Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #2731
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandorian View Post
23 days to go.. Can't come quick enough especially after this morning when we woke to snow on the ground.
Yikes! Is that earlier than normal up there? We've had frost a couple of mornings here in Ohio, but we usually don't get snow until November. Keep thinking Florida sunshine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Well, we are at 22 days now (12 until we can check in online, LOL) and I decided we will go ahead and drop our Fulton's Crab House ADR for Thursday the 8th (2 people). It is not that we do not want to go to Fulton's, it is just we arrive on the 7th, will do a high meal at Artist's Point the day before, and after a full day at Epcot, we might not just feel up to heading to DTD and fight that crowd. We will have the Club Level food, plus we can do something simple that night if we are really hungry.
Yes, that sounds like a good plan. DTD after a full day at Epcot (or any park) would be brutal. Rest up for the next day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
The wait is over! We got both sets of Mickey Mail today.
Yay for Mickey Mail! I'd give you a dancing banana, but he's not dancing at the moment.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #2732
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

BTW, if anyone is interested, on Thursday, CNBC is airing, Walt, the Man Behind the Myth at 8 PM. I've never seen it, but it has me curious, so I'll be recording it. I wish I could see the Disney Holiday program someone was talking about a couple of pages back.

It's getting so close for some of us. I still have 44 days, but I'm catching the excitement of those of you in the 20s! Won't be long now!
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #2733
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

41 days for us. I can't believe some of you guys are in the 20's how exciting!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Can I join in?

11/15 - 11/18 - Staying at Boardwalk.

11/17 is our WEDDING day!!! We're staying in a garden suite club level for our wedding night!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I'm back home! After two weeks of being in Virginia helping my DD move and bring Baby Caroline home, I'm back and ready to rejoin my November family. I'll go back and read everything I've missed, but just wanted to say a quick hello.

Oh, and to say our trip is paid off as of yesterday!

And one more thing:
We're all going to Disney World!!!!
Yay!!!! I'm so glad to hear she is home!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
ta called. our documents are finally in!!! only 20 days to go!!!!

Ahh this weeknd was productive, i finished charachter dining ab, printed invitations and evelopes(till i ran out), got alot of little things i needed to pick up and pullout all our luggage to start packing.

now to tell my mom......eeeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
The wait is over! We got both sets of Mickey Mail today.

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #2734
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney mom of 6 View Post
41 days for us. I can't believe some of you guys are in the 20's how exciting!!!!!
Not to brag or anything, but we are at 15 days (as of midnight...)!
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #2735
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
Not to brag or anything, but we are at 15 days (as of midnight...)!

So exciting! We are one day behind! 16 days as of midnight! Can't wait!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #2736
Santa
DIS Veteran

38 days and counting 1 long day at a time.

12/76, 7/05, 4/13, - Offsite,
03/97, 11/97, 11/99 - Dixie Landings, Alligator Bayou,
11/01, 12/04, 11/05, 04/10 - Port Orleans Riverside,
09/03 - Coronado Springs,
11/07 - Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa,
11/12, 11/13 - All Star Music
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #2737
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

We are also 15 days away from our trip.

But........I still can't believe the day I had today.

DH was in a motorcycle crash. Luckily he didn't hit anyone else but his motorcycle flipped a few times and then DH was thrown off about 100 feet. Honestly, it could have been a lot worse. No head or face injuries, but he has a broken ankle, the other ankle is sprained, his thumb was dislocated and some bruises and srapes on his arms. Thankfully, he had all his protective gear on. After deciding to discharge him, they ended up keeping him overnight because he was in so much pain.
The worst part is that he will be in a cast for 6 weeks so probably little to no work and I'm not sure what he'll do in Disney. It's either he doesn't go or we rent an ECV.

I don't even want to consider cancelling the trip as an option. The kids have been really getting excited for it. If we do rent an ECV, does anyone have any tips/advice?

Thank You
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #2738
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post

DH was in a motorcycle crash. Luckily he didn't hit anyone else but his motorcycle flipped a few times and then DH was thrown off about 100 feet. Honestly, it could have been a lot worse. No head or face injuries, but he has a broken ankle, the other ankle is sprained, his thumb was dislocated and some bruises and srapes on his arms. Thankfully, he had all his protective gear on. After deciding to discharge him, they ended up keeping him overnight because he was in so much pain.
The worst part is that he will be in a cast for 6 weeks so probably little to no work and I'm not sure what he'll do in Disney. It's either he doesn't go or we rent an ECV.

I don't even want to consider cancelling the trip as an option. The kids have been really getting excited for it. If we do rent an ECV, does anyone have any tips/advice?

Thank You

Don't have any advice for the ECV, but glad your DH is going to be ok.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #2739
Eeyores#1Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I'm back home! After two weeks of being in Virginia helping my DD move and bring Baby Caroline home, I'm back and ready to rejoin my November family. I'll go back and read everything I've missed, but just wanted to say a quick hello.

Oh, and to say our trip is paid off as of yesterday!

And one more thing:
We're all going to Disney World!!!!
YAY! So glad she's home!
Eeyores#1Fan
a.k.a Timika

Member Since 2002
Visits: 1st Visit!! All Star Sports-July, 1999; Christmas @ Lake Buena Vista-2000; Beach Club Villas-June 2003; Members Homecoming 2004; Members Only Cruise 2005; Old Key West-June 2006; Members Only Cruise 2008; Carribean Beach Resort 2009; My BDay Cruise Aug. 20, 2009; Animal Kingdom Villas-March 2010; 3-day Cruise Sept. 23, 2010; DIS Podcast Cruise 2.0; DD 10th BDay Cruise Feb. 24, 2011; All Star Music-June 2011; F&W Festival Oct. 21st; 3 Day Dream Cruise Dec. 15, 2011; Aulani June 2012; Beach Club Villas- Nov. 2012; 3 Day Dream Dec. 13, 2012; All Star Movies - April 2013; Hilton Head - July 2013; Pop - Oct. 2013 F&W Festival; 4 Day Dream Dec. 22, 2013; Pop Century- Dec 2013; Beach Club Villas- June 2014; 3 Day Dream Aug. 14, 2014; Old Key West- Oct. 2014 F&W Festival; Animal Kingdom Villas- March 2015; 3 Day Dream Oct. 30, 2015
Eeyores#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #2740
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:

Thank You
Wow.... I'm thankful as well that he is okay.

37 days for us.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #2741
Eeyores#1Fan
DIS Veteran

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Mickey Mail. As we are staying on points there will be no mail for us but it's OK cause I have 33 days to go!!!

Sorry I've been MIA...had to go into the office for a 3 day offsite meeting last week and things have been crazy around the house but now things are getting back to normal so DIS Boards I'M BACK!!!!!!!!
Eeyores#1Fan
a.k.a Timika

Member Since 2002
Visits: 1st Visit!! All Star Sports-July, 1999; Christmas @ Lake Buena Vista-2000; Beach Club Villas-June 2003; Members Homecoming 2004; Members Only Cruise 2005; Old Key West-June 2006; Members Only Cruise 2008; Carribean Beach Resort 2009; My BDay Cruise Aug. 20, 2009; Animal Kingdom Villas-March 2010; 3-day Cruise Sept. 23, 2010; DIS Podcast Cruise 2.0; DD 10th BDay Cruise Feb. 24, 2011; All Star Music-June 2011; F&W Festival Oct. 21st; 3 Day Dream Cruise Dec. 15, 2011; Aulani June 2012; Beach Club Villas- Nov. 2012; 3 Day Dream Dec. 13, 2012; All Star Movies - April 2013; Hilton Head - July 2013; Pop - Oct. 2013 F&W Festival; 4 Day Dream Dec. 22, 2013; Pop Century- Dec 2013; Beach Club Villas- June 2014; 3 Day Dream Aug. 14, 2014; Old Key West- Oct. 2014 F&W Festival; Animal Kingdom Villas- March 2015; 3 Day Dream Oct. 30, 2015
Eeyores#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #2742
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank You
Oh my goodness! So glad he is not hurt worse! I was an x-ray tech and developed a strong dislike of motorcycles over the years when I saw what usually happens when they crash. Hope he feels better soon and heals quickly.

As far as the EVC, I think that would be the way to go, but I don't have any personal experience with it, so no help there. Maybe go to the DISabilities thread and ask about them there. I'm sure someone could recommend the best place to rent them. Good luck!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #2743
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores#1Fan View Post
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Mickey Mail. As we are staying on points there will be no mail for us but it's OK cause I have 33 days to go!!!

Sorry I've been MIA...had to go into the office for a 3 day offsite meeting last week and things have been crazy around the house but now things are getting back to normal so DIS Boards I'M BACK!!!!!!!!
Glad you're back! I know when I was gone, I missed this group a lot. It's just so nice to be on a thread that is always friendly and helpful. And just as nuts when it comes to Disney as I am! BTW, I thought "normal" was just a setting on my dryer!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #2744
CristinaML
Mouseketeer

OH MY GOODNESS! The trip is coming up fast! (Yet taking forever to get here!) I'm already nervous about work - two weeks at this time of year isn't done for a reason - its way to busy!! I have to fit 4 weeks of work into the next two weeks and I'm determined to do it. I do not want my boss regretting his decision to let me take this trip now.

On the positive side - I've started packing!!! My son's summer clothes and bathing suits as well as hygene items that we are taking new.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #2745
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

We are 33 days away from our trip. I feel like I haven't been doing anything for the trip. I don't really think there is anything left to do but pack.
Since we won't be back until Dec. 1st I have already started my Christmas shopping and made a few Christmas presents. I figure the way the mail works as soon as I get back from my trip I am gonna have to package everything up and mail it out.

- I still have to get my stroller license plates printed out and a make the container to hold our pressed penny change in.

- Should I have a plan for each day at the parks? Since ds will turn 2 on our trip I just have a list of things we want to try to see and do but havent really made a mapped out plan for each day. I figured we have to do what we can. I don't want to stress ds out by making it super planned.

Should I have some sort of plan? Like those ones people get from tour guide Mike?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: