Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #2611
MichaelAaronsmom09
WDW 1st timers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569
Is anyone planning on swimming? With the average high being 78 I'm concerned it might be a little chilly. My blood has thinned living in Texas for sure.
I would love to! but being from south texas, 78 is freezing for us lol

Sent from Cassie's phone using DISBoards
MichaelAaronsmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #2612
codimouse
Over 45 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!

Too cold for this San Antonio girl. lol

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
codimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #2613
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I will be honest, I DO NOT SWIM WHEN I'M AT DISNEY WORLD, unless I'm staying at the Beach Club and then I'll go to Stormalong Bay. I think it is pointless because there is SO much other stuff to do when you could just go swimming at a local pool or something at home. Maybe that's just me and my opinion.
It's true, she doesn't swim, you should ALL be reading her trip report! It's BRILLIANT!!!

She actually convinced me to give up my cabana at the Poly b/c I will not swim either!

Also this is my 500th post and I only have 26 days to go!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #2614
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
wow how did u do that
I saw someone already gave the link. It was easy and lots of fun. My 8yr old did her's herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Hi!! Time is all of a sudden going by fast. I booked our trip at the 499 days out mark. And look at us now. I have also been thinking about starting to gather things and at least put it all in a container until I actually pack. We are going the end of Nov. and there is always at least a couple cold days. But for some reason everytime I start to pull clothes together in my head.... its all shorts and capris. I hope that doesn't mean that it is actually going to be really cold the whole time. I bought a good pair of walking sandals for this trip. I just got them in yesterday. I wore them for about 3 hours in the house and they felt great. I plan on wearing them for at least a few hours everyday until the trip. For anyone that is interested here is the link....I got the regular black. http://www.amazon.com/Cushe-Womens-S...dals+for+women. I'm a shoe snob and as far as walking shoes go they are pretty cute. And they fit my foot like a glove.
Those sandals are really cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to see if you can recommend a good character breakfast with Mickey? (Other than Chef Mickeys) thanks!
We like O'hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
hows everyone doing this afternoon? what is left on everyones to do list?
Pick up odds and ends from the store. I want to check the dollar store for ponchos. I need to get a pair of sweats for the kiddos to wear to bed the night before we leave since we have such an early flight. I still have 2 more shirts to make. I better get busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Is anyone planning on swimming? With the average high being 78 I'm concerned it might be a little chilly. My blood has thinned living in Texas for sure.
I'm packing swim suits in case. My dd is hoping we will have some warm days to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
30 days to go and still no Mickey Mail. Got our ME tags for both resorts though.

DS turned 7 today. Made it through the party alive barely. Never again will I let him invite 7 boys to the house again.
Happy birthday to your ds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
It's true, she doesn't swim, you should ALL be reading her trip report! It's BRILLIANT!!!

She actually convinced me to give up my cabana at the Poly b/c I will not swim either!

Also this is my 500th post and I only have 26 days to go!!!!!!!!!!

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #2615
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney mom of 6

I saw someone already gave the link. It was easy and lots of fun. My 8yr old did her's herself.

Those sandals are really cute.

We like O'hana

Pick up odds and ends from the store. I want to check the dollar store for ponchos. I need to get a pair of sweats for the kiddos to wear to bed the night before we leave since we have such an early flight. I still have 2 more shirts to make. I better get busy.

I'm packing swim suits in case. My dd is hoping we will have some warm days to swim.

Happy birthday to your ds.

We go the Same weak every year and it gets HOT especially doing all that walking and we are from Boston and 70s are beautiful!
richelletaranto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #2616
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

we are from boston too. when are you going?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #2617
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

Question Hello!

[COLOR="silver"][/COLOR

We are from Boston and are flying in nov 8 late. We are staying at akl and are dvc members. We leave on the 16th. We have fantastic fri, cinderellas table and bibbidi bop pity boutique on sat (trying to reschedule tho cuz crowd prediction is a 9 out of 10). We do the sunrise safari on Sunday and the safari at akl on thurs. also trying to go to dis outlets and sea world.....am going w dd 10 ds 6 and dh. I have 2 meals a day scdeduled every day so think I went overboard. Thanks for the feedback on coolers! Any feedback on groceries? How many days do people generally do each park?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #2618
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Good morning!!! 45 days today!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #2619
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Good morning ya'll. 43 days for us.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #2620
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelletaranto1

We are from Boston and are flying in nov 8 late. We are staying at akl and are dvc members. We leave on the 16th. We have fantastic fri, cinderellas table and bibbidi bop pity boutique on sat (trying to reschedule tho cuz crowd prediction is a 9 out of 10). We do the sunrise safari on Sunday and the safari at akl on thurs. also trying to go to dis outlets and sea world.....am going w dd 10 ds 6 and dh. I have 2 meals a day scdeduled every day so think I went overboard. Thanks for the feedback on coolers! Any feedback on groceries? How many days do people generally do each park?
Since we have two kids under 5, MK is the favorite! We went twice last trip and will do it again this time. Then we will do the other parks once. May do Sea World, we'll wait till we get there to decide. As far as groceries, if you are looking for a place to buy them, there is a Super Walmart centrally located. They have everything!! Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by mrsap; 10-11-2012 at 08:18 AM.
mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #2621
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Good Morning everyone!

3 weeks until we are in Disney!!!!!!!
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #2622
zandorian
Earning My Ears

lol swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
We live in Northern Ontario Canada, My kids are in the water as early as they can in the spring.. this year the lake was 53F and my oldest dd was in swimming.

78f is hot for us
zandorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #2623
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelletaranto1
[/COLOR

Typically I've done a park a day with extra days (or time if we are hopping) spent at MK. Last trip we skipped Epcot completely and a previous trip we skipped World Showcase due to inclement weather. AK closes early so this year we will go to DTD after since we aren't hopping this year. Epcot is a must this year since we have done some international traveling since our last visit so seeing the different areas is of interest to us, plus we love P & F so we want to do Agent P. DHS will be a big part of the trip this year because of the Osborne Family Lights display. My wife and I have seen that before, but the kids have not.

We missed TSM last time because it was new and it was an absolute zoo so we are wanting to do rope drop fast passes for that. Soarin and the rest of Epcot is on the list if things to do. In all of my trips I have yet to do space mountain due to time, weather, ride maintenance, etc, so I'd like to do that this time. DD2 will be bigger than last time so getting her on some things she couldn't last time, like Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, etc.

No MM for us yesterday, but I expect it at any time.

I talked with the wife about the tie dye shirts and she did something similar, although not Disney themed, so she knows the technique already. I think it will be a neat surprise for the girls.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #2624
Vabosoxfan
If the phone doesn't ring it's me!

La Nouba

For anyone interested in going to La Nouba if you join the Cirque Club online (Free) then you can purchase category (2) tickets most shows through Mid December for just $53.25..almost half off...just got mine for 11/7...
Vabosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #2625
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

I'm going to try the tie dye Mickey head shirts too! Just doing black and white

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: