Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Gnmack
Earning My Ears

How crowded is the last week of October going to be? (Oct 27th-Nov3rd)

I'm just wondering if anyone has been to wdw during this week and can enlighten me on how the crowds are going to be. I have been looking at a couple of the crowd calendars and they are offering crowd levels between 2-6 for that week.

I'm aware that MNSSHP will be packed and the Food and Wine Festival will be crowded on weekends. There are six in our group and three haven't been to wdw in 25 years and one has never made the trip.

Just trying to make sure we make the most of it and looking for a little insight from the boards and if anyone has any opinions or pics of the crowds or wait times that would be great!

Thanks
Gnmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

I've been that week and there were very low crowds at the parks during the day.

I wouldn't do MNSSHP on Halloween, as that night will be a sell-out. And I would follow the touringplans crowd calendar. But it should be a great week to go.

I don't remember F&W being all that crowded.

I do remember that week there were a lot of British folks in the parks, (something to do with a school break), and they were absolutely lovely to tour with.

Enjoy!
themilesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

I am also going during this time Oct 28-Nov 5, and I am hoping for lower crowds. I just barely changed my dates and changed my ADRS and got everything I wanted including Le Cellier, Ohana breakfast and dinner, Tusker House breakfast, and all at good times! I am hoping this means lower crowds!!!

As far as British coming, I LOVE that culture so thats wonderful to me

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

We're going that week as well. Seems that week will be somewhat more crowded than I'd like, but hopefully not too bad. I'm hoping more for good weather.
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Gnmack
Earning My Ears

We are actually going that week becasue my borther who is currently teaching in London is on break for the week. They had some great deals on for the UK travellers during that period.

I am hearing that Food and Wine is doable during the week but it should be avoided on the weekends.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
kshattuck
DIS Veteran

We are traveling that week -- can't wait! Our last few trips have been in late October and we LOVE the low crowds and fabulous weather.

See you there!

kshattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Gnmack
Earning My Ears

We are hoping to hit the parks early to avoid the crowds the best we can. Some of the group wants to hit Blizzard Beach. Have you guys done any waterparks during the last Week in October?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
DMLewis75
Mouseketeer

We are going that week too. Since we are usually there the week after Easter, I'm guessing the parks will seem empty in comparison.
DMLewis75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

We've gone the last week of Oct. several times and will be heading there again this year. We love this time of year for the decorations, lower crowds, temperatures, and prices. We always do the waterparks and swimming pools and find the weather great. We've even gone in Dec. and used the pools although at times it was a bit chilly. Hurricane season is the only thing that could threaten those waterpark days.
Pollyanna Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
JCMHutch
Mouseketeer

We went last year at that time. Epcot was crowded for F&W, but even though the showcase was packed, there was no lines for any of the attractions/rides. We had so much fun we are going that week this year too.

2014 Vero Beach, 2014 Flower & Garden - SSR, 2013 Food & Wine SSR, 2013 Dolphin/Boardwalk, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Pop Century/Gaylord Palms, 2009 POFQ, 2008 Dolphin, 2007 Pop Century, 2006 Dolphin, 2004 All Star Sports, 2003 All Star Movies, 2001 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Music, 1999 All Star Movies, 1997 All Star Sports, 1996 All Star Music, 1986 Disneyland, 1979 Wilderness Campground
JCMHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
Shana Rayce
Mouseketeer

Joining the club! We arrive on Oct. 27 too! This is the time of the year that we usually go... we've never been unhappy with crowds or weather! And we always do MNSSHP ON Halloween and have had a blast each time! We have always walked right on rides this night... maybe 5 mins for Splash and Big Thunder... 75 days and counting!!

Mom Logan Lindsay Katelyn Princess Gianna Pirate Carson
Shana Rayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
Gnmack
Earning My Ears

Great! My wife and I have been twice as adults. Both times we were there during the first two weeks of September. The only lines we had that were more than 15 minutes were for Soarin and Toy Story Mania. I'm thinking the crowd levels will be a bit higher but you guys are making me feel a lot better about the crowds.

This will be our first trip with the entire family in almost 20 years. Definitely starting to get excited

Tags
crowd level, halloween, october

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: