Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #1846
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
Morning all

good to see im not the only one freaking out..fortunately its not over the money portion, i have been penny pinching for a whole year and seeing our balance after we paid off the trip really made me happy. What i am freaking out about is that the school told me today if she misses more than 5 days we could be subjest to a penalty!!!! Has anyone had this issue?
We were told the same thing at back to schoo night last night... More than 5 unexcused absences lands us in court and with a fine ($1,000.00). We purposely scheduled the trip during a week when the girls would only miss 2 days of school, which is the trend around here, hence "Jersey Week."

We are paying more than most - no free dining or room discounts- but the peace of mind is worth it. I don't want to be labeled the parent of a truent kid, my oldest in only in first grade! All of our vacations will fall during their breaks - either fall or Spring, summer is out due to the nature of my & my H's jobs.
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #1847
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I plan to stay out of the hospital!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
Great plan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfblatt View Post
I am sooooo stinkin nervous

We dont leave for 2 months...but we only just decided to do this trip a week ago.

Last time we booked almost a year 1/2 away...

Now I feel like I have a million things to do...but yet still don't.
ADR's for the most part are done,maybe just one more (famous last words right) but so far are not too shabby

Room/ tickets - done and paid for
Flights done

I think I'm just so stinkin excited that DH said yes...

Sorry just babbling
This is a perfect place to babble! We love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
Please, do not feel that I am 'rubbing it in' and if you do, I apologize in advance! But after reading of many peoples nervousness about funds, on this and other threads, I feel much better than I had previously! And want to share my good feeling! DH is disabled and we live on a very tight yearly budget of just my income so I am a huge worrier when it comes to money. We have been saving or this trip since our last one 3 years ago, so I'm feeling really good about where I am at.

I paid off Disney 6 weeks go, bought plane tickets 8 week ago, pre-purchased photopass +, rental car reserved, Harmony Barber Shop reservations made, all ADR's made (using DDP), new suitcases and clothes for everyone AND have just over $2,000 saved for spending money (which I WAS worried about not having enough)!!

I am READY for 11/1! Yay!!!
That's great! We always have ours paid for before we go, but since this is our second trip this year, I'm having to get a little creative. We're still saving for next year's trip and don't want to dip into that! We won't have anywhere near $2,000 for spending money, but we don't usually need that much either. Have fun spending that!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post
Yes, you have a good point about the timing. It was the only ADR I could get to fit with our schedule for the day. This park was one of the toughest to schedule because of the shows! I really want the kids to experience Sci-Fi so I thought we could just get snacks or a drink if nobody is really hungry. We're also planning to see Fantasmic so I was thinking about picking up food from a Counter Service to eat while we wait for it to start if the kids are hungrier around that time.

I did have a question...there is an ADR at Sci-Fi at 7:50 pm and one at 50's Prime Time at 8:10 pm - but the park closes at 8:00 pm...so how does that work?
I know that if your ADR is before the closing time, you will be served, but I've not heard of an ADR available AFTER closing time. Maybe they know something we don't know (like maybe the hours will be extended???) That's awfully late to eat, though. I like your idea to just get snacks or something at Sci Fi. It is a fun experience. They have a refreshment stand inside the venue for Fantasmic, so if the crew is hungry, you can get something there while you wait. Sounds like a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post
Another AWESOME idea...that I had never even considered! THANKS!
Target has tubes of glow in the dark thingies that you can make bracelets or connect them and make necklaces in their dollar spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
I have a question when I cancelled yesterday I wasn't given a cancellation number, and I haven't gotten an email from Disney saying I cancelled. Is this normal? I figure it will take a few days to get back on my card. Just find it odd I didn't get an email.
If it's not noted by tomorrow, I would call again. You want to make sure you don't get charged. Still wish you were going!
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #1848
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

When I log in it says their are no reservations, but then no info on the one I cancelled.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #1849
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Good Morning all! It is way to early to be up. However I am saving money by going to a resale this morning to get school clothes for DD. I can go spend $150 and get a whole new wardrobe for her. I also find some really pretty dressy dresses for less than $10 each. I did warn her though that this year I don't plan on getting many since she still has lots of them she can wear. My focus is on jeans, skirts, and tops. She has outgrown the jeans from last year and needs more.

I have plenty of coffee and DH will take the girls to the park when I get home so I can have a nap. We go line up early and they number you when you go in. We are usually in the first group that enters the sale so you get a slight head start. Its always fun with the ladies I go with especially when we are all running on little sleep.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #1850
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09
When I log in it says their are no reservations, but then no info on the one I cancelled.
Click on the Update Reservations link and see if they all show up.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #1851
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569

Also, sorry for jacking the thread to talk about iPhones.

I'll bring it back to Disney with a segue. One of the cool new features of the new phone is the panoramic photo feature. Click on the button and turn and the phone scans the area up to 240 degrees and creates a stitched photo. That will present some cool shots at the parks! I'm thinking about the Tea Cup ride! How neat would that be?
Just to clarify: This is not an IPhone 5-exclusive feature. A 4S or fifth generation iPod Touch updated to/using iOS6 will also do panoramas. There are also a ton of apps that can do it well on older models. (I'm sticking with my 4S for a while... Maybe until 5S...)

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #1852
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire

Click on the Update Reservations link and see if they all show up.

Nothing there.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #1853
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Good Morning All!!

59 days and counting, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have not been on the boards for a few days, so please forgive me, I have been quite busy with work and Thursday night my youngest Rachel and I attended a concert in Baltimore- it was a christian band Hillsong United, they are from Austrailia and one of our favorite worship bands. Oh my gosh, what an experience!! They were simply incredible. We had the best time and went with dear friends we had not seen in a long time. It was like a mini getaway for us girls!! We had the best time and Rachel is still talking about it.

I can't believe that there are only 2 weeks left in September, my gosh the time is flying by and soon it will be time to start packing. I can't beleive I have still managed to keep our room upgrade as well as the carraige ride a secret from the girls, Normally I am the worst at trying to keep anything a surprise, lol!!! But I am really trying on this one. All our ADR's are set and only thing now is to simply wait. Hope everyone has a great day.

OT- My Ravens won big on MNF so I was one happy girl!! Next up the Eagles---we shall see how they do with them. Hoping for another big win!!
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #1854
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
Good Morning all! It is way to early to be up. However I am saving money by going to a resale this morning to get school clothes for DD. I can go spend $150 and get a whole new wardrobe for her. I also find some really pretty dressy dresses for less than $10 each. I did warn her though that this year I don't plan on getting many since she still has lots of them she can wear. My focus is on jeans, skirts, and tops. She has outgrown the jeans from last year and needs more.

I have plenty of coffee and DH will take the girls to the park when I get home so I can have a nap. We go line up early and they number you when you go in. We are usually in the first group that enters the sale so you get a slight head start. Its always fun with the ladies I go with especially when we are all running on little sleep.
That sounds like so much fun! Definitely worth it, I'm sure. Hope you get lots of great things!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Good Morning All!!

59 days and counting, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have not been on the boards for a few days, so please forgive me, I have been quite busy with work and Thursday night my youngest Rachel and I attended a concert in Baltimore- it was a christian band Hillsong United, they are from Austrailia and one of our favorite worship bands. Oh my gosh, what an experience!! They were simply incredible. We had the best time and went with dear friends we had not seen in a long time. It was like a mini getaway for us girls!! We had the best time and Rachel is still talking about it.

I can't believe that there are only 2 weeks left in September, my gosh the time is flying by and soon it will be time to start packing. I can't beleive I have still managed to keep our room upgrade as well as the carraige ride a secret from the girls, Normally I am the worst at trying to keep anything a surprise, lol!!! But I am really trying on this one. All our ADR's are set and only thing now is to simply wait. Hope everyone has a great day.

OT- My Ravens won big on MNF so I was one happy girl!! Next up the Eagles---we shall see how they do with them. Hoping for another big win!!
What a great mini-vacay! I know what you mean...I have such a hard time with keeping secrets. Sometimes it just slips out. But DH still has no idea I upgraded from QS to regular dining. Here's to being able to keep our secrets a little while longer.

Next week DH and I are going to see Selah in concert near here. It is FREE!!! So I know it will be crazy. We'll have to go very early to get a good seat. My oldest granddaughter's name is Selah. Not for the singing group, but for the part in Psalms. My daughter didn't even know there was a Christian singing group by that name. Anyway, looking forward to the concert!

Hope everyone has a great day!! We are taking our granddaughter to Amish country for lunch and to a petting zoo. She's 3. It is beautiful out today with just a tiny bit of chill in the air. Perfect!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1855
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Morning all

AOA Lm opens today so im excited to see some new pics. i cant believe sept is almost over ahhhhh still so much to do. Disney has still not taken our payment that we made on weds so im a lil nervous. Really gonna start cracking on finishing all my projects because soon it will be packing time.

When does everyone seriously start? i have put all of the new stuff i bought in the suitcase but thats it.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #1856
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982

When does everyone seriously start? i have put all of the new stuff i bought in the suitcase but thats it.
This is SAD but TRUE....
DH and I will be frantically packing at midnight the night before our 9 am flight...

No matter what I say, how I plan, how much I want to change...
That's how it always has been and always will be.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #1857
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982
Morning all

AOA Lm opens today so im excited to see some new pics. i cant believe sept is almost over ahhhhh still so much to do. Disney has still not taken our payment that we made on weds so im a lil nervous. Really gonna start cracking on finishing all my projects because soon it will be packing time.

I'm also excited to hear about AoA LM opening today. I heard there will be a drink station near the pool so we may not have to make the quarter mile hike for a drink.

As far as packing goes, this may sound horribly sexist but for all trips I leave that up to my wife. She is very particular about what is brought and how it is put in the suitcase so I let that be her project. Sometimes she asks me what I want to wear, sometimes she doesn't. Often I get to our destination with no idea what I have to wear. She usually has it mapped out for me each day. It works for us. We will be packing the night before most likely. Since it is supposed to be a surprise we are sending DD2 to grandma's the night before and will pack while DD1 is at school. Then we will pick her up from school and head out!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #1858
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Countdown time....

1703 HOURS TO GO :cheer:

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #1859
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
I'm also excited to hear about AoA LM opening today. I heard there will be a drink station near the pool so we may not have to make the quarter mile hike for a drink.

As far as packing goes, this may sound horribly sexist but for all trips I leave that up to my wife. She is very particular about what is brought and how it is put in the suitcase so I let that be her project. Sometimes she asks me what I want to wear, sometimes she doesn't. Often I get to our destination with no idea what I have to wear. She usually has it mapped out for me each day. It works for us. We will be packing the night before most likely. Since it is supposed to be a surprise we are sending DD2 to grandma's the night before and will pack while DD1 is at school. Then we will pick her up from school and head out!
lol sounds about right i will pack for all 3 of us and know exactly what i want to pack and how it needs to be packed for access lol
Old 09-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #1860
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Countdown time....

1703 HOURS TO GO :cheer:

how do i find out hours lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: