Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #2776
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone is recovering from injuries, surgeries, etc. And please, now that we're getting down to the wire, stay healthy!! I just had a mild cold while in Virginia and took Cold-Eze which, I think, made it much milder than it would have been. I know a lot of people use Airborne to ward off the cooties associated with travel.

I just learned how to post pictures, so I thought I'd share a couple of the Jewel costume I made for my 5 year old DGD while I was in Virginia.

It started out by me adding a little sparkle to a hooded sweatshirt.

This is the finished product

It took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I ended up cutting out each individual feather and hand sewing everyone of them on. In fact, the sparkle in the beginning was all hand sewn as well. But she is very happy with it and now tries to fly on a regular basis!
wow that is amazing
Old 10-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #2777
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone is recovering from injuries, surgeries, etc. And please, now that we're getting down to the wire, stay healthy!! I just had a mild cold while in Virginia and took Cold-Eze which, I think, made it much milder than it would have been. I know a lot of people use Airborne to ward off the cooties associated with travel.

I just learned how to post pictures, so I thought I'd share a couple of the Jewel costume I made for my 5 year old DGD while I was in Virginia.

It started out by me adding a little sparkle to a hooded sweatshirt.This is the finished product
It took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I ended up cutting out each individual feather and hand sewing everyone of them on. In fact, the sparkle in the beginning was all hand sewn as well. But she is very happy with it and now tries to fly on a regular basis!

So darn cute!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #2778
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

20 days to go!
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #2779
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Posting from the physical therapist office where they are working on my ankle. Hopefully this doesn't cause too much discomfort with the trip.

Excited to be under 30 days until we leave. The kids are never going to believe us again for anything! I'm working on copying DVDs to my iPads for the drive. My wife and DD2 are gone until Tuesday so it's just me and DD1 getting some good Daddy/daughter time.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #2780
jreeves628
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We are going to be staying at the Polynesian from Nov 9-13th. We are celebrating my twin boys' 4th birthday. Im so excited!!

I never gave much thought to MVMCP until now when I found this thread. DO you think with 4 year olds the cost is worth it? I guess I have to research the party now.
jreeves628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #2781
Eeyores#1Fan
DIS Veteran

Happy Thursday Everyone! I hope any and everyone with health issues is having a better day today. I must say though I've joined the club. Woke up this morning and could not move my left side from my neck to my foot. Just got out the bed and started moving around about 1130am EST. Now I'm sneezing like crazy. UGH! Anyway, wishing everyone a happy and Blessed Thurs. and wonderful Disney planning times.

disneychic2- GREAT Costume!!! My DD5 would LOVE it!
Eeyores#1Fan
a.k.a Timika

Member Since 2002
Visits: 1st Visit!! All Star Sports-July, 1999; Christmas @ Lake Buena Vista-2000; Beach Club Villas-June 2003; Members Homecoming 2004; Members Only Cruise 2005; Old Key West-June 2006; Members Only Cruise 2008; Carribean Beach Resort 2009; My BDay Cruise Aug. 20, 2009; Animal Kingdom Villas-March 2010; 3-day Cruise Sept. 23, 2010; DIS Podcast Cruise 2.0; DD 10th BDay Cruise Feb. 24, 2011; All Star Music-June 2011; F&W Festival Oct. 21st; 3 Day Dream Cruise Dec. 15, 2011; Aulani June 2012; Beach Club Villas- Nov. 2012; 3 Day Dream Dec. 13, 2012; All Star Movies - April 2013; Hilton Head - July 2013; Pop - Oct. 2013 F&W Festival; 4 Day Dream Dec. 22, 2013; Pop Century- Dec 2013; Beach Club Villas- June 2014; 3 Day Dream Aug. 14, 2014; Old Key West- Oct. 2014 F&W Festival; Animal Kingdom Villas- March 2015; 3 Day Dream Oct. 30, 2015
Eeyores#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #2782
zandorian
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any suggestions about ADR's when WDW changes park open times.

I have a couple of ADR's that where before park open times, like CRT at 8:05 The park was supposed to open at 9:00 and now WDW has changed it to 8am.... Do I cancel my ADR knowing I am not likely to get another, or do I not make to Rope drop and adjust my touring plan accordingly ??
zandorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #2783
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandorian View Post

I have a couple of ADR's that where before park open times, like CRT at 8:05 The park was supposed to open at 9:00 and now WDW has changed it to 8am.... Do I cancel my ADR knowing I am not likely to get another, or do I not make to Rope drop and adjust my touring plan accordingly ??
Unfortunately that is up to you, early mornings are valuable, but so were those ADRs! What is the crowd level like the days you are there, and if you had to pick would you rather eat at those restaurants or get one or two more rides in?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #2784
zandorian
Earning My Ears

Kinda figured that would be the response. I guess i'll be keeping most of my ADR's and worry about getting on rides once we are there.
zandorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #2785
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I wonder how many times I will rebook my rental car between now and Nov 15th. I think I have booked it at least 10 times in the past year. LOL. I have it now down to under $315 (including taxes) for a minivan for 10 days over Thanskgiving! That is much better than I anticipated originally. My original booking was for a car for $415. I'm super excited to have a minivan as that will save us a car having to park.

I still need to decide on who I want to rent a stroller from. I'm also trying to convince my parents to let me rent my mom and ECV for the week. I need to do more research on ECV rental companies. (My mom is going through cancer treatments and has problems walking do to arthritis. I don't want her to wear herself out)

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #2786
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

This is the finished product

That is awesome!!!!!

I wish I could make the pix small like yours. Mine come out so big. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores#1Fan View Post
Happy Thursday Everyone! I hope any and everyone with health issues is having a better day today. I must say though I've joined the club. Woke up this morning and could not move my left side from my neck to my foot. Just got out the bed and started moving around about 1130am EST. Now I'm sneezing like crazy. UGH! Anyway, wishing everyone a happy and Blessed Thurs. and wonderful Disney planning times.

disneychic2- GREAT Costume!!! My DD5 would LOVE it!
So sorry you woke up feeling yucky! Hope it goes away soon!

Quote:

I would just change my touring plan. It stinks but I personally would not give up CRT.

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #2787
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Cancelling Chef Mickey's

Just wanted you guys to know tonight at 9:00pm I'm going to cancel a chef mickey adr. 11/26 at 7:05pm for 8 people.

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #2788
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, look at it this way, you'll still be there ahead of a lot of people who can't get up and at em that early. It would have been ideal to have the park open at 9, but chances are, you wouldn't have been finished at CRT by then anyway. I think you'll be fine and the crowds won't be that much of a factor that early. I hope it works out for you!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #2789
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney mom of 6 View Post
That is awesome!!!!!

I wish I could make the pix small like yours. Mine come out so big. Any ideas?
Do you add yours from photobucket? That's where mine came from and when you click on the picture in your album, mouse over the top of the pic and it will give you the option to resize the pic. I chose 400x400. Hope that helps.

ETA: Look how close Mickey is to the edge of the castle in my ticker!!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #2790
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Let me just say that I don't know why I didn't just multi-quote like I usually do, but I guess I didn't read closely enough before quoting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Posting from the physical therapist office where they are working on my ankle. Hopefully this doesn't cause too much discomfort with the trip.

Excited to be under 30 days until we leave. The kids are never going to believe us again for anything! I'm working on copying DVDs to my iPads for the drive. My wife and DD2 are gone until Tuesday so it's just me and DD1 getting some good Daddy/daughter time.

Will you be on crutches or anything for the trip? I must have missed something in the time I was gone from the thread. Hope you'll still be able to enjoy your trip!

Your girls are going to be so excited to be going to Disney, they'll forget all about your deceit! Plus, you HAVE been telling them you're going to Disney!!

So glad you get a chance for Father/Daughter time. I never spent any special time with my Dad. He just didn't know how to be a dad to girls. You're building great memories that will last their lifetime! Good for you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: