Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #151
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAaronsmom09 View Post
I'm new here but have been following you girlies for a while my husband and I are taking our 2 yr old to DW for his 3rd birthday dates 11/18-11/23. Its all of our first times there and we're really excited. Now I gotta start looking into what we'll be doing once we're there
Here are some fun things to look at doing for him:
Pirate League
Harmony Barber shop haircut
Sorcerers at MK
Agent P missions at Epcot
Eat with Jake, Oso and Little Einsteins at H&V
of course you must eat with Mickey at some point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeNJ View Post
FWIW, I was there for soft openings of Dumbo in March. It was certainly not something MK advertised. There were a few CM at the entrance to that area (right by Tea Cups). I knew to ask them when it would be open that day but I can guess not many other people did. Who else knows what a "soft opening" is other than Dis'ers and other Disney fanatics? As large as you might think that number is, it's small in comparison to who's in the park that day. Since the expansion won't be officially open, they won't be shouting it from the roof tops November 19-December 5. You'd have to be in the vicinity to see that it's open. For us that day, it opening at 12pm which didn't work into our plans so we skipped it. Others will too, especially if that area doesn't pertain to them, ie people with older kids.
Yeah, the general public has no clue what a soft opening is. I really think there will be soft openings prior to Nov 19th, but just my guess. Nov 19th is thanksgiving week- i just can't imagine them opening it for the first time (even for soft opening) during such a busy week. I think there will be short soft opening hours prior to Nov 19th- that are NOT published anywhere, much unlike this "preview" is.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #152
vleeth
I heart Disney

Have any of you done Jedi Training before?
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #153
MichaelAaronsmom09
WDW 1st timers!

I will be staying at the All star music...don't really know if I made a good choice, but the hotel looked nice =). Where can I find that book? Cause I certainly don't know how to go about planning this trip, and the day keeps getting closer and closer! =/
MichaelAaronsmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #154
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Here are some fun things to look at doing for him:
Pirate League
Harmony Barber shop haircut
Sorcerers at MK
Agent P missions at Epcot
Eat with Jake, Oso and Little Einsteins at H&V
of course you must eat with Mickey at some point!

Yeah, the general public has no clue what a soft opening is. I really think there will be soft openings prior to Nov 19th, but just my guess. Nov 19th is thanksgiving week- i just can't imagine them opening it for the first time (even for soft opening) during such a busy week. I think there will be short soft opening hours prior to Nov 19th- that are NOT published anywhere, much unlike this "preview" is.
I really hope they have a soft opening beginning of Nov. We will be there Nov 1-6 and it would be nice to see the new expansion. Maybe we'll be able to grab a CS lunch at BOG.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #155
jgbills
Earning My Ears

We were going to surprise our boys, 9 and 6 about a week before our 1st trip to Disney in November, but now I'm starting to second-guess that idea. I wonder if we should surprise them with it in the next few weeks, so they'll get to participate in all the planning and just get in the spirit of going.

All summer they've been bummed out because we didn't go anywhere on vacation, meanwhile, DH and I know why... because we're saving for our trip in November! Hearing them ask why we haven't had a vacation is really wearing me down.

I'd love to hear what you think about surprises for the 1st trip. Is it worth it?

Thanks
jgbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #156
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbills View Post
We were going to surprise our boys, 9 and 6 about a week before our 1st trip to Disney in November, but now I'm starting to second-guess that idea. I wonder if we should surprise them with it in the next few weeks, so they'll get to participate in all the planning and just get in the spirit of going.

All summer they've been bummed out because we didn't go anywhere on vacation, meanwhile, DH and I know why... because we're saving for our trip in November! Hearing them ask why we haven't had a vacation is really wearing me down.

I'd love to hear what you think about surprises for the 1st trip. Is it worth it?

Thanks

When does school start? Maybe once it starts they'll be too busy to ask about vacation.

I'm surprising my DD7 2 weeks before we leave. That will be plenty of time for her to to get excited about it without it being too long of a wait. (And driving me crazy about not being able to wait!)

We didn't do a vacation this summer either. We went to a children's museum and a science museum when they had a free day and we also went to the circus. That seemed to be enough for her.

In the end, its up to you and what you think is best for your kids.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #157
DalmationGal29
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks
We are also planning this trip as a surprise for our 2 DDs.

The beginning of our trip starts with driving to KY to pick up our oldest DD12 (actually my step-DD who lives with her mother). Once we have both girls we will surprise them before we start our drive to FL.

Still working on the big reveal. I am making them shirts that say "Surprise You are Going to Disney". But we will be in a hotel in KY so I am not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

DalmationGal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #158
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer

so upset with myself.was doing great on shirts then i have to go ruin mine and then got color on iron and ruined dd too...grr think i need a break
Old 08-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #159
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
so upset with myself.was doing great on shirts then i have to go ruin mine and then got color on iron and ruined dd too...grr think i need a break
Oh no...so sorry about that.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #160
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Major changes in the Miller house hold today.

We just changed our resort to . .. . ..

ANIMAL KINGDOM JAMBO HOUSE

We stayed last year at VWL so after much discussion I got hubby to agree to AoA. I caught him today (closet Disney fan) surfing around and crunching some numbers related to AKL villas. I have to say I am over the moon. I cannt wait to stay at this resort.

Now for that breakfast ressie at Boma oh yes our first day Nov 10th 7:30am yes please
Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #161
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAaronsmom09 View Post
I will be staying at the All star music...don't really know if I made a good choice, but the hotel looked nice =). Where can I find that book? Cause I certainly don't know how to go about planning this trip, and the day keeps getting closer and closer! =/
If you are talking about the unofficial guide. You can get it at most book stores and online at Amazon. There are several books for doing Disney with kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Major changes in the Miller house hold today.

We just changed our resort to . .. . ..

ANIMAL KINGDOM JAMBO HOUSE

We stayed last year at VWL so after much discussion I got hubby to agree to AoA. I caught him today (closet Disney fan) surfing around and crunching some numbers related to AKL villas. I have to say I am over the moon. I cannt wait to stay at this resort.

Now for that breakfast ressie at Boma oh yes our first day Nov 10th 7:30am yes please
How awesome for ya'll.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #162
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Still trying to get an ADR at Le Cellier for lunch cause we don't want to use 2 credits on it next time. Other then that I've started a list of things for our next trip:
See ALL of the fantasyland expansion
Eat at Kona, CRT, Yak & Yeti and Garden Grille
Ride the new Test Track and all the other rides & shows we miss this time
Stay @ a monorail resort and a boardwalk resort
Old 08-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #163
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:

Thanks
thats why we told my girls! We did a scavenger hunt...Ill post it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glnMd6nq-r8&feature=plcp

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #164
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
Still trying to get an ADR at Le Cellier for lunch cause we don't want to use 2 credits on it next time. Other then that I've started a list of things for our next trip:
See ALL of the fantasyland expansion
Eat at Kona, CRT, Yak & Yeti and Garden Grille
Ride the new Test Track and all the other rides & shows we miss this time
Stay @ a monorail resort and a boardwalk resort
Since we have a family of 5, our next trip will again be at the Poly OR POR....which is fine I guess. I really wanted to stay at AKL.... one day. I have places to eat too and they include Yak and Yeti and Kona too LOL

Im hoping for our next trip to be in 2014(fall)

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #165
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

We're surprising out DDs (ages 6, 3, & 1.5) the morning of our trip. It is KILLING me to wait, but I KNOW it will be worth it -- especially since my 6 y/o is quite the drama queen, I know she will makes such a huge show when she finds out

We are planning on putting their suitcases (already packed) in a wrapped box with a note that says "open me" and the box will have Disney balloons in it with attached signs that say "Grab your bags" and "You're going to Disney World TODAY!"

That's not where the surprises end, though... we aren't telling them ANYTHING -- nothing about where we are staying (Finding Nemo suite), any of our character meals or the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique... and best of all, not a word about our "Good Bye" breakfast the day we leave at Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle.

I really can't wait!!!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, WL

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: