Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #2236
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
WDW is getting closer- only 37 days away!!

I have been slowly purchasing things for the trip- I have some breakfast items ready, got a bunch of cool LED light up stuff for after dark, lanyards set to go, and got ponchos and umbrellas just in case.

Yesterday, I found the perfect small cross-body bag for the parks. Target has a a Mossimo bag on clearance for about $16 right now that is great. Reminds me of the Baggelini Zip 'n Go bag. The bag is small but holds a lot and has lots of zippered compartments and a nice long strap to go across the body (it is also adjustable). Target's version is faux leather and comes in fuschia, purple, mustard color, and black.
You should be getting Mickey Mail pretty soon! That bag sounds perfect for the parks! I wouldn't bother with umbrellas if you have ponchos. That's a lot to keep up with. It's fun to start collecting things in one spot isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
62 days left! I am finishing up my Pop window decorations.

How much time do you spend in World Showcase? Should I do 2 days at Epcot or another day at MK (we were going to do a half 2nd day at Epcot, then MVMCP that night)? Any suggestions?

Do any of you use those water bottle strap thingys? I am trying to avoid using a stroller just to carry our stuff, but carrying 7 bottles around between all of us does not appeal to me (and it seems that the grown ups always end up carrying the kids' stuff!). If I can swing not taking a stroller, this will be the first time in 16 years that I have been without one in a Disney park. I have the feeling that I will feel like I am missing something all day long!

Thanks in advance!
I do not use the water bottle strap thingys as a rule. I have one on my lanyard, and have used it once or twice, but I can't stand to have something heavy hanging there all day. I can't even imagine 7 water bottles!!!! Can you just have 2 or 3 water bottles and share? We take a small lightweight backpack with us and that's where I keep our water bottle if we have one. Maybe for your first time without a stroller, you'll need some sort of park bag. I think it would be hard to go cold turkey!

As for WS, it might be good to see how your family likes it before determining if it's worth another trip there. Some families take two or even three days at Epcot, while others do 1/2 a day. It's all in what your family enjoys. I know this isn't a bit of help, but it is just so subjective. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
We just changed our plans. Our 21 year old niece decided to go with us. So moving from Pop to a condo off site.

I also managed to get ressies for Chef Mickey's for Thanksgiving evening.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wow! That's quite a change. Congrats on scoring an ADR for Thanksgiving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Okay, I just took the leap...

We have officially moved our trip from November to December!
We are now going the week before Christmas!

So that means I have some ADRs to cancel:

11/25 Boma, 4, 4:00 pm

11/26 Candlelight Processional Package (Neil Patrick Harris)
Teppan Edo Lunch at 3:40 pm, 4 people
6:45 show

11/27 Narcoossee's, 4, 8:00 pm (to view Holiday Wishes)

11/28 Cape May Cafe, 4, 5:00 pm

11/29 Sci-Fi, 11:05, two ADRs one for 4 and one for 3

12/1 50's PT, 7, 8:15 pm

I'll cancel around 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning.
Okay, but you have to check in with us from time to time still!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Goodness! We're considering changes to our plans now too. A friend is considering tagging along and that might mean moving from a LM room to a suite at AoA. Of course, she's not sure if she wants to be there for Thanksgiving, so she's slow to make plans. I told her last night that we have 7 weeks left and it's a busy time so she'll have to hurry.

The options I figured out are like this:

1) for $1700 she can get a room at Pop (AoA LM is sold out), tickets and dining plan like us. She can ride with us in the car and since Pop and AoA are connected we could still be together most of the time

2) for $2500 we can upgrade to a suite at AoA and get her tickets and dining. We're all together which might make logistics easier. She's favoring this plan at the moment.

3) if she doesn't want to spend Thanksgiving at WDW she can fly, get a room at Pop and leave the day before Thanksgiving. Including tickets and DDP that would also be around $1700

Another option would be for us to move to Pop and then get connecting rooms, but we really want to stay at AoA, so that's not really on the table.

What do you think?
Do not give up your AoA ressie!!!! You've looked forward to that for too long. I like option 1. The suite might be a little tight for 3 adults and two kids. Hope she decides soon! Keep us posted.

Quote:
Canceled our ADRs and our AKL package for November. Our new dates are 12/17-12/23. Guess I've got to find the December thread! I'm going to be SOOOO jealous when all of you guys start going!!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
And we'll be jealous when we're blue from missing Disney and you're getting ready to go!! Have a great time!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #2237
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982

dont leave us
Don't worry, I'll hang around and be jealous of everybody getting to go sooner than me.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #2238
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2

And we'll be jealous when we're blue from missing Disney and you're getting ready to go!! Have a great time!!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #2239
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
omg freaking out

we are under 40 days
still no mickey mail and lots to do
No Mickey mail here either. We are at 36 days. Hurry up Mickey!!
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Whazzatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #2240
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
No Mickey mail here either. We are at 36 days. Hurry up Mickey!!
i cant wait lol
Old 09-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #2241
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

We just got ours two days ago and arrive Oct 28th (so day... 34?)! Should be any day for everyone!

Last edited by AquaDame; 09-26-2012 at 01:04 PM.
AquaDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #2242
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

how long does the photopass take to come,havent order ours yet was planning to do it 30 days out. is that cutting it to close.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #2243
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
omg freaking out

we are under 40 days
still no mickey mail and lots to do
We're at 36 days and no Mickey mail.

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #2244
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
We just got ours two days ago and arrive Oct 28th (so day... 34?)! Should be any day for everyone!
lol r u sure on that math
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #2245
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
lol r u sure on that math
Nope! :D
Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #2246
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
how long does the photopass take to come,havent order ours yet was planning to do it 30 days out. is that cutting it to close.
Shouldn't be too close, they say you need to call before you are 14 days out so that they have enough time to ship it to you, otherwise you have to buy it there, so you will be fine at 30 days out.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #2247
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

I have been doing some shopping during my down time I work... just purchased some accessories for our stroller

We figured we would need extra storage space for all of the stuff we'll be traveling with and for the things we will be buying in the parks, so I got 2 "saddle bags" that hang on the side of our stroller and also a snack tray for Cate (instead of the belly bar it came with).

I also purchased a travel size bike tire pump -- I can't have flat wheels @ Disney!

Now I just have to work on clothes for the girls... I have a bunch of Tshirts I got from the Disney Store, but I need to get layering shirts and leggings in case it's chilly while we're there!

40 DAYS TO GO!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining

~~~~~~~~~Taking a Disney Break! Not sure when we'll be back...~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ; 09-26-2012 at 02:49 PM.
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #2248
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Hey ya'll.
I have been buying things as well. Got my new point and shoot camera today.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #2249
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I need to start working on my day to day plans but I'm having a hard time sitting down to do it.

So I'm spending my time sewing instead. I have finished dresses or skirt/tee combos for my 2 girls for 7 of 10 events/days. Only 3 more to go. One is in progress (aka cut out - I will try to do the sewing tonight), the other 2 I have material but no firm plan for yet. I'm still working out the details. I originally didn't think I'd come close to finishing all the outfits I had planned so I am thrilled that I am 50 days out and have 14 of 20 outfits complete. I feel pretty good that I can finish the other 6 in time now.

If you want I'll post pictures.

I do need to work on the day to day stuff though. I need to get my sister to confirm which meal she wants for Thanksgiving. There have been so many changes with the new Fantasyland, Test Track being closed, Christmas events, etc that I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #2250
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Behind again. Hello everybody! We went for a walk today and pretended we were rushing to the Character spot and then soarin. We looked at the map and plotted our course. The kids thought it was a hoot. I told them not to run or the cm's would get us. Ha Ha!

Quote:
The hours are a little lower today...
1533 if we go in November
2900 if we go in January

If we switch we miss MVMCP, the Osborne Lights, CLP with NPH, and having his brother's birthday while we are there.
We would be changing so my older DS wouldn't miss as many school days (2 instead of 5), and IF he makes the school basketball team he'd miss the first two home games (which would probable guarantee him a benchwarmer seat- lol), and changing would give him more time to prepare for his all region and all district jazz and concert band auditions.

So, since it would be all for him, and we're almost sure we are doing it...
I'm crowning myself!

Sounds like a lot of reasons to swich. You deserve that crown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplejulie456 View Post
Please add us arriving November 13th-17th staying Animal Kingdom Lodge
ADR's....11/13....Rainforest 6:30pm
11/14....Cape May 6:30pm
11/15....Planet Hollywood 6:30pm
11/16....Chef Mickeys 6:30pm
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
I've been trying to catch up with what everyone is saying. Lots of changes for some of us. Love hearing from everyone. Now that school has started we have gymnastics and ballet and tennis. And I've been going to the gym in the mornings. Going to Disney and being able to slow down is going to be the best part of the trip.
Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
We are UNDER 40......woohoo!!! 39 days to go!! We started packing yesterday!!!
Woo Hoo!!! 61 days for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Good Morning!! Happy Sunday

So praying for a big win for my Ravens today as they battle the Patriots for 1st time since huge upsetting loss (still not over it yet in AFC Championship game) As you can guess I am a huge sports fan---my mom always said I was her "boy in girls body" child. lol!! Its true I guess as I do get passionate about my home teams, and what about our Orioles this year, huh?? Simply AMAZING!! Can't wait to see what the end of this week brings and hope they can come out ahead of the Yanks finally---have been chasing them all year! Wouldn't that be a switch for once??

Went over our plans again yesterday and how to break the surprise that we upgraded to the Royal Princess rooms at POR. They think we are staying at POFQ- My husband and daughter Sarah are driving from Pensacola- and we (Myself and DD 15 Rachel) will meet them at front of POFQ- I was thinking...when they pull up just saying....Beryl (that's my DH- I don't think we are in the right place are we? And he'll say "you know I think you're right...Mickey sent us a little surprise and we have to get back in car and drive just a wee bit farther....we will ask them to cover their eyes or blindfold them, since its a really short trip go over to checkin (or I can try and do this beforehand if I can sneak quickly while I leave Rachel in gift shop or something) and go to room where surprise will be revealed. Any other thoughts on this?? I want it to come naturally. They have NO ide of what's coming. We also plan to have our room decorated by the Disney florist people as well since we are celebrating Sarah college graduation, and Rachel's sweet 16!!
What a fun surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Woo Hoo, doing the single-digit-week dance!
Woo Hoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlongino View Post
Just a hint we used today that I thought I would share with everyone. Today we paid off our Disney vacation (45 days). We went to Target and opened a RedCard and we purchased $1200 worth of Disney gift cards and since every purchase is 5% off we wound up saving $60. Then we called and read the numbers to a very helpful agent pver the phone until it was paid off. It was a little time consuming (1/2 hr) but $60 bucks is a lot of Mickey ice cream bars and Dole Whips!!
Woo Hoo! for paying off the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
I'm going Nov. 6th and heading home on Nov. 12th and staying at POR.

I'm really looking forward to it. I spent the weekend reviewing my plans and decided that since I'll have the chance to see 3 different bands at the F&W Festival, I had to change up my plans and a dining ressie to give it a try.
I really want to see Big Bad VooDoo Daddy so I made sure I can adjust my plans last minute if I can't see them on my first try. I read that the line can get long for them.

It'll be my first F&W Festival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Under the 40 day mark! Officially 39 more days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Today I am at the 2 month mark! WOOHOO!!! Tomorrow I will be under it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaML View Post
As the trip gets closer I feel less prepared. I was doing so much Disney stuff for a while I - forgive me for saying this - burned out and felt silly for planning so far in advance. Now it seems I have a bunch of half finished projects or ideas not seen through and am running out of time. Blast!
I'm still working on shirts. I keep telling myself just do a little everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post

Caroline is off the ventilator and just has oxygen through her nose! That's great progress! And my DD will get to hold her tomorrow if things continue to improve as they are. I'm so happy! Thanks everyone for your support!
Sooooooo happy to read this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Tell me what you think about the pretzels.

We love pretzels in general, from Sams and the mall.

Last time we tried a pretzel at a cart in DHS and the it just wasn't very good.

Are some places better than others? Are they generally good and we had a off one? Are the ones in Germany better?
I have no expert opinion but I have read the ones in Germany are good. I think I might like to try the one shaped like Mickey. I am def trying the cream cheese one at the Lunching pad in Tomorrowland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfblatt View Post
Ok
so we just decided to do this trip about 2 weeks ago...

So to say I am freaking out is an understatement

So here is my plan as of now... any and all input / suggestions appreciated

We have decided to go against the grain of vets and do the EMH's
We have the dining plan- all restaurants except Biergarten is new to us
We are at POFQ
Boys are 9 & 6 and we were there in 2010...They are not big on characters, so I have avoided character meals.

Monday- arrive, check in, hit up MK (duh , ADR- Kona
Tuesday- Epcot, Late ADR Hacienda San Angel for the fireworks (per TA)
Wed- AK, ADR Boma
Thur- MK, ADR Biergarten
FRI- HS, Fantasmic Package (mama melrose), Osborne lights
Sat- 7:40 ADR Ohana for brekfast, DTD then head home...
That is exciting!

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: