Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Love the start!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Old 10-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMX3 View Post
Next we stopped in to Le Chapeau to get him a hat, since he had been insistent before we left that he would not need his sunglasses. Being a loving wife, I chose to respect his wishes and didn’t pack them. Or perhaps I left him to suffer his own choice. You decide

I call toss ups like that "Loving Wife Logic." Did I do it because he deserves to be allowed to make his own stupid choices since he's a grown up, or did I do it to let him learn from the consequences -- even I don't know, but either way, my choice is clear!

Quote:
DH kept asking if Piglet went there. He didn’t get it, that Piglet lives in the 100 Acre Wood, and didn’t go to college, another recurring theme.
I am hoping that my 12 yo (who has always hated costumed characters) does not spend the entire trip muttering, "That's just a guy in a stupid costume." She's a big reason this is our first family trip to the parks. *sigh*

Quote:
By the time we get there, I do feel bad about being mad, but he didn’t plan this trip, I did, and he should have the common sense to know that I know what I am doing.

Some people just can't help themselves, I swear. We've been traveling long enough (not to mention married long enough!) that hubby knows full well that, if I have done some research, things go better when we follow the plan. And he freely admits this -- after the fact or when we're not facing a choice. It does seem like it's only once per trip we go through that anymore. I think it's that I'm normally willing to explain my reasoning "on the fly", but when we're on vacation I feel like there's a time crunch, and I'm all "my way or the highway." So the first time I flatly state, "the time for discussing this was before we got here," he's kind of thrown, then after that he gets in the groove.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
MommyMX3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!!
Thanks! Glad to have you along!! Hope you enjoy reading!

CB on NYE 2011-12, POR 2012

Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #19
MommyMX3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Love the start!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for joining along! Hope you enjoy it!

Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
MommyMX3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

I call toss ups like that "Loving Wife Logic." Did I do it because he deserves to be allowed to make his own stupid choices since he's a grown up, or did I do it to let him learn from the consequences -- even I don't know, but either way, my choice is clear!
Love it! I think I may have to use that in the future!

Quote:
:
I am hoping that my 12 yo (who has always hated costumed characters) does not spend the entire trip muttering, "That's just a guy in a stupid costume." She's a big reason this is our first family trip to the parks. *sigh*
The good news is, by the end of the trip, he was getting used to talking to the characters and not the people portraying them. Hope it works out for your 12yo!

Quote:
:

Some people just can't help themselves, I swear. We've been traveling long enough (not to mention married long enough!) that hubby knows full well that, if I have done some research, things go better when we follow the plan. And he freely admits this -- after the fact or when we're not facing a choice. It does seem like it's only once per trip we go through that anymore. I think it's that I'm normally willing to explain my reasoning "on the fly", but when we're on vacation I feel like there's a time crunch, and I'm all "my way or the highway." So the first time I flatly state, "the time for discussing this was before we got here," he's kind of thrown, then after that he gets in the groove.
DH did eventually learn that his DW knows best, and that a happy wife means a happy trip.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
MommyMX3
Earning My Ears

Day 2
After nowhere near enough sleep and after listening to the neighbors argue (I think) about luggage in the middle of the night before, the alarm starts “chirping.” Not that annoying buzz like the one at home, but something like a weird mechanical bird. Which I think is what I started dreaming about chasing me when I heard it. It was going to be an exciting morning though, and I was out of bed and ready in record time. DH was up and ready even quicker and, being the wonderful DH he was this morning (I think he was perhaps a little apologetic from the incident the night before…) took a walk to retrieve some caffeine in the form of Coke for his wife. AND he remembered the camera!

This morning, we were starting out at my dream resort, the Grand Floridian. Top down, this time comb stowed in my purse so I didn’t look like I just came out of a wind tunnel, and we were off for 1900 Park Fare. My inner 6 year old was no longer inner, and I cannot be held responsible for my actions. I love Alice in Wonderland. I love the Mad Hatter. In fact, my youngest celebrated her first birthday with a Grace in One-derland tea party. This breakfast could have only been made better than there having been a Cheshire Cat and Caterpillar. As it was, it was Ah-Mazing!

We had been sat in the little hallway type area in the back, which was fine with me, because we (Read: I) could people watch outside as well as inside. For some reason, I ordered coffee. I know its instant. I know what instant coffee tastes like, and I know from our morning at Ohana in January that I DO NOT like it. Apparently I was overcome with emotion and therefore forgetfulness.

We had barely sat down when DH noticed the first characters coming out. I had forgotten that Pooh and Tigger often make appearances here, and I was no longer disappointed about no pictures from the night before at CP. It wasn’t long in to our meal when they arrived, and we had some rather quick interactions with them. I don’t blame them, we were the only no kids table in the whole place, I think.

Sooner rather than later, Miss Poppins made her appearance, and we were told that since we were celebrating my birthday, we should go fly a kite. Again, the interaction was quite short, but I was up for making the character rounds in the parks as well. We had time.

We had about finished breakfast when Alice arrived for her morning greeting. We were all set for a birthday party with our party dresses, and I promised not to chase any rabbits down their rabbit holes, so I wouldn’t ruin my dress.

Then it was time. The time I had been waiting for. The Mad Hatter. He asked what I was that stuff in my coffee cup was, and I told him coffee. He said yuck, and something about it being icky stuff. I told him I completely agreed, because it was instant. (No offense to those who actually like the stuff, but I can’t stomach it.) After the wonderful woman at the table behind us took some photos, we closed out our check and wandered around admiring the beauty (and gift shop…) of the Grand Floridian before wandering back to the car to put the top down and move on to the park of the day.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #22
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

Great TR!! Can't wait to read more.

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #23
shalom
DIS Veteran

Those misty morning pics at Riverside are really beautiful! That third one, especially -- great composition, and then those lovely muted colors -- is one of the best I've seen. You should post them to the Riverside pic thread.

I've always figured I'd go to the Cinderella Dinner, but the Park Fare breakfast looks pretty fun. I didn't know Pooh and Tigger appeared there, either. Huh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: