Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #151
amazingact21
Upendi

Oh man, I would've lost it too. Just. Lost. It. All that driving and all those crazy encounters and you finally make it to your home and you can see the inside of the house and can practically see the bed and you can't get past the front door.

At least you guys were finally able to rest up and finally relax. I bet all that sleep and pool time made you feel a million times better.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #152
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Oh. My. Goodness. Your drawing captured the horror of no key perfectly! I hope you had some very STRONG words with them later!

A day of sleeping, swimming, and Swedish fish sounds like a fine way to recuperate from the journey to Orlando!

I love the "magical and evil" discussion...Maleficent is Disney proof that it happens!
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #153
Liberator
Mouseketeer

I LOVE the no-key-reaction-drawing!!!
well, I love the whole story

Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #154
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

OMG, I would have PO'd if the key wasn't there! Someone would be issuing me one night's refund.

Is that unicorn pooping rainbows?

Jill in CO
Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #155
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ughhhh I can't believe the key wasn't there!!! I would have probably died! Glad you guys decided to check into a hotel and not sleep on the grass! Can't wait for your first DISNEY DAY!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #156
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Oh my, that had to be the last straw....I'm glad no one died or brought about death as a result.

Evil and magical? Well of course! He-who-shall-not-be-named could be exhibit A, don't you think?
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #157
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Oh my!! I am a native Californian, transplanted to TX. As I read your trip report, I first thought, "wow, cool!" :. That was prior to you reaching the killer moths!!! (me digging one out of my mouth, out of sympathy)!

Then you get stopped by the border patrol?!, where they make your pillows and car smelly?!

Then you hit Texas! I'll just say that having lived here for over 5 years, I have never experienced any of the things you have. Sorry that you were not pleased by Texas and that you only got to experience the things you did.

Our first time traveling to WDW, our surreal moments were in Louisiana, near the Louisian/TX border and in Northern FL. We didn't deal with killer moths that trip, but with love bugs! I had never heard of them before or even seen one. It was so wierd though, as on the way home, we saw them until about 10 miles before the TX border, than they just poof, disappeared?!

Loved your hyper, laughing, bathroom mishap, trust fall end of the trip!! The ride there would have made me want to stay in Florida to avoid the ride back!

Looking very forward to more adventures! I am so happy you finally got some sleep!!!!!! Just reading this far made me feel Well, that and the fact that I worked all weekend, nights, have to work tomorrow and wedn. nights and we leave on our LONG drive Thursday!!!!!

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #158
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Oh, I could just feel the horror of it all !

But, I am so glad you are there !

Yay! yay !

Let the fun begin, can't wait to hear bout the Disney adventures !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
LuvindisCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #159
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

That sounds like sheer horror. I am so sorry that yall went through that... ugh. I'm glad you had a day to sleep though. I bet that felt amazing!

Can't wait to hear about your first DISNEY DAY!!!!

P.S. That evil magical unicorn is hilarious.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #160
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

First of all you can definately be magical and evil at the same time. Without the bad magic creatures/people who would the good magic people/creatures fight?

Now that we have that out of the way. I can't believe there was no key there!!! You should have asked the house rental people to reimburse you the cost of your motel stay. But, I totally get why you didn't. When you are that tired there just isn't any fight left in you. Glad you finally got into your house and WalMart is always good for some humor .

ps - I LOVE Swedish Fish!!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #161
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Holy cannoli you made it alive!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #162
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Oh my! Did they ever say why the key wasn't in the mailbox?????

Apparently they thought we meant early the next morning... ughghhhhh

That would have broken me!

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!

I can't wait to read more!
Thanks!! Hopefully will get the next bit up very shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
OMG - a very entertaining report and you aren't even to Disney yet!

Thanks so much!!!

I am just glad you didn't have to drive through Georgia - so many do and complain.....hey, I live here and deal with it daily!

Actually we drove through Georgia on the way home!! (we needed a new route that wasn't highway 10!!)
So we have a few crazy stories from there

Anyhoos - glad you finally got some rest - and hopefully an hour long shower!!
Ahhhh best sleep and shower EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Oh man, I would've lost it too. Just. Lost. It. All that driving and all those crazy encounters and you finally make it to your home and you can see the inside of the house and can practically see the bed and you can't get past the front door.

It was the most horrible moment ever!!!
Pulling up and being THAT excited and then having it all deflated within minutes was definitely a breaking point!
I swear I could hear the bed calling my name through the walls

At least you guys were finally able to rest up and finally relax. I bet all that sleep and pool time made you feel a million times better.
Ahhh yesss! Sleep, shower and pool time...oh AND sweedish fish made us feel alive again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Oh. My. Goodness. Your drawing captured the horror of no key perfectly! I hope you had some very STRONG words with them later!

Ohhh you better believe that strong words were had.
I mean mistakes happen, I get that BUT it was the worst possible scenario for that mistake.
We got a night or two compensated so we were all friends in the end.

A day of sleeping, swimming, and Swedish fish sounds like a fine way to recuperate from the journey to Orlando!

Nothing makes you feel better (and less like killing everyone) than those three things!
I have such large amounts of love for Sweedish fish

I love the "magical and evil" discussion...Maleficent is Disney proof that it happens!
I know! Perfect proof!! Bek was the one who didn't get it, hence why I needed the illustration to show her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
I LOVE the no-key-reaction-drawing!!!
well, I love the whole story

Awwh thanks!! Haha That was exactly how the scene played out. Exactly!
Oh except we had legs...
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #163
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
OMG, I would have PO'd if the key wasn't there! Someone would be issuing me one night's refund.

Yeah, we were NOT happy!!! We had strong words and got reimbursed for two nights I believe.

Is that unicorn pooping rainbows?

Jill in CO
why yes...yes it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ughhhh I can't believe the key wasn't there!!! I would have probably died! Glad you guys decided to check into a hotel and not sleep on the grass! Can't wait for your first DISNEY DAY!!!
I seriously can't believe it either. No actually that is a lie... after all the stuff we had been through, we were kind of ready for anything. Still VERY devastating though!
You don't know how tempting the grass looked at that moment.
YAHHHHH It was the BEST! Can't wait to share it

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oh my, that had to be the last straw....I'm glad no one died or brought about death as a result.

Ohh it was, I can tell you that much!
I'm actually surprised we all survived that ordeal too!

Evil and magical? Well of course! He-who-shall-not-be-named could be exhibit A, don't you think?

I know! Ok it wasn't so much an arguement as Bek getting educated through some beautiful illustrations. I could have easily pointed out you know who when we went to Universal a few days later. Case closed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Oh my!! I am a native Californian, transplanted to TX. As I read your trip report, I first thought, "wow, cool!" :. That was prior to you reaching the killer moths!!! (me digging one out of my mouth, out of sympathy)!

Haha your reaction sounds pretty similar to our reality. 'Wow, Cool..best idea ever!" ...and then the events start unfolding to make us re-think that!
Oh gosh those moths were intense! I can still taste them!

Then you get stopped by the border patrol?!, where they make your pillows and car smelly?!

Ugghhhh NO ONE deserves to be stuck anywhere that smells like wet dog for days at a time!!

Then you hit Texas! I'll just say that having lived here for over 5 years, I have never experienced any of the things you have. Sorry that you were not pleased by Texas and that you only got to experience the things you did.

Ok I have nothing against Texas. He just made a bad first impression. Maybe he was nervous? (yes I've decided Texas is a boy)
I believe in second chances and I think we can work out something in the future so I can see more of what he has to offer

Our first time traveling to WDW, our surreal moments were in Louisiana, near the Louisian/TX border and in Northern FL. We didn't deal with killer moths that trip, but with love bugs! I had never heard of them before or even seen one. It was so wierd though, as on the way home, we saw them until about 10 miles before the TX border, than they just poof, disappeared?!

Yikes!! I have never even seen a lovebug! That is so weird they just stopped!?

Loved your hyper, laughing, bathroom mishap, trust fall end of the trip!! The ride there would have made me want to stay in Florida to avoid the ride back!

Thanks! We certainly got into an interesting state after those few days being cooped up with no sleep!
Yeahhhhh I wish! It definitely made us change our route home

Looking very forward to more adventures! I am so happy you finally got some sleep!!!!!! Just reading this far made me feel Well, that and the fact that I worked all weekend, nights, have to work tomorrow and wedn. nights and we leave on our LONG drive Thursday!!!!!

Awhhh thanks!! I was SO happy after sleep and a shower. BEST FEELING!!
How exciting for you guys!!
Long drives are painful BUT they make the destination so much more rewarding
Old 09-15-2012, 03:59 AM   #164
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
Oh, I could just feel the horror of it all !

It was truly awful!! Ughhhhghhhhhhhh

But, I am so glad you are there!

Yay! yay !

It was so good to finally be there!!!! We survived!!!

Let the fun begin, can't wait to hear bout the Disney adventures !

I know! I can't wait to tell you about our week there. Seriously the best trip ever!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
That sounds like sheer horror. I am so sorry that yall went through that... ugh. I'm glad you had a day to sleep though. I bet that felt amazing!

It felt like a horror story too!!!
Thank you for your sympathies

Can't wait to hear about your first DISNEY DAY!!!!

I can't wait to tell you about it!! EEEK! Such a perfect first day!
Although after that trip we were pretty easy to please!

P.S. That evil magical unicorn is hilarious.

Ha thanks! The moral of the drawing is NEVER trust a unicorn with bushy eyebrows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
First of all you can definately be magical and evil at the same time. Without the bad magic creatures/people who would the good magic people/creatures fight?

I know!! We need the evil magic so the good magic can triumph!!

Now that we have that out of the way. I can't believe there was no key there!!! You should have asked the house rental people to reimburse you the cost of your motel stay. But, I totally get why you didn't. When you are that tired there just isn't any fight left in you. Glad you finally got into your house and WalMart is always good for some humor .

Ohhh we couldn't believe it either! Especially because we had specifically made the arrangement knowing we would be there in the middle of the night.
THey reimbursed us for two nights. Thank goodness they did or we might have had to lock them in a car for 3 days and nights and then deny them a room...see how they like it.
Ohhhh Walmart. I think I could muster up a whole TR about our trips to Walmart and the interesting characters we encountered there!

ps - I LOVE Swedish Fish!!

They are BY FAR my favourite lollies! And In 5 days I will cramming my face with them once again
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Holy cannoli you made it alive!!!
I know!!!!! Pretty hard to believe we actually made it there!!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #165
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

HOORAY!! IT'S TIME FOR A REAL LIFE UPDATE!

Bit of a dramatic title but that's alright...
Hi guys, I was really looking forward to putting up the chapter about our first Disney/Disnep day BUT with craziness of work lately and the general insanities of everyday life that has not happened. This is primarily due to the fact...
I GO TO WDW IN TWO DAYS!!!!

I know the ticker says 3, but that's only because I live in Australia AKA the future.
So I decided I needed to do some sort of (very extremely mini) PTR as a way to get out some of my pent up excitement before I go.

The purpose of the trip is very clear and specific, but needs a short explanation.

It all came to me in March on my way to work on brisk Tuesday morning.
I had made a beautiful soy latte with 1 sugar at home and had poured it in my Disney travel mug so I could drink it on the drive to work. I was at the third set of traffic lights from my house when I realised I had coffee all down my white shirt.
Now the mug had been leaking for some time now...oooh roughly about six months I would say? So this was actually quite a common occurrence. Yes you heard correctly,the mug I used for coffee every single day had actually lost its ability to hold a beverage without leaking MANY moons ago.
This was due to an unfortunate incident where I rested it on my car roof, forgot and started to drive away (can you see why Bek and I are friends??), it was slightly...ok very cracked. It was also quite old and given to me as a present many many years ago from a neighbour that went to WDW.
Still I continued to use it daily because it made me so happy.
Anyway so for some reason that Tuesday as the coffee was dribbling down my chin it all hit me and I knew it was time to move on.

So long my friend. You will be missed...

Does anyone else think it looks like it is levitating here?

Anyway so it was time to move on from Trudie the travel mug.

Clearly I needed a new travel coffee mug.

AND clearly I needed to get it AT WDW.

Clearly!!!

(I also got a promotion at work, which made the decision that much easier)

Josh had already gone on a boys holiday this year so I decided to go with one of my best friends.
I called Bek and Darcy but Bek was moving out of home and needed to save money but Darcy was 100% up for it.
This is Darcy- she is beyond amazing! I met her in a community college guitar class in California. She has been living in Hawaii the last two years and I got to visit her there in January. Best trip! She is such a fun friend to have

So the game plan is as follows...

We are staying at POP for 9 nights!!!
5 days at WDW
1 day at Busch Gardens
1 day at Universal/IOA
2 days shopping, bumming around property and mug hunting!!!

The level of excitement running through my body right now is ridiculous!

Excitement aside, my goal remains in the forefront of my mind
I need to come back with an amazing travel coffee mug for daily use.
If anyone can give me any suggestions of where to look I would be greatly appreciative.

However in my last minute rush this weekend I did buy some cute nail polishes.

And made my thumbs Disney ready (for all the thumbs-upping we will do)

And found a cute Bambi shirt (please excuse my messy mess and ghetto photo)

I also got ridiculous amounts of random stuff I really don't need, so I think I am ready freddy!

On a side note, when my mum was cleaning out her house the other day she found these slides that had been printed. They are her and my aunty when they were little about 50 years ago.

She told me she used to sleep in her Mickey Mouse Club ears

Awhhh so cute!!

So I will try and do a real update tomorrow night or the next night before I go.
But until then I just wanted to share some excitement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: