Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #1816
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I plan to stay out of the hospital!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
Thats a good idea

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #1817
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer

I am sooooo stinkin nervous

We dont leave for 2 months...but we only just decided to do this trip a week ago.

Last time we booked almost a year 1/2 away...

Now I feel like I have a million things to do...but yet still don't.
ADR's for the most part are done,maybe just one more (famous last words right) but so far are not too shabby

Room/ tickets - done and paid for
Flights done

I think I'm just so stinkin excited that DH said yes...

Sorry just babbling

DS (9) DS (6) Dh ME
2000- All Star Music
2005- Sheraton Vistana
2010- Sheraton Vistana
2012- PORFQ
snarfblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #1818
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Morning all

good to see im not the only one freaking out..fortunately its not over the money portion, i have been penny pinching for a whole year and seeing our balance after we paid off the trip really made me happy. What i am freaking out about is that the school told me today if she misses more than 5 days we could be subjest to a penalty!!!! Has anyone had this issue?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #1819
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Here, after 3 absences, we get a call/letter from school and after 5 i think we have to go to a hearing.
PixiePrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #1820
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePrincesses View Post
Here, after 3 absences, we get a call/letter from school and after 5 i think we have to go to a hearing.
so what are your plans?? How many days will you miss?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #1821
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
I plan to stay out of the hospital!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
Morning all

good to see im not the only one freaking out..fortunately its not over the money portion, i have been penny pinching for a whole year and seeing our balance after we paid off the trip really made me happy. What i am freaking out about is that the school told me today if she misses more than 5 days we could be subjest to a penalty!!!! Has anyone had this issue?
we HAVE to get ours approved, After 5 days, they need a dr note and because my kids will be missing 6 days (5 for the trip) and one because we get back at 10pm sunday night THEN still need to drive home I am not sure if the kids will be able to go the next day!.... poor DH HAS to get up and go to work the next day bad planning on my part. good news is since I need the truck, I can unload it in the morning

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #1822
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Goood morning! 60 days til Disney!!

Rooms & dining are paid off
Purchasing MVMCP tix next week and i'll have our park ticket money next week, too
Still need to purchase Photopass+ and gather spending money, then i think we'll be set

I feel like i should be doing something Disney planning related, but can't think of anything that needs to be done at this time. Luckily, i've got a birthday party, Halloween party & Thanksgiving Dinner, among other things, to organize while i wait to finish packing.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #1823
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Good Morning!!!!!! I am slightly freaking out! I dont think we have enough spending money! I was looking at the bills and Im not sure(the way the dates fall) if I will be able to put much more in there. I have some bills coming up next month that I dont normally have -HOA, Water and Car tags- I feel like im gonna have a panic attack!
I was freaking out yesterday kind of over the same reasons but DH kept assuring me that all will be ok.

Quote:
I know how you feel...
We got the first of MANY hospital bills from my surgery... $750.
And it's getting closer to time to pay off the trip...

Tell me about it! Both younger DS and I had a couple issues the past few months and the medical bills are ridiculous. I got an $800 bill for just one test at the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!!

For those concerned about spending money, see if there is somewhere else you can tighten your belt. I am taking $ out of our regular budget in several areas and we're just getting by on less between now and our trip. From here on out, I'm staying clear of the Disney store and other online stores so I don't impulse spend. I am pretty disciplined, but occasionally I have been known to splurge.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Very good advice!!
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #1824
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982

so what are your plans?? How many days will you miss?
Mine are only missing 3 days, so i told the K teacher that i know school will contact me, and she said she'll give them a heads up and they may not contact me.
The few high school teachers i was able to talk to thus far about my oldest were fine with it, but the high school doesn't contact us about absences as "fiercely" as elementary.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #1825
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
we HAVE to get ours approved, After 5 days, they need a dr note and because my kids will be missing 6 days (5 for the trip) and one because we get back at 10pm sunday night THEN still need to drive home I am not sure if the kids will be able to go the next day!.... poor DH HAS to get up and go to work the next day bad planning on my part. good news is since I need the truck, I can unload it in the morning
he said he cant approve it be excused. what should i do?? im freaking out now
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #1826
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982
Morning all

Our district policy is after 8 days unexcused, the truancy officer gets involved. Excused is with doctor's note or principal's permission. Parent notes (Johnny stayed home because he had a bad cold...) are not excused, but they are required when they return to school if you don't have a doctor's note or advance permission. I sent in DS's request for an excused absence for the 5 days he will miss the other day, asking that they be excused because of the educational value of the trip. They approved it within 48 hours! What a relief, since he'd have been more than halfway to his 8 days if they hadn't. He only missed two days last year, but he missed 8 the prior year.

On the other side of the scale: My friend's daughter recently moved here from her mother's house in another district. She'd missed 46 days of school last year! But this only resulted in calls informing the mother of the absence, which she was somehow OK with, chalking it up to headaches (probably not the case most of the time), and no notes needed. It seems this district allows the kids to substitute community service work for time absent from school, up to 60 days, so all she had to do was spend this summer working with a church mission group and interning for my office, and she's free and clear, thanks to good test scores. I am still astonished by this. But it goes to show how much these policies vary.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #1827
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
Our district policy is after 8 days unexcused, the truancy officer gets involved. Excused is with doctor's note or principal's permission. Parent notes (Johnny stayed home because he had a bad cold...) are not excused, but they are required when they return to school if you don't have a doctor's note or advance permission. I sent in DS's request for an excused absence for the 5 days he will miss the other day, asking that they be excused because of the educational value of the trip. They approved it within 48 hours! What a relief, since he'd have been more than halfway to his 8 days if they hadn't. He only missed two days last year, but he missed 8 the prior year.

On the other side of the scale: My friend's daughter recently moved here from her mother's house in another district. She'd missed 46 days of school last year! But this only resulted in calls informing the mother of the absence, which she was somehow OK with, chalking it up to headaches (probably not the case most of the time), and no notes needed. It seems this district allows the kids to substitute community service work for time absent from school, up to 60 days, so all she had to do was spend this summer working with a church mission group and interning for my office, and she's free and clear, thanks to good test scores. I am still astonished by this. But it goes to show how much these policies vary.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)
i tried to get it excused. i wrote up a long letter explaing how it was educational and everything.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #1828
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

Please, do not feel that I am 'rubbing it in' and if you do, I apologize in advance! But after reading of many peoples nervousness about funds, on this and other threads, I feel much better than I had previously! And want to share my good feeling! DH is disabled and we live on a very tight yearly budget of just my income so I am a huge worrier when it comes to money. We have been saving or this trip since our last one 3 years ago, so I'm feeling really good about where I am at.

I paid off Disney 6 weeks go, bought plane tickets 8 week ago, pre-purchased photopass +, rental car reserved, Harmony Barber Shop reservations made, all ADR's made (using DDP), new suitcases and clothes for everyone AND have just over $2,000 saved for spending money (which I WAS worried about not having enough)!!

I am READY for 11/1! Yay!!!
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Whazzatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #1829
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
i tried to get it excused. i wrote up a long letter explaing how it was educational and everything.
Sounds like you might just have to accept the penalty, if the school chooses to enforce it. What is the penalty?

Here, if a high schooler misses too much school (8 days in one sememster, I think), they have to attend "Attendance Recovery" classes on Saturdays or before or after school to make up lost work. Also, if they miss more than 13 days in a semester, they are ineligible for participating in sports the following semester.

Elementary and middle school are not as strict- there is a rule that if a student misses more than a certain # of days in a year (20, I think??), they might not be promoted (I have never heard of any child actually not getting promoted bacause of this rule, though).
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #1830
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

We always went in August for free dining and the boys missed 5 days it put us in truancy but other than that they had perfect attendance they will be missing 4 in November for free dining

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
CarolinaMomOf3boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: