Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
JimS4210
Counting down the days until our next vacation...

Boma in AKL. It's the best breakfast buffet in the World.

Jim

JimS4210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #17
FourFireworksFans
Earning My Ears

Thank you!!
FourFireworksFans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #18
anhower
Mouseketeer

Kona cafe is great! DH had the tonga toast and I had the macadamia pineapple pancakes yummmm......

Coronado Springs Resort February 2011 . Port Orleans Riverside January 2012 . Polynesian Resort October 2012 . Port Orleans French Quarter February 2013
anhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

I'm also throwing my hat in the Kona camp.

It's the only breakfast ADR I have for my trip
Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFireworksFans View Post
Hi! I was wondering if you had any suggestions for TS breakfast. We had ressies for CRT breakfast, but after hearing about how limited our options would be at a 10:20 ADR, I have decided to pick something else.....but what??

We already are doing CP before park opening, whispering canyon, Akershurs, and Cape May for breakfast during our trip. I don't want to do Chef Mickeys because we are doing it for dinner the night we arrive. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!
After reading a LOT on the DIS, I have breakfast ressies at both Kona AND Boma. I'm SO excited!!!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
FourFireworksFans
Earning My Ears

Just ate at Boma... It was WONDERFUL! Thanks for suggesting it! Hubby & I agree that it is now a must do!
FourFireworksFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
figment814
Mouseketeer

My favorite breakfasts have been:

'Ohana, The Wave (I was surprised how much I loved it!), Cape May, and Tusker House (like lunch better though!)

Others that I have been to and liked, but I am in no rush to return:

Kona; Kouzzina; Boma

And the one I will never return to:

Chef Mickey's
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
sabcook
Mouseketeer

For our upcoming trip we have the following breakfast ADRs....
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace
Kona
Ohana
CRT
Tusker House
Whispering Canyon (we are staying at WL and this is our check-out morning)

We are cancelling two additional ones - Grand Floridian Cafe (just ran out of time) and Chef Mickey's (one bad meal experience for us and seemingly hundreds here on dis).
Old 10-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #24
spacethunder
Earning My Ears

I love Boma, Chef Mickey's, and I think Garden Grove in the Swan hotel isn't too bad. Never very busy and they have omelate stations and a very large buffet menu.

I think I will try O'Hana this year after all the great reviews!
spacethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #25
Space Mountain Kid
Mouseketeer

Ohanas or Kona would be good choices the food is delicous (especially the tonga toast)

Space Mountain Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #26
Montegut
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace!

First full day at Disney, and I did the Crystal Palace for breakfast at 9:40. We're on Central Time, so I factored in time adjustment.

It was the absolute best!

While waiting to be called, saw Peter Pan, who was amazing!

When we were seated, the characters were leaving our section, so I was worried we had missed them. The waiter assured us, they would come back around.

So, we took the opportunity to have a very good omelet made, and got some of the french toast. So yummy!

Once the characters came, I was no longer hungry, and was waiting with anticipation for a chance to hug Eeyore and Tigger and Pooh. Heck, I was happy to see Piglet, too!

The waiter was absolutely amazing, so nice, so informative. We spent about two hours at the restaurant, and they were starting to lay out lunch, which looked yummy, at least the desserts, I was wanting to go back.

Came out from breakfast and waited for the meet and greet with Peter Pan, who reminded me to be sure to go on my favorite ride, Peter Pan's Flight. So thrilled it's still there!

I would say the Crystal Palace was the highlight of the trip for me, and something this 50 something mom would not be able to do in front of her college age son, who would be mortified by my behavior. Husband got a kick out of it, how I was like I was ten years old again.

Also had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. The food was not as good, got the omelet, but I wasn't there for the food! So many princesses! Ariel, my favorite, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, in regular clothes, but Jasmine was so great! She had a great personality! Spent an hour taking pictures inside and outside after the breakfast. Walked right out into Fantasyland and rode the Pooh ride for the first time.

I would recommend both of these breakfasts for adults and kids alike.

Now, my nephews, who are 4 and 6, could not stop talking about Chef Mickey's, and we stayed at the Contemporary, so we could see all the excitement of this venue, but my brother, in his mid 40s, suggested to skip it as the food was not good. But the character breakfasts are for the fun, not the food!
Montegut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: