Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #166
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

So excited for you! What a fun girls trip.

Definitely time for a new mug. A new mug is my primary souvenir goal each trip! Personally, I might use that as an excuse to check out every resort shop.

Ok maybe not EVERY one... but something from AOA would be cool. I heard they have some resort specific merch but haven't actually checked it out.

Have you seen the Tervis tumblers? not a mug either but supposedly good for hot. I've only tried it for cold items but it is the bomb and are supposedly popping up all over WDW. I bought one at Vero and wish I'd gotten more...and may in Oct.

I still kind of wish I'd bought myself a Gryffindor one. Bought one for my dad but not for me. Miss on my part.

Hmmn...it's not Disney but they might have Thing 1 Thing 2 mugs at IOA.

I thought of you as I ate swedish fish the other night.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #167
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

AHAHA I love that you specify your latte was only made with 1 sugar lol,sugar/caffeine crash anyone??? teehee AND YAYYYYYYYY you're going very soon and so am I woot wew!!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #168
amazingact21
Upendi

Ahhhh, that's awesome! 9 nights in Orlando! Sounds like you and Darcy are going to have a great time, and I'm sure you'll find an great replacement mug. I'm pretty sure they are a common item in stores, so if you go to World of Disney or the Emporium in MK you should be able to find some.

By the way, love your nails! Especially the Disney "D"!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #169
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

You know, when people in Australia pick up and run off to WDW for a replacement coffee mug it makes it reallllly hard for those of us along the eastern seaboard of the U.S. to do the responsible thing and stay at work. I mean, we're already fighting an uphill battle against fuzzy Disney-math and now you go and do this.

Well, try to have a good time and I hope you find the perfect mug. Heck, while you're at it, get 2.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #170
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Yay! Getting a new mug is TOTALLY a great reason to go to WDW! I bought that set of nail polish for my 3 1/2 yo niece....and I bought the big bottles for Auntie Jill.

Jill in CO
Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #171
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

I love it when the universe sends obvious messages such as, "Get thee hence to WDW immediately to replace your travel mug!" I mean, seriously, it doesn't get much clearer than that!

Your mom is the cutest thing in her Mickey ears!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #172
marmalade
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, this is the funniest TR I have ever read! You had no other options but to book another trip to get another mug. I mean seriously what were you supposed to do, drink out of a non-disney mug?

I can't wait for the next update!
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #173
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

You've shown remarkable restraint in waiting this long to travel to WDW to replace the mug. I commend you.

Tervis tumblers are great for hot bevs too. I use mine for tea all the time!

Have an amazing trip--you know we're going to make you do a TR for that one too right?
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #174
jane2073
DIS Veteran

As a fellow coffee (and Disney!) lover, I think your reason for the trip is very valid!

There are some insanely cute new ceramic travel mugs out now. How ever they are easily crack able/ breakable.
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #175
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great trip! Having to go to WDW to replace a mug is as good a reason as any! I hope you find an amazing mug! Have a great trip!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #176
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you that you got to go on another trip, but also happy for myself because hopefully that means another TR from you.

I can't believe your keys were not there when you arrived from home. Honestly, they should have given you a check for the price of the hotel you had to stay in just to get some rest. That's just ridiculous! However, I (as usual) very much appreciate your stunning artwork. Keep it comin!!!

I hope you had the best trip ever and I can not wait to hear all about it and more about the trip from this TR!! Woooo!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #177
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I just got the chance to get started and catch up on your trip, but that's so awesome that you were able to go back so soon! I hope you had a great time and can't wait to hear about it!

Okay, this may end up being long winded.

Wait....you drove from California to Florida with no stops but gas! OMG, that's insane.

No shame in staying offsite, we've all done it before.

I also have never had dining reservations before too. No judgment here.

Food pictures take time....I used to constantly forget to take pictures.

Look at you making a fancy dancy laminated driving schedule. My road trips have never ever been that organized.

Listen, at least if you breathed in all of those moths, you had sustenance for a while.....

Oh jeez, that's totally something my Dad has done! Leaving his wallet / phone / head on the top of the car and driving off! That's amazing that they were still there!

Only in Texas would they post a sign like that. And only in Texas would they post at a Pediatrician's office "please leave your guns inside the car". No joke....my cousin lives in Texas.

You are correct....some people just look like murderers.

It only takes one person in your group to make you get pulled over by border patrol.

4am dinners at Denny's do tend to be a bit strange. I think I have found myself under some tables there too.

Road trips....the result of which is always scary looking hair and skin. My least favorite part.

Most times, when you go into a mens bathroom, you don't know how you got there. Don't overthink it.

Woo hoo, out of Texas!!!!

You didn't know that turtles made suicide pacts? They can't stand the fact that they move so slowly. They just can't take it anymore.

Oh no, that poor turtle! I'm so sad.....

Back in 5 minutes? When you have to pee?! That's no joke dude.

I have peed in a bush before. I admit that wholly and freely.

I would have named my GPS Janet. In case you have to dammit......

I find your trust falls story to be hysterical. Because honestly, everything is hilarious when you've been awake for that long.

I have not fallen asleep in a strangers driveway. I have backed into a mailbox in a strangers driveway from lack of sleep on a road trip though....

I am totally going to start drawing on my trips on my iPad. You have inspired me.

Caffeine overload = no joke.

I could not have imagined what that felt like, getting there and having no way to get into your vacation home. Grrrr....

Congratulations on your promotion at work btw.

I totally have some of those Minnie Mouse polishes.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #178
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
So excited for you! What a fun girls trip.

Thanks!!! It was beyond awesome!!!!

Definitely time for a new mug. A new mug is my primary souvenir goal each trip! Personally, I might use that as an excuse to check out every resort shop.

Haha exactly! You can never have enough mugs!! And yes, that is what I used it for

Ok maybe not EVERY one... but something from AOA would be cool. I heard they have some resort specific merch but haven't actually checked it out.

Haha I went to a LOT though. AOA did have pretty good merch, not a whole lot of extra mug choice though.
The gift shop was pretty impressive if I do say so myself!

Have you seen the Tervis tumblers? not a mug either but supposedly good for hot. I've only tried it for cold items but it is the bomb and are supposedly popping up all over WDW. I bought one at Vero and wish I'd gotten more...and may in Oct.

Ahhh I did see them but I ended up going a different direction. They really are popping up everywhere though!

Hmmn...it's not Disney but they might have Thing 1 Thing 2 mugs at IOA.

Ahhh I LOVE all the Thing 1 and Thing 2 merch at IOA! Actually all the Suess stuff is so cute!! Although on this trip I saw two girls walking through WDW wearing 'drunk 1' and 'drunk 2' shirts. Hmmm

I thought of you as I ate swedish fish the other night.
Hoorayyy!!!! That is awesome! I can't even tell you how many bags of swedish fish I brought home!!!! Best ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
AHAHA I love that you specify your latte was only made with 1 sugar lol,sugar/caffeine crash anyone??? teehee AND YAYYYYYYYY you're going very soon and so am I woot wew!!!!
Haha I know! So specific!
Ahhhh it was soooo good! I trust you had an amazing time as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Ahhhh, that's awesome! 9 nights in Orlando! Sounds like you and Darcy are going to have a great time, and I'm sure you'll find an great replacement mug. I'm pretty sure they are a common item in stores, so if you go to World of Disney or the Emporium in MK you should be able to find some.

It was soooooo goooood!!!! I did find my replacement mug
They are a very common item but it just had to be the right one you know?
I am way too particular about what I drink my coffee from

By the way, love your nails! Especially the Disney "D"!

Awh thanks!! I think they chipped after a few days but still fun to do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
You know, when people in Australia pick up and run off to WDW for a replacement coffee mug it makes it reallllly hard for those of us along the eastern seaboard of the U.S. to do the responsible thing and stay at work. I mean, we're already fighting an uphill battle against fuzzy Disney-math and now you go and do this.

I know! I am just making your life way too difficult!
I honestly don't know how you fight that battle each day, you are stronger than me my friend. If there wasn't an ocean between Disney and I...there would be trouble!

Well, try to have a good time and I hope you find the perfect mug. Heck, while you're at it, get 2.

I had a fantastic time- only got one mug though. That way if/when I drop this one and it starts to leak... I can start planning
again
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yay! Getting a new mug is TOTALLY a great reason to go to WDW! I bought that set of nail polish for my 3 1/2 yo niece....and I bought the big bottles for Auntie Jill.

Jill in CO
I thought so too!! Totally
They are such a cute set!! I don't think we got the big ones...silly Australia!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #179
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I love it when the universe sends obvious messages such as, "Get thee hence to WDW immediately to replace your travel mug!" I mean, seriously, it doesn't get much clearer than that!

I know right? Who am I to go against the universes wishes??
Especially when it is that clear!
I do what I am told by Mr Universe!!

Your mom is the cutest thing in her Mickey ears!

Awwhh thanks, I'll let her know. Good to know where I get my obsession from!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
Oh my gosh, this is the funniest TR I have ever read! You had no other options but to book another trip to get another mug. I mean seriously what were you supposed to do, drink out of a non-disney mug?

Thanks!!! That is so sweet!!
Exactly! What else was I going to do. Ugh a non disney mug??? Neverrrrrrr!!!

I can't wait for the next update!
Thanks! Now I'm back I should have one up shortly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
You've shown remarkable restraint in waiting this long to travel to WDW to replace the mug. I commend you.

Thank you!! I really had coffee dripping down my chin for far too long!

Tervis tumblers are great for hot bevs too. I use mine for tea all the time!

Ahhhh now I'm thinking I should have got one of those as well... better turn around and go back!

Have an amazing trip--you know we're going to make you do a TR for that one too right?

Wow you're going to make me? But yes!! Far too much ridiculousness happened to not report
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
As a fellow coffee (and Disney!) lover, I think your reason for the trip is very valid!

Thank you for your support!! Clearly I NEEDED to go!

There are some insanely cute new ceramic travel mugs out now. How ever they are easily crack able/ breakable.

Yeahhh I am the klutz queen! I needed something durable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Sounds like a great trip! Having to go to WDW to replace a mug is as good a reason as any! I hope you find an amazing mug! Have a great trip!

Thanks!! I thought so too! I found a great mug so it all went to plan
Can't wait to share all the adventures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you that you got to go on another trip, but also happy for myself because hopefully that means another TR from you.

Awwh yay! I cant wait to tell you all about it!!! I may have even taken a frog fish photo in your honour!

I can't believe your keys were not there when you arrived from home. Honestly, they should have given you a check for the price of the hotel you had to stay in just to get some rest. That's just ridiculous! However, I (as usual) very much appreciate your stunning artwork. Keep it comin!!!

Ughghghhhhhh worst feeling ever!!!! They ended up refunding us a bit for that but still...the emotional trauma lives on!
Thanks for appreciating my 'artwork'. I tried my best to capture that awful moment!!

I hope you had the best trip ever and I can not wait to hear all about it and more about the trip from this TR!! Woooo!!

Ahhhh it really was THE BEST!!! Well chapters ahoy and then I'll be onto the new one! Many crazy stories to tell!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #180
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I just got the chance to get started and catch up on your trip, but that's so awesome that you were able to go back so soon! I hope you had a great time and can't wait to hear about it!

Ahhh it was SO good! I can't wait to tell you all stories!

Okay, this may end up being long winded.

All good! I enjoy long winded comments

Wait....you drove from California to Florida with no stops but gas! OMG, that's insane.

Ahhhh it was crazy! It really sounded a lot easier than it was lol

No shame in staying offsite, we've all done it before.

haha no judgement here- sometimes you need to do what you need to do to go to the world

I also have never had dining reservations before too. No judgment here.

Considering I ate Mickey bars for 95% of my meals, I was all good!

Food pictures take time....I used to constantly forget to take pictures.

It's so hard to remember sometimes...especially when you are super hungry (and all you eat is mickey bars)

Look at you making a fancy dancy laminated driving schedule. My road trips have never ever been that organized.

Yeah well look where all that organization got me!!??

Listen, at least if you breathed in all of those moths, you had sustenance for a while.....

Ugh I don't know if you have ever eaten a moth, but they taste as awful as you imagine they would...

Oh jeez, that's totally something my Dad has done! Leaving his wallet / phone / head on the top of the car and driving off! That's amazing that they were still there!

Ahhh my dad has done it a bunch of times with library books Oh dads!

Only in Texas would they post a sign like that. And only in Texas would they post at a Pediatrician's office "please leave your guns inside the car". No joke....my cousin lives in Texas.

Oh my lord. That is so disturbing!!!

You are correct....some people just look like murderers.

Totally! Glad you can agree with me there!

It only takes one person in your group to make you get pulled over by border patrol.

It only takes one gangsta tank top with backwards baseball hat combo...

4am dinners at Denny's do tend to be a bit strange. I think I have found myself under some tables there too.

I'm sure I wasn't the first or the last to climb under a strangers table at Denny's at some ungodly hour.

Road trips....the result of which is always scary looking hair and skin. My least favorite part.

Ugh everyone looks so scary after being in a car for days!

Most times, when you go into a mens bathroom, you don't know how you got there. Don't overthink it.

That is some good life advice right there my friend!

Woo hoo, out of Texas!!!!

I knowwwww!!!!!

You didn't know that turtles made suicide pacts? They can't stand the fact that they move so slowly. They just can't take it anymore.

It was ridiculous! Stop killing yourselves! Life is worthwhile!

Oh no, that poor turtle! I'm so sad.....

Ugh it was awful! We really did cry...

Back in 5 minutes? When you have to pee?! That's no joke dude.

It was no joke, it was awful! I nearly leaped into his arms when he appeared with the keys!!!

I have peed in a bush before. I admit that wholly and freely.

Ahhh as have I. But when you gotta go...

I would have named my GPS Janet. In case you have to dammit......

Bahahahaha Aaaaand now I am breaking into song. Hooray!

I find your trust falls story to be hysterical. Because honestly, everything is hilarious when you've been awake for that long.

Hooray! Im glad you found it funny!
We were soooo overtired at this stage!

I have not fallen asleep in a strangers driveway. I have backed into a mailbox in a strangers driveway from lack of sleep on a road trip though....

Oh no!! How did you manage that? That is too funny!!!

I am totally going to start drawing on my trips on my iPad. You have inspired me.

Yay! It's so much fun, especially when you're in a car for dayyyyss!

Caffeine overload = no joke.

That bit was not very funny...

I could not have imagined what that felt like, getting there and having no way to get into your vacation home. Grrrr....

I had never been more upset and angry and disappointed and tired. EVER!

Congratulations on your promotion at work btw.

Thanks!! It's been very full on though...the break at WDW was wonderful!

I totally have some of those Minnie Mouse polishes.

They are sooo cute!!
I hope that was a enough of a longwinded reply!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: