Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

September 15, 2013 Disney Dream

Welp, I have been waiting and waiting, and checking the threads periodically to see if a 9/15/13 thread has been made. Nothing. So, I guess here I am....getting the party started!

Who's with me?
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
teatah
Earning My Ears

My family will be with you. It is myself, DH, & DD11. We did the same cruise in Sept. 2010 & loved it. Cannot wait to cruise again.

WDW: off site '93, Dixie Landings '96, ASMo '00, '04, '06, '08, Pop '09, '10, '12, AKL '11, AoA '12, OKW '14
DCL: Dream '11 & '13, Magic '13, Wonder '14,
teatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

HI EVERYONE, WE BOOKED THIS CRUISE WHILE DOING A 3 DAY CRUISE ON THE DREAM IN MAY....ONE FINE SHIP. THIS CRUISE WILL BE ; DW AND ME THE HOOSIER DADDY. WE CAN NOT WAIT!
Husurdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

.... I HAVE A QUESTION,.........DOES ANYONE THINK THIS CRUISE DATE WILL TURN OUT TO BE THE DVC MEMBERS CRUISE FOR 2013?.... IF SO I THINK WE SAVED A TON OF $$$.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatah View Post
My family will be with you. It is myself, DH, & DD11. We did the same cruise in Sept. 2010 & loved it. Cannot wait to cruise again.
Yay! So exciting! Any tips for those of us new to fall cruising? Are the nights cool enough to need to bring sweatshirts?

How was Castaway Cay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husurdady View Post
.... I HAVE A QUESTION,.........DOES ANYONE THINK THIS CRUISE DATE WILL TURN OUT TO BE THE DVC MEMBERS CRUISE FOR 2013?.... IF SO I THINK WE SAVED A TON OF $$$.
Hmmmm.....what does that mean? Are cruises priced higher for DVC cruises?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse View Post
Yay! ?

YES....I think so.
Past cruises for us [Sept.,2007, '08 , '09 ,and 2010] , the next four night cruise either after or even before the 4 night DVC cruise would always be a LOT cheaper.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Ack, well I hope not. Because, we are not DVC members, so we would get kicked off that cruise and relocated to another sailing.

I checked, and the particular rooms we are sailing in are sold out for the cruises immediately preceding and following this one.

In any case, I do hope they make an announcement soon, so that if we are displaced, we can start making arrangements or cancel as soon as possible. They say the date is usually announced a year out.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #9
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

WE have been DVC members since 1997.......lets just see if they can kick The Hoosier Daddy off.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WE have been DVC members since 1997.......lets just see if they can kick The Hoosier Daddy off.
Well, since you are a DVC member, you would not be kicked off, I wouldn't think.

It is just we peons that would suffer.

I don't think it would be TOO much of an issue, but definitely an inconvenience. We just need to know about it sooner rather than later. We have to put in for our vacation days November 1st for the following year, and once the vacations are requested, they are locked in.

I've seen that the January 2013 DVC cruise did not sell real well, so I am not sure if that will affect the decision of whether or not to have and when to have the 2013 fall sailing.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
teatah
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yay! So exciting! Any tips for those of us new to fall cruising? Are the nights cool enough to need to bring sweatshirts?

How was Castaway Cay?

We had a drizzly day on Castaway Cay, but it was still beautiful.

Evening weather was still warm. We used sweaters in the restaurants, not outdoors.

We loved September, which is why we booked again.

I hope we do not get moved to another week, we have it paced with the school calendar so only 3-days will be missed.

WDW: off site '93, Dixie Landings '96, ASMo '00, '04, '06, '08, Pop '09, '10, '12, AKL '11, AoA '12, OKW '14
DCL: Dream '11 & '13, Magic '13, Wonder '14,
teatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
rbthntschl
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

I just booked this while I was on the Dream over the weekend. I have done 2 3-night cruises. This will be my first 4-night.

Luv 'n' Stuff
Bob
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, since you are a DVC member, you would not be kicked off, I wouldn't think.

It is just we peons that would suffer.

I don't think it would be TOO much of an issue, but definitely an inconvenience. We just need to know about it sooner rather than later. We have to put in for our vacation days November 1st for the following year, and once the vacations are requested, they are locked in.

I've seen that the January 2013 DVC cruise did not sell real well, so I am not sure if that will affect the decision of whether or not to have and when to have the 2013 fall sailing.
I don't think the "peon" as you call yourself has anything to worry about, the way it looks like right now ,Sept 29th will be the Members cruise.They pulled that booking date off of DCL booksings on SAT. I have some old cruise friends cruisin' than, boy are they all upset. Some are not DVC members.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think the "peon" as you call yourself has anything to worry about, the way it looks like right now ,Sept 29th will be the Members cruise.They pulled that booking date off of DCL booksings on SAT. I have some old cruise friends cruisin' than, boy are they all upset. Some are not DVC members.

Awww......too bad for them. They are welcome to join the awesomest cruise to sail these many moons......Sept 15, 2013!

The date makes sense.....this way, they are able to enjoy the cruise and partake in Food and Wine Festival. We actually almost went with that cruise for that very reason. However, we decided this time around, we wanted September crowd levels more than Food and Wine, so here we are.

I hope more people start coming around.....I am excited to get to the planning portion of this thread, and get a FE group started, too! Maybe toward the beginning of the year, we will have gathered a bigger group by then, and we can get that process started......can't wait.

Until then, feel free to share your plans for this cruise, cruising history, Disney history, etc etc.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
Jrex21
Earning My Ears

*waves*

Hi everyone!!

Just booked this morning! Super excited to be on the Dream again. Our group is a little larger...
DH
Myself
DS-2
Baby #2 (it's a suprise baby that will be here in March:c)

My Sister's Family:
Sister, BIL, and DD-3

AND our parents... aka Mom and Dad.

We sailed with Disney for the first time last October and fell in love, so here we are again! I hope we can get a group going for FE, it was such a blast last time!

Looking forward to chatting it up and making plans!
Jrex21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: