Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #76
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi , Just started reading your trip report. Enjoying it so far!! -Amanda
Old 10-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #77
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
I meant distance wise but thanks for the countdown too! haha 3 hours...thats awesome! I'm jealous...I'm a 3 hour plane ride

Seriously..some people (including cm's) are just so clueless about Disney..I don't get it!

Great updates! I haven't eaten at either of those places in MK. I really want to try Columbia Harbor House though! Maybe in December. I have a reservation for Liberty Tree but not sure if we want to waste time at a sit down meal since we're only going to MK for MVMCP. We'll see!

I love the Jungle Cruise!
3 hours is nice, but it's not close enough for the parental units to drop everything and go if we're looking for something to do. I'm hoping to go to UCF in a year and a half and it's only half an hour away.

We usually give advice to people in line or on the buses and they always ask how we know so much about Disney.

Columbia House was good, but I like Pinnoch and Casey's the best. I'm excited to try the Beast's Castle for lunch! It it were me, I wouldn't want to waste limited park time, but that's just me. I haven't been to Liberty since they had the characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi , Just started reading your trip report. Enjoying it so far!! -Amanda
Thanks for joining in, Amanda! Glad to hear you're enjoying it!!

"You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!" An Aug '12 TR!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973705

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #78
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post
3 hours is nice, but it's not close enough for the parental units to drop everything and go if we're looking for something to do. I'm hoping to go to UCF in a year and a half and it's only half an hour away.

We usually give advice to people in line or on the buses and they always ask how we know so much about Disney.

Columbia House was good, but I like Pinnoch and Casey's the best. I'm excited to try the Beast's Castle for lunch! It it were me, I wouldn't want to waste limited park time, but that's just me. I haven't been to Liberty since they had the characters.
UCF? Thats awesome! What are you going for? A family friend just got a job there and moved down in August...she has other family down there also. When we were down in September, she took me on a little tour of the campus...I can't believe how huge it is! I'm use to my little campus. I joked how mine would fit in UCF's parking garage!

I haven't been to Pinnochio or Casey's either! We always eat at Pecos Bill's. We really like Liberty Tree and we have a cm friend who works there. But yes, I don't really want to waste time eating there. Who knows!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #79
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
UCF? Thats awesome! What are you going for? A family friend just got a job there and moved down in August...she has other family down there also. When we were down in September, she took me on a little tour of the campus...I can't believe how huge it is! I'm use to my little campus. I joked how mine would fit in UCF's parking garage!

I haven't been to Pinnochio or Casey's either! We always eat at Pecos Bill's. We really like Liberty Tree and we have a cm friend who works there. But yes, I don't really want to waste time eating there. Who knows!
I'm still undecided but I think I've narrowed it down to hotel management, public relations, and marketing. It's my dream school! I HAVE to go there. What is your friend doing there? I haven't been to the actual school before, but it's the largest school in the country. I'm planning a trip for probably spring break to tour UCF, USF, and Uni of Tampa. Hopefully, there will be a few Disney days, too.
That's funny about your school fitting in the parking garage. What college do you go to? I love the feel of a large campus. The high school I go to now is HUGE.
Oh, you have to add them to your list! They're awesome. LT never makes it on the list, mostly because there's no characters, but I've heard the food is good. You can't go wrong with LT or CS.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #80
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Mother and I went to go stomp and clap at Country Bear Jamboree.

Everything was going great until IT happened.
Brace yourself.

My phone died. It was tragic. Stupid me put the phone NEXT to the charger while in the room. The charger was plugged in, too. I know. I know. I'm a genius.

The poor phone was just having too much fun partying and sending pics to the unfortunate souls at home. This weekend, I'm a poor, unfortunate soul and am at the receiving end of the Disney pics. I'll have to fix that in 27 days.

We then went to go get two FPs for both Splash and Thunder for Amy and I and then met up with Amy and Dad in Fantasyland.

I have an obsession with taking reflection pictures.

Some crowd pictures.

This was probably the worse I've ever seen the forbidden land.
There was another bathroom break and the Mexicans were there. This was my second time seeing them this trip. They were blocking the whole bathroom, talking. I said "excuse me," and they didn't or pretended that they didn't speak English.

Alright, that's fine. I took 4 years of Spanish for a reason. It's showtime. I could not remember how to kindly say "Move it" in Spanish to save my life and I just finished the darn class two months prior.

The best I could do was "excusey me, por favor!"
Fail.

I took care of business, traded for a JC cruise pin, and then moved on with my life.
My new treasures.

Peter Pan warned me to be on the lookout for pirates who might try to take them. It was perfect.
The line for Small World was still long and I had announced a few hours prior that only idiots wait in line for IASW. Mother decided we were going to be idiots and we got in line.
IASW is a great place for family pictures, in case you didn't already know.

I always take pics of the same things on this ride, so this time I was on the lookout for things I normally don't see.

These have my favorite dolls on this ride since I can remember.

Amy always picks a sign and then says "let's see who can find the xyz sign first."

We then used FPs for Pan. The CM who stands at the part where your lap bar goes down was so precious. He moved his hand over your lap bar as if he were sprinkling pixie dust at the exact second that it goes down for every pirate ship. I wanted to cry.
As Effie would say, I just love this.

Moving on out to Fronteirland and I am not kidding when I say that Amy found a fp on the ground for Thunder that was the same time as ours, so Dad came along.

I picked a line and Dad and Amy were against me, so we went there way. I was right, by the way.

Last edited by PanIsMine; 10-25-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #81
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

I had forgotten how much fun Thunder Mountain is. It's not too crazy, but not boring either. It's just right. I had a giant grin the whole time. I felt like an old pro, so I had my camera out the whole time, which is extremely risky for me. I was snapping pics of us the whole time, but it was at the wrong angle. This was the only good shot I got.

Last Christmas, we rode Thunder three times in a row with out getting off.
It was then time for our Splash FPs. Mom and Dad sat it out bc they didn't want to get wet. Wimps. I didn't have my poncho to cheat and of course the only time in my whole life that I don't have a poncho, I get pretty wet.
It wasn't from our final drop. Oh, no.
We were coming around and were in harm's way when a log was going down the big drop. Big puddle of water right in my lap. Ugh!
I still love you, Splash.
Amy got some pixie dust.

We then went to one my favorite spots for Wishes, right by Haunted Mansion. There's no one there, but later on in the trip, I saw Wishes in front of the castle, realized what the hype is all about and it changed my life.

This was my twitter profile pic for a while, but then I decided to be more livelier and changed it to a pic of me with Mickey and Minnie sporting my ears.

Mom and Dad were punished for sitting out Splash.

We then went on the Haunted Mansion. I was standing by the cemetery staring down Madom Leeoda when her eyeballs moved. I had been up for 16 hours and jumped 100 feet in the air.
Amy and Dad then went on Space and Mom and I went shopping.

We helped Mickey prepare for our November trip.

We were on our way to Tomorrowland when we got distracted.

The second MSEP was about to start and there was literally no one there. We got front row seats by Sleepy Hallow. I used to show up to a parade at the last minute and stand a mile away, but this parade changed my life style. Front row is the way to go. SO magical. I also fell in love with MSEP, but I want Spectro back.
I might of acted like I was 5.

Last edited by PanIsMine; 10-25-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #82
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Hello, Prince Charming.

The funniest thing happened. They have some weird people who walk around in the parade. Mother was standing up (There was no one behind us) and was on the phone with Dad, her head turned away from the awesomeness for some strange reason when one of the weird people put his chin on her shoulder and asked her "Whatcha doing" in his high-pitched voice. She jumped about 500 feet in the air. The guy then apologized and they hugged. Everyone was laughing at her,especially me.
EMH had now officially begun.

We met up with the others in Tomorrowland where we had some fro-yo.
It was SO crowded. The line was out the door for Buzz and Monster's Inc you had to wait two shows. I didn't even dare look at Space Mountain. We were really tired, so we decided to make our way out.
I got caught up in the moment.

A family asked me to take their pic with a DSLR that was about a foot long. It was intimidating. I was then asked by another by another family to take their pic with a one-time-use camera. I didn't even know that people still use those. Where do you get it developed? I don't know what I would do if I could only take 24 pics in Disney.

Dad and Amy went to the bus and Mom had to go to the bathroom and insisted I wait for her. I asked her if she could go alone and she said no. I sat on the bench by the barbershop, tired and ready to go when the music got loud and the Castle Medley started playing. The trees' lights were sparkling and I felt like something was going on at the castle, but was too lazy to go investigate.

The Medley ended and I heard a girl running, shouting "Oh my gosh! That was amazing! The castle kept changing colors every second." And I missed it. Shame on me. I then got drunk on pixie dust from being on Main Street and felt wide awake. I could of then easily stayed until 2 AM.

Amy called to inform us that the bus was about to pull up and so I started to book it, but Mother was too tired to run. We missed the bus by a minute and had to wait a while for a new one, but at least we got seats.
The Yacht/Beach bus was packed like sardines.

The bus was dark and the driver was playing peaceful music from the parks. Most people were sleeping, but I had a giant grin on my face from the music.

When we got back to the room, I checked Facebook for the first time this trip and found out that one of the teacher's at my school husband was killed on his bike by a car that was escaping after a robbery. She was my fourth grade teacher and is the sponsor of a honor society I'm in and it broke our hearts. I also saw on Facebook that a boy's, I don't know him, but a friend commented on his status , dad died and he did his best to save him with CPR. I felt so guilty that I was in the happiest place on earth with my healthy family, having the time of my life and all of these people were grieving.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #83
MeMom
DIS Veteran

What fun it was to see all of your Magic Kingdom fun this morning! I am totally with you on getting Spectro back.

Your mom must be busy with work. I haven't seen her around DIStown lately. Tell her hello. The family pictures are nice. Looks like everyone is having a good time.

I feel like I take the same pictures on Small World, too.

The Yacht & Beach Club bus picture was kind of funny. It doesn't really matter if you are staying deluxe or value - you may still have to stand on the bus!

Life is a series of ups and downs, good times and bad. We have to cherish those happy (and happiest place) moments, because we will all have our turns at the bad and sad ones. I have so many people in my circle right now who are going through tough times, too. I have friends who are dying, and it is a sad time. We can only encourage and support and love the families through their struggles and hope they will do the same for us when the roles are reversed. Thoughts and prayers for your friends who have lost these special people in their lives.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #84
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm still undecided but I think I've narrowed it down to hotel management, public relations, and marketing. It's my dream school! I HAVE to go there. What is your friend doing there? I haven't been to the actual school before, but it's the largest school in the country. I'm planning a trip for probably spring break to tour UCF, USF, and Uni of Tampa. Hopefully, there will be a few Disney days, too.
That's funny about your school fitting in the parking garage. What college do you go to? I love the feel of a large campus. The high school I go to now is HUGE.
Oh, you have to add them to your list! They're awesome. LT never makes it on the list, mostly because there's no characters, but I've heard the food is good. You can't go wrong with LT or CS.
My friend is a teacher for the preschool on campus. Sounds like you will have a busy spring break...but it will be so fun to tour all the campus's.

I went to a small private college and graduated in May 2011. I actually work for them now. Its called Sage College of Albany. Seriously so small compared to UCF. I went to a very small high school though too, so I liked how small Sage was...I was too scared to go anywhere big! My high school graduating class was only 92!

I LOVE Thunder Mountain...its one of my favorite rides. Its so much better at night too and in the back!
Awesome pics of MSEP!
Was that Magic, Memories, and You that you missed?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #85
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What fun it was to see all of your Magic Kingdom fun this morning! I am totally with you on getting Spectro back.

Your mom must be busy with work. I haven't seen her around DIStown lately. Tell her hello. The family pictures are nice. Looks like everyone is having a good time.

I feel like I take the same pictures on Small World, too.

The Yacht & Beach Club bus picture was kind of funny. It doesn't really matter if you are staying deluxe or value - you may still have to stand on the bus!

Life is a series of ups and downs, good times and bad. We have to cherish those happy (and happiest place) moments, because we will all have our turns at the bad and sad ones. I have so many people in my circle right now who are going through tough times, too. I have friends who are dying, and it is a sad time. We can only encourage and support and love the families through their struggles and hope they will do the same for us when the roles are reversed. Thoughts and prayers for your friends who have lost these special people in their lives.
I've heard rumors that it's coming back in March.
Yea, she's super busy real life stuff. She comes on sometimes, I think.
I'm always taking pictures of the kangaroo.
That's so true about the buses. There's no way to avoid it.
I'm sorry to hear about your friends. I'll keep them in my thoughts. The other day, I was helping a girl who just got a wheelchair for peer counseling. I asked her how school was going and she said she didn't know because she's never there. I asked her why not and she said she's been in hospice. My heart broke and I wanted to start crying right there.
Quote:
My friend is a teacher for the preschool on campus. Sounds like you will have a busy spring break...but it will be so fun to tour all the campus's.

I went to a small private college and graduated in May 2011. I actually work for them now. Its called Sage College of Albany. Seriously so small compared to UCF. I went to a very small high school though too, so I liked how small Sage was...I was too scared to go anywhere big! My high school graduating class was only 92!

I LOVE Thunder Mountain...its one of my favorite rides. Its so much better at night too and in the back!
Awesome pics of MSEP!
Was that Magic, Memories, and You that you missed?
I didn't realize there was a preschool on campus but it makes sense now. I'm now thinking of the beginning of January. I am the most indecisive person ever!

92?! That's unheard of here. My class is close to 800 and there's about 3,200 kids at my school.

Thunder is the best at night. I don't think I've ever ridden in the back. I'll have to try it.
Thanks! I was proud of them.
No, it was the Kiss Goodnight. I listen to the music from it every night when I get ready for bed.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #86
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I didn't realize there was a preschool on campus but it makes sense now. I'm now thinking of the beginning of January. I am the most indecisive person ever!

92?! That's unheard of here. My class is close to 800 and there's about 3,200 kids at my school.

Thunder is the best at night. I don't think I've ever ridden in the back. I'll have to try it.
Thanks! I was proud of them.
No, it was the Kiss Goodnight. I listen to the music from it every night when I get ready for bed.
Yea, I guess the preschool is for the children of faculty/staff and students.

Wow- 800! Yea, thats kind of unheard of here! haha There are some around with about 400-500 students but not much more then that.

Yes- you MUST try Thunder in the back. Its so much faster and it whips you around so good!

Oh, I've never seen the Kiss Goodnight
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #87
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yea, I guess the preschool is for the children of faculty/staff and students.

Wow- 800! Yea, thats kind of unheard of here! haha There are some around with about 400-500 students but not much more then that.

Yes- you MUST try Thunder in the back. Its so much faster and it whips you around so good!

Oh, I've never seen the Kiss Goodnight
That's funny because that's the norm for public schools here.
Ohh, that sounds like fun! I'll have to try it. I REALLY want Test Track to be open when I'm there. I heard people say that they're starting to test cars and CMs are saying two weeks before they think there will be a soft opening and that's the day I get there and will be heading right to the World Showcase before dinner.
It's awesome. They do it about half an hour after park closing. It seems like a lot of people haven't seen it, but I always stick around and slowly make my way out of the park. I love being one of the last people.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #88
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's funny because that's the norm for public schools here.
Ohh, that sounds like fun! I'll have to try it. I REALLY want Test Track to be open when I'm there. I heard people say that they're starting to test cars and CMs are saying two weeks before they think there will be a soft opening and that's the day I get there and will be heading right to the World Showcase before dinner.
It's awesome. They do it about half an hour after park closing. It seems like a lot of people haven't seen it, but I always stick around and slowly make my way out of the park. I love being one of the last people.
I really hope you can catch Test Track! I'm sure you'll be able to...you will be there just 2 weeks before the official opening date. I can't believe your trip is almost here!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #89
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I really hope you can catch Test Track! I'm sure you'll be able to...you will be there just 2 weeks before the official opening date. I can't believe your trip is almost here!
I hope so, too. I would freak out! I heard that it's getting passed on to park operations on the day I get there so that gives me hope!
I know! It doesn't seem real. 5 days! Time to start packing.
Sorry for the delay, guys. I don't have any more pictures on Photobucket and the website won't cooperate with me. I'm only half way done with this TR and my next trip is on WEDNESDAY. This trip got here so fast. I have some errands to run this weekend to get ready, including a trip to the Disney Parks outlet. I also have to do my schoolwork that is due before the trip and I have a ton of work due the day after I come home. The last thing I want to do is come back to the real world and have to do hours of homework, so I'd like to have it all done before hand. I also can't forget about my lovely SAT class tomorrow morning at 8.
A week from this minute, I'll be about to close down the Magic Kingdom.
Have a great weekend!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #90
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also have to do my schoolwork that is due before the trip and I have a ton of work due the day after I come home. The last thing I want to do is come back to the real world and have to do hours of homework, so I'd like to have it all done before hand.
Yeah, get that homework out of the way before you leave. You don't want to have that burden hanging over you all during the trip. Be free and enjoy your Disney time to the fullest!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: