Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #421
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Tires all better , bank account notBusy morning with the car, cleaning and talking a new staff ( youg) through grocery shopping Poor gal she has never grocery shopped before and has been given that assignment !!!
UGH on the bank account, what a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I felt tired from the minute you said "paddle boat". How the heck you guys were able to pedal for an hour is beyond me!
LOL! Technically only Evan pedaled for an hour. Guess all that bike riding he did over hills all summer to the lake paid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Love, love love the paddleboat idea, but I know I would have never made it that far. You all did awesome!!
Oh you never know, you might have! Evan did awesome, I tried to pedal extra hard on the way back to give him a break though.

Quote:
OKW is so beautiful and sssooooo relaxing!! I love it there!
Me too, I want to go back. Now!

Quote:
I also love staying at SSR in the Cpngress Park area, as it has a wonderful quiet pool and the walkway to DTD with the baby bunnies!! Not sure why, as we would always go different times of the year, but we always saw baby bunnies??
I've heard that about SSR. Haven't stayed there yet although it is our home resort.

Too funny about the bunnies, we saw a ton of them at Vero

Quote:
Love your coffee mug! I hate the small resort mugs also. We leave Thursday and I'm going to miss my Keurig! I told my daughter we should get one of the tiny ones and bring it with us! Her response? "Where will we put it?" (Were driving from TX in her Fiat 500). I told her we could leave the Grandmunchkins home, but for some reason she didn't go for that idea.
The grocery service I used rents them for $25. Not sure of the timeframe of the rental, a week maybe? The mug did have a drawback much as it pains me to admit but I will get to that later in the report.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the cruise part of your vacation as my daughter wants to take a Disney cruise out of TX next year. The Grandmunchkins are younger though, but READY to cruise. They have no idea that being on a boat in the ocean is different than a short boat ride.
There are some great deals out of TX, apparently it's not selling well. I'd book now if rates are low and just move it if you need to. How old are the grandkids?

Quote:
Very much looking forward to more and am amazed that you arrived without being totally frazzled!! Oh yes, loved the pictures of your cats. They are beautiful!!
I think frazzled is a normal state of mind for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
So, I catching up on dis after a long, busy summer and just read all of your posts so far (thanks to the chapter links )
Melissa's here!
my friend!

Quote:
Sounds like a good trip, minus the annoying people on the plane, and a good start to the vacation!
It was a great start! And since they only bothered me (though now Evan swears he remembers them...not!) it really wasn't a big deal at all.

Quote:
I can't even believe your pedal boat story! at least Evan got to see the tree houses! probably a good thing you switched when the patrol boat was out of sight!
LOL! Well, he had seen them on the boat ride to DTD both there and back so it wasn't like a new view. I think he had visions of docking the boat, getting out and really looking at them, he was bummed we didn't make it to the dock. Yes, switching in front of the patrol would not have been a good idea. Wonder if Disney would fine us? I probably signed our life away when I checked it out but really have no idea what they would do.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #422
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Wow! I'm impressed if that is you frazzled, as you held everything together so well and got everything finished in a timely manner!! Impressive!

My Grandmunchkins are 4 and 7. They have been allowed to be 'grazers' and would never last through a formal meal on a cruise. Until that changes, we will have to dream about it. We are 'practicing' for WDW now and they are doing better, but not that well.

Thank you for the tip about renting a Keurig! That's a great idea! I have read that most of the resorts have new coffee makers, that take pods, (not Keurig, but another shaped brand). We are not sure what AKVK has, so will most likely get some bagged Kona, if they have a regular pot! I will keep it in mind for our second week at Marriott!! Thanks again!!:

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #423
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Perfect!
thought you might like that

Quote:
Wow! I'm impressed if that is you frazzled, as you held everything together so well and got everything finished in a timely manner!! Impressive!
not sure the kids would agree that I held it together

Quote:
My Grandmunchkins are 4 and 7. They have been allowed to be 'grazers' and would never last through a formal meal on a cruise. Until that changes, we will have to dream about it. We are 'practicing' for WDW now and they are doing better, but not that well.
There are other options than the formal meals. The buffet is available at all times, for all meals pretty much and can be an alternative to the sit downs. As is room service and the counter service locations. With the kids clubs, it's possible to take kids to graze at one location, check them in, and then have a nice sit down dinner without them. There are people who never go to the main dining room at all, or do mostly the adult only locations.

Quote:
Thank you for the tip about renting a Keurig! That's a great idea! I have read that most of the resorts have new coffee makers, that take pods, (not Keurig, but another shaped brand). We are not sure what AKVK has, so will most likely get some bagged Kona, if they have a regular pot! I will keep it in mind for our second week at Marriott!! Thanks again!!:
I've read that too although I've not actually seen one in a resort. The 1B at AKV Jambo has a standard mr. coffee.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #424
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
thought you might like that

not sure the kids would agree that I held it together

There are other options than the formal meals. The buffet is available at all times, for all meals pretty much and can be an alternative to the sit downs. As is room service and the counter service locations. With the kids clubs, it's possible to take kids to graze at one location, check them in, and then have a nice sit down dinner without them. There are people who never go to the main dining room at all, or do mostly the adult only locations.

I've read that too although I've not actually seen one in a resort. The 1B at AKV Jambo has a standard mr. coffee.
Now you have me giving serious thought to the cruise!! : Thank you for all the information and about the coffee pots also!! Two days until we leave!!! :

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
Old 09-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #425
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AS far as I understand it, the normal resorts are changing over to the pod style coffee makers, the DVC villas will keep the ones they have now. But this is just what I concluded from what I read, not any official info.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #426
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Now you have me giving serious thought to the cruise!! : Thank you for all the information and about the coffee pots also!! Two days until we leave!!! :
have a GREAT trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
AS far as I understand it, the normal resorts are changing over to the pod style coffee makers, the DVC villas will keep the ones they have now. But this is just what I concluded from what I read, not any official info.
That's what I've heard too, but I'm not sure I've actually heard from anyone who has gotten a pod brewer yet either. LOL!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #427
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Well I finally got all nice and caught up.

That paddle boat incident had me cracking right up.

Glad you made it back to the dock!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #428
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit
Well I finally got all nice and caught up.
Cool! Handy dandy chapter links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit
That paddle boat incident had me cracking right up.

Glad you made it back to the dock!
It was entertaining, especially after the fact! Glad we made it back to the dock too

Last edited by eandesmom; 09-13-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #429
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Subbing, got the shameless plug from Mark (Captain Oblivious)'s TR. I got a chuckle out of your epic pedalboat trip story!

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #430
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Subbing, got the shameless plug from Mark (Captain Oblivious)'s TR. I got a chuckle out of your epic pedalboat trip story!
Gotta love shambles plugs! Although that was one of the funniest ones ever, I have to admit!

Very happy to have you here. I don't have any cool games though, however I have been known to give out slushie credits here and there.

The paddleboat adventure was epic to be sure. Definitely a memory and a story that's going to stick and I love those! I would do it again.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #431
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Guess whose at a conference for mental health diagnosis changes and could really use an update?
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Dec 2013 Disneyland trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
Old 09-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #432
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta
Guess whose at a conference for mental health diagnosis changes and could really use an update?
Lol! I'd better get busy then! I'd started it the other night and then my computer crashed. Need to restart.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #433
rentayenta

Quote:
Lol! I'd better get busy then! I'd started it the other night and then my computer crashed. Need to restart.

Darn computers! I keep spacing making our breakfast ADR. What time works for you guys?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #435
rentayenta

Quote:
I think we are pretty open, whatever is best for you!

10/22 right? Any really. 9? 8? Boardwalk area, right?

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: