeling lousy and I should be good to go for our trip. Hope everyone else is staying healthy and those who are healing, are doing well.

:

Sorry to hear that. I have bronchitis also and laryngitis which is no fun. I have felt terrible. The doctor wanted me to wait for a z PAC but I think I better get one before I am sick on vacation. Hope you feel better.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #2831
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

so is anyone here going to the meet up at poly on the 9th??
Old 10-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #2832
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
After telling everyone to stay healthy and accident free, I came down with bronchitis! My doctor is calling in a rx for me for a Z-pac, which usually does the trick. Meanwhile, I'm miserable and my voice is gone. On the bright side, I got my Big Give items shipped yesterday before I started feeling lousy and I should be good to go for our trip. Hope everyone else is staying healthy and those who are healing, are doing well.:
I have you feel better before your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post

Sorry to hear that. I have bronchitis also and laryngitis which is no fun. I have felt terrible. The doctor wanted me to wait for a z PAC but I think I better get one before I am sick on vacation. Hope you feel better.
I hope you feel better too.
It's no fun beig sick on vacation.

We are only 12 days away!!!!!!! I can't believe how close we are and I still have a bunch of stuff to do not to mention packing.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #2833
CristinaML
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
ahhh 2 weeks from today we will be on our way to disney!!!!!!
Us too!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #2834
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

So im sitting here in the er and what am i doing? On the dis! Ill update later but no one is sure whats wrong with me. Hope im ok for disney!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #2835
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
So im sitting here in the er and what am i doing? On the dis! Ill update later but no one is sure whats wrong with me. Hope im ok for disney!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards
here's some magical healing dust. Really hope its nothing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: