Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #31
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love all of the stuff you bought at the Disney Store! Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorite movies - all because (like your mom) I love both the 3 good Fairies and Maleficent.

That's really sweet of y'all to help make a magical trip for the Make a Wish child.
Yay for both good and bad fairies! She's very excited to make the cloaks for those little girls. We're going to send them ahead and have them placed in their room! My moms idea! SUCH a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Agreed...they are Ambassors of Disney Magic
I didn't know that! That is SO cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Fantastic news about the cabin upgrade!

Really good call on flying into Cali a day early.

Oh, I was just looking at the villain stuff the other day. I loved the Cruella notebook, but the one you got may have been even better. Sadly, I didn't order anything - saving all the pennies for our next Disney trip.

The cloak is beautiful. And so sweet. :

So....where's your next cruise!!!

Yes, we're both really glad we changed our plans. I feel so much better about it and so does my mom. This way it will give us a day to get some rest before we got on board. Otherwise we probably would have been SO tired that Sunday evening.

I figure I'll use the journal as my note taking journal for the cruise. I was going to buy one anyway...

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #32
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

45 Days To GO!!!!!

I need to do an update! I keep writing one and then sayingÖehhÖits to boring and then deleting it. But I know I just need to post one. Sadly nothing new has really happened.

Iím working on lists, lists, lists! Those are always fun, and I was going to start organizing bits and pieces. Such as clothes weíll wear on the ship, but we wont be wearing right now. But I want to wash them now, and then hang them up so that I wont have to wash them before we leave! Iíll just have to fold and pack.

OH! I did look around online for a new boarding spot for my cats. Not that I hate the vets I normally board them with, I just feel like they donít give Lexxie the attention she needs because they donít like her. So I found one place online that has had great reviews, so Iíll be making an apt to go look at their boarding area. I think thatís AWESOME that you get to see where your animals live. I mean, its 2 weeks. I donít want Lexxie to be ignored for 2 weeks because she can have a bad attitude! She doesnít bite or scratch she just yells at you.

Iím also going to return the tiny laptop. Its just not doing what I want it to do. So this week Iíll return it. All in all the trip is coming together. Iím super excited and so is my mom. Apparently someone at her work often goes on Disney Cruises and she will come into my moms office and screech: HOW MANY MORE DAYS!? Hee hee, my mom couldnít remember yesterday and the lady was shocked! In a funny way that is.

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

subscribed!

can't wait..now I am questioning my choice of excursions..

BTW - sometime on board we can talk about my gluten free lifestyle..

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #34
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
subscribed!

can't wait..now I am questioning my choice of excursions..

BTW - sometime on board we can talk about my gluten free lifestyle..
HI!!!! YAY!

Why are you questioning your choice of excursions!?

One of my really good friends is Gluten Free!!! So I have some great recipes!

Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #35
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Hitting a Speedbump...

Hello All,

Sorry its been awhile since my last update. I havenít really been doing much. Iím sickÖbut with a weird sickness. We donít really know what it is, but I believe its some sort of autoimmune disorder. They tend to run in my family. The problem is, I have no job and no insurance to go get it checked out, so my mom and I are debating on if I should go up to AK for a few weeks and get looked at up there. Iím Alaskan Native and get free health careÖso Iíll keep you posted on that front. If anyone out there has Lupus or know anything about it a PM would be wonderful!!!

As for the trip we are still EXTREMLY excited and I still have much to do. Iím hoping this bout of ickness will go away so I can get back to planning. I still need to set up boarding for the cats, find my moms passport, clean out luggage, work on FE giftsÖthe list continues!!!

Iím also super excited to get a laminating machine and get to making magnets for our door!!! Anyone have any good tips on making magnets!?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #36
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick! I hope you can get up to AK to get it checked out.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick! I hope you can get up to AK to get it checked out.
Thank you! It'll have to wait for after the Cruise! That comes first! I'm feeling a bit better.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #38
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

35 More Days! SAY WHAT!?

SAY WHAT!? 35 Days to go!!!!!!

Wow, just WOW! I am getting SO excited!!! Some major things I need to do:

-Call Disney, ask if they have wheelchairsÖ(If Iím still feeling under the weather that is)

-Go get a laminator!!! MAKE MAGNETS!

-Help mom finish FE gifts

-Help mom finish cloaks

-Start organizing stuff!!! (clothes and whatnot)

-Call to set up apts for Cats!!!

-Go get a spray on tan! Cus I look like Iíve lived in the dark.

There are still so many things to do. Oh and I have to return the tiny computer.
TODAY people started getting their tags and stuff from Disney! When I read that I walked to the mail box, which took ALL of my energy. It was killerÖand no Disney packet. SAD FACE! I need to call our Disney guy and cancel our bus service from the airport. Maybe Iíll email himÖ.

Iíll do another update probably tomorrow!!! Tomorrow I am getting my bum OUT of this house no matter how I feel. I need to start making magnets! And I need to walk some so in case I still feel crappy I can have SOME stamina. Iím finally starting to eat again, so thatís ONE good sign. I need to eat moreÖbecause the FIRST thing on the ship I want besides a DOTD! Is FRENCH FRIES! Yum.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #39
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

I am sorry that you still dont feel well..( hugs)

as far as magnets..there is a lady on the DIS that makes designs foe them and you print them out..check out Cruise Magnet Graphics by Milliepie

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #40
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
Hello All,

Sorry its been awhile since my last update. I havenít really been doing much. Iím sickÖbut with a weird sickness. We donít really know what it is, but I believe its some sort of autoimmune disorder. They tend to run in my family. The problem is, I have no job and no insurance to go get it checked out, so my mom and I are debating on if I should go up to AK for a few weeks and get looked at up there. Iím Alaskan Native and get free health careÖso Iíll keep you posted on that front. If anyone out there has Lupus or know anything about it a PM would be wonderful!!!

As for the trip we are still EXTREMLY excited and I still have much to do. Iím hoping this bout of ickness will go away so I can get back to planning. I still need to set up boarding for the cats, find my moms passport, clean out luggage, work on FE giftsÖthe list continues!!!

Iím also super excited to get a laminating machine and get to making magnets for our door!!! Anyone have any good tips on making magnets!?
Oh no! I hope you are feeling better. And I REALLY hope you get checked out - whether you have to go to Alaska or just find someone there to help despite the lack of insurance. You have to take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
SAY WHAT!? 35 Days to go!!!!!!

Wow, just WOW! I am getting SO excited!!! Some major things I need to do:

-Call Disney, ask if they have wheelchairsÖ(If Iím still feeling under the weather that is)

-Go get a laminator!!! MAKE MAGNETS!

-Help mom finish FE gifts

-Help mom finish cloaks

-Start organizing stuff!!! (clothes and whatnot)

-Call to set up apts for Cats!!!

-Go get a spray on tan! Cus I look like Iíve lived in the dark.

There are still so many things to do. Oh and I have to return the tiny computer.
TODAY people started getting their tags and stuff from Disney! When I read that I walked to the mail box, which took ALL of my energy. It was killerÖand no Disney packet. SAD FACE! I need to call our Disney guy and cancel our bus service from the airport. Maybe Iíll email himÖ.

Iíll do another update probably tomorrow!!! Tomorrow I am getting my bum OUT of this house no matter how I feel. I need to start making magnets! And I need to walk some so in case I still feel crappy I can have SOME stamina. Iím finally starting to eat again, so thatís ONE good sign. I need to eat moreÖbecause the FIRST thing on the ship I want besides a DOTD! Is FRENCH FRIES! Yum.
Oh my gosh - the cruise is so close! I hope that you will be well enough to enjoy it.

No need to waste money on a laminator machine - you can buy sheets that don't require a machine and work really well. For my magnets, I didn't even bother - I just printed on photo stock paper and glued them to a roll of magnet sheet and cut them out. They held up great - will probably use some of them on the next cruise.
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #41
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh no! I hope you are feeling better. And I REALLY hope you get checked out - whether you have to go to Alaska or just find someone there to help despite the lack of insurance. You have to take care of yourself.

Oh my gosh - the cruise is so close! I hope that you will be well enough to enjoy it.

No need to waste money on a laminator machine - you can buy sheets that don't require a machine and work really well. For my magnets, I didn't even bother - I just printed on photo stock paper and glued them to a roll of magnet sheet and cut them out. They held up great - will probably use some of them on the next cruise.
Oh yes, I'll be going back up to Alaska in November most likely. Just for a couple of weeks to get tested. And I'll probably have to go back a few more times, but at least it will only cost a plane ticket and cooking for my aunt and uncle!

OHHHHH! The cardstock idea is a GREAT idea! But I also plan on doing A LOT! Every day is going to be a theme and then a few will stay on for the whole two weeks. But card stock would be cheaper. Thats such a great idea! Thank you!!!

I can't believe its coming up so soon. I just tried on some of my clothes and I have to go shopping for a couple pair of pants. I've lost at least 10 lbs with this sickness. At least its only pants, my skirts still fit me just fine!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #42
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
I am sorry that you still dont feel well..( hugs)

as far as magnets..there is a lady on the DIS that makes designs foe them and you print them out..check out Cruise Magnet Graphics by Milliepie
Thank you! I'm getting better every day right now. I just don't want to be in pain and always tired on the cruise. That would NOT be fun! I asked Milliepie to make three for me!!! I had her do my name and my moms name and then put two kittens in a porthole for my kitties. I'll be doing a different theme for each day with my magnets! Not to worry I will be taking pictures of my door EVERY day!

Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #43
amandaw
DIS Veteran

The good thing about having a long "to do" list is that it usually helps the time leading up to vacation pass quickly.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #44
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The good thing about having a long "to do" list is that it usually helps the time leading up to vacation pass quickly.
Yes!!!! We haven't started our lists yet, but we SO need to get started! We're watching a movie now, maybe I'll start lists now! Hazaa!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #45
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

No Disney Documents Yet

31 Days to go! Still no Disney Documents though! Iím so SAD about that!
My mom and I did start our major lists this weekend, lists for packing, lists of last minute things to buy, lists of things to do. Like I still need to call the cat place. Ugh. Still not looking forward to that.

We have 70 some odd rooms that weíll be doing FE gifts for! My moms almost done with her bit of them, and we received our other ones in the mail the other day. YAY! Weíll be using the ones we got in the mail for Pirate night! Its super fun!

My mom might be taking at least one day off a week until we leave, or until I get at least 90% of my energy back. Iím doing much better but I donít really want to drive alone just in case. And she still needs to make the cloaks for the little girls. I think weíll be going to get some more fabric this weekend.

I also need to work on my magnets! EEP! They are going to be so awesome though! I think weíll be sending our FE gifts, magnets and the cloaks through the mail to the ship. Iíve been told weíre able to do that.

In other newsÖ.there isnít much. I may be taking a small trip to New York with a friend of mine at the end of September. THAT will be fun. Iíll let you know if that happens. OH! And its finally cooling down here! FINALLY! I can open the door at night and listen to the crickets! Its so wonderful and my cats love looking out.

Hereís hoping tomorrow we get our documents!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: