Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about the trip!
It looks like you guyd went to the Garden Grove..can't wait to hear about that...we have reservations next month!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #17
LookinUp
Mouseketeer

Loving your intro and pics so far. Well done, BTW, avoiding Mickey jail on Day One. I take every shot my family will allow. Like Amy, they don't tolerate many stop-n-clicks for merch or views, and very few face shots unless previously negotiated. Still months away from my next dose of Disney, so I'm happily lapping up your fun. Where to next?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessily View Post
Great trip report! I'll be reading along I'm with you on the Star Wars stuff... what you listed is about all I know. I actually worked in the Star Tours gift shop for a few months and still haven't even seen the movies. Fun ride though!
Welcome! Thanks for joining in! I'm glad I don't stand alone. That kind of stuff never has interested me- Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc- don't care for it. The Hunger Games, however, is a completely different story. I'll watch the movies someday, but for now I still enjoy the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to hear about the trip!
It looks like you guyd went to the Garden Grove..can't wait to hear about that...we have reservations next month!
Welcome! Thanks for joining in! Yes, I ate there on Southern BBQ night with my Dad and then we had a few issues, so we got to go to the breakfast buffet for free. Beware, it's not on the DDP, but if you have an AAA card, you get 20% of your bill. Your trip is coming up soon! How exciting! Thanksgiving can't get here soon enough for me to go back. Which Epcot resort are you staying at? I've stayed at them all besides the Yacht Club and I'm a huge fan of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
Loving your intro and pics so far. Well done, BTW, avoiding Mickey jail on Day One. I take every shot my family will allow. Like Amy, they don't tolerate many stop-n-clicks for merch or views, and very few face shots unless previously negotiated. Still months away from my next dose of Disney, so I'm happily lapping up your fun. Where to next?
Welcome! Thanks for joining in! Amy is always requesting me to take her picture, she just doesn't like me taking pics of objects, but I still have 1200 pictures from this trip. We have some more DHS coming up and then some late night MK fun.

"You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!" An Aug '12 TR!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973705

Old 08-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Fozzy's goods had come in.

When apologizing Amy is always saying "sorry" about a 100 times and asking if I forgive her 10 more times. It never fails. Whether the argument be big or small. Oh, I just love that kid. I knew she was not going to last until 2 in the morning. We had made up in time for this picture.

"Ah, Waldorf? What are we going to be seeing here?" "One of those 3D movies. Put your glasses on!"

We invited distinguished scientists from all over the world. Unfortunately, none of them showed up, so I proudly present to you Dr. Watson Honey Dew and his assistant, Beaker.

I just love that frog. Maybe one day he'll kiss me and I'll turn into a princess. Heck, I'm already a princess.

We got out and the first thing we noticed was that these guys were all alone, so we had to go say hello.
Hello, Mater, your latest movie was, hold on, let me put on my flame proof outfit, o.k, I'm ready, it was terrible.

The mother in front of us could not understand why they could not sign her children's autograph book. With what hands would you like them to sign with? Their eyeballs? The world would be so much better if everyone just used their noodle before they spoke.

We then got a phone call from my mom. They were on their way to Hollywood and wanted us all to go see Fantasmic at 9. It was 8:30 and we planned on doing the GMR and Amy's drawing class and then seeing the 10:30. We knew we'd be back to DHS plenty, so we went with Fantasmic.

We got our first disney snack of the trip, popcorn! Ahh! How I love thee! Popcorn counts as dinner, right? We were never hungry enough for a full meal and we were just too busy. With twenty minutes 'till showtime, the center was mostly full, the CMs weren't seating guests in stage left at all, and stage right was currently seated. The show didn't completely fill up and we got seats in the stage right-centerish in the 15th row 15 minutes before the show started. There weren't any waves going on on this night, just Disney Trivia.

I think this might be my favorite thing in the whole world. I'm listening to the soundtrack right now.

Remember, it all started with a mouse!

OMG! The finale! When Mickey stands up on the top of the mountain and the music gets really loud- just wow. That needs its own TR. My jaw drops every time. And in 22 months, I'll be able to see Fantasmic whenever I want. Ahh! College! We got up to leave as the boat of magic came out. I had my camera in my bag and was carrying the popcorn, as well as two drinks and I absolutely needed Amy to take a picture of the boat and Mickey on my phone. I mean I think I would have to see the 10:30 show, too, if I didn't get it. This is what I got:

We went to the gift shop to try to return Amy's mickey ears. I bought us each a pair before the trip on the Disney Store website because I had a DS only store credit and they were having a sale. I got the regular mickey ears in the adult size and Amy chose the Red Mickey Pants ears. Hers did not say a size and we figured it was a one size fits all. It wasn't and didn't fit her. We figured since they sell them in the parks returning it shouldn't be an issue. The gift shop we tried wouldn't let us because their manager wasn't on duty and they needed to have her permission. We tried a different store later on in the trip and were able to exchange them.

We then took the boat back to the resort. On the boat, we played Disney Trivia.

A little fact for the wise, Cinderella Castle is exactly 198 feet from top to bottom. If it was 200, it would of needed a red light on top for planes and that wasn't going to happen.

We then took a bus to the Magic Kingdom because the night was still young in our books.

Last edited by PanIsMine; 08-26-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #20
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

that is too funny about the mom wanting Mater and Lightning McQueen to sign her kid's autograph books!
Great update (:

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 08-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

I've been to the Magic Kingdom many times throughout my years, but every time I go, it feels like the first time all over. I just ADORE the Magic Kingdom.

I love how they play the Mickey Mouse March as you pull up. It makes me so excited that I can't contain myself any more. Apparently, my mom can't either because she started to stand up and I had to explain to her that the bus was just stopping because a bus was in our spot and we weren't getting off just yet. I also told her people are going to think she's insane. The MK can do that to ya. It has magical powers to get you drunk on pixie dust. It happened to me later on in the trip during my 15th hour in the parks in one day.

We went inside and the Magic, Memories, and You had just started. At last, I saw the light and it was like the fog had lifted. Oh, and I got to see THEY sandcastle. My friend and I were obsessing over the idea of the castle turning into a sand castle during the summer version of MMaY and I just had to see it.

Ahh!

Seriously! How cool is that?!
The part with Walt had me tearing up.

I could get used to a view like this.
Hold on, guys.
Yep, I'm used to it.
Guys, I want a castle.
Kudos to anyone who can tell me who says that and in what movie.

We cut through Tommorowland. Stitch has SO much potential. Come on, Disney.

My dad went to the little Pirates room, Amy and my mom went to go get FPs for Pooh or Dumbo by Philhar, and I went to Storybook Treats to get as we, Floridians like to call it, some Fro Yo. I managed to walk with two fro yos and three cups of water. That's talent right there. Now, I just need to stand on a pile of garbage while I do it, and I can go on America's Got Talent. I was at the live show the night the guy fell of his garbage and I felt SO bad for him. I just wanted to come down from my tier 4 seats and hug him.

I waited for everyone to come back before I started eating. How nice am I? It was too close to regular park closing to get FPs.
We ate our fro yo and then went to explore the new Storybook Circus.

I was drooling all over the new Dumbo and it had no wait, but my fellow princesses needed to use the little princess room. Really, peeps? Dumbo is like what? 45 seconds? Once I was in the bathroom, I had to go, too. I don't need to go until I'm in the bathroom. Once I see it, I gotta go. I almost never need to go at Disney, but when class is never ending or it's time to help out in the house, I need to go. Is that TMI?
Amy came out with the best line EVER! She was standing in the bathroom and said "It's so big you can get married in here!" LOL.
I had to take a picture to remember the event.
There was a woman in there and she looked at me like I have issues for taking a picture in the restroom. You're just a human! You're not a wizard! (I LOVE Brittany from Big Brother) Don't judge me based on the location of where I take pictures.

Casey's splash area was on, but no one was using it. There is a ton of water coming out of there. You aren't going to get just a little wet,no ma'am. You're going to get SOAKED. Like change your kids' underwear and everything wet, but hey, go big or go home.

It was finally time to ride Dumbo.
The sign said 15 minutes, but there was no line. We opted to ride instead of play.

What no dancing?

Last edited by PanIsMine; 08-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
that is too funny about the mom wanting Mater and Lightning McQueen to sign her kid's autograph books!
Great update (:
I don't know how she expected them to sign with out hands.
Thanks!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I think Fantasmic is probably my favorite way to end a Disney day, no matter what park we have spent the most time in. Second would be watching Spectro and Wishes. I am so looking forward to Spectro's return!

Storybook Circus looks great at night. The play area is perfect for little ones. Our girls didn't want to stop playing when our buzzer went off.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post
Welcome! Thanks for joining in! Yes, I ate there on Southern BBQ night with my Dad and then we had a few issues, so we got to go to the breakfast buffet for free. Beware, it's not on the DDP, but if you have an AAA card, you get 20% of your bill. Your trip is coming up soon! How exciting! Thanksgiving can't get here soon enough for me to go back. Which Epcot resort are you staying at? I've stayed at them all besides the Yacht Club and I'm a huge fan of them.
We're eating there for Southern BBQ night too...I hope its good. I'm not expecting anything great..but I've read some decent reviews. We aren't on the DDP, so no problem there. I am so excited for our trip! We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas. It will be the first time at a Deluxe! I can't wait to be able to just walk over to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios! How did you like the Boardwalk? Where are you staying for Thanksgiving?
Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #25
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I think Fantasmic is probably my favorite way to end a Disney day, no matter what park we have spent the most time in. Second would be watching Spectro and Wishes. I am so looking forward to Spectro's return!

Storybook Circus looks great at night. The play area is perfect for little ones. Our girls didn't want to stop playing when our buzzer went off.
Fantasmic is my favorite way to end a day, too.
I never really appreciated Spectro when we had it, but now that it's gone, I miss it. I bonded with MSEP this trip. I finally picked up some of the random floats after watching more Disney movies like the Big Ben for Peter Pan.
I'm sure little kids must love it. It's such a clever idea for such a popular ride. If there weren't any kids around, I would of played.
Quote:
We're eating there for Southern BBQ night too...I hope its good. I'm not expecting anything great..but I've read some decent reviews. We aren't on the DDP, so no problem there. I am so excited for our trip! We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas. It will be the first time at a Deluxe! I can't wait to be able to just walk over to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios! How did you like the Boardwalk? Where are you staying for Thanksgiving?
The food was pretty good, there's some things that really stuck out as being amazing like the corn, pulled pork, chicken, potatoes, and baked mac and cheese. The ribs, corn dog nuggets, and chicken nuts were no big deal. They make a a salad at your table, which was really fresh and good. The desserts weren't anything to brag about minus about 4 things that were really good. I know that because I sampled a little bit of everything. We were there from 6-7:30 and they only had about 8 tables being used, so it was nice and quiet and they had the tables spread out. We saw each character I think 5 times. Beware, when we went they only had one character out at a time and then after about 15 minutes later, the first one goes away and a few minutes later a new one comes out. I LOVED the BW. It's my favorite after Beach Club and Poly. The BW is really close to Epcot and DHS. Also, it's the last boat stop before Epcot and the first drop off after, so it's really quick. For DTD and Animal Kingdom, most of the time the 5 resorts share, but the BW is the last stop and the first drop off, so that saves time because it takes a while to pick up at 4 resorts. Most BW people get a seat. Also for Magic Kingdom, if you just miss your bus or the line is too long, you can just hop on the Beach/Yacht Club bus. The pool is really nice and your obviously right on the Boardwalk. I'm hoping to stay at the Dolphin for Thanksgiving and if not, then we'll be at the Swan again. I'm patiently waiting for the end of month to find out if we get the whole week off or just Thurs and Fri bc that will decide our dates. Last year, they gave us the whole week off after we didn't use any hurricane days. This year we already used one for Issac. Let me know if you have any more questions about the Epcot Resorts, I'm very familiar with the area and anything else Disney-related for that manner.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #26
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Cute update! Love the bathroom picture. I took a picture of my sister coming out a bathroom stall at least once every trip, so I don't find the picture strange at all!!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #27
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The food was pretty good, there's some things that really stuck out as being amazing like the corn, pulled pork, chicken, potatoes, and baked mac and cheese. The ribs, corn dog nuggets, and chicken nuts were no big deal. They make a a salad at your table, which was really fresh and good. The desserts weren't anything to brag about minus about 4 things that were really good. I know that because I sampled a little bit of everything. We were there from 6-7:30 and they only had about 8 tables being used, so it was nice and quiet and they had the tables spread out. We saw each character I think 5 times. Beware, when we went they only had one character out at a time and then after about 15 minutes later, the first one goes away and a few minutes later a new one comes out. I LOVED the BW. It's my favorite after Beach Club and Poly. The BW is really close to Epcot and DHS. Also, it's the last boat stop before Epcot and the first drop off after, so it's really quick. For DTD and Animal Kingdom, most of the time the 5 resorts share, but the BW is the last stop and the first drop off, so that saves time because it takes a while to pick up at 4 resorts. Most BW people get a seat. Also for Magic Kingdom, if you just miss your bus or the line is too long, you can just hop on the Beach/Yacht Club bus. The pool is really nice and your obviously right on the Boardwalk. I'm hoping to stay at the Dolphin for Thanksgiving and if not, then we'll be at the Swan again. I'm patiently waiting for the end of month to find out if we get the whole week off or just Thurs and Fri bc that will decide our dates. Last year, they gave us the whole week off after we didn't use any hurricane days. This year we already used one for Issac. Let me know if you have any more questions about the Epcot Resorts, I'm very familiar with the area and anything else Disney-related for that manner.
Thanks for all the help!! Thats great to hear the food was good...you are getting me really excited. Thanks for sampling everything! haha I'm not expecting the best, so I think we will be just fine...its just so convienent and something different. I will keep an eye out for the different character.

Thanks for the info about the Boardwalk. We are renting a car, so I'm guessing we will probably drive to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, but who knows. Its good to know about the last stop on the boat and bus stops. We didn't want to waste a ton of time using the busses, so that makes me feel better. Do you know if there's beach towels to use for the pool? I was hoping I wouldn't have to bring my own.

Good luck with the days off! Hopefully there won't be anymore hurricanes and you can get the whole week off!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #28
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Cute update! Love the bathroom picture. I took a picture of my sister coming out a bathroom stall at least once every trip, so I don't find the picture strange at all!!
Thanks! Ya gotta capture the memories!
Quote:
Thanks for all the help!! Thats great to hear the food was good...you are getting me really excited. Thanks for sampling everything! haha I'm not expecting the best, so I think we will be just fine...its just so convienent and something different. I will keep an eye out for the different character.

Thanks for the info about the Boardwalk. We are renting a car, so I'm guessing we will probably drive to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, but who knows. Its good to know about the last stop on the boat and bus stops. We didn't want to waste a ton of time using the busses, so that makes me feel better. Do you know if there's beach towels to use for the pool? I was hoping I wouldn't have to bring my own.

Good luck with the days off! Hopefully there won't be anymore hurricanes and you can get the whole week off!
Glad to help! I don't think you'll be disappointed. I will definitely be back there.
For Magic Kingdom, I recommend driving, but it's obviously up to you. Disney is so big and it is very easy to get lost. One wrong turn, and you're done. It then is time consuming to park, wait for a tram, take a tram, and then take a monorail or ferry. Disney drops you off at the gate. Plus, after a long day/night, it's nice to let Disney do the driving. I would def drive to AK and DTD. We really never wait around much for transportation and I was there last Christmas week. I wouldn't stress over it.

The Boardwalk provides complimentary bath towels at the pool and you can take as many as you need. If you're going to the water parks, you need to bring towels from the resort.

It would be nice to get the whole week off to go Sun-Sat, but if not, we'll go Wed-Mon and miss a day and a half of school.

You're trip is so close! Did you start packing yet?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #29
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

We traveled around the world in 10 minutes.

These are my favorite IASW dolls! What! You don't have a favorite set of dolls? You're weird.

The time was now:

I had been up since 6:30. The princesses then needed to use the princess room. I texted my friend a picture of her favorite IASW doll and she said she was going to sleep. I told her to leave her window open for Pan. I was kidding, of course. I would never sleep with my window open. Not even if I lived in Rapunzel's tower.

We then went to go visits some people on the other side.

Here's a prime example of how I am always right. Always. Even when I'm wrong, I'm right.

The queue splits in to two and you need to pick a side. My darling family wanted to go on the fun side with the activities and I wanted the quicker one. I was outnumbered and so we we opted for the fun side. The CM closed the door just as we were walking up because we went on the long side. It wasn't a big deal, but I was right and they were wrong. See how that works?

I took the opportunity to take some pictures and scare Amy. I tickled her back with my finger and she jumped a 100 feet in the air. Don't work, Team Amy people. She got her revenge later on.

Pretty soon we were inside, starting our tour. There were some college boys who screamed really loud. I LOVE the Haunted Mansion late at night.

We passed by Peter Pan and the wait was 20 minutes. My mom asked me I wanted to ride with her and I told her no because I have my dignity. As much as I love Peter Pan, I will never wait for his ride.

My dad decided to go back to the room. He woke up early to do some work and then was the one who drove, so he was exhausted.

My mom requested we go on Cindy's Carousel. I've heard that Cindy has her horse on this ride and its tail it marked by a gold ribbon. I walked around every horse a good 3 times trying to find it and I couldn't. The ride was about to start so I had to hop on one of the step-sisters' million horses. I also was nowhere near my mom and sister. As soon as the ride started, I found it. Ah, well. Next time.

We decided to go to the Hundred Acre Wood to go visit my very special friends, Gopher *whistle* and Christopher Robin.

I kept trying to take a picture of the little guy.
I stood there for a good minute, trying to get a good one and then gave up.

Everyone gathered together to say.... Hooray!
And Hooray for you, too!

It was 1 AM and we decided to head over to the land of tomorrow. Once there, we discovered a CM 'painting' with water. At 1 in the morning. Only at Disney. We decided to watch for a few minutes and either Amy or my mom started asking him questions like "What kind of water is that?" Whoever said that, had a brain that was functioning any more. The next morning, my mom's inquiries got us some MAJOR pixie dust.

The CM then gave us a lesson on how he makes them. It was very interesting.

We went on Buzz not once, not twice, but three times. It had no line. On our third time, the CM motioned us over and told us to go ahead since we already made it this far.

I saw on another TR that someone went solo and took a funny pic, so I decided to try one. I had been up for 19 hours and was starting to get a little crazy.
Mr. and Mrs. Lightyear.

In case you're interested in finding a guy like mine, there's plenty more available.

We were exhausted and my finger was sore from defeating Emperor Zurg so many times. I did get my highest score EVER.

We got back at around 2:15 and the hallway to our room was FREEZING. Amy and my mom started running to the room. There was no way I was running.
We went to bed at 2:30. Yea, EMH for the next morning was pretty much out the window. After being up for 20 hours, I woke up 3 hours later and could not go back to sleep.
And that's the end to the first twelve hours at Disney. Extra Magic Hours is my best friend.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Glad to help! I don't think you'll be disappointed. I will definitely be back there.
For Magic Kingdom, I recommend driving, but it's obviously up to you. Disney is so big and it is very easy to get lost. One wrong turn, and you're done. It then is time consuming to park, wait for a tram, take a tram, and then take a monorail or ferry. Disney drops you off at the gate. Plus, after a long day/night, it's nice to let Disney do the driving. I would def drive to AK and DTD. We really never wait around much for transportation and I was there last Christmas week. I wouldn't stress over it.

The Boardwalk provides complimentary bath towels at the pool and you can take as many as you need. If you're going to the water parks, you need to bring towels from the resort.

It would be nice to get the whole week off to go Sun-Sat, but if not, we'll go Wed-Mon and miss a day and a half of school.

You're trip is so close! Did you start packing yet?
Yea, we are still debating on driving to Magic Kingdom or not. We always rent a car so we are very familiar with the roads but thinking it would be easier to take the busses with the whole tram then monorail/ferry. I think we will defiinitely drive to AK and DTD...I don't want to experience a DTD bus at night! haha It sounds like the transportation is pretty good, so thats good to hear!

I'm so glad to hear there are towels by the pool...more room to bring home all my purchases

I haven't really started packing yet...just have all my paperwork together. I always pack at the last minute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: