Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #92
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Leaving tomorrow morning for Cape Cod!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #94
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Wow, that's a to of work for pics. Did Jeff just want it all off his phone because I know Michael would?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 08-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #95
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

I am back from Phx and have only got thru your first page but.....so far, the pictures are awesome! Each of you look fabulous and I especially love your top in the first picture on the deck of the ship!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #96
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta
Wow, that's a to of work for pics. Did Jeff just want it all off his phone because I know Michael would?
Well they aren't actually off but I did teach him how to bulk delete lol. He can choose what he wants to keep! He wanted them uploaded into photobucket mostly and didn't want to store them on his laptop as its out of space and almost dead. As is mine and neither of us want our stuff on the kids computer so,,,I saved everything directly to our storage drive and uploaded from there. Wouldn't have been so bad except the iPhone will let you take shots upside down and you don't realize it till you get them on a hard drive and view then. Plus he had 31 videos from the airshow! Nut job lol.

I still have to fix his phone photo orientation and double check I got them all. Maybe tomorrow on the update, depends on the heat. Supposed to be a heat advisory so we may be dining at the lake and staying out of the house until the bugs drive us home.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #97
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Great start! I mean, a TR that has coffee in the title? I'm in! Loved the back story and getting to know about your family.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #98
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Great backstory!! I especially loved seeing the e's so young, such adorable little guys.

I have a hard enough time just making a trip work for my family, I can't imagine having to juggle step kids and their schedules. Not an easy task, but certainly one you're up to.
You being from a blended family has prepared you well in knowing the in's and out's of how to make this all work.

My hat is off to you my dear.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #99
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Been looking forward to your trip report, since reading the pre trip report!! Looking forward to more!!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #100
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
I am back from Phx and have only got thru your first page but.....so far, the pictures are awesome! Each of you look fabulous and I especially love your top in the first picture on the deck of the ship!

You clearly brought the sun back with you! Could it be more gorgeous today? Next 2 are supposed to be scorchers though. What a change from last summer huh.

Welcome home! And to the TR.

Thanks on the top, it was a mothers day present from Evan...except Jeff really picked it out and gave it to Evan to give me, which usually bugs Evan except he liked it to. I was told when I opened it that it would be great on the cruise so kind of had to bring it! I do like it a lot...but it was a little warm for the bahamas which Jeff seemed to realize as I dressed and commented that he hoped I wouldn't be too warm. Which was funny as when I opened it he mentioned how it can get chilly on deck. Uh...that was in Alaska. LOL! Inside though it was ok for most of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
Great start! I mean, a TR that has coffee in the title? I'm in! Loved the back story and getting to know about your family.
Thrilled to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Great backstory!! I especially loved seeing the e's so young, such adorable little guys.

They are so little in those pics it cracks me up, just babies!

Here's a real baby though

Eric wasn't so sure

and my favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I have a hard enough time just making a trip work for my family, I can't imagine having to juggle step kids and their schedules. Not an easy task, but certainly one you're up to.
You being from a blended family has prepared you well in knowing the in's and out's of how to make this all work.

My hat is off to you my dear.
Thanks Millie, I think all families have their challenges and we all muddle along and do our best, it's about all you can do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Been looking forward to your trip report, since reading the pre trip report!! Looking forward to more!!
Aw thanks and

Last edited by eandesmom; 08-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #101
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You clearly brought the sun back with you! Could it be more gorgeous today? Next 2 are supposed to be scorchers though. What a change from last summer huh.

Welcome home! And to the TR.

Thanks on the top, it was a mothers day present from Evan...except Jeff really picked it out and gave it to Evan to give me, which usually bugs Evan except he liked it to. I was told when I opened it that it would be great on the cruise so kind of had to bring it! I do like it a lot...but it was a little warm for the bahamas which Jeff seemed to realize as I dressed and commented that he hoped I wouldn't be too warm. Which was funny as when I opened it he mentioned how it can get chilly on deck. Uh...that was in Alaska. LOL! Inside though it was ok for most of the night.

Thrilled to have you here.

They are so little in those pics it cracks me up, just babies!

Here's a real baby though

Eric wasn't so sure

and my favorites

Thanks Millie, I think all families have their challenges and we all muddle along and do our best, it's about all you can do!

Aw thanks and

Maybe I did bring the sun back with.....but tonight I will be wishing I brought back some A/C too!

The pictures of your little guys are adorable!! Really sweet and just priceless!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #102
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Maybe I did bring the sun back with.....but tonight I will be wishing I brought back some A/C too!

The pictures of your little guys are adorable!! Really sweet and just priceless!
Thanks. They of course don't remember that trip, it was in 2001 at DL but Evan was SO into the characters it was adorable. He'd just run up and hug them. Hug hug hug and get his book signed. Which at 2 is a little unusual, but he had no character fear whatsoever. He waited a full for that and ran away from Santa instead.

So very true, it's going to be miserable today and tomorrow in the house. We will likely decamp and cook down at the lake and hang there till the bugs drive us home both nights.

For the whole 2 nights we need AC for the entire summer I'll still take it, though I kind of wish it was on the weekend. Still, my office has AC! LOL!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #103
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

LOVE your learning curve. Your PTR really left my head spinning -- so the recap was great thanks

Seems funny to see the pictures from your earlier trips -- esp the first one with your whole gang when the E's were so young.

and I loved the tips - Katie will be in 5th grade for our next trip, and we are taking her out of school (I shouldn't but I just can't deal with the crowds when she is actually off school so that's that!). so I will have to be much more diligent in planning the school work end of it.

I'm so looking forward to reading up on your trip. I hope you get to enjoy your own deck more and more as you write your report!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #104
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
LOVE your learning curve. Your PTR really left my head spinning -- so the recap was great thanks
LOL. And here I thought it was fairly straightforward, at least compared to the grand gathering trip.

Quote:
Seems funny to see the pictures from your earlier trips -- esp the first one with your whole gang when the E's were so young.
I wished they remembered more from that trip but at 4 & 5, they really don't.

Quote:
and I loved the tips - Katie will be in 5th grade for our next trip, and we are taking her out of school (I shouldn't but I just can't deal with the crowds when she is actually off school so that's that!). so I will have to be much more diligent in planning the school work end of it.
I wouldn't worry about 5th grade unless there is a big project that's due around that time. Eric had one on our 2009 trip. He was only in 2nd but it was the highly capable class and so we actually worked on it on the plane on the way there and then sent it from FW to his teacher. He could have, and should have, had it done before we left but there were some communication issues, some confusion on actual deliverables and well...it was 2nd grade. Big projects are the only thing I'd worry about in 5th, that and any state testing and planning around those dates.

It is so much nicer with low crowds, I'll only see those on girls trips for the foreseeable future but the good news is that we know enough now to work around those crowds. Thankfully our one park day wasn't bad at all! If I was planning a trip for just the 4 of us, our spring break is ideal as it's not when most schools are and often falls into lower rates. But K has a different school calendar and my nephews do as well so scheduling our next one is a little challenging at best if we want to do the big thing. I hate not knowing it's set in stone, driving me nuts. PDD I guess. That and an in house dichotomy. 2 that want big family WDW trip with cousins, grandparents etc. 2 that want another cruise. Can't do both over the next 2 years. I don't think. At least we shouldn't. It will be interesting.

Quote:
I'm so looking forward to reading up on your trip. I hope you get to enjoy your own deck more and more as you write your report!
LOL! More likely that I'll write update while the E's are at either piano or trombone, that seems to be a good time to start (did last night at trombone actually) but one can hope!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #105
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
So very true, it's going to be miserable today and tomorrow in the house. We will likely decamp and cook down at the lake and hang there till the bugs drive us home both nights.

For the whole 2 nights we need AC for the entire summer I'll still take it, though I kind of wish it was on the weekend. Still, my office has AC! LOL!
Can not even imagine living in a place where a/c was needed for only 2 days of the entire summer. Our a/c is usually turned on in late April and stays on until October!

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: