Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Just booked

So, we just booked our first Disney Cruise today! Our party will include - DH, DD13, DS8 (birthday the Friday before we depart) and DS 3. My Aunt, Mom in Law and Mom and Step-dad will all be cruising too. This will be the first cruise for all but DH and myself.
As a newbie to DCL, I have a question: What is FE? Is it an additional thing for us to do?

We are all excited for this cruise!

me (41), DH (41), DD (14, DS (9), DS (4)

Last edited by fannonzoo; 01-06-2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo
fannonzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
Jrex21
Earning My Ears

Hi Brae!

FE (fish extender) is kinda like a secret santa small gift exchange. There will be a fish outside of your stateroom door (where your stateroom attendant will leave Navigators etc.), people that are participating in the FE will hang pockets from their fish for other cruisers to leave gifts in. Some cruisers leave a family gift while other cruisers leave gifts for everyone in the stateroom. It's up to you! There is a thread on the main cruise board that's titled Homemade FE gifts 2. Click through that thread and it may explain it a little better.

My family did it on our last cruise and it was REALLY fun leaving gifts for others and exploring the ship at the same time!

P.S. our sons are the same age!
Jrex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

FE gift exchange

Thanks Jrex for the answer! So how do we know if there will be FE exchanges on this cruise?? It sounds like fun and thanks for the info on the threads - not too crafty here, but would LOVE to still participate if we will have one!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #19
WDWINJUNE!
Married My Prince Charming at Sunset Pointe

Hi everyone!

My birthday is tomorrow and my husband surprised me with a cruise for the 2 of us We sailed on the Dream in December and I can't wait to go back

me dh dd(16) ds(5) ds(3)
Previous Trips:DL Hotel 8/11 DL Feb 09 Apr 08 Pop CenturyDW POR & GF Aug 07 12/06 DLHotel 4/06 Disney Wedding & Honeymoon AKL GF WL 7/04 DLHotel 2/03 DL PPHotel my birthday trip 6/02 ASMusic DD birthday
WDWINJUNE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Happy Birthday WDWINJUNE! What a wonderful surprise! Glad you are on board!

Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonzoo View Post
Thanks Jrex for the answer! So how do we know if there will be FE exchanges on this cruise?? It sounds like fun and thanks for the info on the threads - not too crafty here, but would LOVE to still participate if we will have one!

Well, that will be ultimately decided by everyone in the thread. If we get enough interest, I would love to do an FE exchange.

I would be happy to organize it. Maybe we should set a cutoff day for when we need to decide whether yes or no, we are going to do an FE exchange?

July 15th, maybe? Would that be too late? What does everyone else think?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #22
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

FE exchange

July 15th may be a little late to make a decision for those who are "craftier" and want to make gifts, but again, this is a first for me, so maybe I'm wrong!

I would definitely be on board for a FE exchange!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:29 AM   #23
WDWINJUNE!
Married My Prince Charming at Sunset Pointe

Thank you Fannonzoo....I had a wonderful birthday and so excited for September to come

me dh dd(16) ds(5) ds(3)
Previous Trips:DL Hotel 8/11 DL Feb 09 Apr 08 Pop CenturyDW POR & GF Aug 07 12/06 DLHotel 4/06 Disney Wedding & Honeymoon AKL GF WL 7/04 DLHotel 2/03 DL PPHotel my birthday trip 6/02 ASMusic DD birthday
WDWINJUNE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #24
FabFar4
Earning My Ears

How shall I tell them?

We are looking forward to taking our girls, 8 & 3, on their second Dream cruise in September but haven't told them about it yet and want to surprise them in a fun way. Any suggestions?

Also interested in FE!
FabFar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
DFamNJ
Earning My Ears

We are heading on our 1st Disney cruise with our kids (and I was on the Big Red Boat YEARS ago)... we cannot wait! Traveling with my DH, DS 4, DD3, my mother, my MIL, FIL, brother & SIL...

would love to do the fish extender exchange my kids would LOVE it!
DFamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFar4 View Post
We are looking forward to taking our girls, 8 & 3, on their second Dream cruise in September but haven't told them about it yet and want to surprise them in a fun way. Any suggestions?

Also interested in FE!
If you can get away with it, waiting till the day of would be totally cool.

Just wake them up and tell them they have half an hour to get ready, and then you whisk them off to a crazy, magical adventure!

They will never forget it.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #27
FabFar4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse View Post
If you can get away with it, waiting till the day of would be totally cool.

Just wake them up and tell them they have half an hour to get ready, and then you whisk them off to a crazy, magical adventure!

They will never forget it.
I have considered that but my older girl is very perceptive and would likely be on to us the minute we got in the car! I also tend to pack us a week in advance. If I don't come up with something spectacular before the time comes then I might give that a try!
FabFar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #28
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have considered that but my older girl is very perceptive and would likely be on to us the minute we got in the car! I also tend to pack us a week in advance. If I don't come up with something spectacular before the time comes then I might give that a try!
FabFar4 - I have a 13 year old (12 at the time) and 7 year old (6 at the time)that we surprised just that way after leaving WDW and going to see Winter from A Dolphin Tale. They were so engrossed in the movies, games, etc. that they weren't paying attention. We were not able to wait until pulling into the aquarium however, due to traffic and noticing signs (so we broke it to them - made them guess - and have it on camera!). They had NO clue.

You can always surprise them the day of (pack in secret???). OR - do a scavenger hunt with clues about the cruise. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be GREAT!

Glad to have you on board!

Last edited by fannonzoo; 02-04-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #29
Jrex21
Earning My Ears

Well,

I hate to leave yall so soon after meeting, but we've had to move our cruise to August. My dearest sister has decided to enroll in patisserie school (YUM!!!) and she can't miss class for our annual Disney vacay and Cruise. So, moving over to August for a 7 night Eastern on the Fantasy!

Have a great time!!!
Jrex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #30
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I imagine it is quite the undertaking. This photographer I know did that with her kids on Christmas day, and her oldest is around 11 or so I think.

Opened all their presents, and their last present was "You have 15 minutes to go get ready." How she was able to keep it all a secret and make sure everything was packed discreetly.....I'll never know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: