Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #31
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I'm so in.....Laura recruited me!

Jill in CO
Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #32
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
PSSST.....I love your avatar pic on here
PSSST thanks so much
Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #33
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm love with the trip report so far! I don't know that I would ever attempt a 45 hour drive from California to Florida! I must agree with you that Texas is a horrible gosh-forsaken State to drive through/across Been there, done that on a 26 hour drive from Louisiana to Colorado. Just miles and miles of nothingness.

It was great to hear that you escaped the wrath of the hitchiker at the gas station. What kind of idiot gave him a lift in the first place? Don't they read the road signs?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #34
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

I'm in also! Couldn't resist your TR name. I currently live in Texas (but wasn't born or raised her so don't consider myself a Texan). I live just outside of San Antonio (super fun town, but not very exciting as seen from interstate 10) and have made the trip from San Antonio to El Paso several times in the past year (its a long story, but the short version is that it is for school) and that trip goes on for FOREVER. The wind farms are cool though and you can't beat the fact that the speed limit goes up to 80 mph out in West Texas!! Talk about burning up the miles

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
HoliPoli
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
I'm in also! Couldn't resist your TR name. I currently live in Texas (but wasn't born or raised her so don't consider myself a Texan). I live just outside of San Antonio (super fun town, but not very exciting as seen from interstate 10) and have made the trip from San Antonio to El Paso several times in the past year (its a long story, but the short version is that it is for school) and that trip goes on for FOREVER. The wind farms are cool though and you can't beat the fact that the speed limit goes up to 80 mph out in West Texas!! Talk about burning up the miles
Glad you wrote that about San Antonio! It is the one Texas city that I absolutely adore. The River Walk is amazing and there is so much to do and see yet it's not too touristy. I loved the Alamo and FIESTA! Can't wait to go back, but I'm flying there. No driving through Texas and smelling Houston again - EVER.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #36
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Loving the road trip ! We are from New Mexico and can just picture your excitement over the rocks !

Have driven through Texas a few times and can understand it can go on forever !

I can't wait to hear about the other states you travel through !

This is gonna be a fun trip, can't wait !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
LuvindisCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #37
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
Can't wait for more. I love your writing style. I'll give you a plug on my report (did I mention I have one?). Maybe you'll get two more readers.
Laura bribed her readers, BTW. Anyway, she got me here. Great report so far.

Hi Laura
Old 08-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #38
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hi! Laura sent me too!

I'm loving the TR so far! You're hilarious and I can't wait to read more.

Moth City, Hitchhiker--both very creepy. I would have died!

I have such great memories of road trips with friends. My favorite was a non-stop drive from Chicago to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I also got stuck with most of the driving-especially overnight. However my show tunes wingman fell asleep and deserted me. Very disappointing.

There was so much more that I wanted to comment on, but it's late and I'm old. I've forgotten.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #39
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMg aggghhhhh I would've died!!!!
Quite a few times we thought we were going to!!!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #40
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
It's not a road trip without Denny's and their wide selection of Slams!

It's really not! They have something for everybody...in copious amounts!!

Wow! That's like a road trip MIRACLE! And I think one should take all opportunities to leap around...you never know how long it may be before the next one!

I KNOW!!! Seriously should have gone out and got a lotto ticket after that!
We leap around every chance we get haha I promise

That's what makes Denny's the high-class establishment that it is...complimentary toothpicks!

Hahahaha exactly! They sure know how to keep it classy!

Been there, done that!

No joke, the clusters of 'interesting' rocks really split up the hours of nothing

At least they posted helpful warning signs!

YES! And we tried to follow those rules and yet we still almost got murdered. You can't win!

I would have flat out freaked out!
And probably screamed!

Oh you have my word that there was freaking out and screaming aplenty!

Thank goodness you got away safe and sound!

I know! Although unfortunately that wasn't the only time we feared for our lives that trip!

I'm sure there's something seriously wrong with me, but this made me LOL, for real!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #41
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliPoli View Post
I'm totally enthralled!

And I know what you mean about Texas - Texans are nice and all, but I avoid that state like the plague.

At the end I literally gasped aloud and whispered, "Ohhh, did somebody get arrested?"

Can't wait.
Texans are lovely and I actually can't wait to go back there and explore some of the cities I am interested in. I probably just won't drive through it again on highway 10....

Hmmm you will have to wait and see That's too funny that you reacted out loud. I am always making noises when I read trip reports... Josh thinks I am a little crazy but at least you guys understand!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #42
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

I'm in! This is one of the most entertaining TR I've read. Road trips can be very interesting, looking forward to your next installment!

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #43
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
Love your report so far! I'm eager to hear about a non-stop cross country journey and I think you may be crazy. But I like crazy.

I would classify myself as quite crazy so I am glad you approve
Makes life a little more interesting...

Some things:

My husband and I also got married in Vegas but I opted to not have Elvis marry us. Elvis was not happy.

Oh my gosh, our Elvis was the biggest jerk!! He did NOT want to be there.
It actually made the day even more amazing and hilarious- we could not stop laughing at his disinterest in the whole event. Even in our photos you can even see how much he had just 'checked out'. I can totally see the appeal of the no Elvis wedding haha

I am also a bad trip reporter (um, you can click the link at the bottom if anyone wants to, just saying) and didn't take pictures of food. But really there are so many, so why add to the mass?

Totally checking yours out when I finish this! You are right, so many amazing food pictures on here already. Also I am vegetarian, gluten free with limited dairy so a lot of people aren't exactly enthralled by the type of foods I eat

Moth City? EEEEEK! I would have remained in the car.

I honestly think if the moths are taking up every inch of air at your gas station you should offer some other method of filling up cars...

I CANNOT believe the wallet and pillow were recovered! Amazing! Will that be good karma for the rest of the trip? Hmmm. Trying to decide if good things happening or bad things happening make a better trip report. I'm sure you'll make either funny.

I honestly can't believe it either!! It was a nice little taste of good luck before all the bad luck that followed unfortunately! But it is hilarious bad luck which is always good in hindsight. That's so sweet! Thank you!!

Many, many years ago I worked at Denny's. I'm sorry.

Don't ever apologise for that! Denny's saved us many a time when nothing was open and our stomachs were screaming for mountains of food!

Why do men think beef jerky is good traveling food? My husband thinks so and also thought it would be good waiting-for-the-birth-of-our-daughter food. He was wrong.

Ok men here is a hint: If it makes the car smell like musty beef for hours after consumption,it's not the ideal car trip food.... or pre birth of your child food for that matter!

Do 5-hour energy drinks work?

Um yes and no... the no is a very dramatic chapter all on it's own.

So scary that the hitchhiker showed up again. Are you sure this isn't the plot for Harold and Kuman Go to White Castle?

SO SCARY! Who picked him up??
It's starting to sound that way isn't it.

Can't wait for more. I love your writing style. I'll give you a plug on my report (did I mention I have one?). Maybe you'll get two more readers.
Thank you so much for the plug!! That is the sweetest thing!! I'm excited to check your TR out too
Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #44
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm so in.....Laura recruited me!

Jill in CO
Welcome!!! Hope you enjoy it!!
And yay Laura, that is awesome
Old 08-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #45
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm love with the trip report so far! I don't know that I would ever attempt a 45 hour drive from California to Florida! I must agree with you that Texas is a horrible gosh-forsaken State to drive through/across Been there, done that on a 26 hour drive from Louisiana to Colorado. Just miles and miles of nothingness.

Awh thank you!!!
It really is something to drive that far without stopping properly, and the Texas part was soooo long!
I think there were tears of joy when we finally got out!
But in all seriousness it's mainly just the route it takes through Texas. On our way back we took a different route and we thoroughly enjoyed Texas.
My beef is all with highway 10!!!

It was great to hear that you escaped the wrath of the hitchiker at the gas station. What kind of idiot gave him a lift in the first place? Don't they read the road signs?

I DON'T KNOW!!! Who would pick someone like that up?
Come one people, read your road signs and leave the murderers to the professionals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Welcome!! Aw thanks! The alligator part is coming up and it is really one of those mental images that never leaves!!
Actually my sister works in the sleep/medical industry and they just had their international conference in San Antonio and her pictures were stunning! She stayed right along the riverwalk and every morning she just wandered down there to get coffee. Looks so so pretty!

It literally did feel like forever! Haha I know, you can really fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
Loving the road trip ! We are from New Mexico and can just picture your excitement over the rocks !

Have driven through Texas a few times and can understand it can go on forever !
I can't wait to hear about the other states you travel through !

This is gonna be a fun trip, can't wait !
Haha glad you understand! The rocks literally made us squeal and shriek with delight a little too much.
When rocks start having that effect on you, you know you have been driving for a little too long.
And YES Texas really really dragged!

What are these 'other states' you speak of? All I remember is Texas!!

Fun times are ahead, I can promise you that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Laura bribed her readers, BTW. Anyway, she got me here. Great report so far.

Welcome!!! Happy to have you along for the ride!
Good work to Laura! I am all for old fashioned bribery

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: