Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #1801
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy
 
TruBlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,682

1744 hours to go!!!


Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
2006-CSR 2007-POP, SSR 2008, 2009-POFQ 2010-Christmas with Mickey at AKL 2013-AKL
Me (Tracey) DH DS13 DS11


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow





TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #1802
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,136

Have you guys heard that BOG will be serving wine and beer for dinner meals only? I don't know how everyone feels, but I just hate for MK to no longer be "dry". I know it's just for dinner and won't be served "to go", but it just feels wrong to me for some reason. I am in the minority I know, and it won't ruin my visit and I won't lose sleep over it, just a bit disappointed is all. What do all of you think? (no right or wrong, just how we feel.)
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1803
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy
 
TruBlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
Have you guys heard that BOG will be serving wine and beer for dinner meals only? I don't know how everyone feels, but I just hate for MK to no longer be "dry". I know it's just for dinner and won't be served "to go", but it just feels wrong to me for some reason. I am in the minority I know, and it won't ruin my visit and I won't lose sleep over it, just a bit disappointed is all. What do all of you think? (no right or wrong, just how we feel.)
I'm thinking it will make that wait for Dumbo a little easier to take!


But seriously, it does make me a little sad. I don't think Walt would approve. . It's in FANTASY LAND, for Heaven's sake!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
2006-CSR 2007-POP, SSR 2008, 2009-POFQ 2010-Christmas with Mickey at AKL 2013-AKL
Me (Tracey) DH DS13 DS11


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow





TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #1804
AquaDame
Are we there yet?
 
AquaDame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PacNW
Posts: 2,504

Honestly I don't think he would have approved of it in ANY park and that ship has sailed, so I don't mind at MK. I'd still be ticked if they don't keep Disneyland dry though since it was HIS park and up till now they have kept that rule in memory of him as a person.
__________________
AquaDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #1805
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate
 
mommyof3princess27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 6,055

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9933

check out the food pics! I cant wait!
__________________


Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #1806
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"
 
MomofKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: charlotte,NC
Posts: 10,469

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Honestly I don't think he would have approved of it in ANY park and that ship has sailed, so I don't mind at MK. I'd still be ticked if they don't keep Disneyland dry though since it was HIS park and up till now they have kept that rule in memory of him as a person.
Disneyland isn't technically dry. Club 33 serves beer and wine. Not that the average Guest can eat there, but alcohol is served in DL.
__________________
Jenny me DH DD16 Purrcey, Lily, and GiGi
7/71 DL 7/73, 2/84, 2/93, 3/97 Offsite 7/02 CSR 11/04 POFQ 10/05 Pop
1/07 Offsite 10/07 offsite 5/08 offsite 1/09 offsite 11/10 offsite 11/12 ASMu 11/13 Pop
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #1807
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,868

Finally back after a very long hiatus from this thread! I have pretty much been checking for ADRs 3+ times a day. I don't care if I'm crazy. In other news, only 70 DAYS till I'm back at home!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/9933

check out the food pics! I cant wait!
*drools*
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #1808
AquaDame
Are we there yet?
 
AquaDame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PacNW
Posts: 2,504

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
Disneyland isn't technically dry. Club 33 serves beer and wine. Not that the average Guest can eat there, but alcohol is served in DL.
Roger that... most people haven't an ice cube's chance in a desert as to getting in there though!
__________________
AquaDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #1809
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate
 
mommyof3princess27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 6,055

Good Morning!!!!!! I am slightly freaking out! I dont think we have enough spending money! I was looking at the bills and Im not sure(the way the dates fall) if I will be able to put much more in there. I have some bills coming up next month that I dont normally have -HOA, Water and Car tags- I feel like im gonna have a panic attack!
__________________


Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #1810
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer
 
uscgmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Good Morning!!!!!! I am slightly freaking out! I dont think we have enough spending money! I was looking at the bills and Im not sure(the way the dates fall) if I will be able to put much more in there. I have some bills coming up next month that I dont normally have -HOA, Water and Car tags- I feel like im gonna have a panic attack!
I am having the same attack.... I just don't know how much is enough.
__________________
uscgmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #1811
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy
 
TruBlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27
Good Morning!!!!!! I am slightly freaking out! I dont think we have enough spending money! I was looking at the bills and Im not sure(the way the dates fall) if I will be able to put much more in there. I have some bills coming up next month that I dont normally have -HOA, Water and Car tags- I feel like im gonna have a panic attack!
I know how you feel...
We got the first of MANY hospital bills from my surgery... $750.
And it's getting closer to time to pay off the trip...

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
2006-CSR 2007-POP, SSR 2008, 2009-POFQ 2010-Christmas with Mickey at AKL 2013-AKL
Me (Tracey) DH DS13 DS11


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow





TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #1812
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate
 
mommyof3princess27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 6,055

I *think* I will be fine but I still wont know for a few weeks. I really want to know though. I wish I had all the doll hairs now! My goal was to have it all together by August 1st;/
__________________


Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #1813
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,136

Good Morning Everyone!!!

For those concerned about spending money, see if there is somewhere else you can tighten your belt. I am taking $ out of our regular budget in several areas and we're just getting by on less between now and our trip. From here on out, I'm staying clear of the Disney store and other online stores so I don't impulse spend. I am pretty disciplined, but occasionally I have been known to splurge.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #1814
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy
 
TruBlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27
I *think* I will be fine but I still wont know for a few weeks. I really want to know though. I wish I had all the doll hairs now! My goal was to have it all together by August 1st;/
Right now my only goal is to NOT max out the Disney Card!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
2006-CSR 2007-POP, SSR 2008, 2009-POFQ 2010-Christmas with Mickey at AKL 2013-AKL
Me (Tracey) DH DS13 DS11


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow





TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #1815
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy
 
TruBlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
Good Morning Everyone!!!

For those concerned about spending money, see if there is somewhere else you can tighten your belt. I am taking $ out of our regular budget in several areas and we're just getting by on less between now and our trip. From here on out, I'm staying clear of the Disney store and other online stores so I don't impulse spend. I am pretty disciplined, but occasionally I have been known to splurge.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
I plan to stay out of the hospital!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
2006-CSR 2007-POP, SSR 2008, 2009-POFQ 2010-Christmas with Mickey at AKL 2013-AKL
Me (Tracey) DH DS13 DS11


"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow





TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: