Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #616
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

All caught up finally -

Oh yes with family a snit happens. Glad you got it out of the way early.
It is true men aren't mindreaders and as long as you can feel comfortable voicing your disappointment and feel understood while doing it all will be fixed.

for finally being on the

I think the kids stay put.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #617
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Those beach pictures are reeeeaaaalllyyyy making me despise the chilly New England October weather! The water looks beautiful!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #618
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wow, the beach looks a lot nicer (less seaweed-y) than when we were there. Timing is everything! It looked very inviting. How were the shells? Did the kids find any treasures?

Loved the "feed the vultures" comment.

Yeah, I don't need to be buried in sand at this point in my life either.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #620
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the new updates, Cynthia. The beach looks soooooooo awesome! We need to get ourselves to Vero one day.
You do! I can't believe you haven't done it pre or post cruise. You must!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Now, what did you do? Going by what I would do ...... being lazy at the beach, but then there are kids to consider too.
Yes, many agendas to consider. Guess noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Yeah, it's hard to get one without the other.
Too true, the necessary evil of beaches.

Quote:
After the morning you had, I can see why.
And if memory serves, it was quite tasty!

Quote:
Archery?
Guess noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I read your update this morning while I still had pictures.

First, it looks like a perfect beach day.
It was, which is part of what made me so ansty. You never know when the rain will come and I wanted to maximize all sunny minutes!

Quote:
Second, one of the things I remember about Vero is, despite the expense, those beach chairs were SO comfortable. Best chaises every.
Agreed, they were wonderful! Worth every penny honestly. though if we'd have been there early in the morning, it would have been a much better bang for the buck!

Quote:
Third, nothing better than a short walk to lunch and an adult beverage.
Agreed! Nothing better than making lunch while drinking said adult beverage. Which if memory serves was mango/orange juice with some Captain Morgan's rum. I had a lot of juice on that trip since I'd given up soda, no more rum and cokes for me!

Quote:
Fourth, I think the boys vote for more beach time, although I could not see the planner very well (in my haste) so perhaps there was some cool stuff on there they had to do.
Well it wasn't just the E's who were voting....

Guess noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I think its a bit cheeky that they charge to rent sun loungers on their beach, i'd say they should be free.
Agreed. Lots of folks bring their own and the canvas chairs are cheaper than the cushioned lounges. Although there is something quite decadent about having someone set up two cushioned loungers and an umbrella for you..and taking them down as well. I liked that part!

Quote:
You sound like me, I can imagine me and DH having that arguement about the pool/beach.
I'm just glad we cleared it up. It wouldn't have resolved itself I know that much.

Quote:
They made a rookie mistake on burying E2, they should have dug a hole first!
didn't think about that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Woo Hoo for finally making it down to the beach! You weren't kidding when you said there were marked turtle nests everywhere.
Crazy huh, it was amazing to see really. You would have no idea there were nests there had they not been marked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The beach looks beautiful and it didn't look too terribly crowded either.
I'm fairly sure the resort was sold out but it is a lovely long beach and plenty of space to spread out so never felt crowded. Not deserted either but just a nice quiet busyness to it that felt perfect. Very "family"
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #621
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Wow... look at how blue that water is... lovely...

Ummm... the kids looked like they were pretty into burying Eric... (he must have been fairly "lightly" buried to get up that easily... the thought of that makes me nervous ...(the burying not the getting up easily...

Are you going to do any more turtle talk?

Hmmm did they want to stay or go...? I'm going with stay...
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #622
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Cynthia! Love the updates! Makes me want to plan for Vero - only problem is, Aulani is calling my name really loudly now.

Your Oct plans look great - lots packed in.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #623
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of the beach make me want to be on vacation so bad right now! Did your kids get sunburned? The pics of Evan in the sand look like he was getting progressively more pink. Hope that wasn't the case.

Your "not the best morning" reminded me of a melt down I had a couple of trips ago. Something to do with rental cars if I remember correctly (why is it always rental cars?). Different people needing to pick up cars on different days and it was in the middle of the day when I wanted to be somewhere else, and Todd was expected to be the chauffer. Not my finest moment either. I can definitely sympathize with how you were feeling.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #624
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, I am so sorry I missed two updates. Between work and moving my mom to the Nursing Home and the Engagement Party, life has been hectic to say the least.

Sorry you had to work on vacation...it sounds very frustrating what you were trying to do. And I don't blame you for the meltdown with not getting to go to the beach when you wanted. I mean...you did ALL the planning for this trip, they should have gone with you.

The beach pictures are beautiful...it looks so serene and clean.

An adult beverage with lunch is just what you needed, I'd say.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #625
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I wish I could have a drink with lunch at work some days! That's frowned upon though.
I'll have to do that on vacation like you did! I can't wait!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #626
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up! Thank you so much for the links, it made it much easier

As I was reading, I was mentally making note of the different things I wanted to comment on, but then I decided that the list was far too long and that everything I had to say had probably already been said by someone else, so I'll refrain!

I will comment on this last update though because I can so relate to how you were feeling that morning. I often have a plan in my head about how I want certain things to go and I am very guilty of not sharing said plan and then getting irritated when things don't go how I wanted them to - something I need to work on, I know.....

I'm glad your day turned around and you got to enjoy the beach after all!

I'm really excited to hear about the turtle walk, think you'll get that far before you leave on Tuesday?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #627
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
good updates while i was away for the last few weeks.
Yes you were away weren't you, you sneaky one you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
gotta love beach vacations and relaxing
You guys do a good beach vacation yourself! Can't go wrong with the beach can you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you made it to the beach! It sounds like the perfect afternoon!
I was SO happy to finally be there, it was just lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Hey Cynthia!

It has been a couple of weeks since I was last able to sit down and read anything that wasn't a troubleshooting guide.
Just reading those two words, troubleshooting guide, makes my eyes bleed.

Quote:
Enjoyed the last sevral updates and happy to hear you finally got you some beach time!
Took long enough to get there huh! I was very happy to feel that sand between my toes.

Quote:
Hope the rest of the day settled down for you. Have fun on your upcoming trip!
Thanks! It did settle down...and then ramp up!

In a good way.

I am VERY excited for the trip. only 3 work days left and only 1.5 of those actually in the office

I'm even mostly packed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love your beach photos. Feed the vultures?
They are vultures. I am telling you this 2 boy thing, only 15 months apart is going to KILL me as they keep eating more and more and more. We are out of food the minute I unpack it these days and it's just going to get worse.

And yet they still are at like the 5% percentile for weight.

Quote:
And tell me more about the turtle nests.....interesting. Did people pretty much leave the taped off areas alone?
People definitely left the nests alone. I'll get into more turtle talk (literally) in a couple of updates, it's fascinating. At Vero they do a great job of protecting them but the area in which they can/o nest is rather huge and while it's all public beach, it's impossibly to mark all the nests. I found this cool fact (way more coming later)

In Brevard County there were 22,871 loggerhead nests in 2011

Quote:
Glad your day became sunny and bright. And a clean kitchen?
Clean has it's drawbacks as you will soon see. It was sunny and bright, and hot. Perfect for jumping in the ocean!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #628
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yes you were away weren't you, you sneaky one you!

i think you underestimate the power of my sneakyness...(said in my best voice from mr deeds)

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #629
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Love your beach pictures! What type of camera were you using?

My guess is that everyone skipped the "activities" and decided to stay at the beach!

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #630
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up finally -

Oh yes with family a snit happens.
Snit does happen!

And I doubled up. Snit happens with family AND work.

Quote:
Glad you got it out of the way early.
At the time it didn't feel early but in retrospect, it really was.

Quote:
It is true men aren't mindreaders and as long as you can feel comfortable voicing your disappointment and feel understood while doing it all will be fixed.
Well, I think it depends on the man. I've had previous relationships where voicing it wouldn't have made an iota of difference nor would I have felt understood. Jeff on the other hand.....

Quote:
for finally being on the

I think the kids stay put.
I was so happy to finally be at the beach!

Guess noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Those beach pictures are reeeeaaaalllyyyy making me despise the chilly New England October weather! The water looks beautiful!
Oh but it is so pretty where you are and I bet the fall colors are amazing!!!

The water really was beautiful. It's funny, some folks complain about the beach as it's not the "white sand" that some people dream of. I loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, the beach looks a lot nicer (less seaweed-y) than when we were there.
No kidding, I was shocked when I saw your pictures. It's funny, I don't even recall there being seaweed but clearly there is a little in my pictures. Many more (and better) beach pictures coming.

Quote:
Timing is everything! It looked very inviting.
It was! Puts my frustration of the morning in a new light huh!

Quote:
How were the shells? Did the kids find any treasures?
It's odd but honestly I don't recall them looking for, or finding shells.
Heavens knows Eric played in the sand enough to find some but I don't have any memory of shells at all and they definitely like looking for treasures...just this weekend at the cabin Evan was looking for rocks. Heart shaped ones to be specific.

Quote:
Loved the "feed the vultures" comment.
Oh my goodness, it is just starting to hit me how brutal HS will be with the two of them. I'm out of groceries before I unpack the bags these days! And yet you could still blow them over with a feather.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't need to be buried in sand at this point in my life either.
I can't imagine anything I'd less like to do! Well ok, maybe I can but it is up there in the NO THANKS factor!

Quote:
Snit happens!
Love that line, definitely keeping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wow... look at how blue that water is... lovely...
it was gorgeous, just gorgeous

Quote:
Ummm... the kids looked like they were pretty into burying Eric... (he must have been fairly "lightly" buried to get up that easily... the thought of that makes me nervous ...(the burying not the getting up easily...
In this instance I think he was, buried lightly. They were very into it. One super cool thing about Vero in particular is how much Kendall played with the E's. It's not always the case, given the age spread as much as anything, and the 3 of them were so cute at times during the Vero portion it just made my heart sing.

Quote:
Are you going to do any more turtle talk?
Lots actually!

Quote:
Hmmm did they want to stay or go...? I'm going with stay...
Guess duly noted!

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: