Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #1786
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Can ya'll see the smilies?
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #1787
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Can ya'll see the smilies?
i couldnt find that for my pay off announcement.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #1788
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

i feel like someone should throw us a parade of something since we are all paid off
Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #1789
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer

Ok so help me out.

When we check in and give our CC for all charges while there... tips, drinks, souvenirs etc.

Then when we go to check out, can I give them a gift card first, then the remaining balance after the gift card is applied can be put on the CC?

Or would it be easier to just use the gift card as we go till it runs out, then charge everything from then on to our room?

DS (9) DS (6) Dh ME
2000- All Star Music
2005- Sheraton Vistana
2010- Sheraton Vistana
2012- PORFQ
snarfblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #1790
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Yay!!!! I just paid off the remaining balance on the trip.
I also called and booked the Magical Express.

I feel like I still have so much to do since I really haven't been doing much the last 2 months. I still need to book the stroller, print all our confirmations, make the invites and tip envelopes and I still have one set of t-shirts to make. There's more of course but that's what comes to mind now.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #1791
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM

I feel like I still have so much to do since I really haven't been doing much the last 2 months. I still need to book the stroller, print all our confirmations, make the invites and tip envelopes and I still have one set of t-shirts to make. There's more of course but that's what comes to mind now.
What do you mean by invites?
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Whazzatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #1792
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
Just got off the phone with TA. Trip is paid and she made notes to see if we can take part in the fastpass testing!!!
I like the rainbows for paying off the trip! Yay for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Is that something you can ask for?

I haven't really been paying attention because I thought people were just randomly selected.

How does it work????

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
They were contacting September people by email to see if they wanted to participate. Don't know if they'll do that for each month or not. Not all Sept peeps got the email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designermv View Post
Hi everyone,
I don't know that I've posted in this thread other than to have my name added to the Nov 2012 roster. We paid off our trip last week so I'm finally getting excited!

When I booked our trip and paid for our airfare, I didn't realize I'd booked us to fly out of Reagan National on November 6, which is National Election Day. I'm sure security will be a blast with a toddler. Oy. Oh well, I got a great deal on airfare, I guess that's all that matters.
Rainbows for paying off your trip!! Great airfare is always a plus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Cool! I think I'll ask about it when we check in. You never know!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
Can't hurt, that's for sure!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #1793
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk View Post
What do you mean by invites?
It's dining invitations for the different restaurants we will be eating at that I will leave in the room for the kids to find from their favorite characters.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #1794
KatWI
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
It's dining invitations for the different restaurants we will be eating at that I will leave in the room for the kids to find from their favorite characters.
What an awesome idea!

Quote:

Do you mind if I ask what the tip envelopes are for?
KatWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #1795
KatWI
Earning My Ears

Question Budgeting for meals

THANKS so much for the WELCOME! It’s so cool to see others going at the same time as us! I’m so glad many think the weather should be great for Disney and the crowds not too bad.

We originally were only going to Disney for a few days because our niece lives about an hour away and we were flying in for her wedding. I convinced DH that we couldn’t get so close to Disney without going. Then my sister asked if I would take her kids with us. Had to talk to DH and DD17 about that…it’s completely different trip to take 3 kids. We soon realized how much fun it would be to take them and see Disney through their eyes too. So I began to plan the trip and booked the hotel. Then my niece changed her wedding date to AUGUST! I really didn’t want to go to Disney in August! So we crunched the numbers and although the budget is tight…we decided to do two separate trips! WOO HOO!

We have the following ADRs:
Akershus – Mon 11/5 - 1:25 pm (it’s a surprise-the kids don’t know)
Tusker House – Tues 11/6 - 8:00 am (my daughter knows, but the rest of the kids don’t)
Rainforest Café – Tues 11/6 - 4:00 pm
50’s Prime Time Café – Fri 11/9 – 12:15 pm
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater – Fri 11/9 – 3:10 pm

I’ve done a ton of research and have our days mostly planned out - using the Unofficial Guide and their Touring Website. I’m trying to have a plan for each day but not be too rigid and also “go with the flow”. We’re arriving Sunday 11/4 but I purposely didn’t plan anything for the day we arrive. I think we’ll just see how things go…depending on the weather and how everyone is feeling - we’ll just explore our hotel and go swimming.

We’re going to the parks Monday thru Friday. Then Saturday is another rest day – with nothing planned right now and we leave Sun 11/11.

We are on a tight budget and other then the ADR’s, we’re going to do Counter Service. I’d love to hear advice as to what the budget should be for food. We’re not planning on doing the dining plan. We’re going to use Garden Grocer to get some things delivered so we can eat breakfast in our room in the hopes this will save time and money. The one thing I’m really bummed about is that I very intentionally got a Travel Agent who specialized in Disney trips to get the best deal, but she never mentioned booking while there was free dining! I never even heard of it until I stumbled across these boards! That would have saved so much!

Anyone have an idea about how much the food will cost with the six of us?
KatWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #1796
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post
What an awesome idea!

Do you mind if I ask what the tip envelopes are for?
I usually use the for housekeeping tips. This time I might even use them for dining tips.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #1797
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfblatt View Post
Ok so help me out.

When we check in and give our CC for all charges while there... tips, drinks, souvenirs etc.

Then when we go to check out, can I give them a gift card first, then the remaining balance after the gift card is applied can be put on the CC?

Or would it be easier to just use the gift card as we go till it runs out, then charge everything from then on to our room?
It's totally up to you. I think it would be easy to charge everything to your room and then pay with the GC at check out. That way you don't have to take your gift cards with you to the parks. We usually pay as we go with the gift cards since we don't usually leave a cc on file.

Quote:

Yay for paying your trip off!!! I get all mushy when I board the ME. That's when my heart starts beating fast and I know I've arrived! You've just reminded me to print my tip envelopes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post
THANKS so much for the WELCOME! It’s so cool to see others going at the same time as us! I’m so glad many think the weather should be great for Disney and the crowds not too bad.

We originally were only going to Disney for a few days because our niece lives about an hour away and we were flying in for her wedding. I convinced DH that we couldn’t get so close to Disney without going. Then my sister asked if I would take her kids with us. Had to talk to DH and DD17 about that…it’s completely different trip to take 3 kids. We soon realized how much fun it would be to take them and see Disney through their eyes too. So I began to plan the trip and booked the hotel. Then my niece changed her wedding date to AUGUST! I really didn’t want to go to Disney in August! So we crunched the numbers and although the budget is tight…we decided to do two separate trips! WOO HOO!

We have the following ADRs:
Akershus – Mon 11/5 - 1:25 pm (it’s a surprise-the kids don’t know)
Tusker House – Tues 11/6 - 8:00 am (my daughter knows, but the rest of the kids don’t)
Rainforest Café – Tues 11/6 - 4:00 pm
50’s Prime Time Café – Fri 11/9 – 12:15 pm
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater – Fri 11/9 – 3:10 pm

I’ve done a ton of research and have our days mostly planned out - using the Unofficial Guide and their Touring Website. I’m trying to have a plan for each day but not be too rigid and also “go with the flow”. We’re arriving Sunday 11/4 but I purposely didn’t plan anything for the day we arrive. I think we’ll just see how things go…depending on the weather and how everyone is feeling - we’ll just explore our hotel and go swimming.

We’re going to the parks Monday thru Friday. Then Saturday is another rest day – with nothing planned right now and we leave Sun 11/11.

We are on a tight budget and other then the ADR’s, we’re going to do Counter Service. I’d love to hear advice as to what the budget should be for food. We’re not planning on doing the dining plan. We’re going to use Garden Grocer to get some things delivered so we can eat breakfast in our room in the hopes this will save time and money. The one thing I’m really bummed about is that I very intentionally got a Travel Agent who specialized in Disney trips to get the best deal, but she never mentioned booking while there was free dining! I never even heard of it until I stumbled across these boards! That would have saved so much!

Anyone have an idea about how much the food will cost with the six of us?
What a fun trip with your sister's kids included! You'll have a ball I'm sure. There is also miniature golf the kids might enjoy on your off days.

I can't help with the budget for food since it's just DH and I and we usually share meals, so haven't a clue. Your schedule sounds really good for the most part, but I was wondering about the day you have scheduled 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi so close together. Say you get seated right at your 12:15 time (not likely, but could happen). Then it takes close to 1 1/2 hours to order and eat. You'll get out at around 1:45. Then it's just a short time until eating again. Just wondering.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #1798
pkirkbri
Earning My Ears

Has anyone used a limo service to go to Disney from MCO airport?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #1799
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Just bought $250 worth of Disney giftcards!!!!

So excited! This makes me feel like my trip is really happening!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #1800
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Good for you!!!! That has to be super exciting!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: