Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #76
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Let me help you refresh your memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz
Do you remember what was the last thing I did when I ended the last chapter? Just before going to bed, I made sure to charge the battery. Got a big day of underwater photography ahead. Gotta make sure the battery’s charged!

I grab my camera. I already know what I want. A nice panorama shot of this gorgeous vista… and nothing.

Oh, the battery is fully charged. As a matter of fact, it’ll stay that way for the foreseeable future… ‘cause it’s plugged in… back at the hotel.
Now what moron would do that? Nope, still doesn't ring a bell. :

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #77
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Now what moron would do that? Nope, still doesn't ring a bell. :
You must've hit your head harder than I thought.
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #78
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Going to DL for the first time and meeting the infamous Nebo and Smidgy??? That would be AWESOME!!!

Can I come too? Please, I'll be good, promise.
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #79
smidgy
dimples

o kitty, we are not going to DL when they are. we are going to WDW in late nov, early dec, and out time with the bunny people will overlap.

ok, doesn't Marlin call the seahorse "pony boy" in the begining of Finding Nemo? (there might be a pony boy in outsiders, too, I don't remember. in which case, you are right after all, just not what I was thinking of)
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #80
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

One if by Land, Two if by Sea, Look Out Universe, The Thumpers are Coming

One if by Land, Two if by Sea, Look Out Universe, the Thumper’s are Coming, The Thumpers are Coming. Run! Hide!

STOP!!! Where is everybody going? You’re not afraid of 2 cute cuddly bunnies are you? Besides, I was just about to tell you how I, ok we, decided to not only go to DL; but to SW and US as well.

Just dawned on me I haven’t let you know exactly when we’re going. Probably thinking to yourselves, “when are these 2 going? Are they really going or just telling us they’re going? They haven’t posted any dates yet. Just telling us they’re going in a couple of weeks. Bet they’re making up a TR from the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland book and the Disney Website.”

Did I mention the purpose of this trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary? In case you didn’t know, Lady H and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary. This coming Saturday (August 18th) DW and I will celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. This will be our gift to each other and a much needed vacation from work. Our flight in the AToD is scheduled to leave at 9:15 am (MST) on Saturday August 25th. We’ll be in CA for a week and return home on Saturday September 1st. Figured we would get out of there before the Labor Day Weekend rugrats come in with their “get out of my way I need to be in line first” parents. If anyone is wondering why we’re not going the weekend of our anniversary, that’s because most schools around the Anaheim and Southern California area don’t go back until August 26th. I gurgled it during my research. We picked this week hoping the crowds will have died down when the kids go back to school and they send their parents back to work.

If you remember from my last chapter, I said stay tuned and I would tell you how we decided to go to SW and US as well. As I was researching ticket prices, I came across one ticket that I grew particularly fond of. The ultimate ticket, the ticket I knew I had to get. The Southern California City Pass. I waste no time and take out my credit card and order 2 right away. Better buy these puppies before they go up in price. Especially since DL tickets had just gone up in price. Guess what? They’re still the same price, even after DL has raised their prices.

With the So. Cal City Pass, we get 3 fabulous days to tour DL/DCA. We can park hop between to the parks if we so choose. We also get one day each to Sea World and Universal. This is the best deal around. It’s almost like buying a 3-Day Park Hopper ticket to DL and getting US and SW for free. Who could resist that offer? Put your hand down Nebo. The CP costs $279 per ticket. A 3-Day Park Hopper for DL costs $250. Purchase separate tickets to SW and US, and it comes out to $393 per person. We knew that we wanted to go to US as well this trip. Really hadn’t planned on SW since we went there last year. I had to tweak the plans months in advance to work it in. Last year it got really cold, windy, cloudy and rained the day we went. Going to SW hopefully will be better this trip, and be a better do over.

Here’s a quick list of how we’re hoping (well how I’M hoping) our week will go:
The day we get there, we arrive in Los Angeles at around10:30 am. Pick up the rental car (because I have super duper strength), fly us over to our resort and check-in. Buy a bus pass and head on down to Downtown Disney. I know what you’re thinking, “they just rented a car? Why not drive to Downtown Disney?” We’re pretending that we’ll be in WDW. Uh-oh, it’s starting already. I have to remind myself it’s not WDW. We calculated it will be cheaper for us to take the bus to/from Disney, then to drive to the park and pay for parking each day. We want to get a feel for the bus system to see if it will actually work out for us. If we feel like it won’t work for us, then we’ll just have to fork over more money to Disney and pay to park.

After we hitchhike a ride on the bus, we’ll head back to the resort and change for our ADR over at Steakhouse 55 for our anniversary dinner. I did mention it’s our wedding anniversary right? I’ll mention it one more time to be on the safe side. Lady H and I will be celebrating our 5-year wedding anniversary. Decided we would do SH 55 first while we will still have money. If we wait until later on, I might spend all our money on souvenirs I don’t really need. Like a glass sculpture or something.

Sunday will be our first Park Day – DL. This is one of the only days we’ll get to see Fantasmic and get to take advantage of an extra early morning hour. Might sneak out of the park and go across the street to the Garden Walk and replenish the Sunny D mixtures. Now that I mention it, I better write that down on our shopping list.

Monday we’ll head out to Universal. Eat at Hard Rock Café. Hard Rock is changing they’re All Access Club, so I have credits to use before I lose them. Can’t wait to see how US remodeled after the fire. Looking forward to doing the new Transformers ride as well. Yes, Lady H and I have been here to. I have bragging rights though; I got to go there before she did.

Tuesday-DCA. Get up and out the door early, and hope there’s not a ton of people waiting to get into Carsland. Really looking forward to World of Color as well.

Wednesday-Sea World. Get up even earlier and drive to SW. No time for breakfast this morning, unless there’s a Mc. D’s on the way. Hopefully Lady H won’t be too sleepy. If I remember correctly, the drive down to San Diego takes you close to the coast. Beautiful drive. Get Lady H in the car for a drive that lasts longer than 45 minutes, and she’s out like a light. Although I must admit, lately she’s gotten better a staying awake. I’m willing to bet coming back from San Diego is when she’ll sleep. Place your bets. Oh right, gambling isn’t allowed on this site.

Thursday –Sleep in. I’m promised Lady H a day of rest. Might even try to go to the beach this day depending on what time we get up. Of course what time we get up depends on what time we get back from San Diego. If we don’t make it to the beach, we’ll just lounge around on some lungers at our resort pool. Spend the day relaxing and recuperating from the constant hangover. At night we’ll go to Downtown Disney again. We’ll for sure have to take the bus this night. Have an ADR for Rainforest Café. 3 words: Orange Sherbet Margarita. So much for recuperating from the hangover. Of course to recuperate from a hangover, aren’t you just supposed to drink more?

Friday- DCA/DL. Probably park hop on this day as this will be our last full day there. Do our favorites again, or do the things we wanted to do but couldn’t because we would’ve had to wait 10 hours in line.

Saturday. Get up, pack and head back home. Our flight home doesn’t leave until the afternoon. So we can sleep in a little. Might be up early anyways so we can have breakfast before heading to the airport.

I think the hardest part of planning this trip has been deciding where to eat. We looked at the website and not too many TS places jumped out at us. And there seems to be a ton of CS places. We might find ourselves spending a lot of time at GardenWalk when it comes to meals. GardenWalk is a shopping center just a little ways down the street from DL. Some of our favorite restaurants are there.

Now that I’ve provided y’all with the 411, I hope I’ve provided enough to get you through until such time we take the trip and come back. Nebo and Smidgy are back (though Nebo is broken it sounds like) I’m sure they will pick up where they left off. So you will all have something more entertaining to read while we’re gone. Besides I’m running out of things to talk about; unless you want to start posting your favorite cocktail recipes in addition to the cake and pie recipes.

Date is getting closer and almost time for us to fly.

Last edited by Thumper_Man; 08-16-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #81
smidgy
dimples

I responded to your email!!!

by the way, what resort are you staying at in California?

ps happy Anniversary!!!!!!
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #82
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post

I got your email. I'll have to juggle a few things around. I also have to check with D'Sis. She is going with us, so there are 3 of us. She's a picky eater, so I don't know if she would be interested in Teppan Edo. We will meet up with you and Nebo somewhere though. I can definitely work around your schedule. Once I talk to D'Sis, I'll reply to your email and let you know.

We own timeshare points through WorldMark. They have a resort called Dolphin's Cove which is about a 1/2 mile from Disney, or two blocks down. Two LLLOOONNNGGG blocks. This is where we will be staying. According to Gurgle, about a 20-25 minute walk to DL from the resort.

Thank you for the anniversary wish.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #83
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:

By the way, what resort are you staying at in California?

I was going to ask you (T Man and Lady H, not Smidgy) the same thing, and also wish you a happy anniversary. Smidge just beat me to it.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #84
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Happy anniversary! I wondered where you were staying too. Can non-Disney hotel guest use EMH at DL?

I would expect a crowd for CarsLand. I've heard a few people reporting 45 minute lines for a FP at rope drop. Better get there early!

Maybe I'll save my famous pie recipe for when you're gone. That can be my contribution to keeping things moving.

Enjoy your trip!
shan23877 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #85
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary to you and Lady H and also Happy 5th anniversary to you and DW. Oh! Wait! They are one and the same!

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! Sounds like your plans are great! The City Pass sounds like a great deal! That's only $25 per park per day! We haven't done that because we are always visiting family when we go, so we have to see what we have time for and what everyone wants to do.

I am relieved to see you do know when you are going and how you are getting there!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #86
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Quote:
o kitty, we are not going to DL when they are. we are going to WDW in late nov, early dec, and out time with the bunny people will overlap.

ok, doesn't Marlin call the seahorse "pony boy" in the begining of Finding Nemo? (there might be a pony boy in outsiders, too, I don't remember. in which case, you are right after all, just not what I was thinking of)
I meant if you guys to go DL next year in September. It will be me and DH's fifth anniversary!
Although Ponzi and I were thinking about a meet with you two in Minneapolis at Mall of America next year (not sure if you have read that yet on your TR).

I have not seen Finding Nebo,,,I mean Nemo.
The only Pony Boy I know is in The Outsiders.

Happy anniversary
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #87
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
Going to DL for the first time and meeting the infamous Nebo and Smidgy??? That would be AWESOME!!!

Can I come too? Please, I'll be good, promise.
Well if you are going to be good then...No... What is the point of that?

Quote:

I guess I'll have to watch Finding Nemo again. I don't remember that reference off hand. I just automatically think The Outsiders when hearing the name Pony Boy. I think I'll have to watch that one again too. Can't go wrong with watching a young Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez Ralph Macchio and Matt Dillon.

Quote:

Thank you! There are days it feels like the wedding was just yesterday...Others............not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
I was going to ask you (T Man and Lady H, not Smidgy) the same thing, and also wish you a happy anniversary. Smidge just beat me to it.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Happy anniversary! I wondered where you were staying too. Can non-Disney hotel guest use EMH at DL?

I would expect a crowd for CarsLand. I've heard a few people reporting 45 minute lines for a FP at rope drop. Better get there early!

Maybe I'll save my famous pie recipe for when you're gone. That can be my contribution to keeping things moving.

Enjoy your trip!
Thank you! And yes, we have heard many horror stories about the lines at Carsland. For sure it will be an interesting adventure to see how fast we can get to the FP area for tickets and to see how bad the lines will be with a FP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Happy Anniversary to you and Lady H and also Happy 5th anniversary to you and DW. Oh! Wait! They are one and the same!

Sometimes you have to wonder if they really are...

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! Sounds like your plans are great! The City Pass sounds like a great deal! That's only $25 per park per day! We haven't done that because we are always visiting family when we go, so we have to see what we have time for and what everyone wants to do.

I am relieved to see you do know when you are going and how you are getting there!
In all reality it wasn't until after we started the planning that we realized that we would be going around our anniversary. I think that made it a little more exciting. Which reminds me. Must pick up anniversary card today. Good think I drove in and didn't take the train to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
I meant if you guys to go DL next year in September. It will be me and DH's fifth anniversary!
Although Ponzi and I were thinking about a meet with you two in Minneapolis at Mall of America next year (not sure if you have read that yet on your TR).

I have not seen Finding Nebo,,,I mean Nemo.
The only Pony Boy I know is in The Outsiders.

Happy anniversary
Thank you. And I am all for a Dis Meet up at DL. It looks like Tman is already starting the planning on that one I'm excited to actually get to meet Smidgy and Nebo at WDW. I think Tman is getting a little frustrated with me, because he keeps going over his spreadsheets, while I keep telling him, I don't care what we are doing that day, we have to meet them!

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #88
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Happy anniversary!
Thank you!

Quote:
I wondered where you were staying too. Can non-Disney hotel guest use EMH at DL?
I've been doing my homework since it's back to school time. To answer your question, yes and no.

EMH is available everyday, to each park, for guests staying at the Disney hotels.

EMH is available only one time to DL (not DCA) for non-hotel guests that buy a 3-day (or more) park ticket; and the only days you can use the EMH is either on a Sat, Sun, Tue or Thu. Once you use it, that's it. Unless you want to buy another 3-day ticket. Since the City Pass has a 3-Day hopper included, we get to use it one time.

Non-hotel guests with 1 or 2 day tickets don't get an EMH to either park.

Quote:
We plan to. We've also read that stand-by times are close to 2 hours. So we really hope to get a FP.

Quote:
I was beginning to wonder if there were going to be anymore recipes. I'm sure Lady H will like that. As will I.

Quote:
Enjoy your trip!
We have every intention to.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #89
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Thank you for the anniversary wish.

I was rather surprised how fast Smidgy replied to that. No sooner did I post it and she was already replying.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #90
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Shhh!
You promised not to tell DW about Lady H.

Thanks for the anniversary wish.

Quote:
It was too good of a deal to pass up. More parks (bang) for our bucks.

Quote:
You're relieved? Took a lot of work.

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: