Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 AM   #211
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatoomch View Post
I see this crop up a lot. I think Avatar & AK go together well - the 'moral' in the movie is about looking after our planet, conservation yadda yadda yadda, the same message as AK, and a message Disney has always pushed.

And no, I'm not an Avatar movie fan - I bat for the Star Wars team
a kindred spirit!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #212
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
WARNING *** RUMOR *** WARNING *** RUMOR

I heard today the "probable" relo spot for FOTLK
. . . between Tucker and Safari there is a gap
. . . the theater would be tucked back (offset) into the gap
. . . this will relocate the "lion show" into Africa

WARNING *** RUMOR *** WARNING *** RUMOR
I wanted to repost this for any one that started reading this thread in the last week and may have overlooked this post. I am hopeful that all is not lost and FOTLK will indeed still be there for us to watch in the future.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #213
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I wanted to repost this for any one that started reading this thread in the last week and may have overlooked this post. I am hopeful that all is not lost and FOTLK will indeed still be there for us to watch in the future.
yes this is what I originally reported on in my first Rumors blog I think. I can't remember, but that is also what I've heard. If it closes in January, it would seem it's so they can move it. Why they can't keep it open until the new place is ready, I don't know, but that's how Disney works.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #214
GrahamOrlando
Mouseketeer

As of yet there has been no official statement from Disney and to be honest, Cast Members are not unduly worried about the future of FOTLK.

Surveys show that FOTLK is one of the most popular venues in the AK, so even if the current location is to be closed, I think it's highly likely that it will simply be relocated. In this event, I doubt there will be any downtime between location moves - that's if it even moves at all.

FOTLK cast are continuing as always, with a constant turnover of performers. There has been no indication that there are any plans to terminate the show and auditions are continuing as normal when vacancies become available.
GrahamOrlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #215
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamOrlando View Post
As of yet there has been no official statement from Disney and to be honest, Cast Members are not unduly worried about the future of FOTLK.

Surveys show that FOTLK is one of the most popular venues in the AK, so even if the current location is to be closed, I think it's highly likely that it will simply be relocated. In this event, I doubt there will be any downtime between location moves - that's if it even moves at all.

FOTLK cast are continuing as always, with a constant turnover of performers. There has been no indication that there are any plans to terminate the show and auditions are continuing as normal when vacancies become available.
I fully expect to see FOTLK next April. Yep, that's my plan.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #216
EEs*Mommy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting. It didn't make sense to me for them to shut down completely. But Disney does not always make sense. We will be there in early Feb and my youngest is very excited to see it for the first time. Even picked a Lion King dress for our AK day. I'm going to hold out hope it's there and deal with it if it isn't.

7/30 to 8/06 2007 ~ Bday at BC
Noah's Wish!
EEs*Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #217
Merida DunBroch
I will fight, I will fly, taste the wind and touch the sky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I fully expect to see FOTLK next April. Yep, that's my plan.
Concurred. I love FOTLK. If it's gone, well, I *would* deal with it, but AK just wouldn't be the same. It'd be a downgrade for sure. Especially since I'm not particularly into the safaris! :/

Mom(30-something) Dad(40-something) Me(16) DB(13) DB(11) DB(9) DS(4)
Official lover of Kristoff Bjorgman of Arendelle!
Merida DunBroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #218
wbk
Mouseketeer

Closing of Festival of the Lion King Delayed

Since WDWMagic is reporting that the Avatar project has been postponed, does it follow that FOTLK will continue its run? Hope so.
wbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #219
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbk View Post
Since WDWMagic is reporting that the Avatar project has been postponed, does it follow that FOTLK will continue its run? Hope so.
I hope so, too! I'm taking DGS8 to WDW in March and I know he would love FOTLK!
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #220
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbk View Post
Wow.... talk about a Meta.... A rumor influencing another Rumor, thereby starting a Rumor.

WDWMagic's report that the Avatar project is delayed, is based off a report on another website saying that it's been delayed, which is turn is based off another blog site saying they think it's "been delayed due to creative differences" for the SOLE reason that no concept art has been released yet.

In other words.... It's an EXTREMELY flimsy rumor based purely on speculation and nothing even remotely fact or source based. To be perfectly honest, considering from what I recall hearing Imagineering was surprised by the announcement almost as much as everyone else was, I'm not in the least bit surprised we haven't seen any concept art. A year really isn't that long of a time to go from signing the agreement papers, to getting the creative people together, deciding on a direction to go creatively, working out details as far as a look/feel, getting the concept art of those ideas drawn up and agreed upon, and then releasing said concept art to the public.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #221
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Wow.... talk about a Meta.... A rumor influencing another Rumor, thereby starting a Rumor.

WDWMagic's report that the Avatar project is delayed, is based off a report on another website saying that it's been delayed, which is turn is based off another blog site saying they think it's "been delayed due to creative differences" for the SOLE reason that no concept art has been released yet.

In other words.... It's an EXTREMELY flimsy rumor based purely on speculation and nothing even remotely fact or source based. To be perfectly honest, considering from what I recall hearing Imagineering was surprised by the announcement almost as much as everyone else was, I'm not in the least bit surprised we haven't seen any concept art. A year really isn't that long of a time to go from signing the agreement papers, to getting the creative people together, deciding on a direction to go creatively, working out details as far as a look/feel, getting the concept art of those ideas drawn up and agreed upon, and then releasing said concept art to the public.
And, while we haven't seen concept art, we HAVE seen the "light up plant" tech...and relatively recently.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #222
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
A year really isn't that long of a time to go from signing the agreement papers, to getting the creative people together, deciding on a direction to go creatively, working out details as far as a look/feel, getting the concept art of those ideas drawn up and agreed upon, and then releasing said concept art to the public.
Usually when Disney announces something, it's accompanied with concept art. From what I read, Disney announced Avatarland MUCH earlier then they normally would have. The reason? They didn't want their announcement trumped by a leak like the situation with the Fantasyland expansion. Blueprints for the expansion were all over the web weeks (months?) before the official announcement.

So it sounds like they made a proposal to Cameron, signed the deal and immediately made an announcement without anything to show the public. And since someone outside the company is involved so closely, the design process is taking longer and they still don't yet have anything to show the public.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and Avatarland might actually be shelved.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #223
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Read this today which is what sent me here looking for information:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...-ending-22066/

Quote:
REPORT: ‘FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING’ AT DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM WON’T SEE 2013
I'm sad if this is so. To keep Nemo and remove this is just depressing.

IMO, of course.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #224
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Very disappointing
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #225
EEs*Mommy
Mouseketeer

That really breaks my heart we will be there 2/8 it is the thing I wanted my 4 little ones to see most

7/30 to 8/06 2007 ~ Bday at BC
Noah's Wish!
EEs*Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: