Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #2506
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
Our trip from Delaware should be about 16 hours, according to Google Maps. With only one driver and leaving after school on Halloween, I'm planning to drive as long as I can that night (with a nap earlier that day) and then stop for some sleep. Hopefully, I can make it until 11 or so and then find a motel room. I used to drive 8 hours from home to college and back, and that wasn't too bad, at least back then. We'll just stop for gas and drive-through dinner. I'm hoping DS will sleep for part of it. We'll get up as early as we can the next morning, grab drive-through breakfast and lunch, and hopefully check in at AoA around 4.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)
we will be at lm same time as you,do you plan to have anything in your window? id love to see people i know
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #2507
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982
for those that a driving what is your plan? are you driving straight thru or stopping along the way. if so where do you plan to stop.

we are leaving from boston early sat morning and planning to be in ga by night time.

on the way home we are planning to leave sun after cm (which is at 8) and not sure where to stop on the way back.
We are driving straight through there and back. It's about 20 hours give or take. Our plan is to pick up DD1 from school and leave straight from there. That will be about 3pm Central time, so with the time difference we should get to AoA around noon. If we take our time with meals on the way it may be later, but that has been our history. This is our first drive to WDW but we drive to Michigan often, which is about the same distance.

We have done it where we bring food instead of stopping at the drive through and that works well too but the cooler tends to take up a bit of space so we might skip that this time. My wife will take the first leg of driving and I'll take over at night. She will probably pick it back up in the morning. The kids will have our iPads loaded up with movies and they will be quite content.

I would love to fly, but with this being a holiday week flights are way too cost prohibitive for a family of four. Even with gas as high as it is driving saves a ton.

Our first day we are planning to take it easy and check out AoA. We will have dinner at a restaurant in Orlando that my friend owns and then we will start the next day with Epcot. On the off chance that we are feeling ambitious we may buy the extra day of tickets and hit the park when we arrive, but I highly doubt it.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #2508
Santa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
for those that a driving what is your plan? are you driving straight thru or stopping along the way. if so where do you plan to stop.
I have a sister that lives on the south side of Atlanta about 5 minutes from I-75. That's about 1/2 way for us so it works out great for an overnite stop.

12/76, 7/05, 4/13, - Offsite,
03/97, 11/97, 11/99 - Dixie Landings, Alligator Bayou,
11/01, 12/04, 11/05, 04/10 - Port Orleans Riverside,
09/03 - Coronado Springs,
11/07 - Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa,
11/12, 11/13 - All Star Music
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #2509
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
i have it gps at 16 hours. do you think its longer than that?
Yeah, I think so. I mean, it took us about 21-22 hours for driving total.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #2510
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Mickey Mail arrived today!!!! 33 days!!!!!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #2511
Tulles
Mouseketeer

I feel like I've been getting little bits of Mickey Mail for a while now but I'm ready for the real thing now. Within the past month we got our photo pass+, our new toiletries bag from LL Bean and our ME tags. Feel like I'm forgetting something else that arrived but I'm not sure.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #2512
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

We are driving as well! Should be around 18 hours. As much as I'd love to drive straight through, I'm not sure how my little ones will do . We are planning on stopping over night in South Carolina and then will drive the rest of the way. Once we get to Florida, we will first be stopping in Jacksonville to visit family for a couple days, then we'll be on the way to Disney! I can't wait! I think we are down to 42 days! Hope everyone has a safe, quick trip!

Are all those who are driving using their own car or renting one? If renting, where did you find the best rates?

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #2513
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedisneymomx3 View Post
I thought I had posted our trip on this thread but don't see me listed. We will be there beginning on November 15th - 25th at Pop Century and then Cruising the Dream from 25-29th! MVMCP on the 16th. Can't wait to read through the whole thread and see who is going to be there! We will be party of 13 with 10 days worth of ADR. So excited I can't hardly take it anymore
you probably did and I missed it... I have been doing that lately I am soooooo sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
It has been a crazy week, but we are now down to 34 days, and MICKEY MAIL IS HERE!!!
Congrats on MM! I havent been here in a while and JUST noticed everyones (well not mind but mostly everyones) is under a month!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

Its a bit chilly here this morning for a change, its been quite warm. But I think we will be getting some colder weather in next few days, at least that's what they say. I'm ready I love the cooler temperatures.

We are down to 39 days! I am so excited. I can't wait till we all arrive and I can spill our 1st secret with the girls that we are in one of the Royal Princess Rooms!! They are going to be so excited!! When they enter will be surprises for them both from Disney florist for Sarah's graduation and Rachel's sweet 16.

Then a day or so later come the next surprise, a family carraige ride around POR. Never done this and thought it would be a nice treat for them and us.

My daughter is like jumping out of her skin. I talked to her last night- she lives in Pensacola as she goes to school there and will be driving down with her dad as I didn't want her to make that 7+ hour drive by herself. She is so thrilled to be going. For us it has been since 2004 since our last trip to Disney way toooo long!! So many changes and we are set to do some real cool things too.

Come on November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY! I am debating about the carrige ride I KNOW we would like it but i am not sure.... we have so much planned already and not a free night! Maybe next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
My solution to this is just pack all new toiletries and leave what we are currently using at home. Otherwise, I would be running around last minute trying to gather things and it stresses me out.

Anyway, we are only 27 days away...I have a question...for the park touring plans, does anyone use a certain website.
Thats what we do.... I buy all new ones that way I can check it ALL off my list and dont have to worry about last minute packing

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjeeps View Post
I would be paid off today if it weren't for debit card limits. tomorrow!!! 46 days! It's so real now!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
YAY! Congrats on paying off your trip!!!!

Quote:
morning all

suitcases are coming out today!!!! Still no mm, ordering photopass tonight,packing lists are being worked on.

Does anyone know where i can find a list of what events are at what parks when (parades ,osborne lights etc)

p.s. We are in the 20's!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY! I cant wait til my suitcases can come out. I told DH not before Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle77 View Post
I just got MICKEY MAIL!!! the prefect thing I needed 5 weeks before finals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
I feel like I've been getting little bits of Mickey Mail for a while now but I'm ready for the real thing now. Within the past month we got our photo pass+, our new toiletries bag from LL Bean and our ME tags. Feel like I'm forgetting something else that arrived but I'm not sure.
I want the real thing too but I still have a while Im only at 48 days

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #2514
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Soooo sorry about me missing in action lately.... lots going on. I do get on the DIS from my phone though so I am always reading...just not always posting. Those of you with an iphone can multi-quote.... i know that question was asked awhile ago. Just press the button like you are gonna quote a person, over in the left hand side there is a box if you hit that, itll highlight the persons name then continue selecting whoever you want then hit quote... itll multiquote

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #2515
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! 40 days to go. (39 until we leave, but 40 until we arrive)

There won't be any Mickey Mail today though, as it's a holiday, but it seems like time is going by faster and before we know it we will be in the World!

Also, for those looking for water bottles to bring along, we were at Office Depot on Friday night and found the collapsible water bottles with the carabiner hooks on clearance for $1.14 each! We grabbed 4 of them and even though we had some bottles similar to them, they didn't have the hooks that we can hang off of belt loops or the stroller or a purse.

Hope everyone has a great day!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #2516
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

Please add me.....

We will be driving from SC, staying the night in Savannah and checking into Disney on November 15-22nd

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
CarolinaMomOf3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #2517
Tulles
Mouseketeer

I finally added an avatar to my account and I wanted to share the story of it. Back in early 2005 my BFF and her family were planning a trip down to the world and asked if we wanted to join them. We couldn't because they were going down in Nov and I was due with DS (our first child) then. They went down anyway and when they came back they couldn't wait to tell us how they saw DH down there. The photo attached of Aladdin and my BFF's DD looks exactly like my DH from the side. We still laugh about how DH got a secret job at WDW.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #2518
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

My TA just emailed me -- our Mickey Mail is in!!!
28 days to go!!!!!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, WL

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #2519
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

Help!

We are staying at akl conceirage in nov. we haven't done wdw in 4 years and only have done it once. I'm a dvc member but have been doing the cruise. Any tips regarding
Cooler
Wheel cart
Renting car worth it
Groceries
Naps?

Thanks! My kids are 10 and 6. Also I got bibbidi appts and cinderalla table on nov 10 but the estimate is for crowds to be a 9 out of 10. Don't know what I should do
richelletaranto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #2520
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

What's Mickey mail
richelletaranto1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: