Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #136
daynak
Earning My Ears

Brae -

I found a few patterns online but for 2-3 pocket ones so I think I'll modify.

I did have another creative thought though. It would be possible (I think) to make single pockets with dowel rods at top/bottom that could be attached above and below with snap rings or something similar.

I was going to fabric shop this week and start creating. And as a disclaimer, I'm no seamstress either!!

Dayna
daynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #137
daynak
Earning My Ears

Brae -

I found a super easy tutorial! It's located at alittleboltoflife.com. On left, scroll down to January(2013) and you'll see 2nd post is a fish extender tutorial. Hope it's helpful!

Dayna
daynak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #138
MomofXandG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse View Post
Hey guys! Our FE list is up to 15 cabins. And we may have another two on the way with Maddy and Jordi.

I will spend this week following up with people who I may need more info on, or whom I have not heard back from, so that we can get the list solidified.

Is anyone excited? Oh, ME ME.
mmackeymouse - Tried to send a PM to answer your request, but your box is full. The family with 2 DD's is The Granets. The other family is The Oppenheimers. Please let me know if you need any other info!
MomofXandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #139
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Howdy guys!

I'm working on our FE right now, and just had a couple of questions that I would love your insight on:

Right now, we are at 22 rooms, with 10 days left before the cutoff date, so it could go up even from that. So my questions are as follows: do you guys want to split it into two groups, or leave it as one big group? You will get lots more stuff by leaving it as a large group. But, the delivery process would be easier with half as many rooms. I don't have a preference either way. Just wanted to leave it in your guys' hands.

Also, how do you want to do the deliveries? Do you want me to assign days to each cabin? Or would you prefer me to just leave it up to you guys when and how often to deliver gifts? (For example, some people may have one big gift that they want to deliver just once during the cruise. Others might have smaller gifts that they want to do every day.)

Finally, what is the best way to post the list? I could do it via Google Docs...which is ideal, because you would have real time updates to the information as I get it. But, I know that not everyone has Google Docs. Or, I could convert it into a PDF document and post it to a link or on FB. Just let me know your preferences and I'll go with the majority.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #140
squaggles
Earning My Ears

I'm ok with 22 rooms. I think maybe if it starts to creep closer to 30 rooms we maybe should split it.
And I like the idea of just delivering when we get the chance.

As far as the list is concerned. I have no preference in how we get that. I don't have google docs - but i am sure that it is something I could get easily?

There is also the ability of sharing through a dropbox link if you have dropbox. Then, the user wouldn't need to have dropbox to open it in their email. I share pictures and documents through it alot.

I just finished making my FE and am gathering supplies to make our gifts!
Can you tell that I am excited?!?
squaggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #141
jennileigh
Earning My Ears

.. wow and here I thought we weren't going to have that many cabins involved.. I'm cool with one big group or two smaller ones.. I just ask that we have that finalized by the closing... I have to order more supplies.. I was only making enough for 20 cabins - plus my sisters and beat friend who aren't on the cruise but wants what I am making..

as this is my first fish exchange I'm okay with whatever anyone else choices for the delivery time.. me and my mom planned on acting like little kids - sneaking out of our cabins at like 3am to deliver.. that's our plan now - see me when I'm on the boat nice and comfy in bed, I won't want to leave.. lol

DVC: Saratoga Springs / Animal Kingdom Villas
Cruise: Wonder 9/2000 - Dream 9/2013
Hotels: Aulani, Treehouse Villas, Saratoga Springs, Disneyland Hotel, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, All Star Movies, Sports and Music.
jennileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #142
Kashabear
Mouseketeer

I am happy with one group but there is also the option to have two small groups and those who want to do more be in both groups. Also there will likely be a late FE group that pops up after we are closed. Last cruise I also joined that group and it was a lot of work (some very last minute) but really fun!

I am fine with however it is posted!

I think random delivery is fun because you never know when things will arrive. I don't plan when I deliver- it just happens during a down time or late at night. I made the mistake of trying to deliver in uncomfortable shoes and so I took them off for much of my running around. I was dreading how Nast they would look when I got back to the room. I was shocked and pleased they were barely dirty!!

I also brought a collapsible (flat) picnic type basket that was very easy to pack and I could sort my delivery in it so I could see the cabin numbers and have them in order. I found it easier than a shopping bag.

Liz

Last edited by Kashabear; 07-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Kashabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #143
Navy8tor
Earning My Ears

I don't see a problem leaving it as one big group. You know what they sat, "The more the merrier."

Please don't assign anything. The fun of this is being able to do it in whatever way is best for your family.

Chuck
Navy8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #144
MomofXandG
Earning My Ears

I'm fine with one big group. It doesn't matter to me how the list is posted. And I'd prefer to not have assigned delivery days/times.
MomofXandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #145
baileyjack123
Earning My Ears

I prefer one big group! The kids love getting lots of gifts and they love doing the deliveries. I would rather not have assigned day/times. I like choosing 2 floors per day and going when there is a lull in the day. And my kids are not stealthy...you'll hear them running up to your door and yelling to each other as to who gets to put the gift in your pockets. lol
And I agree, most likely there will be a smaller second FE made for people joining after the cutoff date.
baileyjack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #146
baileyjack123
Earning My Ears

And for those of you who are not crafty like me, I had previously bought a plain canvas garden bag with 3 pockets in the front from Hobby Lobby ($4) for our FE. I bought fabric markers, had the kids decorate their pockets. The pockets were big enough to stick items in and if they were too small, people could always stick it in the big bag part.
baileyjack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #147
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

FE Group

I think one big group is good too!

I like the idea of random drop off times - seems like it will be fun that way. As this is our first FE (and DCL cruise as well), I think the "goodies" will be fun to find when we come back to the cabin!

As for the posting of the list - I like the Google docs idea, but whatever the majority says is good there too!

Thanks Melissa for ALL your hard work in getting this organized!!!!

me (40), DH (40), DD (13, DS (8), DS (3)

fannonzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #148
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Cruise Name

Has anybody come to a consensus on our "Cruise name". I know there are several ideas (I think back on pages 4 and 5)...since it's our family's first DCL cruise - I'm thinking about doing T-shirts to commemorate it!

Old 07-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #149
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynak View Post
Brae -

I found a super easy tutorial! It's located at alittleboltoflife.com. On left, scroll down to January(2013) and you'll see 2nd post is a fish extender tutorial. Hope it's helpful!

Dayna
Thanks Dayna - I'll take a look at it!

Brae

Old 07-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #150
fannonzoo
Earning My Ears

Cruise Name

So - I went back to look at all the suggestions for our cruise name and here they are (so far):

September Disney Dream
September Dreaming
Dreamers 2013
Daring to Dream
Dream Weavers
Dream Catchers
Dreamlanders
A Dream Come True
Once Upon a Dream
Disney DREAMing
Disney DREAMing in September

Any more ideas????

Or does everyone NOT want a "formal" cruise name????

Like I said in my prior post, I think we may do T-shirts, and if there will be a "formal" name, I would like to include it in our design!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: