Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #796
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Yeah there's nothing worse then somebody who posts more than the person who actually is writing the TR....

uuuhhhh....

Says the man with more posts than Nebo.

Quote:
Yeah that should work. He'll be sitting on the couch in a chocolate fueled stupor while nursing a raging hangover...

Wait.

Send me some to, 'kay?

Hey wait a minute. I want chocolates and booze to.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #797
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

The Curse continues...at SW?

Ok…So after battling a 3 day migraine, I am finally able to stare at my computer long enough to discern what pictures are what. Gah, I loathe not feeling well. It’s been years since I’ve had a migraine that has lasted this long. I can usually control it once I feel the onset, but not this time. It hit me like a ton of bricks. At least that’s what it felt like the next day when I could barely see while driving to my chiropractor. (By the way, when you have sensitivity to light and sound, the best option is not to go out in the bright sunlight and drive through rush hour traffic to get to a chiropractor, who then proceeds to use what feels like a jack hammer to relieve the tension in your neck!...just a word of advice).

Anyway, so on with the show.

We last left our fair maiden wondering if she would ever be reunited with her Knight in Shining Armor.

As luck would have it, he came bounding around the mountain on his trusty steed only to sweep our dazzling princess off her feet and carry her off into the sunset, only to live happily ever after.

…ok, fine…he walked around the entrance from Manta and caught me taking pictures of the ride.

We take out our trusty map and try to figure out what to do next.

Shipwreck Rapids is just around the corner from Manta, so we saunter that way to check it out.

Seems like this is the only picture we took of it.

Now right away, the thought was, this ride was going to be just like Kali River Rapids in AK. It didn’t seem to have any major drops or “rapids” from what we could see, of course we were wrong…really wrong.

The ride turned out to be sort of a mix between Kali and Universal’s Bluto’s Barge. At the end of the ride, we were soaked. You could literally ring out our clothes and be left with a puddle under our feet. I was tempted to pay the $5 for the walk in dryer, but decided against it. This is after all the reason you go on a water ride…to get wet right?

Of course now, my eye is really irritating me, and getting hit in the face with water from the ride hasn’t helped at all. I’m trying really hard not to rub it or mess with it, but it’s begging to be messed with. So naturally I do just that, only to make the problem worse. I feel like I have something in my eye. Mike takes a look to see if he can see anything, but he sees nothing either. He tells me whatever it is, is probably gone by now, but I’ve rubbed it and messed with it so much I’ve probably scratched my eye in the process and that’s what I’m feeling.

I put my sunglasses back on to hide the now red hideous eye.

Right across the way from the ride is a cafe.

We walk towards the entrance to see what they have to offer. We must make the most of our ADDP today. Nothing appeals to us at the moment, of course it wasn’t too long ago that we had breakfast, so we decide to just check out the area we are in and see what else we can find.

As we make our way through the park, we come across these guys…

This one in particular was doing everything in its power to get onto the sand, but just couldn’t quite shimmy far enough. Eventually all his hard work getting to where he was, got washed away as he slowly slide back into the water.

Can’t you almost hear him saying, “HELP!”

Poor dear. We said goodbye to our new friends and headed to the Bayside Skyride.

I don’t know what expression I was trying to convey here…More than likely, it was the "I’m freezing, and I’m going up in this gondola with no seatbelt or harness, what am I thinking," look…don’t know if it came across that way though.

Of course T-Man looks naturally at ease…

This ride takes you on an aerial tour, just on the outskirts of the park. It was a nice ride, but since we were soaking wet from the previous ride, I was freezing and my teeth were chattering just a bit. Plus being that high up and nothing to really secure me I was a little spooked. It’s times like this that my fear of heights comes into play, unfortunately it doesn’t happen until I’m up in the ride and looking down and realize, hmm…maybe I shouldn’t have done this.

Anyway, here are a few shots from the air.

My view of the ride, from the ride…

A view of the city from our vantage point

A couple of guys paddle surfing.

More of the city and the boats around the water.

I loved this shot…

And of course T-Man, taking pics, completely at ease with the fact that we are high up in the air. If you notice, my hand has not moved from the middle bar, you can just make out my ring off to the right of the picture. I’m holding on for dear life.

After getting back on solid ground, we figure now would be a good time to get something to drink. We can use our ADDP for that too…So making our way to a place that accepts the ADDP, we come across these guys…

If I remember correctly, this was a fresh water tank viewing area. It was pretty interesting to watch them swim around.

Just keep swimming…

I get the heebeejeebies every time I see these guys. They remind me of the movie Tremors back in the day.

Once we got our drinks we began our quest to get to the other side of the park to ride Journey to Atlantis…once again we were side tracked (Squirrel!). As we walked by, we noticed that the Clyde and Seamore show was going to start shortly. They just dropped the rope to let people in and we decided what the heck. We loved the show the last time we saw it. This time we figured we could enjoy the show since we had so many photos from last time.

Once again we sat in the “splash zone” area. It was hot, so the soda we got hit the spot, even though the ice was already starting to melt. Technically a beer would have gone down better, but it probably would have gotten hot before I could drink it all and a hot beer is not good. So I’ll stick with my watered down sprite for now.

As people started filing in for the show, the pre-pre show began. A mime came out from backstage and came down to the walk way in front of the stage. As people walked past him, he would make faces at them, make fun of the way they walked, or pretend to be an usher and usher them to a seat in the audience, only to make them get up again, and move a couple times before they got tired of him and he would stick his tongue out at them and go on to the next victim.

It was quite entertaining to watch him. He did a great job and made everyone laugh. I tend to be thankful at times like these that we get in just as the rope drops so we can sit down and enjoy this part of the show without being part of it.

As the last of the stragglers made their way to a seat, the pre-show began.

This is Biff…He is part of the stage crew, coming to make sure the stage is spit spot for the show.

Biff seems to realize that he is in front of an audience and decides to ham it up a little. As he cleans the stage, he narrowly misses falling into the water that separates the main stage area from the audience. Everyone claps hoping he will fall in. He starts going back and forth, pointing to the stage, then to the water, to see the reaction from the audience. Of course, anytime he points to the water, the crowd erupts in applause, and every time he points to the stage, we all boo. Still, he stays dry.

Taking a look at the collection of CD’s, he inserts one into the player and starts to dance, sort of acting out the sequence of whatever the song is. Most of the songs are from well known movies…”You’re the one that I want” from Grease, he dons a half man, half woman costume and tries to be both Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta from the movie. “Maniac” from Flashdance, where he does the infamous water scene. He holds an umbrella for the “Singing in the Rain” number.

and of course he does the famous Pee-Wee Herman move via the song “Tequila”.

Unfortunately, this is all the pictures we have of this show. For 2 reasons. One, being that we wanted to actually enjoy the show this time, since we got so many photos from the last time we were here. The second reason…Seamore didn’t want to play.

The idea behind the show, is that Clyde and Seamore, the Sealions, and an otter, whom I forget the name of at the moment, are to interact with the main hosts, and act out scenes from famous tv shows, i.e., Dancing with the Stars, CSI, etc. With different hand signals, the sealions will assist in acting out the scene and adding humor, usually making the human host look bad or like an idiot.

The show really is quite hilarious, however, this time around, Clyde was ready and willing to show off his acting skills, while Seamore was willing and ready...to swim.

At one point, one of the scenes, they are acting out something along the lines of “The Amazing Race” or “Survivor” I can’t remember which, and Clyde is supposed to get into the water and balance a ball on his nose all the way down, and just towards the end, bounce the ball over a bar and catch it on the other side. Then Seamore is supposed to do the same, only do it with a spin, either going around the bar, or going completely under the bar with the ball, or sort of lazily going up and over the bar himself…The minute both of them came out on stage, Seamore hit the water, and started swimming back and forth, and instead of reacting to the commands, he ignored them until he saw them giving Clyde a snack for doing what he was supposed to. Then he would yell at them until he got a fish too. But he refused to participate, and of course Clyde got upset with him. Started yelling and getting into a very heated argument it seemed like, until they pulled Clyde off to the side and apologized to the audience. There wasn’t anything they could do to get Seamore to cooperate, so they had to cancel the show for the day.

This happened once before, during the big Shamu show a few years before, where Shamu didn’t wanna, and no one tells Shamu what to do…Of course the thing is, if Momma doesn’t wanna, then the babies won’t wanna, so none of them wanted to partipate in the show that night. It was sad, but it’s understandable. Even animals have days when they just don’t feel well or just don’t wanna.

So off we went. As we looked at the time, we figured it would probably be a good idea to grab something to snack on before going too far from the eateries they had nearby. We each had a small individual pizza and salad with a soda, all courtesy of our ADDP.

Once we had eaten, we headed towards the sharks area. This area was dark. Very dark. The upper deck held a couple of small pools where the smaller sharks swam around.

Looks like some tropical island, but looks are very deceiving, as there are some dangerous creatures in them there waters.

As we head down below, you are suddenly surrounded by sharks. There is a conveyor belt, ushering you from one side to the other at a menacingly slow pace, while sharks are swimming on every side of you, including above you as they move from one side of the tank to the other.

this is what we see:

Shhhh…They’re sleeping!

So, do we make it out? Can we just pass right by these man eaters, without them trying to find a way to bust through the glass and take us prisoners? Only one way to find out. Tune in next time for the next installment…And yes, I will do my best to get the next chapter out before the end of time...

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #798
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Isn't the sequel, "And we had shark sandwiches for supper"?

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #799
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
This one in particular was doing everything in its power to get onto the sand, but just couldnt quite shimmy far enough. Eventually all his hard work getting to where he was, got washed away as he slowly slide back into the water.

Cant you almost hear him saying, HELP!

Poor dear. We said goodbye to our new friends and headed to the Bayside Skyride.
If we could've jumped the wall to help this guy out, we would've. We stayed watching him for a good 5 minutes or so, waiting to see if he'd make it up all the way.

Quote:
As people started filing in for the show, the pre-pre show began. A mime came out from backstage and came down to the walk way in front of the stage. As people walked past him, he would make faces at them, make fun of the way they walked, or pretend to be an usher and usher them to a seat in the audience, only to make them get up again, and move a couple times before they got tired of him and he would stick his tongue out at them and go on to the next victim.
Getting our Sea Worlds a little mixed up honey? The mime is at the Sea World in Orlando and he is the pre-show over there. Lack of sleep maybe? We were up early every day that trip. Unless I'm the one who was lacking sleep and missed the mime. In which case would make for interesting drive back.

Quote:
this is what we see:

Shhhh&Theyre sleeping!

If you've never been to SW (either in San Diego or Orlando), the shark exhibit is alike in both places. To view the sharks, you go through the exhibit and make your way down to the underwater viewing area. Once you reach it, there's a slowing moving walk way you get on and it takes you through the exhibit. Well Lady H and I are the only one's in the exhibit at the time. You can't help but think "I wonder what would happen if that glass were to break?" Anyways, since we were the only one's in the exhibit at the time, we kept walking in the opposite direction on the walkway so we could take pictures. Think we stayed in there about a good 5 minutes before more people finally started coming in. Time to go before that glass breaks.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #800
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Isn't the sequel, "And we had shark sandwiches for supper"?
That could be an interesting storyline. But I'm not that adventurous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
If we could've jumped the wall to help this guy out, we would've. We stayed watching him for a good 5 minutes or so, waiting to see if he'd make it up all the way.
I wonder if we go back, if he would still be there...Waiting for anyone to come around and help him. I guess it was better than to be caught up in the mating ritual that was happening on the other side of the pool.

Quote:
Getting our Sea Worlds a little mixed up honey? The mime is at the Sea World in Orlando and he is the pre-show over there. Lack of sleep maybe? We were up early every day that trip. Unless I'm the one who was lacking sleep and missed the mime. In which case would make for interesting drive back.
I'm trying here!!! Honestly I didn't so much get them mixed up as I could have sworn the mime was at both places. So...My bad! But it made for a good story and now people know what to expect both in San Diego and in Orlando...

Quote:
If you've never been to SW (either in San Diego or Orlando), the shark exhibit is alike in both places. To view the sharks, you go through the exhibit and make your way down to the underwater viewing area. Once you reach it, there's a slowing moving walk way you get on and it takes you through the exhibit. Well Lady H and I are the only one's in the exhibit at the time. You can't help but think "I wonder what would happen if that glass were to break?" Anyways, since we were the only one's in the exhibit at the time, we kept walking in the opposite direction on the walkway so we could take pictures. Think we stayed in there about a good 5 minutes before more people finally started coming in. Time to go before that glass breaks.
It's not as easy as it looks walking backwards or against the grain so to speak on one of those moving walk ways. Especially when you are paying more attention to the sharks swimming around you than you are the moving walkway underneath you. Talk about a sense of vertigo when you finally get your feet on solid ground.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #801
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Fun pictures. I can hardly wait for Monday, and our San Diego trip. No SW for us, but we'll be staying right next to it.
The sharks give me the creeps. Have you seen Jaws 3 in 3D? Stupid movie, but it does include a giant shark bursting through the glass at an amusement park. I always think of that at SW.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #802
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Ok…So after battling a 3 day migraine, I am finally able to stare at my computer long enough to discern what pictures are what.
That sucks. Sorry to hear about that Heather, but glad you’re feeling better now.

Quote:
Gah, I loathe not feeling well.
And yet… so many, many people truly enjoy it!

Quote:
It hit me like a ton of bricks.
Okay, I can see that being hit by a ton of bricks might cause some discomfort. Heck, I’ll bet that being hit in the head by one brick would sting at least a little.

Quote:
We last left our fair maiden wondering if she would ever be reunited with her Knight in Shining Armor.
Why are the maidens always fair in stories? No unfair maidens? Not even a bit of a cheating maiden?

“Wait a sec! That’s a two headed coin! That’s not fair!”
“Oh, yes it is. I’m a fair maiden.”

Quote:
As luck would have it, he came bounding around the mountain on his trusty steed only to sweep our dazzling princess off her feet and carry her off into the sunset, only to live happily ever after.
The end. Thanks for the TR!

Quote:
…ok, fine…he walked around the entrance from Manta and caught me taking pictures of the ride.
Same thing.

Quote:
We take out our trusty map and try to figure out what to do next.
We just went from a trusty steed to a trusty map. A downgrade if I’ve ever heard one.

Quote:
Shipwreck Rapids is just around the corner from Manta, so we saunter that way to check it out.
I reiterate… I would’ve sashayed. But to each his or her own.

Quote:
At the end of the ride, we were soaked. You could literally ring out our clothes and be left with a puddle under our feet.
What could you do figuratively?

Quote:
I was tempted to pay the $5 for the walk in dryer, but decided against it. This is after all the reason you go on a water ride…to get wet right?
Well… some people do. Others get upset when they get wet… no matter how many signs that bluntly say, “You WILL get wet”.

But…

Walk in dryer? I think I’d pay the $5 just to try it.

Quote:
Of course now, my eye is really irritating me, and getting hit in the face with water from the ride hasn’t helped at all.
Uh, oh.

Quote:
I’ve probably scratched my eye in the process and that’s what I’m feeling.
That’s what I was thinking too.

Quote:
Why seek medical attention when you can just hide it?
Makes sense to me.

Quote:
This one in particular was doing everything in its power to get onto the sand, but just couldn’t quite shimmy far enough.
I’m telling ya… If that turtle had sashayed instead of shimmied, he’d’ve made it.

Quote:
Eventually all his hard work getting to where he was, got washed away as he slowly slide back into the water.
Fail!

Poor ‘lil guy.

Quote:
He needs somebody.
Not just anybody
You know he needs someone

Quote:
I don’t know what expression I was trying to convey here…More than likely, it was the "I’m freezing, and I’m going up in this gondola with no seatbelt or harness, what am I thinking," look…don’t know if it came across that way though.

Quote:
This ride takes you on an aerial tour, just on the outskirts of the park.
Ah!

I was thinking, “How come SW can keep theirs but MK can’t?”

Because it’s on the outskirts… fewer opportunities to dump stuff on people.

Quote:
And of course T-Man, taking pics, completely at ease with the fact that we are high up in the air. If you notice, my hand has not moved from the middle bar, you can just make out my ring off to the right of the picture. I’m holding on for dear life.

Nice rock. But if it’s from T-Man you might want to check and see if it’s real. A man who will shave or grow a beard with no warning can’t be entirely trusted, ya know.

Quote:
Hmmmm… can’t say for sure, but…. Piranhas?

Quote:
I get the heebeejeebies every time I see these guys. They remind me of the movie Tremors back in the day.
Never did see that movie…
So I guess I have neither the heebees nor the jeebies.

Quote:
As people started filing in for the show, the pre-pre show began.
Ever wonder what that says about our society where not only do we need to be entertained with a show, but we have to be entertained while we wait for the show and we also have to be entertained while we’re waiting to be entertained prior to the entertainment!

I wonder if that’s the longest sentence I’ve ever written.

Quote:
A mime came out from backstage and came down to the walk way in front of the stage. As people walked past him, he would make faces at them, make fun of the way they walked, or pretend to be an usher and usher them to a seat in the audience, only to make them get up again, and move a couple times before they got tired of him and he would stick his tongue out at them and go on to the next victim.
While this sounds amusing… I don’t believe you. Oh sure, it might have happened somewhere else, somewhen… but… nah. I’m not buying it.

Quote:
Biff seems to realize that he is in front of an audience and decides to ham it up a little. As he cleans the stage, he narrowly misses falling into the … Of course, anytime he points to the water, the crowd erupts in applause, and every time he points to the stage, we all boo. Still, he stays dry.
What a great job! If he screws up and accidentally falls in the water, the audience is going to think it was great and part of the act. I wonder if he ever actually has fallen in?

Quote:
The idea behind the show, is that Clyde and Seamore, the Sealions, and an otter, whom I forget the name of at the moment, are to interact with the main hosts,
Typical otter prejudice. Everybody remembers sea lion names, but nobody ever remembers the otter. Well otters have feelings too young lady! They have feelings and personalities and names gosh darnit!

His name is Bob.

You may not remember… but you otter.

Quote:
There wasn’t anything they could do to get Seamore to cooperate, so they had to cancel the show for the day.
Actually, I kinda like that. Oh, sure I’d want to see the show, but it really illustrates that these are animals after all. And sometimes an animal is not necessarily going to behave like a cartoon character.

Quote:
Even animals have days when they just don’t feel well or just don’t wanna.
Exactly. And trying to force them is just cruel.

Quote:
Looks like some tropical island, but looks are very deceiving, as there are some dangerous creatures in them there waters.

As we head down below, you are suddenly surrounded by sharks. There is a conveyor belt, ushering you from one side to the other at a menacingly slow pace, while sharks are swimming on every side of you, including above you as they move from one side of the tank to the other.
The first three pics are sand tiger sharks. They’re pretty docile. They look mean with those teeth sticking out, but there’ve been very few reports of sand tigers attacking people. The sleeping sharks are nurse sharks. Really, docile. The last couple of pics are what look like Blacktip Reef sharks, also quite timid.

I’ve watched a lot of shark shows in my day.

Quote:
So, do we make it out? Can we just pass right by these man eaters, without them trying to find a way to bust through the glass and take us prisoners?
I know you were just kidding (I hope!) but this actually happened fairly recently in China. Several people were injured, not by the sharks but by flying glass. Here’s a link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2369967.html

Quote:
Tune in next time for the next installment…And yes, I will do my best to get the next chapter out before the end of time...
Okay and I’ll try to get my comments in before the time after the end of time! Thanks for the chapter Heather! :

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #803
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Have you seen Jaws 3 in 3D? Stupid movie, but it does include a giant shark bursting through the glass at an amusement park. I always think of that at SW.
I saw that in the theater. What a waste of money that was. Really, really sucked.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #804
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #805
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That sucks. Sorry to hear about that Heather, but glad you’re feeling better now.
Thanks! Glad the migraine is gone...however, Now i've run into another issue. Insomnia. I don't know how I did this back in college, but running on about 6 hours of sleep total for the last few days is turning me into a zombie now at my age.

But instead of complaining...I'll just go by Cardinal Richard Cushing's words...

I'm Fine
"There's nothing whatever the matter with me,
I'm just as healthy as I can be.
I have arthritis in both my knees,
And when I talk, I talk with a wheeze.
My pulse is weak, and my blood is thin,
But I'm awfully well, for the shape I'm in
I think my liver is out of whack,
And a terrible pain is in my back.
My hearing is poor, my sight is dim,
Most everything seems to be out of trim -
But - I'm awfully well for the shape I'm in.
I have arch supports for both my feet,
Or I wouldn't be able to go on the street.
Sleeplessness I have, night after night,
And in the morning I'm just a sight!
My memory is failing, my head's in a spin -
I'm peacefully living on aspirin.....
The moral is, as this tale we unfold,
That for you and me who are growing old
It's better to say, "I'm fine", with a grin
Then to let them know the shape we're in."

Quote:
And yet… so many, many people truly enjoy it!
I've said it before, there are some truly strange people in this world...

Quote:
Okay, I can see that being hit by a ton of bricks might cause some discomfort. Heck, I’ll bet that being hit in the head by one brick would sting at least a little.
It will only hurt for a moment...Take it like a man!

Quote:
Why are the maidens always fair in stories? No unfair maidens? Not even a bit of a cheating maiden?

“Wait a sec! That’s a two headed coin! That’s not fair!”
“Oh, yes it is. I’m a fair maiden.”
I don't think the stories would go over as well if they started out with,

"Once upon a time, an unfair maiden lived in a beautiful kingdom, taking advantage of all the noblemen in the land by carrying around a two headed coin and daring anyone to second guess her when she won."

Quote:
The end. Thanks for the TR!
You're welcome. Now you may return to your regularly scheduled lives and forget this TR ever happened.

Quote:
We just went from a trusty steed to a trusty map. A downgrade if I’ve ever heard one.
It goes along with the unfair maiden story...What can I say.

Quote:
I reiterate… I would’ve sashayed. But to each his or her own.
No one can sashay like you Ponzi. So we just don't bother trying.

Quote:
What could you do figuratively?

Yeah...I got nothin...

Quote:
Well… some people do. Others get upset when they get wet… no matter how many signs that bluntly say, “You WILL get wet”.

But…

Walk in dryer? I think I’d pay the $5 just to try it.
The first time I saw the walk in dryer, I think it was at Universal in Orlando. We had gone on Bluto's Barge and as you climb your soaking self to the exit, there are about 2 or 3 dryers waiting your arrival. The kids seem to love them. When i saw the ones near this ride I figured there was no way I wasn't going to get wet...I guess it's a good warning system.

Quote:
Why seek medical attention when you can just hide it?
Makes sense to me.
That's what i figured. I mean what is the doctor going to do? See that my eye is possible scratched and then give me something to cover it up with anyway...I don't even have a medical degree and I'm all over it!

Quote:
I’m telling ya… If that turtle had sashayed instead of shimmied, he’d’ve made it.

Quote:
He needs somebody.
Not just anybody
You know he needs someone
In my lack of sleep haze that took me a moment before I went...AHA! Beatles, I tell ya, Their songs speak to everyone and everything.

Quote:
Ah!

I was thinking, “How come SW can keep theirs but MK can’t?”

Because it’s on the outskirts… fewer opportunities to dump stuff on people.
Yeah, the only people you can dumb stuff on on this ride are the paddle surfers. While it may be fun, it would be too much work to really try to hit them.

Quote:
Nice rock. But if it’s from T-Man you might want to check and see if it’s real. A man who will shave or grow a beard with no warning can’t be entirely trusted, ya know.
Fortunately, his sense when it comes to buying a ring is better than to shave or not to shave. There is a whole story that goes along with these rings...

Quote:
Hmmmm… can’t say for sure, but…. Piranhas?
I believe you are correct sir.

Quote:
Never did see that movie…
So I guess I have neither the heebees nor the jeebies.
I have only watched the first one. I know they made a sequel, but I just couldn't watch it. The funny thing is, every time I watch that darn movie, I end up with my feet up on the bed or couch and worried that one of those darn things is going to come up and attack me.

Quote:
Ever wonder what that says about our society where not only do we need to be entertained with a show, but we have to be entertained while we wait for the show and we also have to be entertained while we’re waiting to be entertained prior to the entertainment!
You can't have entertainment without entertainment...I mean even commercials at times are entertaining. Isn't that the reason we watch the superbowl?

Quote:
I wonder if that’s the longest sentence I’ve ever written.
I'm gonna go with yes...Only because I don't want to have to go back to all your posts to figure it out.

Quote:
While this sounds amusing… I don’t believe you. Oh sure, it might have happened somewhere else, somewhen… but… nah. I’m not buying it.
Can't fool you...

Quote:
What a great job! If he screws up and accidentally falls in the water, the audience is going to think it was great and part of the act. I wonder if he ever actually has fallen in?
Both T-Man and I wondered this ourselves. The two times we have seen this show, it has been a different guy playing Biff, but they each do the same sort of routine, just with their own style of flare. It would definitely be a riot if he did though.

Quote:
Typical otter prejudice. Everybody remembers sea lion names, but nobody ever remembers the otter. Well otters have feelings too young lady! They have feelings and personalities and names gosh darnit!
Hello, my name is Lady H and I'm an otter snob...

Quote:
His name is Bob.

Barum bum!

Quote:
Actually, I kinda like that. Oh, sure I’d want to see the show, but it really illustrates that these are animals after all. And sometimes an animal is not necessarily going to behave like a cartoon character.
Yeah. Just like we as humans have our off days, (Not me, you know I'm always on my game ), animals have their days too. It's refreshing to know that they are given the time and treated well even though.

I know that for Seamore, they tried to coax him into doing his part, but they realized early on that he wasn't going to. Unfortunately Clyde wasn't happy about him not participating so that sort of threw his part off. But the rest of the cast was very professional about it. Did not berate the animals for not doing anything and let them be.

Quote:
The first three pics are sand tiger sharks. They’re pretty docile. They look mean with those teeth sticking out, but there’ve been very few reports of sand tigers attacking people. The sleeping sharks are nurse sharks. Really, docile. The last couple of pics are what look like Blacktip Reef sharks, also quite timid.

I’ve watched a lot of shark shows in my day.
To me, it's big, it has sharp teeth and it's not an herbivore...so i'm not going to take the time to introduce myself to find out more.

Quote:
I know you were just kidding (I hope!) but this actually happened fairly recently in China. Several people were injured, not by the sharks but by flying glass. Here’s a link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2369967.html
I watched that on the news after it happened. That was crazy. I can only imagine what was going through some of the people's minds who were there. I would have been scared out of my mind.

Quote:
Okay and I’ll try to get my comments in before the time after the end of time! Thanks for the chapter Heather! :
Thanks for the breakdown...and Thanks for coming back

Old 02-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #806
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Fun pictures. I can hardly wait for Monday, and our San Diego trip. No SW for us, but we'll be staying right next to it.
The sharks give me the creeps. Have you seen Jaws 3 in 3D? Stupid movie, but it does include a giant shark bursting through the glass at an amusement park. I always think of that at SW.
I hope you have a ton of fun while you are there! Send some pixie dust our way would you?

I have not watched Jaws 3...I stopped watching after the first one and to be quite honest, i don't think i have watched the entire movie from start to finish. I just couldn't get into it. but the idea of a shark bursting out of the glass at a park, for that matter, any animal busting out of an enclosure at a park is a big fear of mine, especially around snakes and other creepy crawlies...of course I'm arachnophobic and tend to project that fear into other animals. I know...I'm a strange one.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #807
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
I don't know how I did this back in college, but running on about 6 hours of sleep total for the last few days is turning me into a zombie now at my age.
Welcome to my world!

Quote:

But instead of complaining...I'll just go by Cardinal Richard Cushing's words...

I'm Fine
"There's nothing whatever the matter with me,
I'm just as healthy as I can be.
I have arthritis in both my knees,
And when I talk, I talk with a wheeze.
My pulse is weak, and my blood is thin,
But I'm awfully well, for the shape I'm in
I think my liver is out of whack,
And a terrible pain is in my back.
My hearing is poor, my sight is dim,
Most everything seems to be out of trim -
I have arch supports for both my feet,
Or I wouldn't be able to go on the street.
Sleeplessness I have, night after night,
And in the morning I'm just a sight!
My memory is failing, my head's in a spin -
I'm peacefully living on aspirin.....
The moral is, as this tale we unfold,
That for you and me who are growing old
It's better to say, "I'm fine", with a grin
Then to let them know the shape we're in."
Thanks for that. Loved it.

Quote:
It will only hurt for a moment...Take it like a man!
Well... okay. But getting hit in the head has made me the way I am. You sure you want me to get hit again?

Quote:
Yeah, the only people you can dumb stuff on on this ride are the paddle surfers. While it may be fun, it would be too much work to really try to hit them.
Was that a typo? If not, it's very apropos, no?

Quote:
Fortunately, his sense when it comes to buying a ring is better than to shave or not to shave. There is a whole story that goes along with these rings...
Yeah? Give, lady.

Quote:
Barum bum!
That reminded me of a joke I once heard a comedian do. Don't know why but I always found it funny.

Picture the scene in Rocky where Rocky (Stallone, of course) is being berated by Mickey (Burgess Meredith)...

Mickey: "You're a bum, Rocky!"
Rock y: "I ain't no bum."
Mickey: "You're a bum, I tells ya!"
Rocky: "I ain't no bum."
Mickey: "You're a bum!"
Mickey: "Yes you are! You're a bum!"
Mickey: "Awright, but you're a lousy elocutionist!"

<long pause>

Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #808
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Ok…So after battling a 3 day migraine, I am finally able to stare at my computer long enough to discern what pictures are what. Gah, I loathe not feeling well. It’s been years since I’ve had a migraine that has lasted this long. I can usually control it once I feel the onset, but not this time. It hit me like a ton of bricks. At least that’s what it felt like the next day when I could barely see while driving to my chiropractor. (By the way, when you have sensitivity to light and sound, the best option is not to go out in the bright sunlight and drive through rush hour traffic to get to a chiropractor, who then proceeds to use what feels like a jack hammer to relieve the tension in your neck!...just a word of advice).

Anyway, so on with the show.

I've bveen lucky lately with migraines,,, been awhile,,,my very first one came when staying at Pop Cent.,,, with a beautiful aura and everything. Not know iing what it was i thought i was dying. Or Scotty was trying to beam up the Hippy Dippy Pool.

The ride turned out to be sort of a mix between Kali and Universal’s Bluto’s Barge. At the end of the ride, we were soaked. You could literally ring out our clothes and be left with a puddle under our feet. I was tempted to pay the $5 for the walk in dryer, but decided against it. This is after all the reason you go on a water ride…to get wet right?

the amazing thing is they learned how to make money on getting you wet.

Of course now, my eye is really irritating me, and getting hit in the face with water from the ride hasn’t helped at all. I’m trying really hard not to rub it or mess with it, but it’s begging to be messed with. So naturally I do just that, only to make the problem worse. I feel like I have something in my eye. Mike takes a look to see if he can see anything, but he sees nothing either. He tells me whatever it is, is probably gone by now, but I’ve rubbed it and messed with it so much I’ve probably scratched my eye in the process and that’s what I’m feeling.

I cringe everytime I hear about somebody having eye problems,,,, it probably is just scratched a bit though.

This one in particular was doing everything in its power to get onto the sand, but just couldn’t quite shimmy far enough. Eventually all his hard work getting to where he was, got washed away as he slowly slide back into the water.

Poor dear.

Reminds me of ME trying to get up the sand dunes at Vero Beach.

Of course T-Man looks naturally at ease…

Yes, almost lifelike.

I dunno,, holding on sounds like a good idea to me.

After getting back on solid ground,

Yes,,, that's so much better than getting back in quicksand,,,
If I remember correctly, this was a fresh water tank viewing area. It was pretty interesting to watch them swim around.

Just keep swimming…

Didn't Tremors take place in New Mexico? HMMM?

We have only been to Sea World in Orlando,, once,, back in '06,,, but without a doubt,, fro me the highlight of the day was watching the guy seat the tourists coming into theh bleacher area to sit,,,,he was a riot! Better than the actual show.

The idea behind the show, is that Clyde and Seamore, the Sealions, and an otter, whom I forget the name of at the moment, are to interact with the main hosts, and act out scenes from famous tv shows, i.e., Dancing with the Stars, CSI, etc. With different hand signals, the sealions will assist in acting out the scene and adding humor, usually making the human host look bad or like an idiot.

The show really is quite hilarious, however, this time around, Clyde was ready and willing to show off his acting skills, while Seamore was willing and ready...to swim.

i love watching the handlers when the animals aren't playing nice.

This happened once before, during the big Shamu show a few years before, where Shamu didn’t wanna, and no one tells Shamu what to do…Of course the thing is, if Momma doesn’t wanna, then the babies won’t wanna, so none of them wanted to partipate in the show that night. It was sad, but it’s understandable. Even animals have days when they just don’t feel well or just don’t wanna.

this is what we see:

Shhhh…They’re sleeping!

Great shark pictures.

So, do we make it out? Can we just pass right by these man eaters, without them trying to find a way to bust through the glass and take us prisoners? Only one way to find out. Tune in next time for the next installment…And yes, I will do my best to get the next chapter out before the end of time...
thanks Lady H,,, great reporting
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #809
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Lady H in the picture of you on the gondola your smile says "sure honey I'm having fun" but the death grip you have on the pole says "someone help me!"

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #810
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Ponzi's quote:

His name is Bob.

Nice Ponzi:
Thank you, I just had him stuffed!
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: