DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #16
radmcg
Mouseketeer

Kind of funny I hear about the pushy DVC people: I had trouble getting them to call me back. I took the tour 3 times and was very close on all three occasions. Being kind of a bargain shopper I just couldn't right the check. Ended up just buying a resale last month. My only regret is I didn't do it sooner. If you are not sure rent points for a while. I just introduced my extended family to this and the cost saving was great for them. I also just read on another sight disney has had one of its most profitable years and that they were not as generous with discounts as they used to be. Not sure if any of that is true. Anyway, we always went when we could get a deal. Just got tired of it and bought DVC. Long and short. Take the tour, read a lot here and the other sites, compare direct to resale and decide. In the mean time I think renting points is like training wheels for DVC. To me its a win/win. if you like it buy in. If you don't you still usually get a better deal on a deluxe room than any of the available discounts.
JMHO
Rad
radmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #17
margitmouse
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Missyrose;45810088]So they covered three of the major food groups, huh?

HA HA HA HA!

THIS is why I read DIS!!

Member Since March 2010 ... and adding on!

Last edited by margitmouse; 09-06-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: misspelled
margitmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
cel_disney
DIS Veteran

I love the advice to take a tour..they have babysitting and carseats when they pick you up so don't worry about that...

We stayed at POFQ for years with our son before we bought BLT. After staying at BLT once because we thought the monorail was the best thing, we quickly learned that it's pretty overrated!! We did LOVE the walking convenience to MK, but getting to the monorail deck at the contemporary with a double stroller STINKS!! And we were there in a low crowd time!! So, I would be another one to suggest looking at all the resorts! We stayed at OKW last year and we loved the space! We are going back to BLT this September because we got a standard room and we have some early activities in MK that we can walk to, but I look forward to trying out other resorts in the future!!!
cel_disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: