Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #2026
KatWI
Earning My Ears

We're flying MetJet. Great deals for our area but not many choices for dates. Right now flights are only on Sundays.
KatWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #2027
ksack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Not looking forward to those teenage years. I don't have that problem with my 7 year old and I'm not looking forward to the day when I do.
Okay, here is an idea I got from a friend... I may get some flack for it tho... Keep in mind that when I was growing up I was a get the soap in the mouth kind of kid...

After hearing this my friend told me about Sassy Sauce... Technically it is vinegar... Just stick your finger in the bottle and here is the important part.. rub it on their gums.. It won't fade as fast...

I think in the last year DD12 has only had it twice.. Now I just make her get the bottle... Straightens her right out..
ksack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #2028
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

We got Mickey Mail!!! We received the maps you order online for free! DD2 was so excited she just sat there looking them over. Then she got out the old maps from previous trips and started telling me all the things that have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAaronsmom09 View Post
Just totally curious, since I've never been to the world, about how much spending money do you all think I should save up? I'm on a dining plan, so not paying for many meals, maybe just 2 or 3. Thank you! =)
This is crazy to say but we have only taken about $100 for souvenier money. We don't bring that much back. I guess since we have done bbb that was the souvenier.

This year will be different since I have a list of things I would like to get while there. So probably about $500 just for the souveniers. Then the tip money of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
Trip is paid off as of today!

Did a quick cross border shopping trip with MIL while the kids were in school today. Picked up some glo sticks at Target and some snacks that are unavailable in Canada. Also my fave cereal that I can't get up here.

We did a quick run through TJ Maxx and I got something for me. A cross body Baggallini!

Same one as above for $20!!! I'm so excited. Been looking for one for a while after hearing about them on this board.

We booked our trip in March of this year so I'm excited to say only 52 days left!
Congrats on paying off the trip and the baggallini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePrincesses View Post
Here's a random question. Is there a penalty for removing guests from your resort reservation & dining plan?

Like say if I wanted to leave 2 of my ungrateful & disrespectful children at home instead of treating them to missing school for 3 days & going to Disney; is there a penalty for removing them?

Not that I would really do it because as mean as they think I am, i just couldn't do it, but I'm at my wits end with these girls and their mouths.
Kiddo's gotta love em! Ha Ha! Have you tried guilt? or my mother in laws favorite line "I'll kick your teeth in"

It is hard. They need us they just don't know it sometimes. It does get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Im sorry for not posting much BUT I feel lost on this thread now

UPDATE: we decided to drop WCC after the new menu change! Thats ok though we now have lunch in AK and time to go back and change for MVMCP at our resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post
Donít feel lostÖwe need you!

THANKS for the advice! I really appreciate it!
Just talked to my husband about changing our dates. Heís against it because we already scheduled our vacations at both our jobs and itís the perfect time to go. If we go a week earlier weíll run into Halloween (too crowded?) and we canít go later in Nov because he canít get off of work (others are off for hunting season-BIG deal in our area). Weíd have to look into earlier in Oct. I also found out it would cost $300 to change our flights.

I still emailed TA to check into it, to see what we would save.

Got GREAT news today though. The airline we are flying with is offering a promotion where you get a FREE flight with each flight (on specific dates). I called to confirm we are eligible (since we booked before this promotion was announced) and we are! Since Iím taking my sisterís kids on this trip, weíll get SIX flights for FREE! The destinations are limited to Orlando or Ft. Meyers, but thatís AMAZING! We could go back to Disney! Also my aunt has a condo in Ft. Meyers where we could stay at for free. This is such AWESOME news (as we are on a tight budget). Iím so excited and happy! WOO HOO!

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #2029
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Im sorry for not posting much BUT I feel lost on this thread now

UPDATE: we decided to drop WCC after the new menu change! Thats ok though we now have lunch in AK and time to go back and change for MVMCP at our resort!
That's how I felt on the Facebook page. I just couldn't keep up! But you've been missed here!! And Smileybug has not been around much either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post
THANKS for the advice! I really appreciate it!
Just talked to my husband about changing our dates. Heís against it because we already scheduled our vacations at both our jobs and itís the perfect time to go. If we go a week earlier weíll run into Halloween (too crowded?) and we canít go later in Nov because he canít get off of work (others are off for hunting season-BIG deal in our area). Weíd have to look into earlier in Oct. I also found out it would cost $300 to change our flights.

I still emailed TA to check into it, to see what we would save.

Got GREAT news today though. The airline we are flying with is offering a promotion where you get a FREE flight with each flight (on specific dates). I called to confirm we are eligible (since we booked before this promotion was announced) and we are! Since Iím taking my sisterís kids on this trip, weíll get SIX flights for FREE! The destinations are limited to Orlando or Ft. Meyers, but thatís AMAZING! We could go back to Disney! Also my aunt has a condo in Ft. Meyers where we could stay at for free. This is such AWESOME news (as we are on a tight budget). Iím so excited and happy! WOO HOO!
That is really great news! Congrats!!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #2030
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Okay, so it's 3:23 and I haven't been asleep yet. My youngest daughter is at a hospital in Virginia having her baby...5 weeks early! I'm waiting for text updates. We live in Ohio, and I hate being so far away. I didn't sleep last night either and only got 3 hours of sleep today. I am totally wide awake. Yikes!

To make matters worse, my girls grandmother passed away last night (my ex's mother) here in Ohio and they (my 2 girls) had been planning a trip here for the funeral. Meanwhile, my older daughter's 5 year old has been running a fever of between 103 and 105 just since yesterday. So it's hard for her to plan whether to come here or not.

I won't go into all the details and logistical problems, but suffice it to say, it will be an interesting few days ahead for all of us. I don't tend to worry or get stressed about things, so I'm good there. It would just be good to have a couple of things settled for my girls' sakes. Thanks for listening to my middle-of-the-night ramblings! My DH is fast asleep and doesn't even know our daughter is in labor. He'll get a surprise when he wakes up in a couple of hours!

Meanwhile, I'm watching House Hunters and Property Brothers
Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #2031
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Hi guys!

I'm kind of sad this morning...
We are thinking of postponing our trip to January. I was checking the school schedule yesterday noticed a week in January where the kids have 3 days off, so that would mean missing only 2 days. Hard decision!

If we decide to change, I'll be canceling our dining reservations, including CDP with NPH.
I'll let you guys know first.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #2032
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

60 Days to Go on the countdown clock!!!!!!

How about everyone else?! Getting so excited! Wish we could skip over the next month! We're almost there!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #2033
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap
60 Days to Go on the countdown clock!!!!!!

How about everyone else?! Getting so excited! Wish we could skip over the next month! We're almost there!
42 for us! So excited! Bought new luggage and a stroller for up to 50 lbs last week. Just about ready!

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #2034
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu
Hi guys!

I'm kind of sad this morning...
We are thinking of postponing our trip to January. I was checking the school schedule yesterday noticed a week in January where the kids have 3 days off, so that would mean missing only 2 days. Hard decision!

If we decide to change, I'll be canceling our dining reservations, including CDP with NPH.
I'll let you guys know first.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
It will be ok. January is not too far away and thats's a great time to go. The crowds in the FLE will have died down and Test Track will be open.

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #2035
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mouse

42 for us! So excited! Bought new luggage and a stroller for up to 50 lbs last week. Just about ready!
What a cute picture Sandy! So close, you're almost there! We are thinking of getting a new stroller too (double). We have a front to back right now, thinking of a side to side so they both have a great view of everything!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #2036
monica9
Mouseketeer

I WANT TO JOIN! Arriving NOVEMBER 27 at WL and leaving DECEMBER 4.

MVMCP on NOVEMBER 29!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #2037
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Good morning ya'll!

Just wanted to share this with those that don't already have it. Its a good place to keep track of the daily temps in Orlando.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orl...nyr=11/01/2012
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #2038
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica9 View Post
I WANT TO JOIN! Arriving NOVEMBER 27 at WL and leaving DECEMBER 4.

MVMCP on NOVEMBER 29!

Hi!!
My DH and I will be at the WL Nov. 23rd - Dec. 2nd. Ya'll are going to have a wonderful time!!
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #2039
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Whispering Canyone Cafe or Trail's End?

Dilemma... I saw the new dinner menu for WCC and I'm not impressed... what if you have someone in your party who doesn't eat meat or fish???

Anyway, I have a back up ADR at the Trail's End Buffet and I'm thinking of going there instead.

We have Deluxe Dining so cost isn't an issue.

I don't know what to do... we have quite a few buffets and I was looking forward to the non-buffet @ WCC.

Suggestions, anyone? We're not "foodies" so we don't need any place fancy and have a party of 10, with 5 kids.

This day is our Magic Kingdom day and we're having lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern.
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #2040
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

SMILEYBUG!!!! Oh how I have missed u! only 66 days! YAY!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: