Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #2431
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

47 Days to Go!!! I'm starting to feel like the days are dragging! I'm looking forward to the morning of and just getting into the car - knowing I'm on my way. Can't get here fast enough!!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #2432
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Six weeks to go tomorrow!

The wife and I got a catalog from Oriental Trading last night and found some cute things to get for the girls but instead of ordering them online we're going to hit up Party City. Similar prices and don't have to pay shipping. They've got some face jewels, lanyards, bracelets and various other cheap trinket deals to keep the kids occupied for far less than what we would spend on stuff at the parks. Tuesday night we'll be making the run to Party City while the kids are with a sitter to hunt and gather.

Just happy that its' getting closer. I think the next few weeks should fly by.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #2433
blessedisneymomx3
Earning My Ears

42 Days to go

I thought I had posted our trip on this thread but don't see me listed. We will be there beginning on November 15th - 25th at Pop Century and then Cruising the Dream from 25-29th! MVMCP on the 16th. Can't wait to read through the whole thread and see who is going to be there! We will be party of 13 with 10 days worth of ADR. So excited I can't hardly take it anymore
Mom to DS#1 14; DS#2 11; DS#3 8, wife to one wonderful and sometimes grumpy DH

blessedisneymomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #2434
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569
Six weeks to go tomorrow!

The wife and I got a catalog from Oriental Trading last night and found some cute things to get for the girls but instead of ordering them online we're going to hit up Party City. Similar prices and don't have to pay shipping. They've got some face jewels, lanyards, bracelets and various other cheap trinket deals to keep the kids occupied for far less than what we would spend on stuff at the parks. Tuesday night we'll be making the run to Party City while the kids are with a sitter to hunt and gather.

Just happy that its' getting closer. I think the next few weeks should fly by.
We are doing the same! We were thinking of doing little goody bags for the ride! I think it would be nice for them to have some new things to keep them occupied on the way down, ESP. since we have a long ride!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #2435
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
We are doing the same! We were thinking of doing little goody bags for the ride! I think it would be nice for them to have some new things to keep them occupied on the way down, ESP. since we have a long ride!
How long is your ride? Ours should clock in around 20 hours.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #2436
mrsap

Oh I'm happy to know we aren't the only ones driving! Well it's about an 18 hr. ride. With two kids now, we are stopping in SC on the way down over night to break it up a little. We bought a dual screen DVD player to keep the little ones happy ... Hope it works! Is this your first time driving with your little ones?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #2437
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

It has been a crazy week, but we are now down to 34 days, and MICKEY MAIL IS HERE!!!
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Maryland/Virgina/West Virginia/DC Pin Meet on June 7th 2014!!! Details Inside!!

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #2438
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Oh I'm happy to know we aren't the only ones driving! Well it's about an 18 hr. ride. With two kids now, we are stopping in SC on the way down over night to break it up a little. We bought a dual screen DVD player to keep the little ones happy ... Hope it works! Is this your first time driving with your little ones?
DVD players make things a lot easier. Our girls have traveled quite a bit in both car and plane so long trips are nothing new to them. Our last car had the dual DVD players in them and we hated to give it up for our new car. Our solution was to get iPads and mount those to the headrests during road trips. The girls love that even more I think because they each can have their own movie and they don't have to ask us to switch the movie out when it's done. We're doing the trip straight through although we'll likely take our time so we don't arrive too early. We're leaving Texas around 3pm so we could likely hit AoA at around noon. We're planning on having a resort day that day so hanging out at the pools (weather permitting) will be on the agenda. We'd like to be able to check in and drop our stuff at the room before hitting the pool though.

I forgot one other piece of Disney-ish news. We signed up for the Disney Movie Club last night too. We picked up 8 Blu-Ray movies for $20. Can't beat that with a stick!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #2439
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569

DVD players make things a lot easier. Our girls have traveled quite a bit in both car and plane so long trips are nothing new to them. Our last car had the dual DVD players in them and we hated to give it up for our new car. Our solution was to get iPads and mount those to the headrests during road trips. The girls love that even more I think because they each can have their own movie and they don't have to ask us to switch the movie out when it's done. We're doing the trip straight through although we'll likely take our time so we don't arrive too early. We're leaving Texas around 3pm so we could likely hit AoA at around noon. We're planning on having a resort day that day so hanging out at the pools (weather permitting) will be on the agenda. We'd like to be able to check in and drop our stuff at the room before hitting the pool though.

I forgot one other piece of Disney-ish news. We signed up for the Disney Movie Club last night too. We picked up 8 Blu-Ray movies for $20. Can't beat that with a stick!
That sounds great! I'm sure they will be entertained and enjoy the ride even more! Sounds like a nice relaxing first day! I can't wait to be in the car! I just want to know I'm on the way!!!!!

Last edited by mrsap; 10-04-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #2440
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I'm very excited. I rebooked my rental car today because I was able to get a 10 day rental over Thanksgiving for a minivan with unlimited miles for under $350 (including taxes).

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #2441
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

wow, stay away for a few days and the thread explodes!

congrats to all with their MM. We booked through a TA, so should have our in a couple of weeks.

Had a kind of rough day. My mom, who is going on the trip got laid off today. Its a weird thought, my mom has *always* worked. She says its a blessing in disguise as now she can do WDW then the following week go to my sisters for Thanksgiving. I guess its all about perspective.

I wish this time would go faster!! Only 34 more days~~

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #2442
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey Joann!! So glad to see you are heading back to the World!!!!! We are missing you by 2 weeks.
I was hoping when I saw your PRT you were going later in the month so we could see your two little cuties, but its not to be. I hope you guys have a fantastic trip. We can't wait. I am so excite because I have a few surprises up my sleeve for our princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Oh and guess what.............................................. .....................................

We're going to Disney next month!!!
WOOO HOOOOOOO

We got Mickey Mail today, but not all of it. We received our single night room info. We also received Cinderella today in the mail. Now to find time to watch it tomorrow.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #2443
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

The diaper cake Kaileigh and I made last Saturday. The mom to be loved it.

We also made a tie blanket, but I forgot to take a picture of it.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #2444
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
The diaper cake Kaileigh and I made last Saturday. The mom to be loved it.

We also made a tie blanket, but I forgot to take a picture of it.
That's adorable!!! That would have to be a very happy Mom to be!!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #2445
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Good Morning everyone!!

Its a bit chilly here this morning for a change, its been quite warm. But I think we will be getting some colder weather in next few days, at least that's what they say. I'm ready I love the cooler temperatures.

We are down to 39 days! I am so excited. I can't wait till we all arrive and I can spill our 1st secret with the girls that we are in one of the Royal Princess Rooms!! They are going to be so excited!! When they enter will be surprises for them both from Disney florist for Sarah's graduation and Rachel's sweet 16.

Then a day or so later come the next surprise, a family carraige ride around POR. Never done this and thought it would be a nice treat for them and us.

My daughter is like jumping out of her skin. I talked to her last night- she lives in Pensacola as she goes to school there and will be driving down with her dad as I didn't want her to make that 7+ hour drive by herself. She is so thrilled to be going. For us it has been since 2004 since our last trip to Disney way toooo long!! So many changes and we are set to do some real cool things too.

Come on November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: