Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #46
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
We just booked today, category 7A gty. This will be our very first cruise...

Me (Tracey) and ...DD10 Emilee

I can't believe there will be TWO 10 year old Emilees on this cruise LOL.
That is so cool! Two 10 year old Emilee's!!!! YAY! Another mom who spelled their daughter's name wrong. That's what my son tells me, anyway! I think it's a very pretty way of spelling it!!

We are veteran cruisers, so if you have any questions...don't be afraid to ask.

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #47
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
That is so cool! Two 10 year old Emilee's!!!! YAY! Another mom who spelled their daughter's name wrong. That's what my son tells me, anyway! I think it's a very pretty way of spelling it!!

We are veteran cruisers, so if you have any questions...don't be afraid to ask.
Thank you!

My Emilee complains all the time because she can't buy any personalized stuff -- water bottles, pencils, etc. We spelled it that way because both DH and I have the middle name Lee, Emily was the only girl name we both liked, and we didn't want to name her Emily Lee.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #48
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! So exciting to be getting lots of people on board (no pun intended....oh who am I kidding, pun intended!)

I think it would be nice to maybe name our cruise, since it doesn't have a formal name yet. Right now, I don't have anything creative coming to my mind.

If you have any good ideas, just put them out there, and maybe we can have a vote or just if one gets a lot of support, we will just make that the title.

Woohoo!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #49
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
Thank you!

My Emilee complains all the time because she can't buy any personalized stuff -- water bottles, pencils, etc. We spelled it that way because both DH and I have the middle name Lee, Emily was the only girl name we both liked, and we didn't want to name her Emily Lee.
The funny thing about that is my son's middle name is Lee (named after DH's middle name). I have two nieces that spell their names Britnee & Ashlee, and I really like that instead of "y". So...when my BFF from high school learned how I spelled Emilee's name, she asked "Is that because your son's name is "Brandon LEE, and so you did EmiLEE"? LOL I had never even thought about that. My Emilee's middle name is Rose....and right around the time I had her that movie Excorcism of Emily Rose came out. UGH!

We were just on the Fantasy and my Emilee found one of those string made bracelets that they sell all over the islands....with her name spelled correctly!!! Needless to say, we bought it. LOL

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #50
daynak
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse
Hey guys! So exciting to be getting lots of people on board (no pun intended....oh who am I kidding, pun intended!)

I think it would be nice to maybe name our cruise, since it doesn't have a formal name yet. Right now, I don't have anything creative coming to my mind.

If you have any good ideas, just put them out there, and maybe we can have a vote or just if one gets a lot of support, we will just make that the title.

Woohoo!
Name ideas:
September Disney Dream
September Dreaming
Dreamers 2013

Just few thoughts.

Who is compiling the FE list and when is deadline. My BFF is taking cruise and might want in.
daynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #51
squaggles
Earning My Ears

our family is booked on this cruise! we are so excited. although this will be the 3rd cruise for my dh and me, the kids have never been. and we have never done the FE before. would love to be a part of that when it get organized.

can't wait!!
squaggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #52
Buffettfamily
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Hi! We are all set to come along with you guys! This is our first cruise. It will be Myself (mom), DH, DD5, DD2, my mom and my mother in law! I look forward to meeting some of you all, and I am excited to learn about FE!
Buffettfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #53
Kashabear
Mouseketeer

Cruise Name Contributions

In keeping the name ideas coming...
Daring to Dream
Dream Weavers
Dream Catchers
Dreamlanders

Any thoughts on creating a Facebook page when we have a name. It can make posting documents easier and messaging easier. For my last FE we had an original group and a late group that was added so when we set a closing date we can also welcome latecomers to start a subgroup that original members can join or bypass.
We are too excited for it to be so far away!!
Liz
Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #54
daynak
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashabear
Daring to Dream
Dream Weavers
Dream Catchers
Dreamlanders

Any thoughts on creating a Facebook page when we have a name. It can make posting documents easier and messaging easier. For my last FE we had an original group and a late group that was added so when we set a closing date we can also welcome latecomers to start a subgroup that original members can join or bypass.
Liz
I love the Facebook page idea! And the two FE groups. I have all kinds of FE ideas and am dying to get started every time I come up with a new idea or see something perfect. I'm so ready.
daynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #55
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynak View Post
Who is compiling the FE list and when is deadline. My BFF is taking cruise and might want in.
That would be me.

I threw out the date July 15th. The only feedback I got was one person thought that may be too late for the crafty people who want to make handmade gifts. Another person said their last cruise, 2 months was the cutoff so it sounded fine to them. So, nothing was ever decided either way.

We can always set a date and then if anyone wants in after the deadline, we can create a separate group like someone suggested, or if it is only a couple of rooms, we could incorporate them in, and if people have extra items, they can give them to them.

June 15th? July 1st? July 15th? July 22nd at 3:33 pm? Lol
Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #56
teatah
Earning My Ears

I think that July 15th would work just fine. We definitely want to be included. This was so much fun on our last cruise. Just let me know what info you need from me.

WDW: off site '93, Dixie Landings '96, ASMo '00, '04, '06, '08, Pop '09, '10, '12, AKL '11, AoA '12, OKW '14
DCL: Dream '11 & '13, Magic '13, Wonder '14,
teatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #57
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse View Post
That would be me.

I threw out the date July 15th. The only feedback I got was one person thought that may be too late for the crafty people who want to make handmade gifts. Another person said their last cruise, 2 months was the cutoff so it sounded fine to them. So, nothing was ever decided either way.

We can always set a date and then if anyone wants in after the deadline, we can create a separate group like someone suggested, or if it is only a couple of rooms, we could incorporate them in, and if people have extra items, they can give them to them.

June 15th? July 1st? July 15th? July 22nd at 3:33 pm? Lol
I was the one that said it may be too late, but as a "newbie" to FE, that was just my thought. July 15th seems like it's a good time for most.

I like the idea of having a second group if others want to join after the cut off date.

I also like the idea of a Facebook page for our FE group!

me (41), DH (41), DD (14, DS (9), DS (4)
fannonzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #58
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashabear View Post
Daring to Dream
Dream Weavers
Dream Catchers
Dreamlanders

Liz
Here's some of my suggestions:
A Dream Come True
Once Upon a Dream
Disney DREAMing

me (41), DH (41), DD (14, DS (9), DS (4)
fannonzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #59
lineman
Earning My Ears

Number 2 Dream cruise for us [DD,DM,,DGS, Adult DS and DM,and 3 DD],also bringing my brother and wife and our mom and aunt. Had a great time last May had to come back Trying to decide about FE

Last edited by lineman; 04-09-2013 at 10:33 PM.
lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #60
squaggles
Earning My Ears

I think July is an ok cut off date for the FE. I am looking up different ways to make one for each of our cabins. We have the boys in one and the girls in the other. (Has anyone seen a video on how to make an FE from duct tape?)

I like Dream Weavers
and
Disney DREAMing

I have a DD (13) DS (11) and DS (8)
plus myself, my DH and my MIL

squaggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: