Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #226
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
our trip in Oct 2010 staying at the Poly for 5 nights WITH club level for 5 ppl, dd2 was free....$3200. with the dining plan. This trip, 4 ppl (dd12 is with my parents) 7 nights, POR its $3569-dxdp...miss the Poly though!
Last year I had an under 2 she turned 2 during our trip. Our 1br villa with 5 day tickets plus the $600.00 we put on our TTW our total was only $2400. This year its 3x that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
i feel like we got a great deal on our trip even without getting the free dining.

8 days 7 nights AOA lm with 7days of tickets w hopper and more plus deluxe dining for a lil over $3000.
I just switched from AoA, that is a good price. I upgrade to DDP for the free QS and we were in a Lion King room for $3992.00. We switch to AK Jambo because DH and just thought it would be more relaxing for us. And it would be more the Lion King theme the girls want.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #227
vleeth
I heart Disney

Just wanted to celebrate with my Nov folks...this is my 1000th post!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #228
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Just wanted to celebrate with my Nov folks...this is my 1000th post!
Very cool! I did my 3000 post purposely here on the november thread as well.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #229
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Very cool! I did my 3000 post purposely here on the november thread as well.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #230
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
We're gonna be some hopping fools...we hop every day!
We hop every day as well. But then again, it's just DH and I, we do rope drop, afternoon break (usually) and move to a different park if the one we're in gets too crowded. We also love to start in say HS and finish the day watching the parade and wishes at MK. Then there's the advantage of not having to stay in the park where your ADRs are...can you tell we love hopping??
Old 08-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #231
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

Regarding the Dessert Party... This is what I remember from when we did it in July 2010 (4th of July week)!! Things may have changed (my disclaimer)...
I remember that the earlier you signed up the better seats you were assigned. There was no time specific check-in. I'm pretty sure everyone was given the same time to check-in. There were quite a few people in line when we went the check-in area. I signed up for the dessert party when the dates were released and the table we were assigned to was in the front row off towards the right side of the castle (looking at the castle). So it seemed like there was correlation between when you booked and where your seat was located. That being said, before the fireworks started people who were seated in the back moved to the railing and stood there to watch the fireworks!! So at that point it didn't matter that we had first row seats. I do remember that we remained in our seats and we were able to see the fireworks well. I don't remember if the people moved to the side but I think some pulled up chairs. I remember the CM's not digging the whole pull your chair up to the railing. I liked the whole dessert party for the simple reason that in all my trips I have never seen Wishes from the front side of the castle. I have been all over the park to see them and one thing on my Disney bucket list was to see the fireworks from the front, they way it was intended! The desserts were very good and plentiful. Lots to eat and drink. You could never eat enough desserts to equal the cost but the experience was well worth it. It made us slow down and appreciate the fireworks. We have since been back and walked by the dessert party and I've wanted to do it again. DH and DS may not echo my feelings, but usually with these types of special events I don't ask, I just book it and hope they don't mind giving up those few precious hours to chill out and enjoy the magic of the Magic Kingdom.
Hope this helps...
Debbie
guarn3md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #232
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
We hop every day as well. But then again, it's just DH and I, we do rope drop, afternoon break (usually) and move to a different park if the one we're in gets too crowded. We also love to start in say HS and finish the day watching the parade and wishes at MK. Then there's the advantage of not having to stay in the park where your ADRs are...can you tell we love hopping??
Well we started out hopping our MK day because it closes at 7PM. Then since we had park hoppers, we decided to go to AK after all and just go during our DHS day. But we had to be at DHS for opening for Jedi training and at the end of the day...so that's two hops. We want to do MK AM EMH but they don't have the fireworks that night, so we'll go to EP one AM and then MK in the PM and the next day do MK in the AM and EP in the PM for CP with NPH. lol
Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #233
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

Anyone have cliff notes for the second half of the second thread and all of the third thread? I was otherwise occupied for a bit and missed a whole thread!!

Hope everyones planning is going well.

I promised to *not* touch my ADR's for this trip and have not.

As we are only 83 days out from our trip, the excitement is really building. We have the DLR 1/2 Marathon in just a couple of weeks and then the one in FL shortly afterwards.

Just checking daily on when I can reserve the Wishes Dessert Party and then I am 100% done.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #234
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunasee View Post
Anyone have cliff notes for the second half of the second thread and all of the third thread? I was otherwise occupied for a bit and missed a whole thread!!

Hope everyones planning is going well.

I promised to *not* touch my ADR's for this trip and have not.

As we are only 83 days out from our trip, the excitement is really building. We have the DLR 1/2 Marathon in just a couple of weeks and then the one in FL shortly afterwards.

Just checking daily on when I can reserve the Wishes Dessert Party and then I am 100% done.
Nah...you don't need notes. Anything you have a question about you ask and someone will answer...with a smile...even if someone asked it last thread. This is a really nice and friendly group!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #235
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I'm getting super excited too! We made the decision of cancelling V&As and both the le cellier lunch and dinner reservations I had even though I was not able to book Remy's on the ship in favor of doing the Wanyama Safari and then what do you think happened just now? They must have released a bunch more tables because I was able to get into Remy's after all! Two amazing experiences I had not even considered, how lucky is that?

The best part is now we don't have to worry about how we are getting to the ship! With everything we wanted in place we can go back to plan A and take the regular DCL transfers instead of trying to drive ourselves or go to MCO and get to the ship that way to have a chance at snagging one of the last tables that they open up for people as they come onboard. I can have my nice relaxing morning at AKL swimming and waiting to be driven in style!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #236
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

I can't wait until the 20th! I'm so excited, I hope I get a reservation for the day I want.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Nov/Dec 2014 - Off-site
October 2015 - DL
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2000)!
kerplop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #237
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Found a snow white picnic doll for $8.98 at target normally about $25. The rest of the princesses were still normal price. I'm not sure if I will give it to her for hanukkah, at Disney, or before we go to Disney?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #238
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

so the dessert party, we have a dinner at 5 at WCC.... the party would be at 830. I am so on the fence about it. I wanna go as we so enjoyed it last year but my dad doesnt think its worth the money and says we dont need the extra dessert. but its so much more than that!!! My DD wanted it for her bday ... I am still unsure

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #239
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplop View Post
I can't wait until the 20th! I'm so excited, I hope I get a reservation for the day I want.
I dont have a ressie or even a place FOR a ressie! I guess we are counter servicing it this trip LOL

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #240
KSBelle77
Mouseketeer

I am going to have to say goodbye for a while! I start Law School on Monday and probably will not have time to keep up with every one! See you all in the happiest place on Earth in November!!
2012 - 1st Half Marathon, Disney Princess
2012 - Birthday trip and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
2013 - 1st Disney Marathon
2013 - 1st Trip to Disneyland, Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, Dumbo Dare Challenge
2015 - 1st Dopey Challenge, 2nd Disney Marathon
2015 - Law School Graduation, KS Bar Exam
2015 - 1st Disney Cruise, Fantasy
KSBelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: