Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #1981
MichaelAaronsmom09
WDW 1st timers!

Just totally curious, since I've never been to the world, about how much spending money do you all think I should save up? I'm on a dining plan, so not paying for many meals, maybe just 2 or 3. Thank you! =)
MichaelAaronsmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #1982
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAaronsmom09 View Post
Just totally curious, since I've never been to the world, about how much spending money do you all think I should save up? I'm on a dining plan, so not paying for many meals, maybe just 2 or 3. Thank you! =)
How many people and for how long? Our last trip we spent about $1000 with tips, BBB and other souvenirs. We were there for 6 days and had a family of 4 plus my mom was there for 3 days of the trip too. We did mostly table service meals so the tips were a good chunk of that. We did the full package at BBB plus bought pictures at Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, Park Fare (twice), Splash Mountain and Cinderella's Royal Table (twice). The package at BBB was about $200 and the pictures alone were probably another $100-$150. Tips were probably another $100 or so if I recall. We did a couple few stops in at the stores as well at $100-200 each time (really easy to do) so it adds up quick.

This time we're not doing as many TS meals (only dinners) so our tip amounts will be less. We're pre-purchasing the PP+ package which will include our meal and ride photos so that will save some money as well. We're doing the BBB package again, but souvenirs should be limited some. We're taking about $1000 for the week again.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #1983
MichaelAaronsmom09
WDW 1st timers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569

How many people and for how long? Our last trip we spent about $1000 with tips, BBB and other souvenirs. We were there for 6 days and had a family of 4 plus my mom was there for 3 days of the trip too. We did mostly table service meals so the tips were a good chunk of that. We did the full package at BBB plus bought pictures at Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, Park Fare (twice), Splash Mountain and Cinderella's Royal Table (twice). The package at BBB was about $200 and the pictures alone were probably another $100-$150. Tips were probably another $100 or so if I recall. We did a couple few stops in at the stores as well at $100-200 each time (really easy to do) so it adds up quick.

This time we're not doing as many TS meals (only dinners) so our tip amounts will be less. We're pre-purchasing the PP+ package which will include our meal and ride photos so that will save some money as well. We're doing the BBB package again, but souvenirs should be limited some. We're taking about $1000 for the week again.

Its 2 adults and 1 2yr old for six days. We will be paying for my little ones meals, but he doesn't eat quite that much. I've heard many different things about 2 year olds turning 3 at dw, as to whether or not they charge admission after turning 3. So we plan on taking extra, just incase they do charge him after his bday. $1000 is what we're aiming for, more or less.
MichaelAaronsmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #1984
HappyThoughtsTina
Happy Thoughts Vacations

Quote:
Hi There,
It really depends on if you love to collect things, or buy tons of Mementos, how many days will you be there. When my teenagers go we give them a $75 allowance on their room key for things other than food, they usually wont spend that much.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #1985
HappyThoughtsTina
Happy Thoughts Vacations

Quote:
Its 2 adults and 1 2yr old for six days. We will be paying for my little ones meals, but he doesn't eat quite that much. I've heard many different things about 2 year olds turning 3 at dw, as to whether or not they charge admission after turning 3. So we plan on taking extra, just incase they do charge him after his bday. $1000 is what we're aiming for, more or less.
If you Son is 2 when he started his vacation then he will not be charged admission or for meals.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #1986
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
As HappyThoughtsTina said, you won't have to worry about spending $$ on tickets for your DS. Disney considers kids the age they are at the beginning of the trip as the age they are for the entire trip.

For 3 people for 6 days, we usually budget $30/day for tips and extra snacks and $50 per person for souvenirs. We also add $50 or so for a "just in case" fund (cold meds, rain ponchos, extra T if someone spills, etc).
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #1987
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Trip is paid off as of today!

Did a quick cross border shopping trip with MIL while the kids were in school today. Picked up some glo sticks at Target and some snacks that are unavailable in Canada. Also my fave cereal that I can't get up here.

We did a quick run through TJ Maxx and I got something for me. A cross body Baggallini!

Same one as above for $20!!! I'm so excited. Been looking for one for a while after hearing about them on this board.

We booked our trip in March of this year so I'm excited to say only 52 days left!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #1988
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
Today was payoff day for us -- woooooohooooo!!!

When I looked back at the email from my travel agent I realized we put our initial deposit down on April 14th! It feels like we've been waiting so long for this trip -- and really, we have!

So, how long ago did you officially book your trip?

As of today, we are 48 days away!!!
Rainbows for paying off your trip!!!! How fun!!

We booked our trip May 13th and then changed the dates on 6/25. We still have about 70 days left. But we're getting there!! (We usually book a lot farther out, but this was an add on trip we weren't planning on.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleGirl3 View Post
Woo Hoo!!! Just got done booking our November trip! This will be our first time at Pop and our first time on the DDP!
We stayed at Pop in April and are there again in November. I think you'll like it. The dining plan rocks in my opinion. We've been doing it since they first offered it for free. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollynholly View Post
PAID IN FULL!!!

LOL just a little excited!
Here are your rainbows:
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Howdy! We're staying at Pop Nov 26- Dec 2! Just finished paying it off. 69 more days to go! This is our first time at Pop and our first time doing free dining as well!
And congrats on paying it off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaML View Post
When will Disney mail me tickets and such? I got my party tickets right away, same with PhotoPass+ but that's it.
About 30 days out from your dates, you'll get two pieces of Mickey Mail. One will have your ME tags and the other one will have your vouchers and luggage tags. You'll get your Key To The World cards once you check in. This is your room key as well as your entry into the parks and your dining card.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #1989
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyThoughtsTina

Hi There,
It really depends on if you love to collect things, or buy tons of Mementos, how many days will you be there. When my teenagers go we give them a $75 allowance on their room key for things other than food, they usually wont spend that much.
So i'm not crazy thinking $50 per child for souvenirs? They're 17, 5 & 2. My mom suggested $75-100 for my oldest.
Last trip i only had a 2yr old and there was no budget.
PixiePrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #1990
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
For those of you staying at LM...check this out: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1.../VIDEO0202.mp4

hold on...it didn't work. I'll try again...be right back!

Ok, try this: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1.../VIDEO0202.mp4
Thanks! We are staying here for our trip. It is still a suprise for DD.
Quote:

When I looked back at the email from my travel agent I realized we put our initial deposit down on April 14th! It feels like we've been waiting so long for this trip -- and really, we have!

We booked 2/28/11. However; when we booked we planned to go in November of 2011. My mother-in-law decided she wanted to go so we had to change it to July of this year. Then she backed out so we are now back to November for DD's birthday. Saves me a ton of money and we were able to get free dining.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #1991
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug
Thanks! We are staying here for our trip. It is still a suprise for DD.
Fun! Does she know at all? My kids know that we're going to Disney but think we'll be at POR the whole time. They have no clue we're moving to a Lion King suite on day 4. Can't wait to see their reactions.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #1992
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Good morning! 44 more days! Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #1993
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Morning yall!

I was talking with a friend last night and she said last year when they went to WDW they were offered the dining plan at the gate when they bought thier tickets.... is this right?
We are not staying on property and we get the military tickets.... it would be awesome to get the dining plan but I just don't think it works like this.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #1994
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:

I officially booked my trip as early as you could. Whatever is 499 days from our trip date... maybe June of 2011? IDK kik but me and smileybug booked around the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
Does anyone know how much the hair wrapping costs now? DD has had it done the last two times that we were in the world but for the life of me I can not remember how much they cost! (Other than the fact that it was really expensive since her hair is so long!) Maybe I can talk her into cutting it before we leave!
oooo id love to know! I have 3 girls that want it done :/

Quote:
we are there for 8 days on the DxDP and we are taking $2200 ($500 for tips and $300 for BBB (3 girls ) and then thats $150ish per day for souvies and extras)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
Morning yall!

I was talking with a friend last night and she said last year when they went to WDW they were offered the dining plan at the gate when they bought thier tickets.... is this right?
We are not staying on property and we get the military tickets.... it would be awesome to get the dining plan but I just don't think it works like this.
Iv never heard of this

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #1995
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Good Morning!!!! 67 days!!!!!!!!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: