Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #901
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

A whole year wider?
A whole year wickeder?
A whole year wittling?
A whole year wittier?
A whole year wigglier?
A whole year wilder?
A whole year wilier?
A whole year wilting?
A whole year winier?
A whole year wired?
A whole year withering?
A whole year wizened?

I give up...

Anyway...

What? Too subtle?

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #902
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

T-Man.Here's a b-day poem to make you feel good-
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
You're getting old,
But I'm older than you!
Have a great day with your Honey Bunny!
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #903
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
A whole year wider?
A whole year wickeder?
A whole year wittling?
A whole year wittier?
A whole year wigglier?
A whole year wilder?
A whole year wilier?
A whole year wilting?
A whole year winier?
A whole year wired?
A whole year withering?
A whole year wizened?

I give up...
Ooh. Wilder sounds good. We'll with that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Anyway...

What? Too subtle?
So what are you trying to say. I didn't get?

I guess thanks in order anyways. Thanks Ponzi.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #904
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
T-Man.Here's a b-day poem to make you feel good-
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
You're getting old,
But I'm older than you!
Have a great day with your Honey Bunny!

Nice poem, but I still feel older today. I'm sure I'll have a great day.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #905
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Happy Birthday T-Man!! Hope you have a fantastic birthday.

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #906
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

HAPPY BIRTHDAY T-Man!! Hope you're having a FANTASTIC day!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #907
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Happy Birthday to you
You live in a zoo
You look like a monkey
and you smell like one too!!

Some grade school humor for your old day.
How young are you anyway?
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #908
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Happy Birthday T-Man!! Hope you have a fantastic birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY T-Man!! Hope you're having a FANTASTIC day!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #909
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
Happy Birthday to you
You live in a zoo
You look like a monkey
and you smell like one too!!

Some grade school humor for your old day.
How young are you anyway?
Just because we evolved from apes, doesn't mean I have to look and smell like one. Now excuse me while I go finish my banana split.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

I'm a 21 year old kid/adult trapped in a 41 year old body.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #910
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

The Beginning of the End.

We think we’ll go for a walk outside now
Disneyland is calling our names
(We hear ya now)
We just can’t stay inside all day
We gotta get out and enjoy our last Disney Day

Mickey Mouse is smiling
A Disney Day
Goofy’s really laughing
A Disney Day
Lady Thumper seems so happy today
It’s a Disney Day

Walt Disney knows us by name
(He’s calling us)
We gotta get up, gotta get out, gotta get away
We gotta get away, get away, get away, get away
Start this Disney Day….

There’s plenty of sunshine
For our last park day
Can’t you hear Disney calling our names?

Oh, we think we’ll go for a walk all day now
Disneyland has this magical way
(make us happy now)

Mickey Mouse is smiling
A Disney Day
Goofy’s really laughin
A Disney Day
It’s a Disney Day

There’s plenty of sunshine
For our last park day
Can’t you hear Disney calling our names?

Disneyland is calling our names
(We hear ya now)

Mickey Mouse is smiling
A Disney Day
Goofy’s really laughing
A Disney Day
It’s a Disney Day

Just as I stated in the song, this is our last Disney day. Our Disney plan for today is to start at Disneyland, then hop (because that’s what us bunnies do) on over to DCA; and if time permits, finish the night off back at Disneyland. Hope Lady H is good and rested, and her feet are up to the task. We have never been to rope drop at any of the WDW parks, but gee Wally, we want to make it to rope drop here. Unless you count the times we’ve made it to the parks before rope drop to attend character breakfasts, then we’ve made it 3 times. We’ve heard and read a lot about the morning pre-show at MK. We’re not sure if they do the same thing here. We’re about to find out.

It’s the usual morning routine for us. Up early, showered, dressed, hyped up on coffee and we’re out the door to the bus. This morning’s bus wait was a little bit longer than normal. As long as we can get to the shuttle stop, past the vice squad, and through the cattle prod before 9, we’ll have made it to our first ever rope drop.

The time is now 8:45 am and success. We’re in. Now we wait to see if there is a pre-show like at MK. Not a lot of people waiting around this area, but it gave us a good opportunity to take some pictures. Good way to begin the ending of our vacation.

9:00 am and we hear music, but not from the source we were hoping for. No Mickey, Minnie and all their friends riding in on the train. It’s coming from closer to the castle. We rush through the tunnel and stare down Main Street. We can see the crowd of people already gathered by the castle. This is where the CM’s rope off the rest of the park to the non-early entry people. Like us. No sign of Mickey or any of his pals so I guess there is no pre-show per say. With the crowd already ahead of us, we remember a trick Nebo and Smidgy have used several times to get to the other side of the park before most people.

Choo Choo. All Aboard!

Yup we hop on the Disneyland Railroad and hope the train picks us up on the way to Frontierland. The crowd is headed towards Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. We’re some of the first people to make it to Frontierland. When we got there, one of the first things we noticed is that Haunted Mansion is down just as expected. We got a tip that this would be closing to change over for the holidays. If you’re still following along, thanks Kar.

The sign said to please visit other “spirited” attractions in New Orleans Square.

There’s spirits at DL? I must’ve missed them because I didn’t see any place to buy spirits. I’ve seen plenty at DCA, but none here. That’s why we bring our own.

Hmm. I wonder if we could extend our vacation another 2 weeks.

We were close to Splash Mountain. They were sending down empty logs so we were wondering if the ride was open yet.

Oh wait, there’s a couple of people in that log so it must be open.

Lady H and I make our way through the mile long queue. Over the house and through the woods to the log ride we go. Literally. Once we make it to the front of the queue we wait all of 30 seconds to get on this ride. After Splash, we head on over to BTMRR. We haven’t done this attraction yet, but you can see it there in the background.

What’s that? You couldn’t see it? Nebo you know you can’t see very well in the light. We took a closer picture just for you.

Wait time at BTMRR.

They have one of the same hidden Mickey’s here that they do at WDW.

An almost empty queue at BTMRR.

Lady H anxiously waiting for our turn.

Now does this look like a dumb wife to you? She’s actually enjoying this coaster.

Ok. I know Nebo will want to know. BTMRR-WDW vs. BTMRR-DL. The winner is: There is no winner because personally I can’t really pick one over the other. DL’s isn’t next to Splash Mountain and the queue may be just a little different. As far as the ride itself, it pretty much seemed like the same ride to me and is as equally as fun at both places.

Next we head over to Dumbo. No we didn’t ride Dumbo. We only posed for pictures.

Ok, so Lady H posed for pictures.

We thought we would make this our must do picture every trip. Nebo has his rocking chair, we have our elephant.

Ok, now this is turning into the cookie cutter TR. Next we went here and next we went there. With as low as the crowds were in the morning, we were just breezing through DL again. As I mentioned at the beginning, we want some time to head back to DCA. I can hear California Screamin’ calling my name. Lady H on the other hand is ignoring the call and stalling for time. She also has a title to defend at TSM. Hopefully both of these rides will be open today.

We head on over to the Sleeping Beauty’s Castle but not before we try to pull the sword from the stone. “If I were King of Disney. Not queen, not duke, not prince. KING.”

Tried as I might, I could not get the sword to budge.

I told Lady H to give it try. Maybe she’ll have more luck than I did. If she does, I hope she at least lets me sleep in the castle and not with the Abominable Snowman inside the Matterhorn.

Come on Lady H, put your back into it.

Tried as she might, she didn’t have any luck either. With our heads hung in shame, we slowly walk towards the castle. Maybe we can climb up to the top and throw ourselves in the moat just on the other side.

Goodbye cruel world, I’m off to join circus. Well actually I need to post an additional chapter. I’ve almost reached my picture limit on this one. Just jump to the next chapter when you’re done here. Or you can do it the easy way like I did and just use your mouse to scroll down.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #911
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

The Beginning of the End (Continued)

Are you done with the first part? You must be if you’re still reading this. If not, don’t worry. This chapter will still be around for you to read.

One word of advice before touring Disneyland: Do lots of walking before going and make sure to include lots of stairs. Ok, so that was more than word. Let me show you what I mean.

This is the entrance to Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.

Inside the castle, you can read the fairy tale about Sleeping Beauty.

Ok. Quick side story here now that I posted this picture. Lady H and I recently took a trip (back in December) to WDW as well. D’Sis came along with us for part of the trip. One thing she wanted to do was the character breakfast at CRT and dine with the princesses. Anyone that has done a character dining knows how this works. The characters make their way around the room and to the tables. If you’ve never dined at CRT, before each princess comes into the room, they are announced right before they make their appearance. Well D’Sis needs to learn her characters. When they announced Princess Aurora, D’Sis said “Who’s Princess Aurora?’

It was mean, but Lady H and I started laughing at her. Had I been drinking any type of liquid, I know for sure it would’ve come out of my nose. Lady H askes her “you don’t know who Princess Aurora is? She’s Sleeping Beauty.” D’Sis responds “She has a name?” Needless to say this one of the many things we will not ever let her forget. Seeing the name in the picture reminded of this day.

Anyways, we’re here to talk about DL, not WDW. So far today we’ve climbed stairs to get onto the train. We climbed up and down stairs to get on Splash Mountain. Now we have to climb more stairs to get into the castle.

Once inside, there are various scenes (with a verse describing the scene) throughout the castle telling you about Aurora, aka Sleeping Beauty.

Really? More stairs? I guess what goes up, must come down. Now we head back down the stairs to finish the story.

After touring the castle, what Disney vacation would be complete without a picture in front of the castle?

And pictures with Walt and Mickey.

Right before we posed for pictures with the dynamic duo, we found a mailbox so we could mail out the last of the postcard requests.

At first we were wondering if this was going to be like the mailbox in Toontown. If this was just a prop and we’d have to go back to one of the hotels to mail the last batch. Of if this was the real deal made of steel mailbox. We asked a CM and sure enough, this was the real deal.

It’s starting to get hot again. Not as hot as Tuesday or Wednesday. It’s a tad bit cooler, but hot enough to melt your Dole Whip.

One hour and 25 minutes since we first entered the park, we were almost done with everything we wanted to do at DL today. Now what? Since we’re done here, figured we would head over to DCA. On the way there, Lady H stops to pose with one of her all time favorite characters. Mary Poppins just so happened to be there as well.

As we were walking on Main Street, we come across a glass shop that engraves glasses, mugs and will sell you a $5k replica of the castle. $10k if you want the bigger one. We settle for some shot glasses instead. We’ve made it a tradition to bring Lady H’s brother a shot glass from our vacations. This is when I discovered I needed to go back to the resort. We picked out a Mickey shot glass for her brother, and a Minnie shot glass for his girlfriend. We want their names engraved on them so we tell the CM the names and she gives us the total cost. I pull out my cc from my lanyard pouch and go to take out my ID as well.

MY ID! It’s missing. I take everything out of my lanyard pouch now and nope, no ID.

Now I’m sure we’ve all been through this at some point. Panic sets in. Did I lose it? Or did I not put it in my lanyard and only thought I did? I tell Lady H and it’s a good thing she has a cc in her name. Plus she has her ID. Now plans have slightly changed. She asked if I really need it. I told her if they card me at DCA, then yeah. They haven’t asked for it yet, but this will be the one time they do.

The shot glasses will take about an hour to have the names engraved on them. There’s already a couple of orders ahead of ours. We tell the CM that’s ok, we’ll just pick them up later. We now head for the exit so we can go back to the resort to see if I was a space case. On our way out, we got a little side tracked again. Something really caught our attention and was really quite interesting.

Come back and I’ll show you.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #912
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

I lost my id once on the way to the airport for a disney trip. Totally panicked. Turned out it was in my other coat pocket the whole time. Stupid id.

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #913
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Oh no, DRAMA!! Hate that feeling of missing something important.

Can't wait to see what tridesacked you!

And Belated !!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #914
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
I lost my id once on the way to the airport for a disney trip. Totally panicked. Turned out it was in my other coat pocket the whole time. Stupid id.
That was another one of my worries. I know I'll need it to get home. Considering I thought I had put in my pouch lanyard, I was hoping it didn't fall out when I got my ticket out.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #915
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
Can't wait to see what tridesacked you!
We found it very interesting. I hope you do to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
And Belated !!!!

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: