Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #2701
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Can I join in?

11/15 - 11/18 - Staying at Boardwalk.

11/17 is our WEDDING day!!! We're staying in a garden suite club level for our wedding night!
Congratulations! I hope for beautiful weather and great times for you!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #2702
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Congratulations! I hope for beautiful weather and great times for you!
Thanks! I'm hoping the Grand Floridian construction doesn't obstruct my pictures!!!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #2703
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ
Can I join in?

11/17 is our WEDDING day!!! We're staying in a garden suite club level for our wedding night!
Congrats! We are arriving the 17th so we likely won't see you but have a great time!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #2704
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I'm back home! After two weeks of being in Virginia helping my DD move and bring Baby Caroline home, I'm back and ready to rejoin my November family. I'll go back and read everything I've missed, but just wanted to say a quick hello.

Oh, and to say our trip is paid off as of yesterday!

And one more thing:
We're all going to Disney World!!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #2705
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
I'm back home! After two weeks of being in Virginia helping my DD move and bring Baby Caroline home, I'm back and ready to rejoin my November family. I'll go back and read everything I've missed, but just wanted to say a quick hello.

And one more thing:
Congrats on all of the above!! and welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #2706
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

And one more thing:
I'm so glad you're back!!! I missed you!!

So wonderful to hear that Baby Caroline got to go home!!! Congratulations!!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #2707
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:

And one more thing:
Welcome back!! Hope you didn't squeeze all the lovin out of the new grandbaby.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #2708
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

And one more thing:
Congratulations!! Nice to have you back on the boards with us. We've missed you. 29 days and counting for us---so excited. Everything is fairly set now and ready to go started packing a few things and putting things aside....will be away for 2 weeks with a fews days at Universal but majority at Disney. Oh my gosh I can't believe its almost here. I am not planning to pack a boat load of clothes so can someone tell me if POR has laundry faciities and how much they cost?? getting my daughter to bring the detergent and dryer sheets as she is driving to WDW with her Dad and meeting us there. Will save have a few $$$ anyway, every little bit helps. We requested Oak manor and to be near elevator. thanks hope this helps.
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #2709
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog75418 View Post
So excited it is getting closer! Yesterday I bought some really cute Disney Christmas window clings at Hobby Lobby. Still trying my hardest not to tell the kids we are going...it is so hard.
I am in the same boat! It's so hard not to tell! Thank you so very much for posting about the window clings--I will head to Hobby Lobby today!
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #2710
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:

And one more thing:
Congrats! Glad to hear that Caroline is doing well!
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #2711
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

ta called. our documents are finally in!!! only 20 days to go!!!!

Ahh this weeknd was productive, i finished charachter dining ab, printed invitations and evelopes(till i ran out), got alot of little things i needed to pick up and pullout all our luggage to start packing.

now to tell my mom......eeeek
Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #2712
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Phew! took me a long time to read all the posts, but I loved it. I'm taking it easy today before diving into things that need done tomorrow. DH had the house a clean for me, so that's something I won't have to tackle.

It's so nice to be missed...thanks, guys!

So glad to be reading about everyone's Mickey Mail arriving. That is so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
today was a terrible day...first my car had to go in for repairs...$800..bills piling up...spend all day working on autograph books sent them to be printed and they came out ruined, dh might be getting fired, and dd lost a $35 pair of dance shoes today...what else could go wrong
I know this was posted a while back, but did your DH lose his job after all? I hope not! It does seem as though when it rains, it pours at times. Hope things are better. I see in your later posts, you're still really excited about your trip, so looks like you have a great attitude. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
I guess there should be a 'had a bad Wed club'. I just found out today that I will need to have my gallbladder removed but since we are less than 30 days before our trip I have to do it once we get back so I have enough time to recover before our DL trip Christmas week. I'm not too worried about it though but I just have to watch what I eat during our trip in Nov.
Good luck on your post Disney trip surgery! Hope you heal quickly and enjoy your next trip too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
The diaper cake Kaileigh and I made last Saturday. The mom to be loved it.

We also made a tie blanket, but I forgot to take a picture of it.
Sooooo cute! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

Its a bit chilly here this morning for a change, its been quite warm. But I think we will be getting some colder weather in next few days, at least that's what they say. I'm ready I love the cooler temperatures.

We are down to 39 days! I am so excited. I can't wait till we all arrive and I can spill our 1st secret with the girls that we are in one of the Royal Princess Rooms!! They are going to be so excited!! When they enter will be surprises for them both from Disney florist for Sarah's graduation and Rachel's sweet 16.

Then a day or so later come the next surprise, a family carraige ride around POR. Never done this and thought it would be a nice treat for them and us.

My daughter is like jumping out of her skin. I talked to her last night- she lives in Pensacola as she goes to school there and will be driving down with her dad as I didn't want her to make that 7+ hour drive by herself. She is so thrilled to be going. For us it has been since 2004 since our last trip to Disney way toooo long!! So many changes and we are set to do some real cool things too.

Come on November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you decide how you're going to get them from FQ to Riverside yet? It won't be long now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog75418 View Post
I just paid off our trip for November!!1 So excited this is our first trip during the holidays and the kids have no idea that we are going!!
Congrats on paying off your trip! I like to give rainbows for the occasion, so here are yours:

Going when the holiday decorations are up is a wonderful time to go! We saw them in 2010 for the first time and it does not disappoint! If you have time to go to some of the resorts, they are awesome as well. Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge come to mind as outstanding. What fun to be surprising your kids!

QUOTE=kaileighbug;46366372]Changes.....

Delta canceled our outgoing flight and put us on a flight 2 hours later and our seats were split up.

I called them because of the seat thing and happen to ask if they had an earlier flight they could put us on. I was able to get us on a flight 2 hours earlier than the one I booked with no charge....

So now instead of getting to Orlando around 3 we will get there a little after noon. I can't wait now. Things are starting to fall into place. Hubby just earned 5 more days of vacation and now it looks like he can take the 21st off with me to get everything done. Now we can pick up our daughter at school and go to the chiropractor and head straight to the airport to stay the night.[/QUOTE]

Whew! I thought it was going to end badly. So glad you got that earlier flight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAaronsmom09 View Post
Good evening everyone! We are at 42 days and are getting more and more excited. DH and I just found out we're expecting, and I'm 5 wks. So ill be about 10wks when we go to DW =) so now I have to figure out which rides I can and can't get on and talk it over with by dr. Hope everyone has a great night..

Sent from Cassie's phone using DISBoards
Awww, congratulations!! Hope you have a smooth pregnancy start to finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMomOf3boys View Post
We will be driving from SC, staying the night in Savannah and checking into Disney on November 15-22nd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
I have been doing alot of browsing through this thread. DH and I will be at POFQ from Nov. 25-Dec.2 to celebrate his bithday with him doing the Exotic Driving Experience. I am just so happy we get to go to Disney!!!! We have some awesome ADRs so we are both very excited! Took alot of being VERY persistent but we have ADRs at:
Kona
Ohana
BOG
Raglan Rd
Rose & Crown
Prime Time
Boma
Only 45 more days until Disney! Then we are taking a DD for her birthday Jan 13-17, staying at Pop and have a cruise on the Dream Jan 17-20. Somebody pinch me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
My to do list.

I still have 1-2 outfits per girl to make and several t-shirts to make. I also want to make 2 little skirts for my neice.

The biggest thing is I need to make my daily park plans (Priorties, best times list etc) for each day. I'm having a hard time starting on that.

I've lost a lot of weight this year, so I need to go shopping for clothes to wear at WDW. I have one pair of jeans that physcially don't fall off me, but they are still too big. I want to lose 10 more pounds so I'm holding off on shopping until the last possible minute.
Congrats on the weight loss! Good reason to go shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabosoxfan View Post
For anyone interested in going to La Nouba if you join the Cirque Club online (Free) then you can purchase category (2) tickets most shows through Mid December for just $53.25..almost half off...just got mine for 11/7...
We do La Nuba every other year and did it in 2011, but at those prices, I may be tempted! DH and I love that show! Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
I'm really not a fan of credit cards because by and large they are misused by both banks and consumers. Banks by allowing people to spend more than they can afford and by consumers by spending more than they can afford.

(gets off of soapbox)

That being said, there are situations where credit cards can be used responsibly and perks can be awarded. The Disney card is one of those. We use ours for our monthly bills that are drafted each month. We pay them as they come in and earn the Disney Dollars as a result. We'll have earned over $300 in Disney Dollars by the time the trip starts. We've used part of that already to purchase our PP+, so again, it's like getting it for free. We also get 10% off of purchases of $50 or more at the Disney Store, parks and disneystore.com. It's a small savings of course, but it will be handy on this trip. It also gets us into the M&G at Epcot for cardmembers. All in all a great card to have for Disney fans.
DH and I feel the same about credit cards, but, for all the reasons you listed, keep our Disney Card. If you are disciplined to pay it off, it can really work in your favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
a while back someone had mentioned some sites that they used to do mystery shops or something like that to get extra $. Anyone remember what those were?
Here are ones I learned about here on the DIS: Field Agent, isecretshop, shopkick, and checkPoints

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
So I'm planning a trip for 10 (2 families) and the other family has let me have complete control over the ADRs, with the one exception of requesting a Coral Reef dinner. I got a facebook message last ngiht saying I can drop Coral Reef in favor of something else since we are also doign the Cape May Clam Bake.

There's nothing available that looks great to me right now.

What are the chances of getting a good ressie (I'd LOVE Ohana) while we are there? Do I just keep checking online or call the restaurant directly the day of?
Yes, keep checking, both online and calling Disney Dining. For that large of a party, you'll be extremely lucky to find anything. Don't let your Coral Reef ressie go until you get something else. Besides, Coral Reef and Cape May are totally different experiences. I think your party would be please with both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQH1022 View Post
There is a big convention - officially at the Swan/Dolphin, but with something like 5000 attendees, plus their families. That could be part of the resort jam.

We arrive Nov. 12th but no Mickey Mail yet. We've got ADRs at Boma Nov. 13, Cinderella's RT on Nov. 14 and Chef Mickey Nov. 16, plus MVMCP on Nov. 15; still thinking we want to make more but not sure of our schedule. First time to WDW!
First time visits are always so fun! I hope you ordered your personalized maps of the parks. If not, make sure you take a book out of the library or buy a copy of the Unofficial Guide so you can look at the maps and familiarize yourself with the layout of each park. That will help guide you and cut down on the amount of time spent figuring out where the attractions you want to ride are located. Failing any of that, get the park guides at the front desk when you check in and take them with you to the bus stop and go over them while waiting. I hope you have the most magical trip ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Can I join in?

Congratulations! A Disney wedding...how magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Congratulations!! Nice to have you back on the boards with us. We've missed you. 29 days and counting for us---so excited. Everything is fairly set now and ready to go started packing a few things and putting things aside....will be away for 2 weeks with a fews days at Universal but majority at Disney. Oh my gosh I can't believe its almost here. I am not planning to pack a boat load of clothes so can someone tell me if POR has laundry faciities and how much they cost?? getting my daughter to bring the detergent and dryer sheets as she is driving to WDW with her Dad and meeting us there. Will save have a few $$$ anyway, every little bit helps. We requested Oak manor and to be near elevator. thanks hope this helps.
POR does have laundry facilities. I think in each building. I've never used them, so can't tell you how much it costs, but it probably won't break the bank. Definitely bring your own detergent and dryer sheets!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #2713
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Yes I think so, when my DD and DH pull up at the FQ, I will say to him.....Ummmm i think we're in the wrong place, then DH will say, "you know I think you're right" we need to get back in the car for just a few more minutes. I WILL have Rachel with me but I am hoping to distract her long enough by asking her to go to gift shop and walk around while I quickly go over to Riverside and check in then buzz back- then when rest of family get there head over there asking them to cover their eyes- which I know won't work but I can at least try and then get them to the door (which will be decorated by Disney Florist as well as room) and when they open will see that they are in Royal princess room all decked out- I can't wait!! I just hope it goes off ok
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #2714
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

So I found a Biergarten ADR on teh day we wanted to drop Coral Reef. It looks like it will be fun for everyone, and I've read reviews on theDis and people seem to like it!

I will keep checking to see if something pops up somewhere else, but if not I think we'll all be OK with Biergarten.
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #2715
Tulles
Mouseketeer

25 days to go and still no Mickey Mail! Should I call Disney? We booked direct so its not a TA delay. I want my mail. Tired of waiting.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: