Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

I am so anxious for my dates! We have such a complicated trip, and I am not sure how things will work out. We've been approved for a wish, met our grantors, gave them all our info back I early August. Now I am waiting for the call.. I am worried they cannot fulfill the wish because it's too cost restrictive. There are six in our family, and we had to ask for a third adult or nurse to be a caretaker for Luke.we wanted to go in mid October , butthe days keep flying by with no news. I am becoming a bit sad over he whole ordeal. Maybe we should have had asked for a pool instead?It's just that Luke has never gotten to go on our family vacations before. "dear God, please let this work out, and bring some sort of peaceful outcome during this process" thank you,God amen. Peace be granted to all who struggle with these issues daily!

Visiting the darkside yearly since 2004
Staying Club RPR or HRH
Threeboysandachickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #17
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Yikes!! my ds MAW trip is on! We are headed to Disney November 2-9 stayimh 2 extra days.bthe first forbthe airport arrival, and the9 for an extra day f fun! am so stinking excited.
We have three choices for our wish: pirates league, grinchmas breakfast, or lunch at Cinderella's royal table!. Now it's stArting to feel real! We are taking our aunt sue along to help us Corral the kiddos.
Now we have to decide where to stay during our extended weekended vacation, what to do when!, and what in gods name are we going to wear!!!!! Any help is welcomed with open arms

Happy dancing

Staying Club RPR or HRH

Last edited by Threeboysandachickie; 10-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

To stay extra or not to stay. I want to stay a few extra days. Dh wants to spend the money we'd be spending on hotel and food on entertainment and souvenirs.is $50 per person really enough for souvenirs? Add in food and pirated league snacks table food and one sit down meal,not to mention food and wine yummy, I don't know if staying more just to experience legoland and space center is worth it,does anyone have advise? We are not commandos. We tour rest tour and crash at pool . That is our usual vacation plan. Bed by 8 kids and 10/11 adults.we get up early and go till we desperately need food. After food we swim. So, do we save to stay longer, or just stay the 7 dats and save extra money for extras?

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Yay for dates!! So excited for you guys. It is coming up fast! How many days are you there through MAW? If we are able to extend we will. We will be there 7 days but 2 days will be travel days as we are coming from the west coast so we will arrive late the first day. I have no idea when we would be leaving the last day. Plus, I don't think we will be able to afford to go back to Florida let alone Disney World anytime soon! So we want to get the most out of the trip we can. Have fun planning!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
onceagain1
Mouseketeer

Your PTR

Hi there,

Just read your PTR, and perhaps while it sounds not quite ideal (not sure how it read before), really, whose PTR is ideal in the realm of wishes....that's the whole reason our special kids have wishes. Hugs to you. You've got quite the challenges.

Very excited that you have dates. I don't know what to say about whether to forgo some extras to use on staying longer. Guess it depends on what camp you fall into...not sure what camp I'd fall into. My kids will also not last forever. My general idea is to get on the go early, and let them nap as needed in the stroller (ODD-wish child will fall asleep when tired, in car, not sure if still will in stroller with excitement). If kids get too tired, then my plan is just to head back to GKTW, have some rest and then enjoy GK for the rest of the day. Did you see someone else post about buying a ticket for the Mickey parade, which then gets you into Disney for that day, after 4pm? I might do that, and then plan would be to spend the morning elsewhere, either at Universal or something or at GK. That might be an option for you, as then you're paying for the tickets, and also getting to enjoy Disney at bit more, if I understand correctly.

Chatterbox's Pre-Trip Report

December 14 - December 22, 2012
onceagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Heres the schedule the kids came up with on the fly last night. Subject to much change and argument!!!!!

Make a wish schedule

2 nov Friday
Depart cr at 6am
Hollywood studios
Pirate princess party GKTW

3 nov Saturday
Horseback riding GKTW
Islands of adventure
splash bash BBQ GKTW

4 nov Sunday
Magical kingdom
candyland game GKTW

5 nov Monday
Mickey picture gktw
Epcot food and wine
animal kingdom animal face paint!
Halloween GKTW party

6 nov Tuesday
Nickelodeon character picture gktw
Sea world
Birthday party GKTW

7 nov Wednesday
Horseback riding GKTW
Universal studios
Village idol (kids night out?) GKTW

8 nov Thursday
legoland/space shuttle split
Extended night

9 nov Friday
Extended day
leave

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93
Yay for dates!! So excited for you guys. It is coming up fast! How many days are you there through MAW? If we are able to extend we will. We will be there 7 days but 2 days will be travel days as we are coming from the west coast so we will arrive late the first day. I have no idea when we would be leaving the last day. Plus, I don't think we will be able to afford to go back to Florida let alone Disney World anytime soon! So we want to get the most out of the trip we can. Have fun planning!

Jackie
We won't be back soon either! I think we will just stay one extra day so the big boys can choose their special activities. Luke won't be able handle much more. We will be lucky he manages what we have planned. Lots of breaks with lots of swimming is our strategy!

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceagain1
Hi there,

Just read your PTR, and perhaps while it sounds not quite ideal (not sure how it read before), really, whose PTR is ideal in the realm of wishes....that's the whole reason our special kids have wishes. Hugs to you. You've got quite the challenges.

Very excited that you have dates. I don't know what to say about whether to forgo some extras to use on staying longer. Guess it depends on what camp you fall into...not sure what camp I'd fall into. My kids will also not last forever. My general idea is to get on the go early, and let them nap as needed in the stroller (ODD-wish child will fall asleep when tired, in car, not sure if still will in stroller with excitement). If kids get too tired, then my plan is just to head back to GKTW, have some rest and then enjoy GK for the rest of the day. Did you see someone else post about buying a ticket for the Mickey parade, which then gets you into Disney for that day, after 4pm? I might do that, and then plan would be to spend the morning elsewhere, either at Universal or something or at GK. That might be an option for you, as then you're paying for the tickets, and also getting to enjoy Disney at bit more, if I understand correctly.
Thanks for reading! We have the same touring strategy! Go early and take afternoon swim/nap breaks. We are not late night peeps and don't handle crowds well, so we are not even attempting the ticketed events. We will take it slow and focus on Luke, the other kids have been to universal many times before. It's Disney we are a bit nervous about! Dd wants to see it all. I have told her when she's older we can talk about a special Disney trip if she doesn't get it all done, but this trip is about Luke! we are very disappointed that we will be missing the Christmas party at gktw. We come in on Friday and the party is thursday night. That's a bummer!

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #24
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

YA!!!

I wanted to let you know that the weather in Nov will be warm during the day and chilly at night - in the low 60's- so pack accordingly.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great ! I think extending helps make the trip seem not so rushed. I know it was wonderful for us to be able to take our time and relax a bit.
On most nights we were back at GKTW fairly early .. it really worked out great for us.
Your kids are just adorable !

Looking forward to reading more !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #26
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Never feel like you need to apologize for sharing your heart (kids). Everyone here has walked (and will continue to walk) some sad paths in life. You didn't bum me out at all and your kids are SO ADORABLE!!

Congratulations on your dates! Sorry your initial meeting wasn't as magical as you'd hoped. I think everyone's experience is different, in that regard.

Happy planning!!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #27
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

I am stressed out with Luke's trip this week. We were approved to take a third adult along to help with the trip. Unfortunately, the dates didn't fit into dh's sisters work schedule, so she can't come. Long story short, we have asked over five people to come along and no one can make it work. I really do not want to change our dates, our next dates would probably be december or January. I am frustrated, we are offering up a free vacation, but our son is hard to chase, so we have age and experience requirements. College students are out because it's an exam week, and it's not a paid nursing position so I can't offer a salary. I will have to call my maw chapter on Monday and see if they have any advice.

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
YA!!!

I wanted to let you know that the weather in Nov will be warm during the day and chilly at night - in the low 60's- so pack accordingly.
We are definitely hoping for warm weather!mwe are a family of major swimmers, three of the kids Are on swim club back home. They will be upset if they see a pool,and cannot climb into it.

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #29
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Never feel like you need to apologize for sharing your heart (kids). Everyone here has walked (and will continue to walk) some sad paths in life. You didn't bum me out at all and your kids are SO ADORABLE!!

Congratulations on your dates! Sorry your initial meeting wasn't as magical as you'd hoped. I think everyone's experience is different, in that regard.

Happy planning!!
Thanks., sometimes I become self conscious after I post and feel like I need to make it more PC so I dont offend anyone. To usnour son s perfect andwe love him, we just explain its how he is,without fancy terms and flowerly outlooks. Many times this causes offence in others. I am highly educated, (you would not know it with my stupid ipad typing skills!!!) but I am crass, and I tell it like i know even though it can be offensive. I will reign in my inner crazy and be very polite and accommodating here on out...I hope!

Hope things are going well in your family. November is coming up on us quickly!

Staying Club RPR or HRH
Old 09-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
Threeboysandachickie
Make a Wish trip mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Your plans look great ! I think extending helps make the trip seem not so rushed. I know it was wonderful for us to be able to take our time and relax a bit.
On most nights we were back at GKTW fairly early .. it really worked out great for us.
Your kids are just adorable !

Looking forward to reading more !
Thanks for joining in! I loved following your trip report. My kids love Harry potter, and islands of adventure will be one of our first parks! Your boys are very sweet, the have tat same twinkle in their eyes that mine do! Best of luckin Disneyland!!

Staying Club RPR or HRH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: