Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #136
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
I am SO enjoying this TR!!! I don't drink coffee, I have done a straight drive thru (26 hours - but it was only me driving), but I get slap happy so easily - so I am laughing hysterically at many of your posts!

Thanks so much!!
Woah that is very far especially without coffee!! Me too! I laugh at wayyyy too much ridiculous stuff!

I can't even imagine the interrogation and the dogs, and the mud, and the smell - ugh. Discrimination I tell you; while someone in a nice luxury car dressed very nicely drove through with their thousands of drug money nicely lining their pockets.

Exactly!! They are going to feel mighty silly when they realize all the real drug dealers that drove past while the focused on us!!
Ughhh it always happens though doesn't it? Last month I was at the airport and they chose my bag for the random search and then had to stop halfway because the woman behind me HAD A BOW AND ARROW IN HER BAG!!!

Hoping you can update soon. I feel like I've been traveling for days and am looking forward to seeing where you stayed offsite, and the fun I know you're about to experience at WDW.

Our accomodation is coming up very soon And there is lots more fun in store I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMG so not good,but it's a bit funny that you yelled that cause i woulda done the same thing!!!! but omg girl ,eek I'm glad you're okay though and your drawings are the best!!!
Haha at times like that all you can do is scream!!!
Thanks! They are a bit ridiculous but they'll do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
OMG, I am rolling at the picture of you guys at the truck stop and then your caffeine overload. Glad you guys made it to Orlando in one piece.

Jill in CO
Thanks!! I'm so glad too! We had a lot of close calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, your coffee song is really good! What a pretty melody!

Awhh thank you!!! That is so nice of you to say

My favorite line is of this chapter was "Number ##....has won a meat tray".

It was pretty funny, for us at least!!

I'm glad you survived your caffeine overload, but what's with this cliffhanger??!
I'm pretty glad myself... not the best idea I have had
The cliffhanger is necessary because what happens next is so excruciatingly painful- I wanted you guys to feel some of the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
You are so funny, love your report. I gather you did not die after all, whew!

Marita
Awh thanks!! No I did not die... I just had wayyyyy too much caffeine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellz View Post
Omg. I'm only on chapter 1 and already I'm choking with laughter! Moth City sounds disgusting...you poor thing! Diving in to read the rest right now. This is gonna be good!

Welcome!!
It was so gross!!! They were seriously everywhere ICK!

Ok, I'm caught up. Loving your road trip singalongs!

It's really not a roadtrip unless there is an excessive amount of singalongs!!!

You leave us in such suspense! Please, please, please be OK for disney!
I'm so cruel aren't I? Trust me it was necessary so you could experience the horrible..ness of what came next
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #137
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
Iím still bitter about it too!

Mmmm might take a while to get over that one...

Sounds like that I Love Lucy episode where they keep driving and driving and keep ending up in the same hole in the wall spot. Do you get those reruns there?

Yes we do!! Thank goodness, and I totally know the episode you mean!!

I think you need one of your illustrations for this!

I'm sure I have one somewhere!

On our way back from Virginia last weekend, we were stopped at a light and a little mouse was making his way across a 6-lane highway. Iíd never seen that before. Well, itís not turtles and alligators, but itís all Iíve got.

Oh no! poor little mousie!! Did he make it ok?

Ew!

Big ew! It was NOT pretty!

So I guess you actually, like have to talk to each other??!!

Unfortunately!

Amusing even without the coffee.

Good to hear! Maybe I'm not completely insane

You were 17 when you were doing this? Your poor parents. LOL

Yeahhh they were pretty lucky to get me I should tell you the story of the time I faked a broken arm for 6 weeks to everyone including my parents.
Or perhaps when I backed a car into the house? Such a golden child...

Never heard of that. Interesting!

Me either but it is a great idea! You should be able to fastpass all aspects of life!

That sounds scary. Iíve never had caffeine overload like that.

You don't want one, trust me! Just don't drink 300 coffees while you drive nonstop for 46 hours and you will be fine

Another cliffhanger?

Yes- but this next chapter deserves a build up as the events were just so horrible!!

Great chapters!!
Thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #138
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
SHOWER BINGO! I want to play!

I know right! Best gas station everrrr!!

Your caffeine overload sounds terrifying! Oh my goodness. (Btw I love your coffee song. )

It was sooo scary! Seriously the most insane feeling ever!!
Thank you so much!!!

Still not there?!
I know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Thank you for more than one serious coffee spewing moments this morning! Which while a bit of a wasate of such a lovely beverage was so worth it!

I hear that is the best way to start the day! Everyone loves a good spit take

Shower raffles, meat trays...dying.

I tell you, the place had everything!!

You spinning and crumbling to the ground. Not so good.

Nope... not my finest hour at all

on the illustrations, far better than any photo's could have captured it. I want to see them all together when you are done, like a flip book. It'd be a riot and a half!

What a great idea!! I might have to print them out and do that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I love your coffee song and have made my BF, BFF, niece, sister and favorite co-worker watch it. Soon you will be the YouTube sensation you should be!!

That is so so sweet I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

Wow...just wow. Caffeine crash is never fun, but your telling of it certainly is funny! I'm so glad you're finally in Orlando....what could possibly go wrong now?!?!?

Not fun at all-I learnt my lesson the hard way
Ahhhh it was so good to finally be there!!!

Don't keep us hanging!!
I'm sorry!! It's just the next bit is sooo awful it needs it's own chapter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
DSJAFHSKDJFHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD. I cracked up at your story about sleeping in some random family's driveway. You are crazy, and I mean that in a totally good way. hahahahaha omg.

Ahhhhh oh god it was soooo awkward!! I still remember that conversation sooo clearly! At least I gave that family a good story to tell?
All good Lia- I will take that in a good way and embrace my crazy self with open arms!

Yay for a murderer-free rest stop! I am admiring your drawing right now... lovely!

I know! That is my favourite kind of rest stop!!
Yes.. I am quite the artistť

You... are killing me. This is one of the most entertaining TRs I've ever read and you aren't even in Disney yet. Please keep the hilarity, insanity, and fabulous drawings coming! That one of you having an IMGOINGTODIEEE attack while driving seriously belongs in the Louvre.

Awwh thanks!! I find your TRs the most hilarious things in the world so that is a big compliment
Don't worry, the hilarity, insanity and ridiculous drawings keep coming hard and fast. It was SUCH a crazy week there!!
Yes totally a masterpiece... it will be my legacy....
Old 09-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #139
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Seriously, still the most entertaining TR ever, and you're not even there yet. Bahahaha, I laughed at the meat tray and BINGO! It's still funny, even when not sleep-deprived.

Your caffeine meltdown sounds kind of terrible.. no wait, really terrible... and I never want to experience that!

Can't wait for your next update, because this is quite a cliffhanger!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #140
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hilarious update! I love the mental image (and illustration of course) of you guys in the heavenly truck stop! The meat tray line has to be my favorite!

OMG what a scary reaction to the caffeine! I'm like you-consuming caffeinated drinks from morning to night-and nothing like that has ever come close to happening to me!

So glad to hear that you were safely in Orlando, and I'm thinking that if the journey was this much fun to read about, then the WDW stuff is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to hear about all the tomfoolery you crazy kids got into.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #141
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Are you there yet ?

OMG, you have to be there !

Oh, I hope your there !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
LuvindisCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #142
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Seriously, still the most entertaining TR ever, and you're not even there yet. Bahahaha, I laughed at the meat tray and BINGO! It's still funny, even when not sleep-deprived.

I'm glad you found it funny even in a non sleep-deprived state!
We were such nutcases at that gas station!

Your caffeine meltdown sounds kind of terrible.. no wait, really terrible... and I never want to experience that!

It was awful!!! At least now I know my caffeine/no sleep limit!!

Can't wait for your next update, because this is quite a cliffhanger!
I know! I'm sorry! It was quite mean to leave the chapter like that but what happens next is so awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hilarious update! I love the mental image (and illustration of course) of you guys in the heavenly truck stop! The meat tray line has to be my favorite!

It was such a beautiful truck stop, I still dream about it to this day
Yeah we are such dorks. Everyone loves a good raffle!

OMG what a scary reaction to the caffeine! I'm like you-consuming caffeinated drinks from morning to night-and nothing like that has ever come close to happening to me!

I know! Caffeine is one of my closest friends and level of betrayal I felt on that day is still upsetting!! I think the trick is to not try and drive 40ish hours on your own and you probably don't need a caffeinated drink EVERY time you stop...

So glad to hear that you were safely in Orlando, and I'm thinking that if the journey was this much fun to read about, then the WDW stuff is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to hear about all the tomfoolery you crazy kids got into.
I know!!! The dramatic drive from coast to coast was the perfect lead up to an absolutely ridiculous week!! I'm excited to share everything that happened!!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #143
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
Are you there yet ?

OMG, you have to be there !

Oh, I hope your there !
ARGGHHHH I know!!!!

So close and yet.....and yet
Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #144
amazingact21
Upendi

A rest stop with showers where people call your number to use one??? I can't get over this. I could just imagine seeing various people sitting around tables with maybe a bottle of shampoo or some clothes, waiting for their lucky number to be announced.

Still not there?? Feels like you guys have been on the road forever. (By the way, I don't know how you managed to make it as long as you did on caffeine and adrenaline. I would've been GONE way long before then. )
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #145
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Need a new update--please!!!!!
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #146
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
A rest stop with showers where people call your number to use one??? I can't get over this. I could just imagine seeing various people sitting around tables with maybe a bottle of shampoo or some clothes, waiting for their lucky number to be announced.

I know!! It was so impressive! Good work rest stop
Haha that is the scene EXACTLY! Clutching onto their lucky numbers, hoping to win a meat tray...I mean shower

Still not there?? Feels like you guys have been on the road forever. (By the way, I don't know how you managed to make it as long as you did on caffeine and adrenaline. I would've been GONE way long before then. )
Arggghhh I know! It really did feel like forever at this point!!!
I don't know either , at least now I know my limits?
Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #147
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
Need a new update--please!!!!!
Eeek! I'm sorry!! It will be up tonight
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #148
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Hi guys! Sorry for leaving you in such a cruel manner on a cliff hanger like that.
Not usually my style but life starting getting all crazy on me before I could post the next part. This week alone the kids at my work have had 3 massive gigs, 7 audition slots, 9 rehearsals and a CD recording that 500 children had to sing at. I also had to judge a massive talent quest which was super fun BUT took up most of my weekend. (Although this little boy and girl who were about 6 sang A Whole New World and it was the most adorable thing I have EVER seen!!!)
Ahhhh I am ready for another weekend after how busy it was! Hope everyone else's week has been good!

Chapter Seven

We Are Here!!!!! Or Are We??

This chapters notes are very scattered and nonsensical.
Mainly because my notes got smudged with all the free flowing tears that resulted from what happened next

So we left off last time as we pulled into the driveway of the holiday house we were renting.

I can't even begin to explain the feeling as we pulled in. The longest most painful drive in the world was over. We were free from our car jail and there was nothing between us and Disney at all now! It was a beautiful feeling! The killer moths, murderer encounters, dog smelling pillows and caffeine overloads were a thing of the past. No more smelly rest stops and ladies of the night. No more driving!!! WE HAD ARRIVED!!!!!

Here is the picture of our house on the website we got it off... So picture this, but in darkness. It's beautiful isn't it? And the most beautiful feature is that it wasn't a car!!! Hallelujah!!!

It was about 3 or 4am at that stage and we were sooooo thankful we had emailed and called them ahead of time to let them know we would arrive in the middle of the night. They let us know it wouldn't be a problem and the key would be waiting for us in the mail box.

Good thing we arranged that...

Right?

RIGHT??

Hmmmmm it seems the 'key leaver' had NOT got the message!!!!
There was NO KEY IN THE MAILBOX!!!!

Nothing!

Nada!

No key at all!!

WHAT!!!???

This actually topped everything we had come across so far. I would rather be interrogated for 10 hours by border patrol and sleep on a wet dog pillow for the rest of my life than go through this again. I would rather be stuck in an elevator with crazy serial killer man from Texas for my birthday AND christmas every year than have this happen!

There was just no key anywhere!!

There was no one in the reception area!!!

There was no emergency number!!

AND THERE WAS NO WAY TO GET INTO OUR HOUSE!!!

We all had slightly different reactions. Bek wept, Tim was just shocked, Josh was really mad and I was still in my post-mental-breakdown-overly-caffeinated state.
I screeched some weird yeti-ish noise and fell to my knees.

It was really the most upset/angry/hurt/mad/disappointed that I have ever felt!

What should we do????

I honestly contemplated sleeping on the lawn... but the Florida bugs and extreme temperatures were kind of against me on that one. Because you know what I love more than sleeping on wet dog smelling pillows? Waking up with bugs in my ears and nose in a pile of sweat. Not an option.

We ended up backing out, turning around (ughghhhhhhh) and heading back down highway 27 until we saw this

We got a room and in we went like a pack of zombies.
Actually even a pack of zombies would be more lively.
We shuffled in very slowly, eyes burning, body aching, every part of us wanting sleeeeeeep!
I don't remember anything about the room.
Oh except the bed. It felt like heaven and happiness and was the softest most magical wondrous bed in the entire world!
Although at that stage, a concrete slab would have most likely felt the same way.
Once I was on the bed I was asleep straight away.
Tim fell on the other and was instantly gone too.
Josh and Bek showered first then we were all out like lights. Dead to the world.

We woke up at 8ish...checked out and drove back to our house.
We got the key from the reception area (too tired to give them a piece of our minds at this stage)and stumbled into the house and fell asleep again.

We woke up around 3pm and felt sooooo much more refreshed.
The excitement and hyperactivity had returned and we were in Disney spirits!
So a trip to Walmart was in order to stock up on snacks and enjoy the glorious Walmart culture That was the day we learnt you can never have too much denim on denim...even if it is 100 degrees outside

After we were all snacked up and up to date on the happenings with the colourful people of Walmart we went back and had a swim in our pool.
Ahhhh it was so lovely and relaxing and even our creepy watching neighbour couldn't ruin the mood

We then ate our weight in reese's pieces and Sweedish fish! Which is what happens when you live in Australia and miss all the good lollies!

Had another nap

Woke up for dinner and had an argument about whether something can be evil AND magical...

The answer, as you can see, is clearly yes!

Then it was an early night ready for our first Disney day!

Next up

Park Day One- Why Hello Disnepworld!!!

Last edited by Aussiesalad; 10-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #149
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

Oh my! Did they ever say why the key wasn't in the mailbox?????

That would have broken me!

I can't wait to read more!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Pyrate_Pryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #150
GaRain
DIS Veteran

OMG - a very entertaining report and you aren't even to Disney yet!
I am just glad you didn't have to drive through Georgia - so many do and complain.....hey, I live here and deal with it daily!
Anyhoos - glad you finally got some rest - and hopefully an hour long shower!!
GaRain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: